Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

How I Was Caught Sleeping By Media, But First Lady Saved Me From Extortion - Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Was Caught Sleeping By Media, But First Lady Saved Me From Extortion - Gov (756 Views)

Lai Mohammed: Nigeria's Image Problem Caused By Media / Man Spotted Chilling Sleeping By The Side Of The Main Road At Ikeja Under Bridg / His Royal Craftiness Lamido Sanusi: Indicted For Fraud, Adorned Saint By Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Caught Sleeping By Media, But First Lady Saved Me From Extortion - Gov by wwwihy: 10:24am On Apr 27
Governor Ademola Adeleke has disclosed how the First Lady of Nigeria, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, once saved him from media blackmail while he was in the Senate.

Adeleke said the first lady, then a Senator in the 8th Senate, was his saving grace after he was caught sleeping by the media during plenary.

The governor spoke on Tuesday during a reception organized for Tinubu alongside other State Governors’ wives at the Government House, Oke-Fia, Osogbo, ahead of the Turning of Sod of the Alternative High School for Girls.

According to Adeleke, “I want to welcome you to Osun State. You are a detribalised First Lady. I remember that she was my senior colleague at the 8th assembly.

“There was a time when the media caught me sleeping in the Senate, so they wanted to blackmail me. I told them how tedious our job is in making bills and having several sleepless nights over Nigeria. We don’t sleep till 4 a.m. most times. They (the media) were not listening to me; I almost fell for their blackmail. So, I ran to mama (First Lady) when she was going to Lagos, and I told her that I wanted to ask her something. I said I was sleeping, and the media came to me that they saw me sleeping, and it seemed they wanted to collect something from me.

“She told me, ‘ma da won lohun’ (don’t answer them), let them go and write whatever thing they want to write, and tell them that you are a human being because they have done that to me before.

“I made use of what she told me. That helped me out of paying a lot of money. So anytime we have issues, we always go to her because of her wealth of experience.”

https://twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1784115526488273115
Re: How I Was Caught Sleeping By Media, But First Lady Saved Me From Extortion - Gov by LibertyRep: 10:30am On Apr 27
Isn't this a blackmail?

The brown envelope media involved should be prosecuted

1 Like

Re: How I Was Caught Sleeping By Media, But First Lady Saved Me From Extortion - Gov by Sangoamadioha1: 10:34am On Apr 27
How can one degrade himself like this just curry favor You need an adult like yourself to tell you to ignore people that want to blackmail you for sleeping, a normal body response to tiredness.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Caught Sleeping By Media, But First Lady Saved Me From Extortion - Gov by Ladiesdoctor(m): 10:34am On Apr 27
Body no be firewood na
Re: How I Was Caught Sleeping By Media, But First Lady Saved Me From Extortion - Gov by wwwihy: 10:36am On Apr 27
Sangoamadioha1:
How can one degrade himself like this just curry favor You need an adult like yourself to tell you to ignore people that want to blackmail you for sleeping, a normal body response to tiredness.

He said it " lack of experience" . He was first timer then

1 Like

Re: How I Was Caught Sleeping By Media, But First Lady Saved Me From Extortion - Gov by festacman(m): 10:36am On Apr 27
Gov. Adeleke should have mentioned the extortionist journalists involved to shame them.
Re: How I Was Caught Sleeping By Media, But First Lady Saved Me From Extortion - Gov by Sangoamadioha1: 10:45am On Apr 27
wwwihy:

He said it " lack of experience" . He was first timer then

That story was not meant for public consumption because it belittles him as someone not emotionally matured for the position he contested for. He was just trying to hype the first lady as a fountain of wisdom.
Re: How I Was Caught Sleeping By Media, But First Lady Saved Me From Extortion - Gov by kokoA(m): 10:49am On Apr 27
No matter how I try I don't see this guy as a serious person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Caught Sleeping By Media, But First Lady Saved Me From Extortion - Gov by duro4chang(m): 10:56am On Apr 27
Sangoamadioha1:
Everything about him is sensational, mesmerizing, comical and childish.

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Caught Sleeping By Media, But First Lady Saved Me From Extortion - Gov by duro4chang(m): 10:58am On Apr 27
Sangoamadioha1:

That story was not meant for public consumption because it belittles him as someone not emotionally matured for the position he contested for. He was just trying to hype the first lady as a fountain of wisdom.
He behaves like a minor many times.

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Caught Sleeping By Media, But First Lady Saved Me From Extortion - Gov by MoonWater: 11:34am On Apr 27
It's human nature to sleep na
Re: How I Was Caught Sleeping By Media, But First Lady Saved Me From Extortion - Gov by slivertongue: 12:13pm On Apr 27
let them go and write whatever thing they want to write, and tell them that you are a human being.

Obi doing same to them.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Can Govern From Anywhere In The World’ – Bwala Tackles Atiku, Others / Tribunal Nulifies Senate President "david Mark's" Election! / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.