Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,543 members, 7,885,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:21 AM

Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? (15378 Views)

Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing / Ipad 2 Versus Samsung Galaxy Tab / Advantages Of Desktop Computers Versus Laptops? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 01, 2011
[size=18pt]#2. Analyzing Features between Galaxy Tab vs iPad
[/size]
So what gives these slates the power to run these amazing pictures? Well, in Apple’s case its the new Dual Core 1GHz Apple A5 processor, which has twice the power of its predecessor, amazing when opening up apps that are heavier on performance. The Samsung also uses dual-core 1GHz processor (Cortex-A9 processor, ULP GeForce GPU, Tegra 2 T20 chipset), with Apple openly admitting and acknowledged that Samsung makes the chips for its previous iPad, Samsung may have a trick or two up their sleeve in this department so come June.

The Apple machine runs iOS4.3 whereas the Samsung runs the new version of Android 3.1, also referred to as Honeycomb. Although android 3.1 is excellent for multitasking, critics have pointed out it’s not as intuitive as the iOS4.3 interface that the iPad 2 uses. But Honeycomb also allows for Adobe Flash and unfortunately the Apple doesn’t which will cause irks in many gadget geeks.

1 Like

Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2011
[size=18pt]#3. Memory and Battery Life between Galaxy Tab vs iPad
[/size]
Memory wise the Apple iPad comes in 16/32/64 GB versions and the Galaxy also comes in 16/32/64 GB offerings with 1 GB RAM. However Galaxy Tab can be upgraded by micro SD by up to 32GB which offers certain flexibility something that the Apple iPad 2 doesn’t have.

Battery life in the new Galaxy is awesome whose Video Playback capacity is upto 9hrs while Audio is over 70 hrs., although the Honeycomb operating system is said to prolong life and we know the Motorola Xoom which runs the same system has around 10 hours which is a similar time to the new iPad, so we can only make assumptions it will be similar at this stage.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 01, 2011
[size=18pt]#4. Camera and Connectivity Fight Between Galaxy Tab vs iPad
[/size]

However, we do know that the new Galaxy will have a 3MP rear facing camera and a 2MP front-facing camera – currently leaving it as king of the cameras. It’s suspected such specifications will include 720p capture for the Samsung slate. Apple has included a front facing VGA with its new iPad version and a rear camera that captures 720p. The Samsung is a clear winner here.

Connectivity wise neither machine is amazing; the Apple has the usual lack of USB ports that have hindered its predecessor and the Galaxy is not set to have a HDMI cable leading one to question how such decisions are made in this day and age.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 01, 2011
[size=18pt]Conclusion of War Between Galaxy Tab vs iPad
[/size]
Overall the Samsung Galaxy looks like it could be a very strong contender to the king of the tablets.
It’s original was a threat but this one looks like it could possibly go the whole way and with Samsung looking to compete directly on price with the iPad they may feel exactly the same way.
Galaxy Tab is one of the best Wizard with almost everything loaded in it. I don’t hesitate to say that Galaxy tab is the best tablet when compared to Apple iPad.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by ogasir2011: 7:21pm On Dec 01, 2011
For Ipad lovers and Users, its good u have it. But it does not meet my need I bit. The playbook is 120% perfect for me.

Nairalanders, don't buy tabs becos pple have bought them, identify you needs and go for the one that suits u.

Any review done here is primarily the view of the user of the tab.

So don't buy a device and regret.

Go on google type: ipad vs galaxy tab vs playbook vs zoom vs kindle fire.

You will get website the will compare this devices side by side.

Which ever suits u buy it.

Over and out!!!
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by biolabee(m): 7:21pm On Dec 01, 2011
nice analysis II but as per dough no dey, wetin man go do grin
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 01, 2011

Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 01, 2011
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2011
wow!

Omo ilu mi,

You went all the way.

Oke agbona e gbe wa o! wink
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2011
kokoye:

wow!

Omo ilu mi,

You went all the way.

Oke agbona e gbe wa o!  wink

LOL na, I got them from the internet.

I've been following this Samsung vs Apples law suits for a while now.

They both need to know that they're copying each other.

After the ban on Samsung was lifted, more samsung products began looking like Apples. Now Samsung is dragging Apples to court for copying some of their products too (i.e power cord/ adapter)

LOL.

