Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Created And Deployed My Second Django Website. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Created And Deployed My Second Django Website. (78 Views)

Created And Deployed My First Django Website. / Checkout My New Python Django Website / Deploying A Django Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Created And Deployed My Second Django Website. by downbad(m): 7:10pm On Apr 26
This is a cross post from the programmer subforum.

About 5 months ago I posted here on this forum that I had built and deployed my first Django web project. I also stated then that I would be embarking on another project which would be more complex. Well, here I am.

The new website is live at https://chistevstore.pythonanywhere.com/

Below are a list of some of the implemented functionalities if you do not have the time to test it all out.

1. Forgot password functionality sends a security code to the user's email for password reset.
2. Users can change their passwords and delete their accounts.
3. Detailed order views provide information about order items, delivery dates, and payment methods.
4. Users can save products for later viewing.
5. Cart items are displayed with product details, quantities, prices, and discounts.
6. Authenticated users' carts are stored in the database; Anonymous users' carts are stored in session data.
7. Users can add and remove items from the cart; Quantity updates are reflected in real-time.
8. Empty cart messages are displayed when appropriate.
9. Calculates delivery fees based on total order value.
10. Supports two payment methods: "Pay on Delivery" and "Bank Transfer".
11. Integrates with Flutterwave for payment processing.
12. Displays top-selling products based on order history.
13. Tracks user activity, including recently viewed products.
14. Facilitates product search using keywords; Displays search results with matching products and descriptions.; Provides autocomplete suggestions for efficient search input.

There are other features but it would be better for you to check out the site yourself or read up my more detailed ReadMe on the github.

If you are interested in improving the site in whatever way you can, I'll send you the link to the Github repo.

Also, of course, if you can help me secure a job, I'd be grateful and try my best not to disappoint.

Anyway, I have built two projects now with Django. A blog (check my post history for it) and an E-commerce website, and I think I want to try out other backend technologies. For my next project I am planning on building a website like Goodreads but it would be a collection of books I have personally read. I don't know what the website would look like yet. I am planning on using Express js for the backend.

I'd be sure to share the finished project here when I am done just as I did with this one. Hopefully it would be completed in less time despite it being my first project with Express.

I am a guy seeking to always improve.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

URGENT: MGID Re-application And Rejection / Grow Your Business with our Website Design / How Web Design Impacts Customer Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.