Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,821 members, 7,902,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:17 PM

We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country (420 Views)

My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema / 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot / Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by DHI1050(m): 6:07pm On Mar 28
Before this APC govt came and even during the last semi-evil govt (Buhari's own), we did buy our foods by ourselves but we cant buy what we want with what we have now. And the president and his cronies think they are doing well and doing us favor.
I read in the news that a certain country is subsidizing things for her citizens so that everyone can afford to buy what he needs, but our leaders are just bent on punishing their subjects so that they can have a lot of money to embezzled.
We have now been moved from catering for our need by our selves to been feeds or given palliatives like beggers in our own country.
Will Nigeria cost of living ever go back to that of between 2005-2014 periods??

Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by Blue3k(m): 6:16pm On Mar 28
Fed*

1 Like

Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by StarRida: 6:20pm On Mar 28
I'm indeed speechless
Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by nairalanda1(m): 6:25pm On Mar 28
Well it was like that in the 1980s , 90s and even 2000 until we had another oil boom from 2008 to 14. Oil boom means we could import and import

The thing is, if we want to eat well, we need to have large scale mechanized farming provide the majority of our agriculture. Subsitence farming can only take you to x. Never beyond.

I'm not supporting apc or tinubu by this comment. Just that I heard similar back in the day . Even back in the 1980s they used to say Nigerians were eating from the trash

When you run a dutch diseased economy like apc and pdp and their precursors did, this is the result. Boom and bust. We are yet to move from the hunter gatherer stage
Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by hslbroker2(m): 6:28pm On Mar 28
StarRida:
I'm indeed speechless
this is not new
Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by Brendaniel: 6:31pm On Mar 28
nairalanda1:
Well it was like that in the 1980s , 90s and even 2000 until we had another oil boom from 2008 to 14. Oil boom means we could import and import

The thing is, if we want to eat well, we need to have large scale mechanized farming provide the majority of our agriculture. Subsitence farming can only take you to x. Never beyond.

I'm not supporting apc or tinubu by this comment. Just that I heard similar back in the day . Even back in the 1980s they used to say Nigerians were eating from the trash

When you run a dutch diseased economy like apc and pdp and their precursors did, this is the result. Boom and bust. We are yet to move from the hunter gatherer stage

This is pure lie, don't lie because you want to push your subsidy narrative....
Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by nairalanda1(m): 6:59pm On Mar 28
Brendaniel:

I wish it was a lie.

Good evening. And the message I am ultimately pushing isn't about subsidy
Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by nairalanda1(m): 7:03pm On Mar 28
Brendaniel:

For people like you it's about making your side look good

For folks like me, it's about how your side and their side miss the point.

Good evening. And don't call me a liar again.
Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by predictor1: 7:08pm On Mar 28
nairalanda1:

For people like you it's about making your side look good

For folks like me, it's about how your side and their side miss the point.

Good evening. And don't call me a liar again.
But you told a lie. Because it wasn't like that in the 90s and 2000s. Nigeria's economy boomed in the 2000s, starting from 2001. In 1993 it was a bit rough because of sanctions against Abacha.

1 Like

Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by Brendaniel: 7:09pm On Mar 28
nairalanda1:

I wish it was a lie.

Good evening. And the message I am ultimately pushing isn't about subsidy

Please list the governments from the 80's, 90's and 2000's that this same thing happened and provide news links to the events or you remain a liar....
Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by Truths9ja: 7:14pm On Mar 28
Nigeria and its aren’t luck with the set of leaders we are all producing. Very unfortunate situation in our generation
Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by nairalanda1(m): 7:16pm On Mar 28
Brendaniel:

Please list the governments from the 80's, 90's and 2000's that this same thing happened and provide news links to the events or you remain a liar....

Thank you and good night. You won't believe me anyway

Too many missionaries, too few heathens
Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by nairalanda1(m): 7:18pm On Mar 28
predictor1:
But you told a lie. Because it wasn't like that in the 90s and 2000s. Nigeria's economy boomed in the 2000s, starting from 2001. In 1993 it was a bit rough because of sanctions against Abacha.

