Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,636 members, 7,948,442 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 09:10 PM

I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members (4603 Views)

Easter: Our Tomorrow Shall Be Better, Ikpeazu Assures Abians / Ekweremadu To Leave PDP / Kwankwaso Threatens To Leave PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by Metrix147: 9:22am On Apr 05
The immediate past Governor of Abia State, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu has informed members of Abia State PDP caucus that he has no plan to leave the party but will rather stay with others to rebuild it, ABN TV reports.

Speaking during a well-attended caucus meeting held at the new party secretariat at Onyerubi Crescent, Ogurube Layout, Umuahia, Dr Ikpeazu, who called for unity of purpose among members of the party in the state to ensure that the party quickly returns to winning ways, stated that the exit of some of his former aides to other political parties remains their personal choice.

“We must all take individual responsibility for our performance in the 2023 elections even as our party is going through self-cleansing at the moment. I will remain in PDP and will never be found wanting in my responsibilities to our party and its rebuilding process.

"Those who want to leave will leave no matter what you do but loyalty is also about the realization that at some point this party has been good to you. It is now time for sacrifice, especially from those who previously benefitted from our party in one way or another as we must all join hands to reposition it,"
he said.

Earlier in his address, the state PDP Chairman, Rt Hon Asiforo Okere thanked members who have remained steadfast in supporting the party, especially after the 2023 elections, and reminded members that the party still maintains a majority at the state House of Assembly even when the election was conducted same day with Governorship election that the party lost.

He announced that the National Working Committee of the party has extended the tenures of elected ward executives by 3 months in acting capacity and the constitution of 3 committees to handle Peace and Reconciliation, Way Forward and Finance.

Also speaking, the Senator representing Abia Central, Col. Austin Akobundu, stated that while people were free to leave and join a political party, the PDP in Abia State is a movement that nobody can kill.

On his part, elder statesman and member of the PDP Board of Trustees, Chief Onyema Ugochukwu called for unity and stated that the time for blame game is over as there were no factions in the party, and that leaders and members have learned from the 2023 experience and must be ready to bounce back. According to him, “It is now time to reposition the party and ensure that young members find comfort and space to contribute to the party and leadership in the state."

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/i-have-no-plans-to-leave-pdp-ex-abia-gov-ikpeazu-assures-members/

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by Nice2023(m): 9:25am On Apr 05
Drunken master.

After Otti is done,no one would ever remember if there were other governors before him.

He would not only achieve but his achievements will emasculate all ur lootings.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by paramakina202: 9:28am On Apr 05
PDP Abia state chapter was never good to the people of Abia state.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by CountinBlessins(m): 9:36am On Apr 05
The question is, Who asked and Who cares?

Attention seeker! angry

10 Likes

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by MrJames007: 9:37am On Apr 05
You can die there for all I care. undecided

7 Likes

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by TheBillyonaire: 9:38am On Apr 05
Mr Kerosene

4 Likes

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by xexofe1741(m): 9:38am On Apr 05
Okay
Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by Skooltynz: 9:39am On Apr 05
Believe this people at your own peril politicians? They are the same allover their world

Meanwhile yabatech partime for is now out will close 15th of may hurry now,if interested contact us
Zero eight one two four zero six four three five three.
Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by Tjra: 9:39am On Apr 05
Nobody even remember this man again. Na waoh

2 Likes

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by Mozhac(m): 9:41am On Apr 05
The most yeye former governor of Abia State. If I see you for road eh pure water go land on your coconut head. All our money wey you chop you will pay for it soon. Look at how serious work is going on in Abia State but when you were there we didn't experience any significant change. Abia State was rotten and smelling, it was like glorified village. Nonsense and ingredients. See my amiable Excellency Alex Otti making the state look like where people are living.
Metrix147:

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/i-have-no-plans-to-leave-pdp-ex-abia-gov-ikpeazu-assures-members/

2 Likes

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by EBEk101(m): 9:41am On Apr 05
This kerosene sharer still get followers grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by DCmonster: 9:45am On Apr 05
God punish Ikpeazu, all Abia PDP members and the OP as well.
Never again will PDP Govern ABIA State.

