Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,028 members, 7,933,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 07:50 AM

Army, Police Others Should Reconsider Dismissal Of Erring Personnels - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army, Police Others Should Reconsider Dismissal Of Erring Personnels (163 Views)

Anti-party: South East APC Ratifies Suspension/expulsion Of Erring Members / Peter Mbah, Police, Others Flee During Certificate Of Return Presentation / Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army, Police Others Should Reconsider Dismissal Of Erring Personnels by MrProlific95: 9:17pm On Apr 22
News of disciplinary actions taken against erring servicemen and women in the military and Police have increased in the media space.

Punishment has ranged from summary orderly room trial usually followed by dismissal and in few cases COURT TRIAL.

I wish to advice that the idea of dismissal should be deeply reconsidered.

Most of the dismissed servicemen are combat trained, some get special trainings in tactics, maneuvering and others involved in operations.

Service personnel should not be summarily dismissed and sent back into society, as with their ARMS training can constitute severe danger to society should they take to crime as a way of avenging their dismissal even though they are at fault.

I urge the government to find other ways of keeping this people away from society. If they must deal with this errant persons they should find a way of doing it without giving the opportunity of going into violent crime.

It is better to sentence them to Life in prison or even a death sentence where they have committed crime like extra Judicial killing.

You dey spend huge amounts dey reform Boko haram terrorist why you no fit reform Policeman
Attack me Mildy Ejooor, Ivie, fikio oghene

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army, Police Others Should Reconsider Dismissal Of Erring Personnels by Namaster: 9:22pm On Apr 22
First off, you OVERESTIMATE the level of training received by Nigerian Military and Police. Especially Police with their fat bellies.

90% of their courage come from carrying AK47s while the people they harass have nothing. The remaining 10% come from the knowledge that they belong to a group (cult, really) that'll back them up no matter what.

Remove both and many civilians will fuuuck them up in one on one combat.

Plus even the US have dishonorable discharge for service personnel that mosbehave.

In fact, they should not only be dismissed but also prosecuted for the crimes they committed.
Re: Army, Police Others Should Reconsider Dismissal Of Erring Personnels by MrProlific95: 9:38pm On Apr 22
Namaster:
First off, you OVERESTIMATE the level of training received by Nigerian Military and Police. Especially Police with their fat bellies.

90% of their courage come from carrying AK47s while the people they harass have nothing. The remaining 10% come from the knowledge that they belong to a group (cult, really) that'll back them up no matter what.

Remove both and many civilians will fuuuck them up in one on one combat.

Plus even the US have dishonorable discharge for service personnel that mosbehave.

In fact, they should not only be dismissed but also prosecuted for the crimes they committed.
Yes prosecute them and send them away from society for some time than allowing them mix up with career criminals who will quickly absorb them
Re: Army, Police Others Should Reconsider Dismissal Of Erring Personnels by muyico(m): 9:41pm On Apr 22
My phone screen is cracked,so I'm not seeing the post very well,but based on people comments here,it is really very sad to divorce such A good woman🤣
Re: Army, Police Others Should Reconsider Dismissal Of Erring Personnels by AmuOtu: 9:48pm On Apr 22
muyico:
My phone screen is cracked,so I'm not seeing the post very well,but based on people comments here,it is really very sad to divorce such A good woman🤣
Stale.
Re: Army, Police Others Should Reconsider Dismissal Of Erring Personnels by immortalcrown(m): 9:56pm On Apr 22
Why not jail them for life?
Re: Army, Police Others Should Reconsider Dismissal Of Erring Personnels by LAXconfidential(m): 9:56pm On Apr 22
In saner climes, they dismiss them inorder to send them to jail. Any offence worthy of dismissal should also be tried and sentenced by a court. But welcome to Nigeria our great nation. 👍

(1) (Reply)

Gov Obaseki Says Ban On Open Grazing / Umo Eno At 60: A Toast To A Great Humanitarian / EFCC Should Write Kogi State Assembly To Impeach The Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.