Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,531 members, 7,833,728 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. (65980 Views)

Nigerian Man Buys A Horse Because Of Lingering Fuel Scarcity (pics/video) / Nigerian Couple Die In Motor Accident One Month After Wedding / What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Macdeey: 9:56pm On Apr 26
cool
Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by CrossRhodes: 9:57pm On Apr 26
EreluRoz:
Nigerian men only behave well abroad 😂😂😂 if Dem born am well make he hit his wife there make them bundle him back to his village.

Congratulations to them
This why no one wants to marry you.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by SIRTee15: 9:58pm On Apr 26
AfahaAbia:
Paying mortgage for another 30 years sealed!!! Nothing special about this. The worst place to own a home is in Western countries.

Sour grape. They are paying mortgage into their own home.
If they work harder, pay off the equity loan if it's help to buy, they can rent it out as extra source of income and move to a 2nd home
Within 6 yrs of living in uk- they already owned 2 houses.
If it appreciates and they sell, maybe 10- 15 yrs down the line, they can easily make a profit of 50k off both houses.
And let's not 4get they can will it to kids. Property is a strong leverage to wealth building in western countries. It's good blacks now understand the game and are seriously into property.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by abobote: 9:58pm On Apr 26
Before they could afford to move to UK, they must be very rich already

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by ekanDamie: 9:58pm On Apr 26
Different people different interests. Illd rather live in a council flat all my days in the UK and save that money to build a better house In Africa. Not all these house where you can't even sneeze without ur neighbours hearing

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by ogelekpomgam(m): 9:58pm On Apr 26
Lols.Nairaland get men wey Sabi.
You can't buy a house outrightly in UK if you are an average salary earner.Its only mortgage.The UK system encourages you to pay gradually over years according to your financial capacity.not the Naija pattern of stealing money as a salary person and buying a house and nobody questions you how.. cheesy

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by obi4eze(m): 9:59pm On Apr 26
chyzoo4u:

I don't know about that, I just shared someone's story then emphasized that I can make enough money to buy a house in a year once I step into UK.

Lol. Do you know what it takes to get mortgage in the UK?

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Goldbw122(m): 9:59pm On Apr 26
There is something fishing inside the fish..
Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Nuelstar(m): 10:01pm On Apr 26
This is better news compared to the earlier one of a Man that killed his wife with a skating board after migrating to u.k in 2022.
Although this is not one big deal...na Mortgage not to celebrate,rather they are in real debt

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by oyeb15: 10:01pm On Apr 26
Hope no condition attached. Uk is not Nigeria that you can buy it all and forever.
Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by BodyCount: 10:01pm On Apr 26
EreluRoz:
Nigerian men only behave well abroad 😂😂😂 if Dem born am well make he hit his wife there make them bundle him back to his village.

Congratulations to them
He won't just hit her if she misbehaves, he can use a skateboard to finish her completely.
Misbehave make we see grin
I'm sure your hori buruku no pass internet grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by chopnaira: 10:01pm On Apr 26
Siberia01:
cheesy mortgage of course..

Very soon the African continent will be empty ...

If Canada had half of our resources..I don't know how developed it will be God cry
It's not the resources but the behavior of the people living in the country.

Bad people = Bad Country.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Dee60: 10:01pm On Apr 26
personal59:
They will pay for the next 30 years of their lives.

Every month without 3 deficits in a role. Why make it look like it's outright buying?

Congratulations all the way on their mortgage

In 30 years after school many in Nigeria are still not owning anything! There is nothing bad with mortgage if youhave ajob. Mortgage is better than paying rent for 30 years and still not owning. As you can see the house belongs to them now, mortgage or no mortgage. It is their home. They can use that to access more facilities. They can renovate the way they like. They can plant flowers. They have an address they are not sharing with anybody. Please let them celebrate their new step and thank God.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Leebeedo(m): 10:02pm On Apr 26
muyico:
mortgage loan!

Even if it's mortgage loan, you must have a down payment which is around 20% of the house price. Trust me, that down payment go build mansion for 🇳🇬.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by chopnaira: 10:02pm On Apr 26
snowland:
How much is the mortgage?