6 Likes

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by Kelklein(m): 9:46am On Apr 05
PDP has been promising to punish all the people that sabotage the party during the last election..just like they promised those that sabotaged in 2015 until they admitted them back. it's like they would be doing same maybe after 2027 when nothing remains again.

None of the Nigerian Big parties are showing good examples for the young generation to follow.. it's almost like you have to be crooked and criminal to succeed in them..🤔🤔🤔

1 Like

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by ogolemati: 9:47am On Apr 05
grin grin grin grin grin grin over to aba people

2 Likes

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by YourKarma: 9:49am On Apr 05
Even the agbadorians are complaining

4 Likes

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by AbuTwins: 9:49am On Apr 05
SE no get good governors but hopes to give Nigeria a President!
Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by Antoeni(m): 9:50am On Apr 05
PDP is Dead, Killed By Small Wike, too Bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by Nice2023(m): 9:50am On Apr 05
To think that he is a PhD holder is even annoying. Just like one in Anambra...professor of confusion.

Mozhac:
The most yeye former governor of Abia State. If I see you for road eh pure water go land on your coconut head. All our money wey you chop you will pay for it soon. Look at how serious work is going on in Abia State but when you were there we didn't experience any significant change. Abia State was rotten and smelling, it was like glorified village. Nonsense and ingredients. See my amiable Excellency Alex Otti making the state look like where people are living.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by Praying4Nigeria: 9:51am On Apr 05
shocked See the Best Good News this Year that Nigerians are celebrating, the Comments gives me Hope in Nigeria and Humanity:
https://www.nairaland.com/8051995/nigeria-capable-producing-vaccines-preside#129278101
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by Godsonachebe: 9:51am On Apr 05
Lol
This man
All your guys have decamped to A.p.c
Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by Karemarealty288(m): 9:51am On Apr 05
With the rate of Otti's performance, next election pdp will die like candle light in Abia State.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by Nice2023(m): 9:52am On Apr 05
YourKarma:
Even the agbadorians are complaining

They voted for tribe,bigotry,stupidity and to crown it all,Muslim Muslim ticket.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by Cmanforall: 9:52am On Apr 05
Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by Ournolly: 9:52am On Apr 05
No one will ever accept a walking disaster like you.

As horrible as APC is, they won't look at your side.
Yeah, he is that bad!

1 Like

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by 4tomandchi: 9:53am On Apr 05
Utti don send this one go retirement

2 Likes

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by David0002(m): 10:05am On Apr 05
It is all over for pdp. PDP will never rule again in Abia state. What a demonic party.

2 Likes

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by clarocuzioo(m): 10:13am On Apr 05
kk
Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by ngwaIgbo223: 10:22am On Apr 05
Metrix147:

Sir your party is gone for good in Abia..even the angels can't change it.

We've already Left Egypt to Israel.

Bye bye darkness.

2 Likes

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by phemmie06(m): 10:31am On Apr 05
Trust the words of the politicians at your own peril
Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by InteliJ(f): 10:35am On Apr 05
Go and face your life

What were you doing before you became a governor? Go back to it

Only in Nigeria being a public servant is a life time career

2 Likes

Re: I Have No Plans To Leave PDP – Ex-Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Assures Members by bentenny(m): 10:35am On Apr 05
smiley
Even if you leave you will have no impact politically!
You did absolutely nothing in abia state despite the huge faac allocation given to abia state!
This should be a lesson to electorates at states doing off season election.....vote for any other party aside APC and PDP to ensure that the governor is condemned to perform!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? / FOCAC: Tinubu Lauds $280bn Economic Trade Partnership Between Africa And China / Fuel Sells At N350/per Litre In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.