It was..I was there..I remember it

Yes I agree tinubu is running a bad government, but let's not pretend that 1982 to 2006 was a good time.

Even the times of the oil boom , we had a large poor underclass

You want a good government, get out and vote in one that would take us off oil dependent nature

Not everything is about your side
Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by Brendaniel: 7:22pm On Mar 28
nairalanda1:

Thank you and good night. You won't believe me anyway

Too many missionaries, too few heathens

I was born in the 80's so when you tell some kind of lies I would know even without reading the news about it or history about it, you have no evidence to back up your lie...
Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by Ofunaofu: 7:23pm On Mar 28
Tinubu have successfully turned Nigeria into the world largest IDP camp

1 Like

Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by nairalanda1(m): 7:24pm On Mar 28
Brendaniel:

I was born in the 80's so when you tell some kind of lies I would know even without reading the news about it or history about it, you have no evidence to back up your lie...

So you don't remember SAP and my take home salary cannot take me home? The mass devaluation of 1989 and so forth.?

I am not here to defend tinubu if that is what you think.

Nigeria has always had a bad economy because we are a dutch diseased economy. Even when thjngs look good.

You want a good economy..free market and industrialization
Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by swagana: 7:36pm On Mar 28
Before nko, apc will turn all of una to almajiris by the time Tinubu finishes his first term.
Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by Brendaniel: 7:39pm On Mar 28
nairalanda1:

So you don't remember SAP and my take home salary cannot take me home? The mass devaluation of 1989 and so forth.?

I am not here to defend tinubu if that is what you think.

Nigeria has always had a bad economy because we are a dutch diseased economy. Even when thjngs look good.

You want a good economy..free market and industrialization

The OP is talking about sharing of food to the citizens like beggars, if you do not understand what the OP was trying to say you should have just kept quiet instead of telling lies.

Let me explain it to you, what he is trying to say is Nigeria has never been this bad since its existence to the extent that citizens are being given food like beggars just to survive .....

Which means this is the worst state Nigeria has ever been since its creation....

1 Like

Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by nairalanda1(m): 7:46pm On Mar 28
Brendaniel:

The OP is talking about sharing of food to the citizens like beggars, if you do not understand what the OP was trying to say you should have just kept quiet instead of telling lies.

Let me explain it to you, what he is trying to say is Nigeria has never been this bad since its existence to the extend that citizens are been given food like beggars just to survive .....

Which means this is the worst state Nigeria has ever been since its creation....

K.
Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by Father4all: 7:48pm On Mar 28
Before unko
Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by Truths9ja: 8:20pm On Mar 28
It will continue to Persist since we don’t want to change in voting a credible leader to power in the government.
Re: We Have Now Been Feed Like Beggers In Our Own Country by predictor1: 10:24pm On Mar 28
nairalanda1:

It was..I was there..I remember it

Yes I agree tinubu is running a bad government, but let's not pretend that 1982 to 2006 was a good time.

Even the times of the oil boom , we had a large poor underclass

You want a good government, get out and vote in one that would take us off oil dependent nature

Not everything is about your side
No, it wasn't. Nigeria has always had a large proportion of poor people but at least people could afford food and they were not this terrorised.

Food was cheap and we had steady power supply. I grew up in a neighborhood called Eleyele in Ibadan. In the late 80s up till the late 90s we didn't just enjoy steady power supply, we had public water too. Now there's hardly anything like public water supply anywhere in Ibadan.

There were instances of hardship but nothing prolonged like what Nigerians have experienced in the past 8 years or thereabouts.

About Tinubu's government, I believe the policies he has taken are the sort of policies that can enable the bolded.
We've deceived ourselves for decades wasting our oil revenues on subsidies and artificially propping up the naira crazily. Now, we have the chance to invest our savings in real things. That's if corruption doesn't block the way as before.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Some People Not Proud Of Their Own Region And Prefer To Impersonate? / RSHA And The Balkanization OF Chieftaincy Stools In Rivers State. / Are Southwesters The Only Geopolitical Zone Supporting Tinubu Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.