Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,688 members, 7,975,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 09:47 AM

'nigeria Is Making Progress' Use Stats To Prove This Statement Correct - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'nigeria Is Making Progress' Use Stats To Prove This Statement Correct (211 Views)

Africa Fail To Prove This Man Wrong: (photo) / NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari / 6 'facts' To Prove President Buhari Has Been Replaced By Jubrin - Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'nigeria Is Making Progress' Use Stats To Prove This Statement Correct by Prince500(m): 4:55am On Apr 25
Can someone use Statistics to convince me that Nigeria is getting better please. We the young people are experiencing a sense of hopelessness. I am an open university student, economics student to be precise and a very hard working one, hoping to graduate next year June but all permutations when reminiscing about my future always ends with thoughts of japa as the conclusion. I don't know what it will take to fix this country. I am facing a moral dilemma, the entirety of skilled and educated Nigerians are always thinking of leaving, what will be future including I, even though I know this mass exodus only accelerates the demise of this country. I have tried to avoid all vices that young people fall prey to , including betting,yahoo and crypto scams. Even the obedient movement that I subscribed to in its earlier days fills me up with trepidation because at the end of the day, they are all Nigerians with all it's shortcomings. My parents have reach the end of their respective career, I now have the overwhelming burden of stepping up to shoulder responsibility for the household. I want to leave this country one day but this is my father land, the nationalistic pride is still there. Even though I am from the north I envy the struggles of great men like zik,owolowo and the nationalist of the past. They wanted more for this country. I want more for this country but we need a sense of hope. The national orientation agency is actually doing too little in this effect. The only language I understand and believe is numbers. Stats Neva lie. Stats right now are not looking good please some one prove me wrong.
Re: 'nigeria Is Making Progress' Use Stats To Prove This Statement Correct by meum: 5:00am On Apr 25
Not possible to use statistics cos this present APC doesn’t like statistics. They campaigned with “na statistics we go chop?”

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'nigeria Is Making Progress' Use Stats To Prove This Statement Correct by Prince500(m): 5:23am On Apr 25
meum:
Not possible to use statistics cos this present APC doesn’t like statistics. They campaigned with “na statistics we go chop?”
it was a red flag moment to all educated Nigerians. When a person refuses to use stats I conclude he is hidding something. I don't hate APC but we can all agree that the country is worse off that it was before them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'nigeria Is Making Progress' Use Stats To Prove This Statement Correct by Newdawn30: 7:32am On Apr 25
Tinubu NBC said only 4% of Nigerians are unemployed . So tinubu is working very hard.

Besides dollar has fallen from 1800 to 1200 now that's is improvement .
Govt is working on bring fuel price down, even gas and Dessie are all coming down

Forget what you are presently seeing it's ipob members that are trying so hard to disstabilize Nigeria

But if you see what Japa ,pls take it and leave . Some people are regretting why they didn't take the opportunity when they had it .

1 Like

Re: 'nigeria Is Making Progress' Use Stats To Prove This Statement Correct by Nice2023(m): 7:52am On Apr 25
Thank God u are an economics students. The current govt has nothing to show as its achievement and the country keeps wobbling beyond my imagination.

Statistically,we are not faring well at all,since the coming of this administration...many people are no longer eating well,yesterday a crate of egg we used to buy #1,200 now is #3,800 then,plot this on a graph and u will see that it keeps going upward which means people are being plunge into inexplicable poverty on a daily basis.

I have four children,I know how much I spend in a day,dropping them at school,feeding them and fueling my car and my wife's car every month is like a miracle in this economy and now as I speak,I am at a queue some where in Abuja close to one hour just to buy fuel that God gave us.

My brother,leave all those who come to here to paint the country nice economically,we know them. I am one the fortunate Nigerians and who earn handsomely but I can tell u with certainty,that things are out of place for now both statistically and none statistically.

Just be strong and be positive as we walk the rough economic terrain.

I really pity for my fellow Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'nigeria Is Making Progress' Use Stats To Prove This Statement Correct by Prince500(m): 7:53am On Apr 25
Newdawn30:
Tinubu NBC said only 4% of Nigerians are unemployed . So tinubu is working very hard.

Besides dollar has fallen from 1800 to 1200 now that's is improvement .
Govt is working on bring fuel price down, even gas and Dessie are all coming down

Forget what you are presently seeing. it's ipob members that are trying so hard to disstabilize Nigeria
. The recent improvement in the naira looks feels shaky. It does not feel concrete, let's hope it is not half measure that is used to achieve that. More should be done to assist local industries. I expect improvement to power and security. I get your points but the government must make statements with clarity not ambiguous ones that leave room for doubt. This is a critical time. Majority of citizens morale are low. As for the IPOB thing, I don't know anything about that so I won't address that.

1 Like

Re: 'nigeria Is Making Progress' Use Stats To Prove This Statement Correct by Prince500(m): 8:04am On Apr 25
Nice2023:

The above

truly speaking the inflationary graph of Nigeria is not flattering at all but this one goes beyond graph I feel it every day. My life and quality of it is a function of the decision taken by our leaders. I am not religious so I don't believe in faith. The moment fuel subsidy was removed my expenses across board tripled. It means I am worse off no matter my level of income. The use of substitution effect is impossible since all alternatives became expensive. We just had to income effect that is reducing consumption. I have lost 20 pounds of weight. I don't want to imagine how men with children cope not even statistics can convince them that things are alright. Remain strong brother better days ahead.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Wabara And Others Responsible For Digging Pdp's Grave- Osita Okechukwu / Only A Foolish Person Support Nigerian Politicians ? / Naira Depreciates To N1,340/$ In Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.