Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,869 members, 7,879,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:26 AM

EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. (29077 Views)

Chidi Odinkalu And Governor El-Rufai In War Of Words / Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili / Chidi Odinkalu: 'El-Rufai Lied, He Cooked Up The Story Of 66 People Killed' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Jessez: 11:06pm On Apr 06
ebenholer2:
Odinkalu just seems to have a wrong perspective like most Nigerians. We classify some corruption and unconstitutional habits into high and low form. While the high ones are considered to be dealt with but the low ones should rather be discarded or permitted to continue, whereas the level we are not is prompted by previously discarded bad habits we all engage in.

Good tell them some people are cowards
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Jessez: 11:08pm On Apr 06
Johnjustice:
Some of these former heads of agencies are corrupt with no moral fiber. Partisan politics style is our problem, how can a former head of public parastatal sound so ignorant?

Is this troublesome man saying EFCC should not enforce the law, according to the constitution of the federal republic?

Bobrisky is publicly spraying money, how can EFCC not go after him, when he is out there, exposing

himself...if EFCC don't arrest who everyone sees breaking the law, then how will their reputation be?

This law was just put into effect this January 2024, this currency abuse law...the EFCC set up a squad for it February 2024...so all those people who abused naira in the past can not be prosecuted. They can be prosecuted if they break the law after the law was passed. It's a shame grown people are so ignorant. EFCC should charge him, in a volatile system like Nigeria, you need to put people in their place.

If you don't know, listen and learn or research before coming to public place to cause unnecessary confusion.

Tell them pls some
People are just foolish
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Jessez: 11:11pm On Apr 06
plaetton:

Thank you jare.

A clear displacement of priorities indeed.

The EFCC, from its own history, is a very corrupt organization. Its leaders lack the moral courage to pursue Its mandate: the arrest and prosecution of Nigeria's networks of economic criminals.

So in typical cowardly fashion, it goes after the lowest hanging fruits to entertain us and justify its existence.

You are so useless for saying things,,, what is the work of efcc,,, make your research before u post mumu
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Jessez: 11:12pm On Apr 06
Truvelisback:
Bandits displayed stolen funds online, EFFC turned a blind eye. Gumi, the terrorists ambassador, who keeps defending terrorists, EFFC didn't go after him. Na because him spray money, dem come dey treat as if him thief or commit murder.

Is that efcc job,,. Why are some youth so stupid thinking without sense
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Jessez: 11:14pm On Apr 06
adioolayi:

Thank you for this engagement.

Firstly, I personally do not see the arrest and prosecution of Bobrisky by the EFCC as a witch-hunt, because he was not the first celebrity to be prosecuted for Naira Abuse in recent years...the last before his,that I know of was that of a Nollyhood actress, "Simi Gold" ..prosecuted in February 2023 for same offence as that of Bobrisky.
Thank you for this you are highly educated
Back to your Triple E analysis, thank you for this, as I am coming across these for the very first time.

I am of the opinion that Naira Abuse has been a cancer in our society, and almost everyone is guilty..Spraying the Naira at parties tops this chart, it seems to be our culture and law enforcement agencies that will stop us from doing this will do loads of work.

Reorientation of a very large society like Nigeria will cost a lot of money.

Have you heard of Classical deterrence theory before?..It's just about how deterrence are being used to discourage crime.

For me, prosecution of a celebrity for a crime being committed by a very large society like Nigeria, can serve as a deterrence...making larger populace very conscious of the law and the crime.

I think the arrest and prosecution of a celebrity like Bobrisky is cost effective for EFCC, CBN and FGN sending subtle message to the larger society that Naira Abuse is a crime, punishable under the law.

Bobrisky's prosecution is a deterrence...All of your Es were ticked by this singular action of EFCC.
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by pretydiva(f): 3:49am On Apr 07
Jessez:

That’s why they want to use him as a good example,, bob is not the first person,,, keep quiet mumu
You must be a very stupid fellow
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Truvelisback(m): 9:47am On Apr 07
Jessez:

Is that efcc job,,. Why are some youth so stupid thinking without sense
Wise Oldman, what is their duty?
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Jessez: 10:49am On Apr 07
pretydiva:

Like you mumu,,, bob nah your partner I know
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by BadNews: 4:39am On Apr 22
Gift96:

King of Badnews grin

Lol
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Jessez: 5:46am On Apr 27
pretydiva:

Is your husband or boyfriend that is stupid person
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Jessez: 11:17am On Jun 09
pretydiva:

See this local one that doesn’t know what u are saying
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Jessez: 11:19am On Jun 09
pretydiva:

It’s you and your generation that wil keep quiet wawa
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Jessez: 11:20am On Jun 09
Truvelisback:
Wise Oldman, what is their duty?

Am I older than your father

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor El-rufia Enjoying Iftar / Shehu Sani's Fulani Attire As He Meets With Herdsmen In Kaduna (Photos) / Only My Wife And I Knew She Was Pregnant — Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.