Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,671 members, 7,878,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:21 AM

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market (29824 Views)

Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by RapistOnBail: 8:50am On Mar 30
socialmediaman:

I didn't say they lied. I said they're full of propaganda.

Propaganda is when you met dollar at 800, sent it to 2,000, then you're celebrating it's fall to 1,300 as proof of economic progress.

Propaganda is when you receive 1.5Billion currency inflow and inform the public that its proof of your good economic policies, whereas 5 years ago, the country was receiving 2Billion currency inflow
All of you are so dull to Economics... I thought your region sabi business... Little did I know say na Nzogbu Nzogbu ways of doing things una dey.

Try reasoning with your complete head. And try advice your bitter regional men.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Almunjid(m): 8:50am On Mar 30
socialmediaman:

You're celebrating dollar at N1,300? How much was it when Tinubu came to office? Now ask yourself the same question, you normal so?
At the end of Buhari's administration, the naira to the dollar exchange rate in the official market was N464. U never appreciated Buhari when Dollar was N464, did u? U spent 8 years laying curses on him and calling him all sort of unprintable names. U preferred that he takes Naira to N230 where he met it in 2015.

Are u exactly how u use to be or look in 2015? Don't u look older? Haven't ur age, weight, height etc increased? Does that mean that u won't appreciate God for the gift of life, except he makes u as young as u use to be before? Remember, nothing remains the same. Change is constant in life.
It was a negative change when Naira was N1,900 to the dollar and a positive one when it comes down to N1,280. Anyone who doesn't appreciate "little" will never appreciate "much". U won't die if u appreciate him a little, trust me.

Salaam!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Bizibi(m): 8:52am On Mar 30
Abdul05:

I Know some people won't be happy about this good news .. grin

See..when we talk about economics one can see that president tinubu knows the subject very well . grin grin
I pray it is not a short term solution.....
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by na2016: 8:59am On Mar 30
socialmediaman:
This government is full of propaganda.

Here’s your proof:

https://www.nairaland.com/8046241/fact-checking-numbers-cbns-announcement

I only read the first three lines of this post and I knew it is propaganda. Which BDC would do business for just 20 naira profit?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by MrJames007: 8:59am On Mar 30
By this time next month it should be 700. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Samunique(m): 9:00am On Mar 30
clarocuzioo:
The irony now is that price of goods are not depreciating. Nigerian economy defiles all known economic laws.
grin

Hahaha Nigeria my kontri 😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by socialmediaman: 9:02am On Mar 30
Almunjid:

At the end of Buhari's administration, the naira to the dollar exchange rate in the official market was N464. U still didn't appreciate Buhari when dollar was N464, did u? U spent 8 years laying curses on him and calling him all sort of unprintable names. U preferred that he takes Naira to N230 where he met it in 2015.

Are u exactly how u use to be or look in 2015? Don't u look older? Haven't ur age, weight, height etc increased? Does that mean that u won't appreciate God for the gift of life, except he makes u as young as u use to be before? Remember, nothing remains the same. Change is constant in life.
It was a negative change when Naira was N1,900 to the dollar and a positive one when it comes down to N1,280. Anyone who doesn't appreciate "little" will never appreciate "much". U won't die if u appreciate him a little, trust me.

Salaam!

Unfortunately for you, I supported Buhari in 2015 against GEJ. When I realized he was a disaster, I publicly withdrew my support. I am not like most of you that will keep lying to yourself just because of tribe or religion.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Konquest: 9:04am On Mar 30
dre11:

The naira, on Friday, appreciated to N1,280 per dollar at the parallel section of the foreign exchange (FX) market.

The current FX rate signifies a 5.19 percent appreciation from the N1,350/$ reported on March 27.

Currency traders in Lagos, also known as bureau de change (BDCs) operators, quoted the buying rate of the greenback at N1,260 and the selling price at N1,280 — leaving a profit margin of N20.

“The price of the dollar as well as other major currencies have been falling. It is affecting our business as some customers prefer to keep their currencies than change it with us,” a currency trader identified as Aliyu told TheCable.

At the official section of the FX market, the local currency depreciated by 0.69 percent to N1,309.39/$ on March 28 — from N1,300.43/$ on March 27.

