Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,763 members, 7,930,632 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:11 AM

How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area (31245 Views)

NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost / Sale Mamman: Cabal In Power Ministry Denying Nigerians Of Electricity / Magistrate Seen Using A Torch Due To The Lack Of Electricity During A Proceeding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by RenaissanceGuy: 3:17pm On Apr 08
CCIA:

how do you know which band one is placed on by the Power companies?
If you're on AEDC, use infocheck.abujaelectricity.com .
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by maasoap(m): 3:18pm On Apr 08
makkkay:
Jimeta Yola, Adamawa State. 20 units for 5000 Naira... Use to be 56 units for same amount.
NaijaCoverr:
Only 20 Units
funken:
20 units
bknight:
Yesterday I bought N10,000 worth and got 62 unitsundecided
It is terrible, there is no justification for this anywhere in the world! We slept in darkness overnight, no power supply till I left home today around 11am. And we're the customers classified as people using 20 hours of electricity per day.

1 Like

Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Jokerman(m): 3:18pm On Apr 08
makkkay:
Jimeta Yola, Adamawa State. 20 units for 5000 Naira... Use to be 56 units for same amount.

This is impossible... Na so Yola industrialise reach?
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by missionmex(m): 3:19pm On Apr 08
This band stuff is just stupidity from the government. The amount paid should not be different. If I buy #5000 worth of unit and you give me 100 if I am in band A it should simply mean that my unit will finish quicker than than the man in band B as I will enjoy a longer period of supply. I still repeat this banding thing is just share stupidity.[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Bfly: 3:20pm On Apr 08
The government ask for more from the people without no counter protest yet when the people ask for more they start enforcing law and order.
What a terrible country presently
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by BadMaster: 3:20pm On Apr 08
nedekid:
5k is 20 units only in my adugbo. Akowonjo.
That means you are placed on band A. If you are not getting minimum of 20hrs supply, you have to take it up with your DisCo. If they don't do anything about it, then report NERC
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by maasoap(m): 3:21pm On Apr 08
Jokerman:

This is impossible... Na so Yola industrialise reach?
I'm in Osogbo, how industrialised is Osogbo? 5k for 20 units. I have been charging my phone with generator for the past one month now

1 Like

Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by asobo1: 3:24pm On Apr 08
ImmaculateJOE:
74units
Same here 74.75 units
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by maasoap(m): 3:24pm On Apr 08
missionmex:
This band stuff is just stupidity from the government. The amount paid should not be different. If I buy #5000 worth of unit and you give me 100 if I am in band A it should simply mean that my unit will finish quicker than than the man in band B as I will enjoy a longer period of supply. I still repeat this banding thing is just share stupidity.

Thank you. The same thing I advocated. This bands grouping has rendered prepaid meters useless, it is like we're now on estimated billing, except that one can't still use electricity the way one wants like those who are not metered. And I paid roughly 115k for my prepaid meter last December, chai!

1 Like

Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by nedekid: 3:25pm On Apr 08
BadMaster:

That means you are placed on band A. If you are not getting minimum of 20hrs supply, you have to take it up with your DisCo. If they don't do anything about it, then report NERC
Yes thanks, I will have to monitor it big time.
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by maasoap(m): 3:26pm On Apr 08
CandidAdmin:

Oh, I get now.

But for me, na rich people dey do experiment with money.

If I dey area where dem dey buy units, I go need to first budget coz those small money na big one for some people for this hardship.

May God help us all.

I get your point. One wouldn't want to spend garri money on electricity units grin grin grin
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by asobo1: 3:30pm On Apr 08
maasoap:

I'm in Osogbo, how industrialised is Osogbo? 5k for 20 units. I have been charging my phone with generator for the past one month now
YEDC I think is still under federal government. Moreover, it distributes to Adamawa, Maiduguri and Niger. So there is a enough to go round
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by wunmi590(m): 3:34pm On Apr 08
Horpe64:
I think they're cheating us here in ogun state. If we recharge 5k, they remove as much as 3k and give us like 40 units, even though we pay like 20k regularly before getting the metre

Which part of Ogun state?

