Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,746 members, 7,875,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:53 PM

Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly (12345 Views)

Protesters Storm PHED Office In Port Harcourt Over Poor Power Supply (Photos) / Probe Of Security Vote: Governors Hire Lawyers To Challenge EFCC / Governors Hire Lawyers To Tackle EFCC Over Probe Of Security Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by magoo10(m): 7:52am On Apr 28
Many state governors don't know that power supply problem is also their duty to solve.

1 Like

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by nairalanda1(m): 7:53am On Apr 28
Dennisochampa:
I no understand Nigeria...

Why can't we study the power supply structure of countries where power is constant and apply the same principles to our own power sector

Countries like united kingdom, power is 24hrs and does not shake... What are they doing differently that our government cannot adopt

The billions of dollars wen emefiele thief suppose Don reach to take kick off stable power project...

If u add the ones wen we dey waste for subsidy, e go reach carry the project reach somewhere and if u come add the ones wen people like matawale don thief..... E go reach to finish and commission the project

Because when we find out other countries allow their power companies set their prices, you guys will promptly say no way.

1 Like

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by ClearFlair: 7:54am On Apr 28
APC is a failure

1 Like

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by WorldRichest: 7:57am On Apr 28
Paraman:
Power supply was decentralize under Buhari administration. The Governors should start doing more to improve power supply in their state

Useless and lazy governors. Tinubu is pushing it to them forcefully. Power has been removed from the Exclusive List, yet the governors that are now constitutionally empowered to be in control refused to accept it. Tinubu JAGABAN has decided to hang it on their necks, they must take over control of Power
Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by WorldRichest: 7:57am On Apr 28
ClearFlair:
APC is a failure

What are you?
Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by ClearFlair: 7:58am On Apr 28
WorldRichest:

What are you?

A normal human being who would never support failure. Those who support failure belong in psychiatric hospitals

2 Likes

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by WorldRichest: 8:01am On Apr 28
ClearFlair:

A normal human being who would never support failure. Those who support failure belong in psychiatric hospitals

If your state is better than APC controlled states, then you will not run away from your state to come and slave in Lagos

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by Ebibedike1: 8:01am On Apr 28
Nigeria governors are very lazy, they are only there to share faac money. Ask them to provide security, na story. Ask them to take the responsibility for the electricity generation and see how they will be dodging it.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by phorget(m): 8:02am On Apr 28
benuejosh:
May Nigeria win to the shame of Obidients.

Shame on YOU!
If Nigeria is to work then the obidients should be praised, we refused to keep quite like morons like you. When we talk about evil policies and maladministrations then its because we want a proactive leader rather than a dormant one, we want a leader that knows and act his onion. If we all keep silent like fools like you then the leaders will feel all is well and fine. Instead of idiots like you to keep thanking us for having a voice you are busy looking for who to shame. If Nigeria wins today then let me see if you will pack all obidients and dump them in the lagoon so you can enjoy the win alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by WorldRichest: 8:03am On Apr 28
nairalanda1:

Because when we find out other countries allow their power companies set their prices, you guys will promptly say no way.

I pay between 100 and 120 Pounds every month here, if you ask Nigerians to pay half of that, NLC will lead angry and lazy youths together with bitter politicians to shut down the country and

1 Like

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by nairalanda1(m): 8:04am On Apr 28
WorldRichest:

I pay between 100 and 120 Pounds every month here, if you ask Nigerians to pay half of that, NLC will lead angry and lazy youths together with bitter politicians to shut down the country

Exactly..

And because the UK can charge that high for power, they can afford new generation plants like the big nuclear plant e-on is building now.

1 Like

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by ClearFlair: 8:07am On Apr 28
WorldRichest:

If your state is better than APC controlled states, then you will not run away from your state to come and slave in Lagos

See now. Did I tell you I was Igbo. APC is not for mentally stable people.

1 Like

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by WorldRichest: 8:07am On Apr 28
nairalanda1:

Exactly..

And because the UK can charge that high for power, they can afford new generation plants like the big nuclear plant e-on is building now.

I still pay 100 Pounds monthly for Gas for cooking and heating the house making it between 200 and 220 Pounds. Shey Nigerians fit pay that? If Tinubu Jagaban tries it, you will see Peter Giringori Agulu Obituary and Atikulation Abubakar leading protests and Peter Giringori rolling out fake Statistics that power is free in UK and that government pays citizens money to use power in Germany

2 Likes

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by Menclothing1: 8:09am On Apr 28
With the rate of power theft no one is willing to invest in power in Nigeria
They are willing to pay 100k to fuel gen monthly but pay Nepa 20k they can’t unserious country
Nepa also should meter everyone and put meter on pole to avoid by pass
Unserious nation

1 Like

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by samuel1981(m): 8:15am On Apr 28
This is just an avenue for them to loot, nothing, these guys and their supporters are the real enemies of this country.
Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by Ashley86400: 8:16am On Apr 28
jimmyolasun:
Which poor power supply?? Because for where I dey here.. naa 22hrs light we dey oo. If light go for 2hrs, e mean say something bad don happen..
Meanwhile we haven’t had light for over two weeks now. Nigeria no balance.

