Stats: 3,190,366 members, 7,940,407 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 03:55 AM

How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! (34284 Views)

Lady Arrested For Fake Alert After Buying Drinks Of ₦420,000 At A Nightclub / Enugu Big Boy Caught After Buying A Phone Worth N200k With Fake Alert (Video) / Fake Alert Scammer Caught And Disgraced By Angry Youths In Delta State (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Originalsly: 1:07pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:

You were not wise and that wise couple have run you street, its a normal thing where i live mugu must always fall for guyman to chop.

Hmmm ..... the victim wasn't wise .... the robbers were. Always be mindful of what you say ... believe it or not ... careless words have a way of coming back to haunt you. I would not be one bit surprised if you or someone close to you get seriously mugged and injured or be victim of a major con. Life has a way.

@ topic .... such things do not go unpunished .... don't be seeking revenge ....one day they will be caught .... by the merciless.

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Christlike01: 1:08pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:
You were not wise and that wise couple have run you street, its a normal thing where i live mugu must always fall for guyman to chop.
Right now that wise couple will be enjoying the stuffs they bought from your shop while toasting with a cool bottle of wine and celebrating. Take your L peacefully.

You're a criminal! Trust me,Nigeria will soon become totally unhabitable for evil-minded criminals like you lots from that tiny erosion-ravaged land of primitive hinterland bushmen!

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by imagrg(m): 1:08pm On Apr 21
Have some young Nigerians fallen so low?

Girls dey do Yahoo too?
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by MaziObinnaokija: 1:08pm On Apr 21
sad pity sad! Hand go soon touch them elsewhere/them go scam person wey go lynch
them.Take it as a lesson and move on.It is well with u
Thankgodiyke:
I used to hear of scam through fake alert I have never experienced it before until three days ago when this young looking couple came to my wife's shop to buy things. I usually go to pick my wife from shop when I close from my own business. On that fateful day around 8.pm her Gen went off as fuel got exhausted and so is the CCTV camera so their faces were not captured she was actually balancing her account and arranging to close for the day whey they came appearing all friendly and chatty and they picked some items everything amounted to 12k and they requested for Cash of 10k totaling 22k. They requested for account no and my wife called out her monie point account and the lady said she can't find monie point and requested for another bank account and my wife called out her GTB account she called the account name and said it was successful and flash the screen to my wife's face. My wife said they will have to wait for confirmation she logged in through her app and couldn't see anything. Meanwhile the guy was coughing seriously and the lady started complaining that her baby is crying in the car and ask to drop her phone no. After some time
I asked my wife to let them go out of my good heart and concern for the baby in the car that it could be network problem that is causing the delay after getting their contact. We got home I asked my wife to check she said nothing is in her account my wife decided to Dial that number surprising her Truecaller app brought out her name as 'Onye ohi Rice' meaning Rice thief that was when it dawn on us that we have been scammed. Since that day we have tried plenty times to call and chat the num on Whatsapp but no response. This is the number 08105384984 registered as Ifeanyi Nwakaibeya. I have refunded my wife the money though but I'm really sad that such young people go about stealing from people. Nairalanders I know it's a small change but I wish I can get this guy and lady and deal with them.

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Legend44(m): 1:08pm On Apr 21
Imagine. You use to hear of it but you did not learn how to spot fake alert or how they operate and now you don experience am. Otilo bros but be careful next time people come claiming to be in a hurry.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by toujurs: 1:09pm On Apr 21
I read the part you said, you refunded your wife stolen money.

Money you didn't steal, but you beared the loss, for your wife.

And i asked myself, Can a woman even do this. For her man. angry

The sacrifices men make in this life, honestly Most women currently in marriage, don't deserve it.

A young man who struggles, actually struggles to make a living for himself and his family.