On the topic, I'd go for Galaxy. I'm getting bored of this Apples products which are always the same, just in different sizes and diff names. And Samsung comes with Andorid/ Android applications.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by na2day(m): 7:58pm On Dec 01, 2011
iPad 2 and Samsung tab are both good!
But right now, the best in my own opinion is my HP touchpad riding both webOS and android gingerbread, while ics is on the way.
O YEAH!
But on a serious note, Sammy all the way!
grin grin grin
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by jason2010(m): 8:00pm On Dec 01, 2011
Folks, is there a sim slot on the Samsung Galaxy like some of the IPADS?
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by na2day(m): 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2011
jason2010:

For where?
Sammy is WiFi only no 3g grin
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by denzel2009: 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
People are forgetting the Ipad and all tablets boss Asus Transformer, with expandable memory and docking station plus 14hr battery life.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by na2day(m): 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2011
denzel na wa o grin
you just raised my b.p by mention Asus transformer prime, chai grin
December 18 is too long to wait for d monster naa grin
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

LOL na, I got them from the internet.

On the topic, I'd go for Galaxy. I'm getting bored of this Apples products which are always the same, just in different sizes and diff names. And Samsung comes with Andorid/ Android applications.

Of course I know you got them from the Web . . .when youre not getting paid for it wink

I'm an Android lover myself, although I own both of them.

I can also claim some level of knowledge of these OS version because I met with the designers several times. I also tested and developed technical documentations for all three OS versions.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2011
jason2010:

na2day!:

For where?
Sammy is WiFi only no 3g grin

Wrong answer.

There are Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G versions of all these tablets.

I'm posting this comment from a 4G Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Verizon Wireless)
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by egift(m): 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2011
Oya select one for your Xmas grin

Samsung Galaxy

Ipad

Motorola-Xoom
[img]http://dgadget-technology.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Motorola-Xoom2.jpg[/img]
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Lekel(m): 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2011
Interesting,

anyone with a good idea what they each cost?
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2011
^^^^

Depends on the specifications

www.apple.com

www.samsung.com
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by jimctu: 8:56pm On Dec 01, 2011
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by na2day(m): 9:02pm On Dec 01, 2011
kokoye:

Wrong answer.

There are Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G versions of all these tablets.

I'm posting this comment from a 4G Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Verizon Wireless)
wtf
The last i checked, it was only galaxy 7 tab that had 3g,
Anyway i'm not suprised with the way sammy is churning out them tablets
in different sizes  shocked
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by denzel2009: 9:06pm On Dec 01, 2011
na2day!:

denzel na wa o grin
you just raised my b.p by mention Asus transformer prime, chai grin
December 18 is too long to wait for d monster naa grin

Man, I'm tempted to switch to Asus Prime, but this transformer is still doing me good for now. You can pre order na cheesy
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by cinzo: 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2011
This post is gone.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by karonwiAA: 9:17pm On Dec 01, 2011
i preffered ipad
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by texazzpete(m): 9:26pm On Dec 01, 2011
Both devices have their pros and cons. However, i'll go with the iPad 2 over the Galaxy Tab. Much more apps are available for the iPad than on HoneyComb. Also, the iPad 2 has a far more powerful GPU so games can look more detailed on the iPad 2 than on the Tegra 2 powered Galaxy Tab 10.1

Flash support isn't that big a deal these days.

ogasir2011:

The Playbook, uses the same subscription with your blackberry phone- using the bridge facility. and browsing is fast, showing u complete web pages. the playbook is multitasking- u call run all application simultaneously, still maintaining its fast processing speed

For Existing BB users: Blackberry Playbook is the BOMB

Bridge is slow, the so-called 'true multitasking' is overrated and there are very few decent apps on the Blackberry Playbook.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 01, 2011
texazzpete:

Both devices have their pros and cons. However, i'll go with the iPad 2 over the Galaxy Tab. Much more apps are available for the iPad than on HoneyComb. Also, the iPad 2 has a far more powerful GPU so games can look more detailed on the iPad 2 than on the Tegra 2 powered Galaxy Tab 10.1

Flash support isn't that big a deal these days.

Bridge is slow, the so-called 'true multitasking' is overrated and there are very few decent apps on the Blackberry Playbook.
is it a cons of ipad that i cant chat with online friends on facebook ? I asked someone and he said ipad doesnt have flashplayer which is why it doesnt support live fb chat ? How true is this bros ?
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 9:55pm On Dec 01, 2011
Anyone who says flash is not a big deal is definately an iPAD lover.

Now tell me how you can watch espn3.com live events on a mahcine without flash.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by denzel2009: 10:02pm On Dec 01, 2011
HDMI and usb ports should I continue?
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by ogasir2011: 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2011
Ipad is just overrated. It is so so limited. As some one said: all apple products are virtually the same, they just come in diffrent sizes and names.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by daviesmania(m): 10:22pm On Dec 01, 2011
I heard samsung inc. is into some copy-cat runs, so i wil go 4 originality any day. Meaning ipad seems beta.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

More Cores Or More RAM, Which Is More Important? / Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? / 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.