1 Like

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by Wainey: 8:18am On Apr 28
Gandah:
Weitin dey pain me more na how dem dey spend money on roads instead of infrastructural development projects wey go ease some kind hardship for d con3 embarassed
road is the most important thing, electricity might come second.
Without Road, electricity fit no even reach ur village
Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by onatisi(m): 8:20am On Apr 28
the problem this nation has is that more than 99% of our elected leaders have no plan about what the challenges in Nigeria are or what they want to do in office before contesting, so what happens is they spend the first one or two years studying the situation when eventually they get into office.
if not, I expect most of these governors to have planned out an action plan of this energy crisis before entering office. we have accidental leaders in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by specialmati(m): 8:22am On Apr 28
benuejosh:
May Nigeria win to the shame of Obidients.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin are you sure you are ok. OBIDIENTS want 24hrs light na.this is the time for you to give advice to una agbero chairman so things will work or are you daft ?

1 Like

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by Noblechykk(m): 8:31am On Apr 28
WorldRichest:

I still pay 100 Pounds monthly for Gas for cooking and heating the house making it between 200 and 220 Pounds. Shey Nigerians fit pay that? If Tinubu Jagaban tries it, you will see Peter Giringori Agulu Obituary and Atikulation Abubakar leading protests and Peter Giringori rolling out fake Statistics that power is free in UK and that government pays citizens money to use power in Germany
What's the minimum wage in U.K?
Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by baretalk: 8:46am On Apr 28
What have the lazy ineffective governors been waiting for... federal government has since given states and entities right to build their power infrastructure...since the beginning of this administration.
Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by WorldRichest: 8:52am On Apr 28
Noblechykk:

What's the minimum wage in U.K?

I don't earn minimum wage. Several minimum wage earners here cannot afford electricity. You can also ask your friends in USA how much they pay for electricity and gas. You cannot afford stable electricity. That's it.

1 Like

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by Offpointng: 9:11am On Apr 28
omoredia:
I did not send these prophets, yet they have run with their message; I did not speak to them, yet they have prophesied.

Jeremiah 23: 21

How's "You're a man of Faith" a message or a prophesy??

Do you need to go back to School to know how best to write??
Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by Noblechykk(m): 9:25am On Apr 28
WorldRichest:

I don't earn minimum wage. Several minimum wage earners here cannot afford electricity. You can also ask your friends in USA how much they pay for electricity and gas. You cannot afford stable electricity. That's it.
I am not worried about crossing the bridge. Let the government take me there first.
Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by Alkason: 9:54am On Apr 28
Our company, alongside our technical partners will be willing to build power plant for any interested state in Nigeria.
We will fund it 💯 and still give 10% share to that state.

24 hours power supply is very much possible and achievable in any state we will be working with.
Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by Alkason: 9:58am On Apr 28
WorldRichest:

Gas isn't that expensive in Nigeria, because we have it in abundance and doesn't require it for heating.
Our company can generate power for any state, give them 24hrs power supply and still maintain the existing tariff.
Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by Alkason: 10:00am On Apr 28
Menclothing1:
With the rate of power theft no one is willing to invest in power in Nigeria
They are willing to pay 100k to fuel gen monthly but pay Nepa 20k they can’t unserious country
Nepa also should meter everyone and put meter on pole to avoid by pass
Unserious nation

Your second paragraph have answered the first.
We are ready to invest in states but not ready to bribe the government officials to be given that opportunity.
That's the challenge my company is having now.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by COMPAQ(m): 11:01am On Apr 28
Dennisochampa:
I no understand Nigeria...

Why can't we study the power supply structure of countries where power is constant and apply the same principles to our own power sector

Countries like united kingdom, power is 24hrs and does not shake... What are they doing differently that our government cannot adopt

The billions of dollars wen emefiele thief suppose Don reach to take kick off stable power project...

If u add the ones wen we dey waste for subsidy, e go reach carry the project reach somewhere and if u come add the ones wen people like matawale don thief..... E go reach to finish and commission the project

What they are doing differently is that they are paying the appropriate price for electricity.

Nigerians always want government freebies

1 Like

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by Dennisochampa: 11:05am On Apr 28
COMPAQ:

What they are doing differently is that they are paying the appropriate price for electricity.

Nigerians always want government freebies

Too bad!

1 Like

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by COMPAQ(m): 11:06am On Apr 28
baretalk:
What have the lazy ineffective governors been waiting for... federal government has since given states and entities right to build their power infrastructure...since the beginning of this administration.

So power plants just spring up overnight abi? Didn't some states have to do the groundwork to get their state electricity regulator up and running first?

Nigerians just talk nonsense Sha.

Anyway I don't expect state governments to be the ones building power plants. They should let the private sector tender for the provision of electricity at a contracted rate and they go build it.

Lagos State can have 500MW floating solar on Lagos lagoon in 3 years if they are serious. There is a global glut of solar panels now, particularly from China. Now is the best time. And we can back ot up with grid scale batteries for nighttime when the sun isn't shining.

1 Like

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by Gnosispd: 11:09am On Apr 28
Our governors need to do more. Instead of just collecting federal allocations and sharing them, they should be working to create prosperity for our states. Unfortunately, most of them don't have the skills to successfully run a small business, like a pure water company. It's time for us to demand accountability and better management of our collective resources.

1 Like

Re: Poor Power Supply: Governors Hire Consultants To Break Discos Monopoly by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 1:36pm On Apr 28
Lols our leaders can't solve Power issues because it is needed as a campaign manifesto for the next coming elections....

When Tanzania is suffering from excess electric power output, Nigeria is suffering from zero output but high tax input in the same electricity.....

TINUBU, the tax maker .....which other Subsidy are you going to remove tommorow and fix tax for the poor masses?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More Pictures Of PDP Presidential Campaign In Yenagoa / Marketers Demand Bulk Supply As Dangote Ends Fuel Import June / IBB To Address Military On Strategies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.