Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,464 members, 7,891,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? (5158 Views)

Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido / Eniola Badmus And Her Nose Ring Step Out Looking Stylish And Slimmer. / Pictures Of The Most Stylish And Fashionable Male Entertainers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by Parisgoodman(m): 11:58am On Nov 19, 2011
If you ask me i will say yes! They are not stylish neither charismatic. It is hard for a Nigerian to see an artist and ask for autograph or even take pix with 'em, even paparazzi is very far from them and i belive this is attributed 2 their(artiste) unstylish way of life, dressing, etc. This is not about Nigerians dont value what they have, they should impress us(not puffy i mean) and show us what they'v got! U are free to be against or for the motion.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by BootyOnMe: 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2011
They lack originality and cultural awareness too! kiss
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by Parisgoodman(m): 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2011
They just freak me out sometimes when i see them.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by Nobody: 3:52am On Nov 20, 2011
There's only one artist that has style (in my opinion). Tiwa Savage. She's very simple, yet sophisticated. She's not like the rest who are trying to look like Lady Gaga or Ke$ha. As for the guys, for some of them it's Russian winter 24/7 in Naija. They wear sweaters, puffer jackets, scarfs, a lot of excess, and it isn't needed. Sometimes less is more.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by kelz88(f): 3:59am On Nov 20, 2011
They don't know how to sell themselves.

They need to invest in the right people/department.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by Parisgoodman(m): 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2011
ogugua88:

There's only one artist that has style (in my opinion). Tiwa Savage. She's very simple, yet sophisticated. She's not like the rest who are trying to look like Lady Gaga or Ke$ha. As for the guys, for some of them it's Russian winter 24/7 in Naija. They wear sweaters, puffer jackets, scarfs, a lot of excess, and it isn't needed. Sometimes less is more.
Yeah, Tiwa is kinda good cause she knows a thing or two due to her american upbringing. Lol @ 24/7 russian winter.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by Outstrip(f): 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2011
sigh
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by DaRapture: 2:09am On Nov 21, 2011
Yeah, they all are a bunch of AA and or Jamo Mimics, and most don't even do that too well. I'd be embarrassed if I were Nigerian.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by InkedNerd(f): 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2011
ogugua88:

I totally agree. I like Tiwa as well. The way she carries herself compared to those other "celebrities" is great! Another person I like, is Oluchi Onweagba. I don'ty know if she can be considered a Nigerian celebrity. I don't really see her as one, because she's a lot more internationally known than others in Nigeria. Agbani Darego is another one too!

DaRapture:

Yeah, they all are a bunch of AA and or Jamo Mimics, and most don't even do that too well. I'd be embarrassed if I were Nigerian.

Don't worry, I've got enough embarrassment to go around for everyne tongue

Parisgoodman:

If you ask me i will say yes! They are not stylish neither charismatic. It is hard for a Nigerian to see an artist and ask for autograph or even take pix with 'em, even paparazzi is very far from them and i belive this is attributed 2 their(artiste) unstylish way of life, dressing, etc. This is not about Nigerians dont value what they have, they should impress us(not puffy i mean) and show us what they'v got! U are free to be against or for the motion.

You're very much correct in this belief. A lot of them have horrible and I mean HORRIBLE PR people and in some cases, some of them don't have any at all! They don't know how to carry themselves. They give off too much attitude, sound very full of themselves, and don't know how to be humble about themslves. I saw one interview with some Nigerian acctress over a year ago, and the way she was speaking and the hand gestures she was making just made her look like a complete fool! It was so obvious that she was trying to sound like she an American accress but the fact that she was trying so hard, the way she was speaking and moving her hands, I couldn't help but laugh at her. I didn't know if I should have felt sorry for her or sorry for us Nigerians. Pathetic! They spend so much time trying to show they world their fake lives in those those bootleg Nigerian tabloid websites and magazines, if they invested the same amount of money and time into ACTUAL acting classes and PR people, they would be looking as fooloish as they always are!
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by MrCork17: 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2011
when waz the last time u saw a Nigerian artiest that can spek english? look at Basket mouth for gods sake! undecided
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by Parisgoodman(m): 1:09pm On Nov 22, 2011
could you believe WIZKID putting on doggy chain with T-shirt(red shirt and brown trouser) @ rhythm unplugged in Abuja? Yuck! *sick*. OLAMIDE is one big unstylish (w)rapper i'v seen. One thing about being a celeb is PACKAGING, our so called celeb dont know how to package at all.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by begwong: 4:52pm On Nov 23, 2011
DaRapture:

but they are still better than your country ERITEA tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by Robotnik: 4:59pm On Nov 23, 2011
na until dem plaster them self with tatoo like wocka flocka or lil wayne thats when dem go get style abi, at least 2 face is presentable, dbanj tries and our comedians to are not doing bad at least gordon sparks suit suits him
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by Afam4eva(m): 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2011
Nigerian celebrities look too ordinary when you come across them in real life. If you didn't know them, there's no pointer whatsoever that suggest that they're celebrities except for a few of them.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by logica(m): 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2011
Parisgoodman:

