Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,457 members, 7,846,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:51 AM

Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon (18421 Views)

Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt / Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon / Profile Of Tunde Onakoya, Chess In Slums Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by ChisomNkwocha1(m): 11:35am On Apr 20
Richietech:

1, he didn’t loose any game ,that’s why he broke the record .
2,he is not a 30k monthly recipient like you,so he did what he loved and no be for Nigeria,he did it in the USA.
3, he was fundraising for African kids ,he no Dey clout chase and the guy get bar
daalu
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Gandrova: 11:49am On Apr 20
englishmart:
Useless record.
Be happy with others achievement, so that Almighty God will manifest yours
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by 99thEnemy(m): 12:42pm On Apr 20
Shobizz:
Can I play chess for 5 hours without losing.
I need to grind more. I hope to become FM, IM GM.

Field Master
International Master
Grand Master
Novice grin
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Vecta5: 12:43pm On Apr 20
Olachase:
The guy man don try congratulations to him 🎉🎉

Let him come and test his might here in China the home of the chess

On Facebook, I commented that even though I am totally in support of what he is doing, I know so e crazy players did not come out.

Someone like Magnus Carlson was not played. Him for lose there
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Shobizz(m): 1:22pm On Apr 20
99thEnemy:

Novice grin
Sorry pro.
Go check out Grand master losing to fellow grand Master. This is world competition currently on going
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by SmartyPants(m): 1:42pm On Apr 20
AkpaMgbor:

That can’t be the condition…a Us national master couldn’t beat him even once in a 50 hours?? I’m sorry that’s not possible.

Do you know that you can google this instead of this unnecessary argument?
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Whois(m): 1:46pm On Apr 20
They become popular for their Good cause. Some become ambassador to brands, some get endorsements etc. Fake old man, What have you achieved in all your years creating topics and repling mentions here.

helinues:

Oya clap for yourself, you just won the award of the most Abusive NL.

Hurray
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:59pm On Apr 20
SmartyPants:

Do you know that you can google this instead of this unnecessary argument?
If you play chess on a competitive level you’d know that becoming a National master in the USA is no mean feat. They are on average stronger than our top players in naija..and Tiunde isn’t even in the top echelon of Nigerian chess in terms of playing strength..in a nutshell, that Hispanic opponent of his isn’t a titled national master.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by SmartyPants(m): 3:06pm On Apr 20
AkpaMgbor:

If you play chess on a competitive level you’d know that becoming a National master in the USA is no mean feat. They are on average stronger than our top players in naija..and Tiunde isn’t even in the top echelon of Nigerian chess in terms of playing strength..in a nutshell, that Hispanic opponent of his isn’t a titled national master.

What do you mean by titled naitonal chess master? Martinez is a National chess master in the US. This is a fact - what is the argument for?
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Kingson28: 3:39pm On Apr 20
[quote author=helinues post=129533730]How many games he won, how many lose?

All this trying to break Guinness world record of whatever is brain draining. The energy spent on just such period of time would affect so many other things.

Those who have been breaking whatever records since, what have they achieved after then?

Chairman, International Association Of Pessimists.
Well done.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Johncuppa(m): 3:40pm On Apr 20
Shobizz:

It was stated that playing for 58hrs without recording any lost. Kindly do more research, I may be wrong
All of those are captions and it's cos he has not lost. But not stated for GWR.
If he had lost, it won't have effect on the record. Or less you want to show me where this is stated for GWR that he's not going to loss any game.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by 99thEnemy(m): 3:41pm On Apr 20
Shobizz:

Sorry pro.
Go check out Grand master losing to fellow grand Master. This is world competition currently on going
I just d poke you.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Johncuppa(m): 3:43pm On Apr 20
TrennixGLOBAL:

Sir, he never lost any game or it wouldn't be a record.

The internet is there to search and confirm by yourself.
It is not stated for GWR.
It's just captions you're reading and it's because he has not lost.
If he had lost, it won't affect the record anyhow.

He played primarily with a record holder and a master like himself. He could have lost.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Laird(m): 4:04pm On Apr 20
Nigerians are not manufacturing power or energy or creating ai or drugs or machinery

It is always entertainment
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by thaoriginator: 4:05pm On Apr 20
Shobizz:

Am self learner, I don't really know more about the tips and tricks. Have been Checkmate times without number with less than 10 move. I discover the more I play, the more I improve.
Sure clear, practice makes perfect 🤠
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by AkpaMgbor(m): 4:17pm On Apr 20
SmartyPants:

What do you mean by titled naitonal chess master? Martinez is a National chess master in the US. This is a fact - what is the argument for?
Sigh*….i will indulge you. What is his full name so I can search for it on the FIDE website?
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by SmartyPants(m): 4:26pm On Apr 20
AkpaMgbor:

Sigh*….i will indulge you. What is his full name so I can search for it on the FIDE website?

You can't search for his full name on google? Indulge common sense first my good man. Cheers.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by AkpaMgbor(m): 4:53pm On Apr 20
SmartyPants:

You can't search for his full name on google? Indulge common sense first my good man. Cheers.
Shawn is not a national master..this is the chess federation ranking site…dapo adu a veteran of Nigerian chess is an officially ranked international master.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by AkpaMgbor(m): 4:58pm On Apr 20
This is another example. Bomo is officially recognized by fide as a fide master and has represented Nigeria in chess Olympiads. He led the bayelsa team that won gold in the national sports festival 2022 which I participated in.

Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by SmartyPants(m): 5:10pm On Apr 20
AkpaMgbor:

Shawn is not a national master..this is the chess federation ranking site…dapo adu a veteran of Nigerian chess is an officially ranked international master.

Alright.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by crusufixo(m): 8:48pm On Apr 20
Congrats to him....however, just wait for a while...you would soon seen other Nigerias now coming out to also do their own Guinness record on chess...
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by julioralph(m): 3:37pm On Apr 21
Congratulations bro.

Playing several chess opponents in a row can be quite intense.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Konquest: 2:56am On Apr 27
DrMB:
Congratulations to Tunde Onakoya, for breaking the Guinness World Record for the longest Chess marathon in the heart of Times Square!
It is an incredible feat of mental stamina and focus. Not only did he break the record, but he did it for a great cause - raising awareness and funds for children's education in Africa. His achievement is truly inspiring.

Did you hear how many hours he played in total?
Truly impressive... 60 hours of playing the royal game of chess.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Senators Call For Pressure on Fifa To Strip Russia Of Worldcup 2018 / Morocco Banned From 2017, 2019 AFCON, Fined $1million / Jay Jay Okocha - The World's Greatest Football Wizard (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.