Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,110 members, 7,890,692 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:24 PM

Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh (10711 Views)

Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University / Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / $3m Bribery Scandal: Ex-speaker Patricia Etteh Blows Hot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by snazzydawn(f): 5:42pm On Sep 21, 2007
chai, this is very embarassing and entertaining(de video). And we were looking for boxers in Algiers! I especially like how that one in agbada was pulled down from the table. This is soooo shameful!
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by folem: 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2007
How much was spent to renovate Aso Rock after OBJ?
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by anusule(m): 5:51pm On Sep 21, 2007
its even on youtube. kai, national embarassment! cry
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by guguru: 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2007
friends know this:--
Nigerian Lawmakers are Lawbreakers, simple.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by xstdreason(f): 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2007
shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by yinkkol(f): 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2007
Denex, why re u so bothered about her disrict?Anyway she is from one of the yoruba speaking states,a true daughter of the soil,so have a rethink about whether she has to go or not.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by denex: 6:17pm On Sep 21, 2007
It is not such a bad thing for Senators or Representatives to fight within the HALLOWED CHAMBER. Actually, it is kind of a good thing in a manner of saying, because it shows at least that some Representatives and Senators are really passionate about their stance on issues.

However, this kind of attitude is still disgraceful. I still suspect that one day, someone will bring a sharp object into the National Assembly complex and God knows what will happen.

Anyway, Etteh nko? My people of Ayedaade/Isokan/Irewole Federal Constituency of Osun state, please re-call your representative and replace her or declare that she is actually doing the job you sent her to do.

Change has begun. It is either you are for the for the good future of Nigeria, or you are with Adedibu.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by 2old4that(m): 6:24pm On Sep 21, 2007
Imagine kids watching over the tube as their dad engaged in free for all fight in the chambers.   shocked
well, this type of act shouldnt be condone in any form before it escalate to a point that they banned the use of cameras in national assembly inorder to enable them flex their prowess anyway.   grin

But come to think of it; do we have to fight, shout, yell before a point is made?     Why can't things be done in a civilised manner, for once?
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by esilove(m): 6:29pm On Sep 21, 2007
She is a disgrace to womanhood.

This incident will result to rejection of women into any top position in Nigerian politics.
She must go go go go go
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by denex: 6:30pm On Sep 21, 2007
It is not such a bad thing for Senators or Representatives to fight within the HALLOWED CHAMBER. Actually, it is kind of a good thing in a manner of saying, because it shows at least that some Representatives and Senators are really passionate about their stance on issues.

However, this kind of attitude is still disgraceful. I still suspect that one day, someone will bring a sharp object into the National Assembly complex and God knows what will happen.

Anyway, Etteh nko? My people of Ayedaade/Isokan/Irewole Federal Constituency of Osun state, please re-call your representative and replace her or declare that she is actually doing the job you sent her to do.

Change has begun. It is either you are for the for the good future of Nigeria, or you are with Adedibu.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by UNLEASHED(m): 6:39pm On Sep 21, 2007
No doubt she is a bloody thief. . . haba! Not a man this time around.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by snazzydawn(f): 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2007
mennnn, i love this video.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by obino4lurv(m): 7:09pm On Sep 21, 2007
Its just a big BLOW to our country's already rotting image.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Kobojunkie: 7:15pm On Sep 21, 2007
We all realize this is like the usual for that country's leaders, right ?? I mean I am sure something like this happens like every other month in Nigeria so this reaction of yours is amazing. You would almost think this is an UNUSUAL thing. Sad thing is it will continue if all we do is mouth off each time it happens without taking action,

Sad,

Kobojunkie
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by snazzydawn(f): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2007
well at least it is good for comic relief(the fight, that is) but mennnn, that woman is a disgrace. She has to go. All that money for just rennovation? Not even for a new building. How much was Aso rock built with?
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by pilas: 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2007
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by A40(m): 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2007
That woman na serious criminal. but i never knew our legislators could fight so good at least they are good at something.Royal rumble is child's play compared to what i saw yesterday
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by snazzydawn(f): 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2007
and we were looking for boxers in algiers!
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by niyyie(m): 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2007
angry angry angry

It was shameful watching the "honourable" representatives exchanging blows with reckless abandon.
I saw it all on CHANNELS TV.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2007
niyyie:

angry angry angry

It was shameful watching the "honourable" representatives exchanging blows with reckless abandon.
I saw it all on CHANNELS TV.