Yeah, Tiwa is kinda good cause she knows a thing or two due to her american upbringing. Lol @ 24/7 russian winter.
Is that why she's always wearing enough ROUGE especially being that dark skinned?
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2011
Lol while I will admit that its true I do wonder why is it important? Are they known for their talent (or lack there of  tongue) or how they dress? Not to renk on nigeria or nothing but their fashions are imported and therefore they have (the luxury) to appeal the western standards or do their own thing unlike us westerners who believe looks are everything. Different stroles for different folks.  undecided
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 23, 2011
[img]http://stiffdrink.files./2011/09/lil_wayne_tights.jpg[/img]

if i see any nigerian artist dressed like this,I will personall jum on a plane and come and shoot him
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by vladimiros: 5:36pm On Nov 23, 2011
to be honest

even our Footballers are not charismatic
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by ideylaff: 6:14pm On Nov 23, 2011
@ OP you are so right,

even if they want to westernise in terms of their dressing at least they should not take it too far both in dresssing and accent/the way they speak as well.

Keep it simple. Just look at this , Oh my, is that a suit or a leather chair with pins,

is this the Jim Oyuke everyone keeps banging on as a trend setter and stylish person,

[img]http://nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0RTQzIzODRORkMuanBnfDYwMA==[/img]
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2011
For the motion cos i agree with your analysis @OP
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by kelz88(f): 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2011
"leather chair with pins" ROTFL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2011
WHy blame Nigerian Artists for their poor dress sense and nappy charisma - they get all the encouragement from guess who - YOU!!! the FANS grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by Parisgoodman(m): 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

WHy blame Nigerian Artists for their poor dress sense and nappy charisma - they get all the encouragement from guess who - YOU!!! the FANS grin grin grin grin
U are a liar, they should impress us. Do u know that only few artistes perform on stage?(without DJ playing the song)
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by Revolva(m): 8:30pm On Nov 23, 2011
@Parisgoodman

I must say that you reallyhave a problem, Are artist not hman being, like any body , do you want them to be Robot, you just belive everything you see about Western artist, infact western artist have their own issues, what do you mean so oya if you wan go sing enter studie make you see how musci busniess be for Nigeria, these artist are making music out of nothing and you are here posting irrelevant topic, After you will be the first to buy show ticket for 15k,

@inkerd nerd

You're very much correct in this belief. A lot of them have horrible and I mean HORRIBLE PR people and in some cases, some of them don't have any at all! They don't know how to carry themselves. They give off too much attitude, sound very full of themselves, and don't know how to be humble about themslves. I saw one interview with some Nigerian acctress over a year ago, and the way she was speaking and the hand gestures she was making just made her look like a complete fool! It was so obvious that she was trying to sound like she an American accress but the fact that she was trying so hard, the way she was speaking and moving her hands, I couldn't help but laugh at her. I didn't know if I should have felt sorry for her or sorry for us Nigerians. Pathetic! They spend so much time trying to show they world their fake lives in those those bootleg Nigerian tabloid websites and magazines, if they invested the same amount of money and time into ACTUAL acting classes and PR people, they would be looking as fooloish as they always are!

well i must say that you aint in NAIJA, so al this one wey you dey yan na dust , enter studio or try be in the movie industry and see how it is. body go tell you, over here, dont blame them, it aint easy
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2011
ideylaff:

@ OP you are so right,

even if they want to westernise in terms of their dressing at least they should not take it too far both in dresssing and accent/the way they speak as well.

Keep it simple. Just look at this , Oh my, is that a suit or a leather chair with pins,

is this the Jim Oyuke everyone keeps banging on as a trend setter and stylish person,

[img]http://nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0RTQzIzODRORkMuanBnfDYwMA==[/img]

KAII!! grin grin jim done suffer!

Lol seriously he looks like a cross betweem kanye west and bach tongue

milehigh06:

[img]http://stiffdrink.files./2011/09/lil_wayne_tights.jpg[/img]

Lmao!! A hot bush mess right there! He should have had one more year added to his prison sentence for wearing that shiet. tongue

if i see any nigerian artist dressed like this,I will personall jum on a plane and come and shoot him

Lmao!
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by safarigirl(f): 10:34pm On Nov 23, 2011
I smell HATERS. Most of the coments posted here ae apparently frm those who don't stay in Naija. Over hereunlike abroad, no one gives a sh.it what artistes put on, na your money dem take buy am? So until they wear Doce's and Gabbanna's and Armanis or clothes tha are just off the runway, or until they dress like circus performers, we won't know they wore something nice? Puh lease, that's silly. I love Tu Face's simplicity and Omawumi's traditional outfits are always stunning and enviable, P square dress to impress and D'banj's wardrobe is endowed. Ice Prince dey crase, i no blame am, but he's mad in a good way.
P.S Tiwa Savage dresses like a freaking SL.UT! She totally ebarrassed me at the recent Channel O Awards, bet y'all didn't watch that, saved yourselves from the ugly sight of her overly exposed, flat mammary glands shocked. Let's not even go into her fake lashes and flashy make-up. Better to not have celebs than have em dress like expensive sex workers
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by InkedNerd(f): 1:24am On Nov 24, 2011
Revolva:
@inkerd nerd

well i must say that you aint in NAIJA, so al this one wey you dey yan na dust , enter studio or try be in the movie industry and see how it is. body go tell you, over here, dont blame them, it aint easy