Meanwhile, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), on March 29, said the economy recorded over $1.5 billion in foreign exchange (FX) inflow this month, indicating its monetary policy initiatives are effective.

The apex bank said the naira is headed in the right direction, and the administration of Yemi Cardoso, CBN governor, remains committed to ensuring the stability of the market and the appropriate pricing of the naira against other major currencies worldwide.

https://www.thecable.ng/naira-appreciates-to-n1280-at-parallel-market/amp?/naira-appreciates-to-n1280-at-parallel-market
Legitimate BDCs are NOT the same as parallel markets.

Parallel markets are alternatively called BLACK MARKETS.

Please take note of this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Kukutente23: 9:10am On Mar 30
emkz:
No, Rufai Oseni won't be happy.

It is because of this Rufai Oseni did not come to work yesterday.

I have not seen a human being so vile, hateful and peddles evil about his own country.
Seems he lives rent free in your head such that you're monitoring his movements
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Almunjid(m): 9:15am On Mar 30
socialmediaman:

Unfortunately for you, I supported Buhari in 2015 against GEJ. When I realized he was a disaster, I publicly withdrew my support. I am not like most of you that will keep lying to yourself just because of tribe or religion.
Unfortunately for u too. I never voted or campaigned for Jagaban. I just happened to be wiser than ur ilks to know that after election we need to keep politics aside and support anyone who turned out to be the president of our country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by wildernessVoice: 9:16am On Mar 30
When this Govt came in 2023 , USD was #462. So what are we celebrating
PMS was 195 and now 680 in Abuja, what are we celebrating ...?
USD rise and fall never the determinant of prices of goods and services but cost of transportation, energy e. t. c. which are still on the high side.
NOTHING TO CELEBRATE YET
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by tachia406: 9:16am On Mar 30
Arise TV merchant. Those who wish Nigeria bad. The pains of losing an election.
vowiski:
Lol,

Oshiomole style of leadership as NLC chairman.

They both know fuel will increase by N5. Government Increase fuel by N10. Everyone shouts and Oshiomole jumps round the Country.

Fuel reduces by N5. The original plan of the government, Masses say Fuel has reduced and Oshiomole try oooo.

Tinubu increases exchange rate to N1880. They know the economy is N1300-1400.

They bring it down to N1300-1400. Masses scream, Naira is appreciating.

I am forced to ask; Naira is appreciating from where ? Where did the present government meet it?

You can see the smoke and screen? cheesy
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by MrSundry: 9:17am On Mar 30
eazye4u133:

What category do you fall under, yes I meant you wink?

I am just a silent observer😄
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Cantonese: 9:18am On Mar 30
vowiski:
Lol,

They both know fuel will increase by N5. Government Increase fuel by N10. Everyone shouts and Oshiomole jumps round the Country.

Fuel reduces by N5. The original plan of the government, Masses say Fuel has reduced and Oshiomole try oooo.

I am forced to ask; Naira is appreciating from where ? Where did the present government meet it?

And the prices of goods and services increased to Match the very high exchange rate. They need to tell us if the prices of goods and services have reduced to match the current exchange rate. Even when the increase salaries, prices will increase further.

Hmmmm.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by SunMusk(m): 9:19am On Mar 30
I think is true check cryto exchanges p2p is at 1222
socialmediaman:
This government is full of propaganda.

Here’s your proof:

https://www.nairaland.com/8046241/fact-checking-numbers-cbns-announcement

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by MrSundry: 9:19am On Mar 30
FOOTSOLDIER2:

What about the "dollar should hit #2500 already crew?

😄😄😄
That's true ooo.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:19am On Mar 30
vowiski:
Lol,

Hmmm....... Tinubu is a master strategist. Knows how to achieve his goals. I love your analysis. That is being very smart. It's not easy controlling a crowd without wisdom.

May this government be very, very successfully.

Look at Oshomole, take a look at his back ground and where he is today. Tells you a lot about people who know how to get what they want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by mysticwarrior(m): 9:20am On Mar 30
Does this even change the price of things that has already gone up?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by MrSundry: 9:20am On Mar 30
zedman1:
They are all here. It's funny how the one just below your comment makes you look like a Nigerian prophet.

