Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,314 members, 7,929,002 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 07:26 AM

The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) - Properties (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) (144481 Views)

Making & Finishing Of Interior Painting/design / The Finishing Of A 6 Bedrooms Duplex At Enelka In Portharcourt / Detail Finishing Of Built Home In Abuja With Pictures Including Our Showroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by vitodorado: 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2012
@austino. Spot on bro with your comments. i thought of this also when i read am alone listing out what gadgets he's planning to put in his house and i said to myself that its either he's a security officer or he's going to have lions guarding his house, lol. That's on the lighter mood anyways. Am alone, good to see that you appreciate the comment from austino and i would want to join to appeal to you to keep it real and possibly limit yourself to possiblysharing your cost update and the finishing and also restricting certain part of your finishing efforts from the public eyes.

You might not know but i've followed your comments right from Feb 17th last yr when Spyder started his post on his house and i mustn say that i took away a lot of learnings from your post which also inspired him in my design and how i've monitored and tracked the pricing of my labour and materials.

More grease to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by eros(m): 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2012
austino01:

Hi, Mr am alone its is my great pleasure contributing to this powerful thread of your and i see that you have improve and done alot of wonderful job on your site am not here to critize you or anybody but rather i see myself as someone God is using to get a message across to you. For the shake of your safety and security you will have to stop publishing to the world what you gonna have in your interior their is nothing wrong with you sharing the exterior part of the building to the world but not what you going to put inside some people are out here not just for knowledge but to STEAL,KILL AND DESTROY olorun koni jeki o fi owo ara re para e o. amen. More also you know the type of country you live in so becareful by giving people demanding for the phone number of people that are working for you like tiler, painter, bricklayer, capenter and so on those people are the most easiest means that bad people can get to you, remember every man has gat a price if they bribe them they will tell them all about you where you live and where is your current site. If anyone need a tiler,capenter and so on let them seek different source. have been following your thread right from when you bought your land and spider and when you seperate from spider thread up to this moment, you see i never said anything but at this point i need to correct this mistate may God gives you the ability to finish the house and live long in it.

I am in complete support of what Austin has said above. Nigeria is a very dangerous and wicked country, where your neighbors always wish the worst for you and yours. The purpose of the original thread Spyder880 set up was to know the cost of building a 4 bedroom bungalow in Enugu and I believe alot of folks who are really interested in knowing how much to budget when embarking on such a project already know the estimate.

Am Alone, you should simply state how much it cost you to build your house to the roofing level. Anything concerning the interior should be personal and kept a secret. There might be stalkers and haters out there who might want to do you harm. So limit the information you provide on a public forum like this, you have done more than enough already.

Godspeed.

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 11:28am On Jan 07, 2012
The whole thing neva occured to me
but thanks guys!!!

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by princeonx: 12:12pm On Jan 07, 2012
austino01:

Hi, Mr am alone its is my great pleasure contributing to this powerful thread of your and i see that you have improve and done alot of wonderful job on your site am not here to critize you or anybody but rather i see myself as someone God is using to get a message across to you. For the shake of your safety and security you will have to stop publishing to the world what you gonna have in your interior their is nothing wrong with you sharing the exterior part of the building to the world but not what you going to put inside some people are out here not just for knowledge but to STEAL,KILL AND DESTROY olorun koni jeki o fi owo ara re para e o. amen. More also you know the type of country you live in so becareful by giving people demanding for the phone number of people that are working for you like tiler, painter, bricklayer, capenter and so on those people are the most easiest means that bad people can get to you, remember every man has gat a price if they bribe them they will tell them all about you where you live and where is your current site. If anyone need a tiler,capenter and so on let them seek different source. have been following your thread right from when you bought your land and spider and when you seperate from spider thread up to this moment, you see i never said anything but at this point i need to correct this mistate may God gives you the ability to finish the house and live long in it.

The main purpose of this thread is to learn, advise, and share idea and man austino you nailed it! You just pointed out something that all of us overlooked or never thought of and trust me, its not only Am-alone that just learned from your above post but most if not all of us. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by steo: 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2012
I completely agree with austino’s comment, and it applies to all of us. We should put a limit to what the world can see in our building. The world/Nigeria is full of wickedness - where favour, kindness can sometimes hurt you.

All these building threads are greatly serving their purposes without appliances/electronics information. I have been able to negotiate better based on the prices I have seen here, and now have a good knowledge of building processes.

Lets keep it basic!!