I don't have to live in Nigeria to say what I said. I don't see you saying that to Nigerians living in Nigeria who make comments or talk about non-Nigerian celebrities. I'm quite sure you've made comments one time or another about a non-Nigerian celebrity, regardless of what the person does as a profession. Just because you don't live in the persons country doesn't mean that you don't have the right/can't critique them. Yes, I know its not easy but that is not an excuse to produce work that is complete and utter bullshit--its not an excuse for a person to not know how to carry themselves when in the limelight. A lot of these Nigerian "celebrities" are just a hot mess, whether you wanna admit it or not. Like ogugua88 said, its a lot of excess. Its one thing to wanna look nice and dress well but when you look like a damn Christmas tree by wearing EVERY trend of the season, AT THE SAME TIME, you just end up looking like a fool who is trying too hard! Even when they produce and make movies, it's freakin' ridiculous. Its like they don't know how to write a proper script that makes sense or is cohesive. Everything is almost always taken to the extremes for no reason at all. In an attempt to make a name for yourself within the global industry, must you make a joke of yourself and your people?! The people of Nigeria deserve much better than the bullshit that is presented to them. I have always believed in the resilience of the people of Nigeria so for these talentless people to be parading around like they've done something good, c'mon! I have seen struggling college students make even the most basic short films look like they were made with a huge budget. Regardless of whether it is a Nollywood celebrity, Bollywood celelbrity, Ghollywood celebrity, Jollywood celebrity, Hollywood, or any other industry of another country, I will comment and critique them if I feel that here are things about them that are off. I've seen crappy movies and celebrities of many industries, even those who have the finances to make themselves look good and I have still voiced my opinions of them. I'm not just going out of my way to talk about Nollywood "artists"/"celebrities". If someone looks and performs like crap, then it is what it is. There's no other way around it!

safarigirl:

I smell HATERS. Most of the coments posted here ae apparently frm those who don't stay in Naija. Over hereunlike abroad, no one gives a sh.it what artistes put on, na your money dem take buy am? So until they wear Doce's and Gabbanna's and Armanis or clothes tha are just off the runway, or until they dress like circus performers, we won't know they wore something nice? Puh lease, that's silly. I love Tu Face's simplicity and Omawumi's traditional outfits are always stunning and enviable, P square dress to impress and D'banj's wardrobe is endowed. Ice Prince dey crase, i no blame am, but he's mad in a good way.
P.S Tiwa Savage dresses like a freaking SL.UT! She totally ebarrassed me at the recent Channel O Awards, bet y'all didn't watch that, saved yourselves from the ugly sight of her overly exposed, flat mammary glands shocked. Let's not even go into her fake lashes and flashy make-up. Better to not have celebs than have em dress like expensive sex workers

Smell whatever you want to smell. Let's call a spade a spade!! No one said a damn thing about them wearing name brand clothes. I could care less if they were wearing a Dolce & Gabbana outfit or some obscure designer. It's about presenting yourself well and how you carry yourself! If you personally wanna look like crap then good for you--more power to you on that endeavor but they are in the public eye and because of that, they know what they got themselves into. Even if you put their looks aside, some of them don't know how to carry themselves properly in an interview. At times, they talk and act like they have no common sense. It's called common sense because usually most people have it. In the case of some Nigerian celebrities, it looks like they've got none at all! Excusing nonsense only breeds more nonsense. If you don't like Tiwa Savage just come out and say it--there's no need for you to be sittin' around exaggerating by saying certain parts of her body was showing!
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by Nobody: 1:27am On Nov 24, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Smell whatever you want smell.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by WebSurfer(m): 5:03am On Nov 24, 2011
sad sad sad
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by Bamaguje: 7:34am On Nov 24, 2011
I live in Nigeria and all the Naija Artist are shite

They are only 4 original artists i like

1.Femi Kuti
2.Tiwa Savage
3.Nneka
4. Asa

Thats all. What pisses me off is how Nigerian young ones are falliing over heels on Wizkid. WIZKID FFS!, I swear Most Naija young children dont have music taste.

Oh, they should stop using autotunes, its. F U. C. K. I. N. G annoying
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by damola1: 8:01am On Nov 24, 2011
Firstly, an artist can only know so much, The question is, where are good PR companies that are doing their job?,

Secondly, I like tubaba's dressing, most times, on point, You don't have to be wearing kaftan or agbada to dress like fela to show originality these days,
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Not Stylish And Charismatic? by cynthiafred67(f): 9:19pm On Nov 24, 2011
*no comment* just passing by

(1) (2) (Reply)

The House Of Lungula: The First Kenyan S Exx Movie (PHOTOS)18+ / Kizz Daniel Replies Harrysong (SEE SHOCKING REPLY) / Adekunle Gold And Simi Enjoying Themselves,Simi says ur pants look so nice on me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.