I used to get 66.68kwh for 5k in abeokuta, and I don't even know the band I'm, and I've not purchased token since the increament...
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Trippledots(m): 3:37pm On Apr 08
GenFunction:
ur own na band wagon

😂
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by predictor1: 3:38pm On Apr 08
Kingluqman:
Hope una dey get light there sha
Like 12 hours a day now. As at January it was about 16hrs daily.
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by hardknocksng(m): 3:44pm On Apr 08
CandidAdmin:

You dey do experiment with 3k?

I haven’t been paying attention 😂😂

I have about 700units .. just added this 3k to see
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Omoapena(m): 3:49pm On Apr 08
bknight:
Yesterday I bought N10,000 worth and got 62 unitsundecided

Are you being serious?
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Bluntemperor: 4:04pm On Apr 08
Makunahatata:
haha... really?
wahala!

That is why the Band - A,B,C,D,etc is a big Fraud,concerted by the Electricity Organisations like DISCOS-, GENCO,the National Electricity Regulation of Nigeria- are ALL Fraudulent,for what is Band A,B,C,D,etc?
For abroad,Light na Lights,so this is how they Cheat Nigerians because it can never work,but was designed,so that even Prepaid Meters - Will never see the light of the day!
The Power Minister - Adebayo,is only falling to the dubious Scheme of his Workers and Ministry,so that he has something to say!
• Why has those who owe DISCOS- heavy amounts - majority are govt institutions -have not been Metred by now? Corruption!
Very Shameful Indeed.

1 Like

Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Jokerman(m): 4:08pm On Apr 08
maasoap:

Haba bro

This is robbery naw

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by SporaD8: 4:19pm On Apr 08
BadMaster:

This is not true. On AEDC platform, those on band A feeders have been enjoying 24 hrs supply since the announcement of the new tariff regime. The downside is that, those on Band B and lower bands have not been getting the minimum hours of supply they're supposed to be getting.
Why concluded it's not true when AEDC is not supplying power across the country?
The complaint between me and the other guy has chiefly been with IKEDC so learn to hold your breath to cool your Tea!
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Nyanabo(m): 4:30pm On Apr 08
How do you know you band? Because we bought 5k they gave us 40units
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Father4all: 4:30pm On Apr 08
enemyofprogress:
what did I did to you now. I only helped to answer your question. Abeg no para for me because of frustration o. I no be Tinubu.
you shouldn't have answered oga. I no beg you for response
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Nyanabo(m): 4:31pm On Apr 08
RenaissanceGuy:
If you're on AEDC, use infocheck.abujaelectricity.com .

It's PHEDC
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by enemyofprogress: 4:32pm On Apr 08
Father4all:
you shouldn't have answered oga. I no beg you for response
ok sorry. No vex. Ask those that already have their bands. People like sunny ade, Ebenezer obey, femi Kuti, wasiu ayinde and co. They will tell you.
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by CandidAdmin(m): 4:36pm On Apr 08
hardknocksng:
I haven’t been paying attention I have about 700units .. just added this 3k to see
That's about 7k?
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by CandidAdmin(m): 4:37pm On Apr 08
maasoap:

I get your point. One wouldn't want to spend garri money on electricity units grin grin grin

Spot on!!!

1 Like

Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by staneless(m): 4:40pm On Apr 08
90kwh
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by hardknocksng(m): 4:51pm On Apr 08
CandidAdmin:

That's about 7k?

Yes,
I buy and load randomly at any given time …
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Izunwa(m): 4:52pm On Apr 08
124.5kwh EEDC
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Clazzone(m): 5:36pm On Apr 08
Exactly
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by dominique(f): 5:54pm On Apr 08
About 103 units. God will not let them see my area to join to band A.
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by mayama(m): 6:14pm On Apr 08
20 units and it used to be 59 units at at last week

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode Takes A Ride On New Boats For Water Transport / Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu / We Will Arrest Leadership Of Miyetti Allah If… — Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.