Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,783 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:50 AM

Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters (3738 Views)

Orji Orizu Sues Reverend-Father Chilaka For N5bn Over Prophecy / Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) / Man Sues God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by tkb417(m): 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2007
oloshi buruku. He should sue Satan first.
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by Seun(m): 9:27pm On Sep 20, 2007
God has been prepared for people like this:

Psalms 2

1 Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying,
3 “Let us break Their bonds in pieces and cast away Their cords from us.”
4 He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; the Lord shall hold them in derision.

And that, my dear, is an example of the famous "I don't have to answer you" defense. wink
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by Wordsmith(m): 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2007
^^Omo na wa o, admin e be like say you gas go do fill in the gaps and Comprehension for Intensive english. No kain, i get d textbook for house, na primary 4 i use am last, ma'a borrow u small. Na so u just read dat bible portion kon add d wan wey no dey thia. na u sabi o. If u don get Baba loke for mind, hw u go fit read dat ting wella? Omo shirale o, efrebor o. . .

On a more serious note though, why talk about a God that you don't believe in as u often say? After all, He's non-existent to you. So why bother? Why go at every length, even bias as shown in the last post- IMHO- to show ur dislike ; if u don't believe in God, then surely u can't dislike what doesn't exist, abi?
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by Wordsmith(m): 9:48pm On Sep 20, 2007
^^Omo na wa o, admin e be like say you gas go do fill in the gaps and Comprehension for Intensive english. No kain, i get d textbook for house, na primary 4 i use am last, ma'a borrow u small. Na so u just read dat bible portion kon add d wan wey no dey thia. na u sabi o. If u don get Baba loke for mind, hw u go fit read dat ting wella? Omo shirale o, efrebor o. . .

On a more serious note though, why talk about a God that you don't believe in as u often say? After all, He's non-existent to you. So why bother? Why go at every length, even bias as shown in the last post- IMHO- to show ur dislike ; if u don't believe in God, then surely u can't dislike what doesn't exist, abi?
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by Shaunscot(m): 10:12pm On Sep 20, 2007
I dont think most of you read the article before commenting.

Chambers told local media he filed the suit to make a point about frivolous lawsuits frequently seen in US courts, citing a recent one against a judge
He isnt seeking unneccessary attention-He is a Senator already.

Anyways as for this

Neither God nor his/her spokespersons could be contacted for comment

I think Rev King can represent God.
Anyways,its just a BIG JOKE to me.
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by baby4u2(f): 10:19pm On Sep 20, 2007
at least we recognize that God is the one to ask abi Seun, ?
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by bagoma(f): 10:53pm On Sep 20, 2007
laughable.
i have actually watched a similar story in an episode of "touched by an angel"
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by katherinae(f): 11:00pm On Sep 20, 2007
i think he is jumping the gun a bit. shouldnt he wait till he dies to sue the Lord? i beleive it will be a faster process that way.
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by Nobody: 4:55am On Sep 21, 2007
lol.

i just want to know how much he'll get if this ridiculous case goes to the supreme court. lol, so when judgment day comes, who will do the final judging?

this is a perfect example of why the western world has natural disasters
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by mellow(m): 11:45am On Sep 21, 2007
If men were God.[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by Globaltech: 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2007
shocked Frivolous?  OMG.
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by roflmao: 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2007
And God "responds"! grin grin grin

I'm loving this, and by the way co-sign Shaunscot. You guys take things toooooo seriously. And I damn sure will bear witness against God if I'm called upon. That dude up there needs to take responsibility for his actions (as you religious heads - Christians and Muslims - claim) . He needs to explain himself and if found guilty they lock his ass up. I for one would like this to be a Federal case diligently proposing the US government re-open Alcatraz and lock him there. "Gitmo" would also be suitable otherwise. No one should be above the law. grin grin grin
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by kolette(f): 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2007
Sue GOD! that's interesting. I'm waiting for the outcome of the lawsuit.
Whether na where him want take see GOD.
A WHOLE GOD!
Mmmmm wonders shall never end.
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by amaikama(m): 4:00pm On Sep 21, 2007
what the senator should do is to sue his father for bringing him into this world to witness natural disaster not God.
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by McDreamy: 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2007
the GUY is NUTS!!!
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by nferyn(m): 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2007
From your link:
rof-lmao:

And God "responds"! grin grin grin

Not so, says "God." His response argues that the defendant is immune from some earthly laws and the court lacks jurisdiction.

It adds that blaming God for human oppression and suffering misses an important point.

"I created man and woman with free will and next to the promise of immortal life, free will is my greatest gift to you," according to the response, as read by Friend.
Apparently human free will is responsible for natural disasters. Someone really has to explain that one to me.
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by Seun(m): 5:46pm On Sep 21, 2007
Our God-given free will leads us to sin, which makes God angry,
which leads to natural disasters, which is all our fault, of course.
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by anusule(m): 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2007
all our fault, cry
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by nferyn(m): 8:52pm On Sep 21, 2007
Seun:

Our God-given free will leads us to sin, which makes God angry,
which leads to natural disasters, which is all our fault, of course.
Makes perfect sense for an all-loving God grin Especially when the punishment is meted out indiscriminately, targeting the weak and the poor more than the evil ones.
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by ricadelide(m): 8:55pm On Sep 21, 2007
nferyn:

