Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,889 members, 7,976,312 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 03:59 AM

I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani (21845 Views)

Prince Harry Wears Agbada In Nigeria As Kaduna Governor Uba Sani Dresses Him / I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi / Happening Now. Kaduna Is Fully Atikulated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by emmybobo1: 7:28pm On Mar 31
Energist:
Let him bear the brunt. He was the one who facilitated the loan he's currently complaining about. Elrufai booted Shehu Sani out to pave way for his crony Uba Sani who eventually pushed for the World Bank loan. The loan performance by Elrufai was quite remarkable as it's evident across the state. However his albatross was that the loan is fully dollarised. By the time the Naira was floated, it tripled in value. Mind you, the loan was dispensed at the then official rate of the CBN circa 400 Naira. And now the Naira is close to 1300. There lies the big problem.

Elrufai himself inherited about $200m from his predecessors. He couldn't pull big projects because of the paucity of funds. I believe that's what pushed him to get loans. In hindsight, I feel he should have got domestic loans may be worth 200b Naira.
Lest I forget, Elrufai raised the IGR of the state from 15b to 90b in 8 years.
In essence, Elrufai did fairly well in his steering of the state. Uba Sani so far has been woeful. His government is more about propaganda that real governance. It is said that he mostly stays at Abuja. Ask any KD resident, even traffic lights are not working. Potholes are emerging without being remedied. Let Uba restrategise and do the right things. If he feels like, he can prove the Elrufai administration. What matters to the residents is continuity of the good projects kickstarted by Elrufai.
But the midget former governor knows Uba Sani was incompetent yet put him there? Are you saying that no blames should go to him ( el rufai)?
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by sunnnnyuu(m): 11:26pm On Mar 31
nlfpmod:

https://leadership.ng/kaduna-gov-i-inherited-n85bn-587m-debts-we-cant-pay-salaries-now/
Sani don't start this blame games Nasir developed Kaduna during his regime and Kaduna is one of the State with less debt in the country, so if you want to fight with Nasir fight with him alone but don't try to steal Kaduna State money in the name of servicing debt.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by duro4chang(m): 8:00am On Apr 10
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin what is the difference between tinubu and gandollar
They are far better than obi
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by specialmati(m): 1:59pm On Apr 10
duro4chang:
They are far better than obi
grin grin grin grin grin grin in stealing abi bullion van and babariga right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With 36 State Governors / Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps / Herdsmen Killed My Husband For Complaining Cows Ate His Cassava - Ogun Farmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.