Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,963 members, 7,949,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 04:27 AM

Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu (11167 Views)

We Have Issued Preliminary Impact Assessment For Lagos-Calabar Expressway / EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots / Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by lexy2014: 8:18am On Apr 01
Tdotbluejays1:

Yes. Even longer.

Calgary ring road in Alberta Canada: Planning started in the 1970s. First phase completed in 2009. All construction, 5 phases in total, finally completed in 2024. It's only 101km. Gulped $4Billion.

This road Lagos to calabar is 700km. Luckily, Nigeria does not have environmental bottlenecks and lots of government red tapes.

this is the reason it took that long:

"The ring road was not intended to be built when these plans were being developed, and was viewed as something that would be needed in a 30-year time-frame at earliest."
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by chigogo2010(m): 8:27am On Apr 01
ValarDoharis:
You know nothing! Jon snow 😂

Buhari rigged Tinubu in using Mahmmud!
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by Yankee101: 8:39am On Apr 01
You’re wasting your time
No one will give him a second term
He’ll have to steal it again and bear the consequences
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by Tdotbluejays1: 8:43am On Apr 01
lexy2014:

this is the reason it took that long:

"The ring road was not intended to be built when these plans were being developed, and was viewed as something that would be needed in a 30-year time-frame at earliest."

First phase construction completed in 2009 and all remaining 4 phases finally completed by 2023. That's still 14 years and not counting how long from when construction started and ended on the 1st phase. Only 101km. That's about 1 hour drive in the absence of traffic.

While I wasn't part of this project, I have two friends and colleagues that were part of it.

If the lagos-calabar gets completed in 8 years, then that's a very big achievement. I have heard of Chinese workers working with incredible speed. Maybe they are bringing them in.

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by lexy2014: 8:48am On Apr 01
Tdotbluejays1:

First phase construction completed in 2009 and all remaining 4 phases finally completed by 2023. That's still 14 years and not counting how long from when construction started and ended on the 1st phase. Only 101km. That's about 1 hour drive in the absence of traffic.

While I wasn't part of this project, I have two friends and colleagues that were part of it.

I am glad you said it is in phases. Maybe you didnt understand the English. pls read again...

Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by Tdotbluejays1: 8:54am On Apr 01
lexy2014:

I am glad you said it is in phases. Maybe you didnt understand the English. pls read again...

I said in phases right from my original post. I will be damned if I dont understand English with my masters in engineering and experience in managing millions of dollars in budget of electrical distribution and transmission projects in Canada.

Even if you planned for 30 years, that still puts you in the year 2000 or early 2000 from 1970.

In addition, common sense in project management dictates that you would have a solid plan in place before construction starts in a waterfall project. Mr man, by 2009, the plans were already solidified. Let's even ignore phase 1 of the project. If construction started in 2009, it still took from 2009 - 2023 to complete remaining 4 phases. Road construction are not agile projects where you change your plans at will when construction is ongoing.

I don't know why you are getting worked up on completed project in which you are not a stakeholder.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by dododawa1: 8:59am On Apr 01
South West in progress

Working minister
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by lexy2014: 9:04am On Apr 01
Tdotbluejays1:

I said in phases right from my original post. I will be damned if I dont understand English with my masters in engineering and experience in managing millions of dollars in budget of electrical distribution and transmission projects in Canada.

Even if you planned for 30 years, that still puts you in the year 2000 or early 2000 from 1970.

In addition, common sense in project management dictates that you would have a solid plan in place before construction starts in a waterfall project. Mr man, by 2009, the plans were already solidified. Let's even ignore phase 1 of the project. If construction started in 2009, it still took from 2009 - 2023 to complete remaining 4 phases. I don't know why you are getting worked up on something in which you are not a stakeholder.

oga, your masters in whatever and all your grammar does not concern me. I didnt ask you for any of those.

what is the meaning of "at earliest"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by Tdotbluejays1: 9:05am On Apr 01
lexy2014:

oga, your masters in whatever and all your grammar does not concern me. I didnt ask you for any of those.

Sigh. Can't be wasting my time with a troll that has zero idea of capital projects and how it's managed.

4 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by Goodvibes007: 9:07am On Apr 01
Tdotbluejays1:

In addition, common sense in project management dictates that you would have a solid plan in place before construction starts in a waterfall project. Mr man, by 2009, the plans were already solidified. Let's even ignore phase 1 of the project. If construction started in 2009, it still took from 2009 - 2023 to complete remaining 4 phases. Road construction are not agile projects where you change your plans at will when construction is ongoing.

I don't know why you are getting worked up on completed project in which you are not a stakeholder.

👍
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by lexy2014: 9:07am On Apr 01
Tdotbluejays1:

Sigh. Can't be wasting my time with a troll that has zero idea of capital projects and how it's managed.

that is why I said you dont understand simple english.

Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by Goodvibes007: 9:08am On Apr 01
Tdotbluejays1:

Great. You were arguing with a clueless individual. He is one of the enemies of progress on Nairaland. Wait till he somehow links it to APC goverment and Tinubu 😂. That is his end goal.