😄😄😄
It's very predictable
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by silvoclaira: 9:21am On Mar 30
Edoreborn:
Just googled it now,,na 1425 I saw oooo

It's now 1421

And still going down
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by JohnAOne: 9:22am On Mar 30
Rousehil1:
I went to buy tomato yesterday. The cost are still high whereas dollar is falling. What's the cause?
They were bought when dollar was still high, so they need to sell off old stock.
But GREED of Nigerians is the main problem.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Riskymarvelous(m): 9:22am On Mar 30
forgiveness:
We thank baba God.
that the dollar is coming back to #216 per dollar
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Edoreborn: 9:23am On Mar 30
silvoclaira:

It's now 1421

And still going down
So why deceiving people that is 1200?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by MrSundry: 9:23am On Mar 30
Keegan:

And

5. The "expectant or observatory" crew. People like you.

You don catch me😄

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by SunMusk(m): 9:24am On Mar 30
My pray is if it can enter 900, it be good, what is killing Nigeria is corruption. Argentina devalue their pesos from 350 to 800, since last year it remains at 850. We have more reserves than Argentina. But Nigeria system is too corrupt. Pesos is stable. But Nigeria some Nigerians are taking advantage of the system. May God help us. I don't support Tinubu in any way. But dollars at 1200 is abomination. Nd every Nigeria should contribute it falls to the devalue price of 750.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Dennisochampa: 9:24am On Mar 30
socialmediaman:

For a government of the same people that lied to Nigerians for 8 years that Buhari was doing well when in reality he was destroying the economy, only to be doing the same thing again, It’s interesting that you choose to believe them again without fact checking for yourself.
This isn't believing...
This is fact... Would u have preferred to wake up and see dollar at 3,000 naira
Now we have seen an increase in the value of dollar....
It's not what we want but it's better than where we used to be and that's what gives room for me to believe that if the appreciation of naira is sustained, over time... Things will become better

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by CondemnBattery(f): 9:26am On Mar 30
I'm honestly ashamed of the people dancing and foaming in their mouth, that naira is appreciating.
Was the naira not 400/500 when he took over power?

What's the meaning of appreciation? Some Nigerian are dull from birth. Theirs is follow come
vowiski:
Lol,

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Feldie: 9:26am On Mar 30
socialmediaman:

You're celebrating dollar at N1,300? How much was it when Tinubu came to office? Now ask yourself the same question, you normal so?
so you didn't know that Dollar was floated and is no longer being subsidized as it was before?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Dennisochampa: 9:27am On Mar 30
lexy2014:

you are correct. pls help us analyse this poster below
Check out that same date and go and make a research.... See the inflation rate in USA, UK and Canada for the same period and come back to tell me if things have changed over time....
For a country struggling with terrorism, corruption and massive exit of international investors.... Do u expect the currency of that economy to measure up to those of first world or developed countries??
At times, I feel we Nigerians expect a miracle from a country that is so badly damaged

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Dennisochampa: 9:28am On Mar 30
lexy2014:

exactly...
Google gives you rates that are above the official exchange rates and this is so that business men will have a guide without having to go through banks...
What you're seeing now does not reflect the true value of dollar to naira exchange rate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by OLAPROSPER4(m): 9:28am On Mar 30
[

You can see the smoke and screen? cheesy[/quote]

Did you read what you wrote? I'm certain you have no knowledge of Economics! Why don't you do research than display ignorance?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Badmashiii: 9:29am On Mar 30
Richtaiwo:
The set of enemies working out their assses to see Nigeria doesn't get out of the woods will sure be in pains. Some of the devils said the exchange rate will be 3000/$ before the end of March. All because Nigerians rejected their packaged fraud. Some of them are doing useless fact check over what is in public domain. They say it is propaganda and I ask, how can something that is visible to blind and audible to the deaf be propaganda again.

That's why we can never allow igbo to rule this country. After his Excellency,Bola ahmed tinubu finish his 8 years,then we the "ABOKI" folks will take over for another 8years.

After that,we hand over back to our yoruba brothers to continue.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG / Unemployed Nigerians Find Solace In Sports Betting, Make It Full-time Job / First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.