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by opiscopy(m): 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2012
Am alone, am still awaiting the floor plan pls
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by tlops(m): 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2012
interesting observation!
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by NextHome(m): 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2012
@Am_Alone, Well Done! Your timely attention to your builder's concerns and details during the construction phase is reflective in the quality of the completed work.

I'm in full support of the point raised.

Ara l'amo, a o mo inu
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Fhemmmy: 7:34pm On Jan 07, 2012
Reporting for class to understand more
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by caseymoney(m): 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2012
Am Alone, take note of the advise above. I never expected you to disclose your interior beyond the tiling. I could recall what they did to me at the time I was building my house. We had the burglary and door fixed but somebody went in overnight and stole the generator without breaking doors. So, be mindful of what you post online. The web is like a real world. Some people like Me, Fhemmmy and the likes are here to learn while some are here to kill and steal from others. A word is enough for the wise. Don't give out your artisan's number, because those guys may screw you up.

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by atasteve: 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2012
Because of your love for us all by sacrificing ur building details so that we can learn; God will protect. All details that anybody might want to use against u shall not prosper in their hands, amen. Meanwhile please just take the warnings as tokens

of love from those that admire the great work u are doing on this forum. God bless Oga Am Alone, Oluwa Champion anyday and at anytime.

Some updates will not be too bad wink smiley
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by TBrownAuto(m): 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2012
Thay why am sick of this country evil thoguht, bad belle people, poverty has ruined this nation wrong orientation.

well I just need to start reading other post as well, sorry will not upload any pics I can only sahre information on price.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Jarus(m): 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2012
Sorry, just seeing this.
1, How much did that fence alone cost you?
2, How much did you roof the house(carpentary plus aluminium)?
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by atasteve: 11:34pm On Jan 11, 2012
Na wa for our government o.

May God soften the hearts of our government to listen to the voice of reasoning.

This issue has slowed down constructions, I guess.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by dasparrow: 3:44am On Jan 12, 2012
austino01:

God bless you austino01. I had to come back a couple of threads and read what amalone was listing. I thought to myself, Lord have mercy. In a country like Nigeria with so many bad belles, this is not a good idea.

Oga Am alone, oga austino01 is right. God bless you for all you have done so far but be careful how you share detailed info of the interior of your home. Too much "crabs in a barrell" mindset in Nigeria and around the world. You have a beautiful house. More grease to your elbows sir.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by oyin12345(m): 5:24pm On Jan 12, 2012
sir,thanks for this lovely project .how many bedroom.i will love to replicate structure.pls inbox
me the building plans with the fence.am lone
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by oyin12345(m): 5:38pm On Jan 12, 2012
my e-mail is kunmi_2000@yahoo.com for the plans structure. thanks
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by sixtus4: 9:16pm On Jan 12, 2012
Am a lone you have done a great job,please i want to the details of the fake roofing sheet you used.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by jerryben12: 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2012
austino01:

Hi, Mr am alone its is my great pleasure contributing to this powerful thread of your and i see that you have improve and done alot of wonderful job on your site am not here to critize you or anybody but rather i see myself as someone God is using to get a message across to you. For the shake of your safety and security you will have to stop publishing to the world what you gonna have in your interior their is nothing wrong with you sharing the exterior part of the building to the world but not what you going to put inside some people are out here not just for knowledge but to STEAL,KILL AND DESTROY olorun koni jeki o fi owo ara re para e o. amen. More also you know the type of country you live in so becareful by giving people demanding for the phone number of people that are working for you like tiler, painter, bricklayer, capenter and so on those people are the most easiest means that bad people can get to you, remember every man has gat a price if they bribe them they will tell them all about you where you live and where is your current site. If anyone need a tiler,capenter and so on let them seek different source. have been following your thread right from when you bought your land and  spider and when you seperate from spider thread up to this moment, you see i never said anything but at this point i need to correct this mistate may God gives you the ability to finish the house and live long in it.

That theif or evil someone will stumble and fall. Am Alone is sharing with a good heart and all of our well wishes will remain with him.
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by oyin12345(m): 9:33pm On Jan 12, 2012
mr am alone,kindly  inbox me ur building plans with fence,i want to replicate structure on my plot .my e-mail kunmi_2000@yahoo.com thank u sir.i love ur house
structure
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by oyin12345(m): 11:10pm On Jan 14, 2012
mr am alone, kindly give the name of architecture come up with ur house plan sir.kunmi@yahoo.com thanks
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by drills: 9:21am On Jan 15, 2012
This guy have officially closed am alone post with his comment. Well I did learnt a lot from this post
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by princeonx: 7:51pm On Jan 15, 2012
^^
with the way people are stressing him right from the begining with floor plan, tiller, fence, cost of windows, doors, toiletries, roofing, just name it is enough to put him off. It make me wonder if good workers are really that hard to find for someone in Enugu to be asking for a welder or plumber all the way in Ikorodu.