6 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by Enugurangers: 9:16am On Apr 01
I trust engineer David Umahi. The construction of the road is in good hands.
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by Enugurangers: 9:18am On Apr 01
Tdotbluejays1:

Luckily, Nigeria does not have environmental bottlenecks and lots of government red tapes.
Construction has already started. Tinubu's government came in less than a year ago. I don't know how they were able to move at such great speed.
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by HugoBoss10(m): 9:23am On Apr 01
No wonder someone has earlier said that it's a white elephant project grin grin grin
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by Honestey: 9:45am On Apr 01
This project would benefit Igbos more than anyone just like Second Niger Bridge done by Buhari but Igbos hate these people with passion.
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by tfelicityk(m): 9:46am On Apr 01
Chai this minister of works don spoil some people mood with this Kai news...

Make opposition parties go form strong coalition party be that oooooo...

I dey wait atiku to do tour to the south east, south South and south west like the movement of PO.
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by twinskenny(m): 9:49am On Apr 01
Why can’t they make our road motorable first
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by muykem: 9:49am On Apr 01
Blaze14k:
Do you know these people have already started campaigning for 2027 election
Campaign kwa. There's no vacancy in Aso rock in 2027. Anyone interested in occupying the seat of presidency should prepare against 2031.
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by senatordave1(m): 10:03am On Apr 01
Ofunaofu:
It's now certain that another regime will finish this project

It's certain that tinubu will get a second term
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by Bluntemperor: 10:14am On Apr 01
Ofunaofu:
It's now certain that another regime will finish this project

When looking at your contributions is full of persimism,you never see anything good in Tinubu's govt,just because of election loss!
This is not elections Campaign!
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by lapintoz: 10:16am On Apr 01
I could not have said this better.

Even the house boy turned senior cabal member named Tunde under Buhari told BAT to his face that he must be made Chief of Staff to PBAT or no deal. And he proceeded to support Atiku wholeheartedly.....but they still lost......😁

naija4life247:

Regime of who?

Tinubu was outside government, yet we defeated you. That useless Buhari together with his kindergarten political dogs that form his kitchen cabinet teamed up to fight Tinubu. Godwin Emefielelele the cursed flat headed fool changed currency and also refused to pay petroleum marketers just to make the people vote against Tinubu's party. The headless mob launched multiple propaganda and lies yet, he humiliated you all. Is it now that he is the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed and Unarmed Forces that you want to pull a stunt? Una go cry tire
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by fabolouz1(m): 10:20am On Apr 01
President tinubu won't get another four years that's a certainty.
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by lapintoz: 10:20am On Apr 01
How would you know.....when you are based in one gully erosion village in umuaiya 😁

ValarDoharis:
Tinubu did zero major project in Lagos!
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by Front0lane: 10:21am On Apr 01
He will tell you once you disclose how much Alex Otti profit from the road he build in Abia

Freshtruth:
Tell us how much is your profit from this project? Do we look like we give a fuvk?
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by ugbarreta(m): 10:23am On Apr 01
Biodun556:

700 km road? I think it is not too much

ok
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by Ofunaofu: 10:52am On Apr 01
Bluntemperor:

When looking at your contributions is full of persimism,you never see anything good in Tinubu's govt,just because of election loss!
This is not elections Campaign!

Tinubu cannot be associated with optimism

He got absolutely nothing good to offer Nigerians
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by olatuns2017: 10:53am On Apr 01
Gistmedia10:
In a recent statement, Minister of Works, Dave Umahi, has unveiled ambitious plans for the completion of the 700-kilometer Lagos-Calabar Coastal Expressway. Under the administration of President Tinubu, Umahi projects that this crucial infrastructure endeavor will be finalized within a timeframe of "8 years."

The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Expressway, a monumental project aimed at enhancing connectivity and economic development across the nation, is set to become a vital artery linking regions from the bustling commercial hub of Lagos to the serene coastal landscapes of Calabar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXAE9uAprz0

4+4 =8 years
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by Ofunaofu: 10:53am On Apr 01
senatordave1:

It's certain that tinubu will get a second term

It's certain that Tinubu is the worst president Nigeria will ever have
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by onecansee: 12:00pm On Apr 01
ThìsGlobe.com pictures
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by Ezmans: 1:02pm On Apr 01
naija4life247:
Shey una hear?

The road will be completed in 8 years under Emilokan Asiwaju Tinubu. So you know that Tinubu is spending 8 years. The 2027 election is just a formality.

So you children of hate and anger should go and prepare to face Kashim Shettima the Kanuri Wonder Boy in 2031
in nigeria polithifians calendar 8 years means 80 years
Re: Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu by Bouncing2(m): 1:08pm On Apr 01
Naso e be..

Useless government.

Something the Chinese can easily build in 2 months time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Appoints Barikor, Amgbare As Heads Of NESREA, NDRBDA / APM Terminals Confirm Plans To Invest $500 Million In Port Upgrade / Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.