Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,252 members, 7,964,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 08:36 AM

This Should Be Our Focus In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / This Should Be Our Focus In Nigeria (135 Views)

3 Business To Focus On In 2021 That Guaranteed Over 300k Monthly / Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home / Our Focus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Should Be Our Focus In Nigeria by Fryx: 5:46pm On Mar 24
For a while now, I have been seeing companies turning natural waste products into usable materials.

I have seen a company turn banana trees to fabrics (rough fabric).

Today, I came across a video of a “white woman” who after learning that some ancient culture (forgive my memory, don’t usually keep details, hence I forgot the name of the culture already). But she learnt they use pineapple leaves for fabric, inspired, she began to make research on how to do it better.

She built a technology that produces high-quality leather and fine yarn from pineapple leaves at a much more affordable price - Piñatex.

Her products are used by top brands across the globe, notable of which are Nike and Adidas.

It begs the question-why can’t we emulate this?

The technology has been developed, if we are willing, we can learn it from the pioneers, develop it locally and limit our supply chain locally to boost IGR.

Producing essential items locally, at a more cheaper price will definitely put a smile on our economy and currency.

If you have the means as a Nigerian, I will urge you to look into these more sustainable and affordable means of production. You don’t need to be a victim to fluctuating exchange rates if you empower local factories to produce what you need.

I am sure the government will be willing to help if we have the vision to make a change.

Here is the video for anyone curious: https://fb.watch/r04vh5vkIU/

(1) (Reply)

UCH's Dr. Lere Oluwadare Emerges Winner Of Shalina Rising Star Contest / USA, CANADA & UK / Key Facts About The Proposed New General Multipurpose National Identity Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.