That's what's always lacking is this type of story.
Perhaps £350,000 depending on location and size of property cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Ishilove: 10:02pm On Apr 26
Mortgage or outright purchase?
Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by ukaface(f): 10:03pm On Apr 26
Mortgage

Am I the only person that doesn’t like the idea of mortgage? Paying for a house for the next 30 yrs, I want to own the house immediately. What if I don’t feel like working for the next 30 years, or I want to stop working after 10 years? Because of mortgage I will na stay hooked.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Proserpina: 10:03pm On Apr 26
Nairalanders and bitterness!

What if it's not mortgage?

I see couples working together to achieve their goals.

Hain!

Who do Nigerians to always learn the wrong things from events that happened?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by ffo(m): 10:04pm On Apr 26
AfahaAbia:
Paying mortgage for another 30 years sealed!!! Nothing special about this. The worst place to own a home is in Western countries.

Stop saying what you dont know, the difference between what you pay in an apartment (rent) and mortgage is almost the same, in fact in some cases mortgage can be less as time goes on

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by HBB1(m): 10:05pm On Apr 26
Why show off on social media?

Christ!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by WhiteWood: 10:06pm On Apr 26
chyzoo4u:
If you know your onions just like myself (yes, I'm bragging), you can own house a mortgaged house within a year in the UK unlike some discouraging stories some people like to tell.

FIXED

A mortgaged home is a property that has a mortgage loan secured against it. In other words, the homeowner has borrowed money from a lender (such as a bank or mortgage company) to purchase the home, and the property serves as collateral for the loan. Until the mortgage is fully paid off, the lender holds a legal claim on the property, and if the homeowner fails to make mortgage payments as agreed, the lender has the right to foreclose on the property and sell it to recover the outstanding debt.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by ebahorjerry: 10:06pm On Apr 26
So u dey sell onions, how much for 50kg bag of onions? I want 12bag
Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by chopnaira: 10:06pm On Apr 26
Leebeedo:

Even if it's mortgage loan, you must have a down payment which is around 20% of the house price. Trust me, that down payment go build mansion for 🇳🇬.
Atleast 5% not 20%.

You can put 20% - 100% down if you have the money though.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by aviara: 10:06pm On Apr 26
His intention was to ensure he killed the wife and that was exactly what he did. Imagine what will make a man kill his wife. I am sure they once shared passionate love and affectionate towards each other at one point.

This life na wa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by ffo(m): 10:06pm On Apr 26
ukaface:
Mortgage

Am I the only person that doesn’t like the idea of mortgage? Paying for a house for the next 30 yrs, I want to own the house immediately. What if I don’t feel like working for the next 30 years, or I want to stop working after 10 years? Because of mortgage I will na stay hooked.

There are ways around it and most banks are considerate. And besides dont you pay for rent? paying for rent for 30 years or paying for mortage for 30 years, which is better?

You can sell your house after 10 years if you dont want the house again and cash out

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by jaxxy(m): 10:07pm On Apr 26
Nice
Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by ffo(m): 10:08pm On Apr 26
HBB1:
Why show off on social media?

Christ!

His choice.
he showed off to encourage others. social media is not only meant for bad news

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by chyzoo4u(m): 10:08pm On Apr 26
RecentHistory:

Werey, but you dey Autos section dey price 20 year old Sienna. grin

You don't know Jack. You're just a noise maker

Grand werey, from the amount I priced it you should've known I was joking with the guy for setting a high price for that vehicle.

Besides, I can't buy a car from nairaland when my friend sell cars.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by sisisioge: 10:09pm On Apr 26
Congratulations! More wins people!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by chyzoo4u(m): 10:10pm On Apr 26
obi4eze:

Lol. Do you know what it takes to get mortgage in the UK?

🙄🙄 Do you know me, my skills, my businesses and what I'm capable of?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Skillsnigeria: 10:11pm On Apr 26
That's good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban / Inside Abramovich’s ₦181b Eclipse Yacht With Helipads,Sub & Missile Defence Syst / World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.