But women are too selfish, that it's only themselves they think about. Her hustle is for her alone, or when the man is no longer in the picture it's for herself and the children. angry

On the matter of discussion, this is why i activated only mail alerts, e mail alerts notifications can't be faked.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Emma09(m): 1:10pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:
Right now that wise couple will be enjoying the stuffs they bought from your shop while toasting with a cool bottle of wine and celebrating. Take your L peacefully.
Hmmmmm. Nairaland and toxicity! This is one of the reasons I would never create a thread on this platform even though I am an old member here. I really love Nairaland though. Different kinds of people na im dey here. Radarada!

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Obainoman6: 1:11pm On Apr 21
uwadia79:
Ogun go hammer you
You too, sir
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by zoghys: 1:12pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:

You're a complete retard. That's why asshole like you die mysteriously and people will attribute it to family attack. In your peanut brain, that's the meaningless comment you can come up with in such a blantant criminality by your co criminals. God will catch you very soon and u will live long in jail.

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Autobot05: 1:13pm On Apr 21
Emotions and business never really go well
Whenever I assist my mum at her store … if I’m to take transfers I’ll make it clear from the start that I must see my credit alert first before the deal is sealed . No long cappings after that because I told the customer even before we started . Whenever I open my own business that’s how I’ll run it too

Next time no matter if heaven won fall … make you you receive alert sef
Fake alert sef Dey sha so always check your balance once your see the alert to check of the money actually landed
Onye ohi rice means the person has committed another crime somewhere

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Obainoman6: 1:14pm On Apr 21
RecentHistory:

This year, your mother will go into debt to bury you. She will sell her last wrapper to bury you.
Every good thing will avoid your family
Your family will work like elephants and eat like ants
Your prayers will be repulsive to God
Your voice will be repulsive to your helpers
You will be smelling before your helpers
You will cry to God in your hour of need and he won't answer
Accident and Untimely death will never depart from your family.
You will have incurable wound, you won't die and the sore will not heal.
By the power of the full moon shining tonight, and the gods of the earth, sea and wind, you can't escape it. Mark today's date.
Same to you as well.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by seborrhic: 1:14pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:
The distance between you and sense is like that between Nigeria and the Red sea

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by onuman: 1:14pm On Apr 21
gentleman82:
a thief always think of himself as wise but the curse that follows a thief is terrible,

That's it. Karma is there waiting for the so-called smart guys. Eat today and suffer after. The man who let the thieves go without ascertaining that the money was credited in his wife's account made a mistake out of pity for the crying?? baby; but he may be rewarded through some other form.

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by uvie66: 1:15pm On Apr 21
NoahHadNoArk:

How has this senseless comment helped in any way apart from praising and encouraging the Thieves for their “smartness” while mocking the victim for allowing his kindness and humanity to cost him 22k. ?!

I cringe in disgust when I see foolish/stupid comments like that “Mugu go fall, guy man chop” on this platform. Has our society really gotten to this low were thieves and criminals are and congratulated and exalted for outsmarting and robbing their fellow Nigerians?!?

The Op created this thread to seek help in recovering his funds while also alerting the public as to the new methods these thieves devise by going as a couple and using a crying baby as a means of escape, yet you deemed it the right time and moment to display your foolishness by coming in to call the fraudster “wise”. Probably your parents I’m sure😒
From the abundance of your heart, I’m guessing scam is what you also do and you think it’s wise abi?!
Continue! Just one day for the owner

Next time if you have nothing reasonable to say switch off your data and take a nap, do not implicate yourself over something you know little About.

Ewu!
....I concur with you, the response the other writer was rather harsh, with all these so called "smartness" he claims the couple had the 22k is not going to change their lives, rather your wife's business will only grow stronger because she will learn from the awful experience. It is because of the attitude of this type of couple that business like Amazon, eBay, and the likes have refused to venture into Nigeria.

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by jaxxy(m): 1:15pm On Apr 21
is ur store a pharmacy? why was the man suddenly coughing there and u said the baby was crying in the car?

So this couple abandoned their kid in the car? is that not a red flag?

when sm1 trys to create a rush situation during a transaction or payment to the point they eant u to break tge right procedure of the transaction it is mostly a scam.