Makes perfect sense for an all-loving God grin Especially when the punishment is meted out indiscriminately, targeting the weak and the poor more than the evil ones.
Oh, finally, nferyn believes in God. What a great revelation of himself he has given you tongue.
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by ayasco(m): 9:57pm On Sep 21, 2007
the general quetion is, is sanity a condition one must fufil before contesting for an election in the US?
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by chrisoml(m): 11:37pm On Sep 21, 2007
What I see here is that does not have a single regard 4 His make a Creator.
I think he need a word of truth [BIBLE]
and also he need to come out darkness to be able to appreciate who GOD really is.
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by GL(f): 8:11am On Sep 22, 2007
lol grin @ the senator guy, this is SOOO funny. afterall, God's "crimes" are not restricted to one country or continent, they happen all over the world. so where does he plan for the trial to take place and who will be the judge? in fact, how do they effect whatever judgement that would be passed?
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by ricadelide(m): 8:36am On Sep 22, 2007
GL:

lol grin @ the senator guy, this is SOOO funny. afterall, God's "crimes" are not restricted to one country or continent, they happen all over the world. so where does he plan for the trial to take place and who will be the judge? in fact, how do they effect whatever judgement that would be passed?
Germane questions. Obviously, the plaintiff's mind didn't really go that far grin.
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by ricadelide(m): 8:40am On Sep 22, 2007
*offtopic*

@GL,
Oops, today's your 21st. Happy Birthday!!! grin Welcome to the officially adult world (oh, there's still 25, and then 30, and 40 and . . . cheesy)
just kidding. Have a great day!!
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by GL(f): 9:19am On Sep 22, 2007
thanks for the birthday wishes ricadelide.
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by naijafan(m): 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2007
amaikama:

what the senator should do is to sue his father for bringing him into this world to witness natural disaster not God.
naa that's a dumb response. will u sue ur father for bringing you into a world where u would be cheated / molested by someone? you'd rather sue the entity directly involved

GL:

yea, he thot of that. if you read the news article, he said since God is omnipresent, he could be tried even in the local court - that's why he's a lawmaker, not you.

ayasco:

the general quetion is, is sanity a condition one must fufil before contesting for an election in the US?
are atheists or freethinkers insane ? that's discrimination

overall, if y'all actually read the news article, he was trying to "make a point about frivolous lawsuits frequently seen in US courts, citing a recent one against a judge". and that, he has done.

did y'all read about the guy who sued google for $5million dollars last week.
Reason: he took his social security number, scrambled it, converted it to alphabets, and ended up with the word google.
Claim: google was "trying to violate the his civil liberties by adopting his social security number as their company name"
http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/09/19/man-files-best-lawsuit-ever-against-google

y'all religious fanatics dont need to be over-agitated over this. you would agree that even the bible supports the fact that He could be called to question according to Psalm 74:22 (God as defendant) and Micah 6:1 (God as accused).
not surprised at most of the responses cos the same bible debunks you guys in Hosea 4:6 sayin "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; for thou hast rejected knowledge, and I will reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me"

bottomline: You're not fit to argue for God if u cant read his words before blabbing ignorantly. No second chances, sorry - you've been rejected already by him grin grin
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by IDINRETE: 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2007
@ adekennis

do you think comparing the picture with Soyinka in a comical manner is funny, what would you do if Soyinka were to be your father?
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by ibrahiem(m): 10:14am On Sep 25, 2007
de man na 1 fool.he should sued on GOD on his own creatn.meen,hw can any sane person do dat.
I JUST HOPE HE HAS NOT HESTEN DA END OF TIME.
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by GL(f): 12:50pm On Sep 25, 2007
naijafan:

yea, he thot of that. if you read the news article, he said since God is omnipresent, he could be tried even in the local court - that's why he's a lawmaker, not you.
grin grin

dont see how dat explains how anyone can execute judgement on someone you have no jurisdiction over, i think all this is just to put his name in the news, dont see what else he hopes to achieve from this. this is different from suing a judge or google, no matter how frivolous the reason, because they are physical entities. but God? it's just a waste of time, not as if this would stop the natural disasters or anything.
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by roflmao: 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2007
All you religious fanatics need to STFU!!! Heck is wrong with y'all? The level of brainwashing, bamboozling, and "zombieism" amongst y'all is just distasteful and pitiful. What's wrong with questioning God? That's why we are humans and not just an ordinary animal. We have a sense of reasoning and thought to understand our world as a whole.

And before you all start crying for my crucifixion I'm a Christian (well, I like to think so!) like you all but being a Christian doesn't we fail to welcome discussion that questions God.
Re: Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters by naijafan(m): 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2007
GL:

don't see how that explains how anyone can execute judgement on someone you have no jurisdiction over, i think all this is just to put his name in the news, don't see what else he hopes to achieve from this. this is different from suing a judge or google, no matter how frivolous the reason, because they are physical entities. but God? it's just a waste of time, not as if this would stop the natural disasters or anything.

Mr GL. He was trying to showcase the fact that anything can be taken to a US court for any reason. Simple. Read the news article please.
And like rof-lmao said, I'm also a Christian. And the bible doesnt frown at what he's doing - except the fact that he's doing it in a comical way.

@rof-lmao
no mind all of 'em jare. God created man, and gave him freewill. you shouldnt question man's use of it - as long as it doesnt impact anyone else apart from himself. if not, we should have seen lots of dead people sent to prisons for commiting suicide.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

419 Oyedepo / The Religious Leader Who Convinced 909 People To Commit Suicide(photos, VIDEO) / The Seventh-day Adventist Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.