Why do you use the word HONOURABLE as if it is just something that anyone can have though?? Is that like a title for Representatives ?? , how does that work though

KoboJunkie
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by azorjiu(m): 9:56pm On Sep 21, 2007
Just saw this link.
The punches, na waoooooooo!
We are blessed with fighters in the house.

http://myvideos.africast.tv/category/Nigeria/0/5e6fd57d-8714-4eb0-8594-99b000e12280.htm
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by McOmo(m): 1:12am On Sep 22, 2007
I never knew Samuel Peter and Bash Ali were 'honorables' !
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by itoronkan(f): 2:17am On Sep 22, 2007
this is shear stupidity---- how come we are still talking about this etteh thing, What about resignation? Yardua better do something about this
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by McOmo(m): 3:10am On Sep 22, 2007
Etteh tell u say she be oyinbo woman ? if 4 say she be she 4 don resign, if she try resign naw even him family go prepare evostic jazz to make her stay !
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Ifeniyi22(m): 5:01am On Sep 22, 2007
Disgraceful
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by mendax: 11:35am On Sep 22, 2007
quite interestin, its a shame they were not fightin 4 somethin worthwhile; pls just read dis

son: daddy i saw u on tv 2nite
dad: of course u see me so many times on tv nowadays
son: no dad, i saw u fightin wit someone, infact i saw him slappin u!
dad: well, dat wasnt me
son: im sure it was u cos i cant stil da bruises on your face & u told us neva 2 fight
dad: look! u r stil 2 young 2 understand sometins but we were not fightin we were only tryin 2 make laws so u can have a better country. end of case
son: ooook!! now i understand
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by ghm: 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2007
@backnbeta and co. "who believe all legislative houses do brawl"

Please give us a break about brawls in legislative houses all over the world.

The issue here is the actual bone of contention for the brawlings. Other houses brawls over 'electoral reform bill', 'state budget' , 'peace agreement' etc and our own house is brawling over a case of corruption by only one member. TOO BAD.

The house missed an opportunity to demonstrate to Nigerians that  we can rely on them for a better Nigeria.

It's really disgusting.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by ph4life(m): 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2007
not just building renovation guys - 12 cars as well. wetin 1 person go carry 12 vehicles do, abi each 1 of her pets go get assigned vehicle and driver as well!! i tire for naija man. if we dey copy teacher, we need to copy am well or else do things entirely different for a change. there are too many projects that need urgent attention damn it.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Bomi(m): 12:56pm On Sep 22, 2007
"kudos to Dr.DORA NKEM AKUNYILI, Mrs MODUPE AKINBODE (rtd head of service oyo state) and many more beautiful women of that integrity, these are real ROLE MODELS not that thief patricia etteh.
during her campaign then,i quote her saying "what a man can do-a woman can do better" now she did it much more that those mens."

Well! Well!! well!!! Is it not when there are disagreement that you hear and smell this dirty linens! Akunyuli or no Akinyuli the problem continues. tongue
sadI hope in hiding behind "Rule of law" this malam in Aso rock will not take Nigeria 4 years backward the way is going about undoing the little obasanjo has achieve from the oil boom and the Isrealites journey of 8 years. embarassed

Whatever happen Obasanjo will be blame for all this. Just imagine this undecided

DSP Alams is now a super facilitator of Niger-Delta sad winning and dinning with all the so call leaders of most populus Afrioca country. Shame!!! angry angrySelf conffess looter of treasury, tongue Jail breaker etc How soon can Nigeria forget! Why must Nigeria be put to riddicle in commities of nations! When is Nigeria gouing to have Leaders, righteous one, ready to do the right thing! no crowd pleasers like Yaradua where all things go! Nigeria will not survive another Shagari pls. shocked
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by osereka(m): 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2007
YES
WHAT A MAN CAN STEAL,
WOE-UNTO-MAN CAN STEAL BETTER
undecided
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by jejelolatu(f): 1:39pm On Sep 22, 2007
osereka:

YES
WHAT A MAN CAN STEAL,
WOE-UNTO-MAN CAN STEAL BETTER
undecided

habaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

how much she theif seffffffffffffff shocked shocked shocked shocked

i strongly believe our reps werent fighting over the morality of her actions,nope,they were fighting over her revenue sharing formula.

the mistake she made was that she didnt give unto ceaser wat belongs to ceaser.

she is new in the game,i wonder if she didnt learn anything from OBJ during all their escapades,

if she had settled the agberos and area boys in the house,there wont have been fighting at alllllll grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by backnbeta(f): 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2007
ghm:

@backnbeta and co. "who believe all legislative houses do brawl"
Please give us a break about brawls in legislative houses all over the world.

Yes, legislative brawl is not just a Nigerian thingy and I will say that again. However, if you read my post very well,you'll notice that i'm not in support of their disgraceful conduct ,I only put the links to the brawls to convince I-man that it happens in many other coutries.

ghm:

The issue here is the actual bone of contention for the brawlings. Other houses brawls over 'electoral reform bill', 'state budget' , 'peace agreement' etc and our own house is brawling over a case of corruption by only one member. TOO BAD.

The end does not always justify the means. Even if others are fighting over electoral reforms and co, I still think fighting is not part of their legislative duties and it should be discouraged.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bakassi - Jonathan Says Country Committed To ICJ Ruling / Ibrahim Almustapha: Nigeria's Security Challenges Are Signs Of Greatness / PDP Is Getting Too Strong In Katsina And Jigawa - Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.