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by efemena5050(m): 1:16pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:
I hate nigerians with this type of ur mentality....once something bad happen to people u see typical unfortunate people begin to give silly remarks or statement as though they are more sensible or perhaps they would done something different if it had happened to them.... without thinking that unfortunate things will always happens to everyone at different times in life so long ur a living being,only grace and mercy with little percentage of ur wisdom can actually save u.....

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Obainoman6: 1:16pm On Apr 21
seborrhic:

The distance between you and sense is like that between Nigeria and the Red sea
You too.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by DeOTR: 1:16pm On Apr 21
Na you go balance your wife be that. No excuse.

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by GloriousGbola: 1:17pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:

It is an interesting pointer to your morals that you call scammers wise.

More importantly this is another of the things that makes doing business difficult in Nigeria. We are all expecting to be cheated and so a transaction that should go in a minute can take an hour because everyone is waiting for confirmation and trying to ensure they are not being scammed.

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by GenFunction: 1:17pm On Apr 21
Thankgodiyke:

Really I was not wise, I'm really disappointed with you and your utterances. You Sounded like one of them.... Everyday for the thief.............
Dnt mind the mumu,hes tryna form "woke street"
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Joezik(m): 1:18pm On Apr 21
Thankgodiyke:
I used to hear of scam through fake alert I have never experienced it before until three days ago when this young looking couple came to my wife's shop to buy things. I usually go to pick my wife from shop when I close from my own business. On that fateful day around 8.pm her Gen went off as fuel got exhausted and so is the CCTV camera so their faces were not captured she was actually balancing her account and arranging to close for the day whey they came appearing all friendly and chatty and they picked some items everything amounted to 12k and they requested for Cash of 10k totaling 22k. They requested for account no and my wife called out her monie point account and the lady said she can't find monie point and requested for another bank account and my wife called out her GTB account she called the account name and said it was successful and flash the screen to my wife's face. My wife said they will have to wait for confirmation she logged in through her app and couldn't see anything. Meanwhile the guy was coughing seriously and the lady started complaining that her baby is crying in the car and ask to drop her phone no. After some time
I asked my wife to let them go out of my good heart and concern for the baby in the car that it could be network problem that is causing the delay after getting their contact. We got home I asked my wife to check she said nothing is in her account my wife decided to Dial that number surprising her Truecaller app brought out her name as 'Onye ohi Rice' meaning Rice thief that was when it dawn on us that we have been scammed. Since that day we have tried plenty times to call and chat the num on Whatsapp but no response. This is the number 08105384984 registered as Ifeanyi Nwakaibeya. I have refunded my wife the money though but I'm really sad that such young people go about stealing from people. Nairalanders I know it's a small change but I wish I can get this guy and lady and deal with them.

Sorry to say You are the cause of this scam.
Why will you let them go, when you no see alert especially from your app. SMS alert is a different issue. If you no see money for app e never enter.
Set a standard and stick to it. No one leaves with confirmation.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by tivta(m): 1:18pm On Apr 21
RecentHistory:

This year, your mother will go into debt to bury you. She will sell her last wrapper to bury you.
Every good thing will avoid your family
Your family will work like elephants and eat like ants
Your prayers will be repulsive to God
Your voice will be repulsive to your helpers
You will be smelling before your helpers
You will cry to God in your hour of need and he won't answer
Accident and Untimely death will never depart from your family.
You will have incurable wound, you won't die and the sore will not heal.
By the power of the full moon shining tonight, and the gods of the earth, sea and wind, you can't escape it. Mark today's date.

I say a very loud AMEN to your prayers, if only God can show himself through this...
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by correctguy101(m): 1:19pm On Apr 21
NoahHadNoArk:

How has this senseless comment helped in any way apart from praising and encouraging the Thieves for their “smartness” while mocking the victim for allowing his kindness and humanity to cost him 22k. ?!

I cringe in disgust when I see foolish/stupid comments like that “Mugu go fall, guy man chop” on this platform. Has our society really gotten to this low were thieves and criminals are and congratulated and exalted for outsmarting and robbing their fellow Nigerians?!?