2 Likes

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 9:53am On Jan 16, 2012
prince_onx:

^^
with the way people are stressing him right from the begining with floor plan, tiller, fence, cost of windows, doors, toiletries, roofing, just name it is enough to put him off. It make me wonder if good workers are really that hard to find for someone in Enugu to be asking for a welder or plumber all the way in Ikorodu.

OMG!!! I Can't Stop Laffin @WhAT You Posted Up There. . . . . .
ROTF&LMFAO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by vitodorado: 9:55am On Jan 16, 2012
@Prince.   It beats my imagination also. Honestly am beginning to feel that a lot of people making these requests from Am Alone are neither building a house or have plans to do so soon. If not, i do not think the labour Am Alone has engaged so far in his house devt are the best in Lagos. Like you have emphasized, why should a man in Enugu be looking for a labour in Lagos when he  can scout around well and get a better one and even cheaper.

Unfortunate as this might  sound, i think Am Alone has caused so much exposure and bad belle for himself from his comments, reactions and ego tripping in Spyder's thread. But  be that as it may, i do not subscribe to people now taking advantage of that to expose him the more.

2 Likes

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 10:09am On Jan 16, 2012
THosE asking for the price should check their mails.

But for workmen informations, I don't think I can share that any more I'm sorry!!!!!!!

But guys, my advice to get a good workman is;

* Don't just give you work to anybody that says he can do it. What you need do is to see for yourself
a sample of their work. If it is okay by you, you can then go for the. But if it is not okay, you can let him/her go.
If it is almost perfect, you can tell him/her the aspects of his work you don't like and you guys can strike a deal.

** Don't give out your work base on sentiments; Like my friends brother can do it, or my neighbor does it too.
This people make end up charging you more and make not give you want you want. And if they fu.c. k you up,
you can't take it far because there is a limit to the thing a good friend can do to his friend brother or so. . . .

*** Also make sure people that work for you are referred by other people. Like you friends tiler or neighbor plumber(so long as he
has got a good record and can do it well)

BUT ABOVE ALL, OLUWA REMAINS CHAMPION 4SURE

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by deliceshop(m): 10:28am On Jan 16, 2012
@ AM ALONE

You have done a wonderful job and i praise God for you

your house is it a duplex or a bungalow?

I must tell you that the finishing is wondeful

the 17.2M Does it Include the cost of land and C of O

looking forward to hear from you

Good Job
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 3:05pm On Jan 16, 2012
deliceshop:

@ AM ALONE

Good Job

I don't remember saying in any of my post 17.2M
I only said 12 to 13m to finish everything. And that is because
I am using some high quality eletronics.

To the stage it is so far excluding furniture is 9 to 10m
that is including the toilet accessories and wadrobe and kitchen and electrical appliances.

Peace

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by mahabone(m): 3:11pm On Jan 16, 2012
4sho, i was surprised when i saw that amount.

1 Like

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by princeonx: 4:42pm On Jan 16, 2012
Am Alone:

OMG!!! I Can't Stop Laffin @WhAT You Posted Up There. . . . . .
ROTF&LMFAO
But thats the truth my guy! You break/update your cost here always and five minutes later someone from nowhere will come up with what is the cost of your windows? won't it be nice to read some previous post? its like a student asking questions treated in page 2 while the rest of the class are on page 15 of the handout.

deliceshop:

@ AM ALONE

Good Job
This post is funny! very funny!!
Bros, did you actually saw the finishing of that house for real? How come you saw the wonderful finishing but didn't see it was a bungalow? not picking on you but your post was funny!

2 Likes

Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by AmAlone: 5:14pm On Jan 16, 2012
Maybe he can't tell the difference between bungalow and duplex.
That's what I think.

Word Up man^&^^^
Re: The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) by Fhemmmy: 5:51pm On Jan 17, 2012
Still learning on this thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution / How Much Is Roofing Sheets In Nigeria? / POP DESIGN & TV WALL INSTALLATION

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.