The Op created this thread to seek help in recovering his funds while also alerting the public as to the new methods these thieves devise by going as a couple and using a crying baby as a means of escape, yet you deemed it the right time and moment to display your foolishness by coming in to call the fraudster “wise”. Probably your parents I’m sure😒
From the abundance of your heart, I’m guessing scam is what you also do and you think it’s wise abi?!

Next time if you have nothing reasonable to say switch off your data and take a nap, do not implicate yourself over something you know little About.

Ewu!

Oh it has... You might have missed the signs around you.

I have severally commented on how Nigerians and the way they think has continued o evolve in the wrong direction. Its even difficult to ask for directions (ordinary directions o) these days... SMH

I run a business too and each time you make transfer and there's no alert, the goods will remain with me until confirmation. I learnt to wise up since 2014 when i noticed the simple definition of trust equates naivety.

My eyes were opened by people I know, so since then both insiders and outsiders always see face wey I dey use shit strong shit whenever business is concerned. If I wan dash pesin something different from being played a fool.. angry
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by seborrhic: 1:19pm On Apr 21
Appletek:

Take this fool to Alusi and see what will happen
Rubbish,nothing will happen.
The best way is the one the Whiteman gave you,technology and through basic investigation and police work where they work the way they should.
With the phone number the op dropped,it should ordinarily be easy for the police or bank to track then and recover that money,but no,you want to depend on one fake Alusi.
With Alusi being so powerful,why are there still thieves,armed robbers and murderers in your part of the world where Alusi reigns supreme
Where was Alusi when the Whiteman used just mirrors and combs to ship off thousands of slaves?
Alusi kor,nkita ni!
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by bukiah: 1:20pm On Apr 21
He is definitely one of them. Nemesis will soon catch up with him.
Thankgodiyke:

Really I was not wise, I'm really disappointed with you and your utterances. You Sounded like one of them.... Everyday for the thief.............
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by GloriousGbola: 1:21pm On Apr 21
NoahHadNoArk:

Ewu!

I doubt I have any sympathy left for any unknown beggar and this is why. This country is full of dubious people who will make up pity party stories so they can run you street

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by olarent: 1:22pm On Apr 21
My man, you did the right thing by allowing them to take their leave due to their baby and that we call empathy, just ignore and learn from the lesson. It's has happen to me too.

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by israelmao(m): 1:23pm On Apr 21
They too knew that their fraudulent act was about being exposed when your wife confirmed that there was no money credited to her account and that was why that they used emotional blackmail to stampede or bamboozle you into letting go of them based on trust.One big fact about recognizing fake alert is,if the credit alert you got has no total balance but only shows the fake amount credited into your account it is fake.

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by spencekat(m): 1:24pm On Apr 21
Sorry.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by beryledibor: 1:25pm On Apr 21
Oga you no wise. You for allow your wife handle the matter like market people use to do.

Next time no dey put your mouth for other people's business.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by OgidiHerbals: 1:25pm On Apr 21
Don't know why some people can't channel their energy to more productive things

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by RecentHistory: 1:27pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:

Same to you as well.

See you here manifesting curses.

Obainoman6:
I am a married man with 2 kids and i have not been paid salary please help me with anything that i can use to eat.
My children are hungry and we haven't had a proper meal since a week, we are nearly running out of gari supply in the house. Please i don't want to end my life but i am thinking about it on Sunday since i cannot provide let me die.
Your mother will sell her wrapper to bury you.
Your family will be ashamed to claim your corpse.
People will see and spit.

By elements of the earth, it is sealed. You cannot avoid it.

Today is 20.4.24. Perfect day in the mystic world.
Mark today's date. When it starts, you will remember today.

No pastor can remove this seal I have placed upon your life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

20-Year-Old Man Arrested For Sexually Assaulting Minor / 2 Robbers Caught And Stripped Unclad In Agbor, Delta (Photos) / Court Convicts Fraudster 10 Years For $18,700 Internet Scam

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82