Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,830 members, 7,889,751 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:42 PM

True Meaning Of Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / True Meaning Of Love (6703 Views)

Do Nigerian Girls Really Know The Meaning Of "Orente"? / True Meaning Of St. Valentine's Day: Don't Get It Twisted / What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Meaning Of Love by Phate07(m): 5:42pm On Nov 20, 2011
True meanings of love:

If its because of her eyes,lips or body,
its not love its" LUST"

If its because of her intelligence or insight about life,
its not love, its "ADMIRATION"

If its because she cries every time you try to leave her,
its not love its "PITY"

If its because she makes you forget to study and sleep,
its not love its "INFATUATION"

"LOVE is,
when you do not know why you seem to be attracted to a person. LOVE has its reason and that reason is UNKNOWN, "!!!
tongue tongue
Re: True Meaning Of Love by MrsChima1(f): 5:48pm On Nov 20, 2011
You are in love huh? tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 20, 2011
Phate07:

True meanings of love:

its not love its" LUST"

its not love its "PITY"

"LOVE is,
when you do not know why you seem to be attracted to a person. LOVE has its reason and that reason is UNKNOWN, "!!!
 tongue tongue
[size=14pt]WRONG!

That's the definition of insanity.

Love has a reason. There must be qualities you really like for you to conclude you love someone. Saying the reason for loving me is unknown is like saying you can fall in love with a random stranger, since there is no reason for that love!. . .[/size]
Re: True Meaning Of Love by MrsChima1(f): 5:53pm On Nov 20, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]WRONG!

Love has a reason. There must be qualitie you really like for you to conclude you love someone. Saying the reason for loving me is unknown is like saying you can fall in love with a random strnger, since there is no reason for that love!. . .[/size]

You are speaking of conditioned love. Unconditional love is VERY rare and it has no definition.
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2011
[size=14pt]^^^

Could you gimme some examples? cheesy[/size]
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Phate07(m): 6:00pm On Nov 20, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

You are in love huh? tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

No, am not. tongue tongue
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Phate07(m): 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]WRONG!

Love has a reason. There must be qualities you really like for you to conclude you love someone. Saying the reason for loving me is unknown is like saying you can fall in love with a random stranger, since there is no reason for that love!. . .[/size]

As mrs Chima said, unconditional love has no definition. And it is quite spontaneous, only few dare to experience it. As for me, i prefer ADMIRING and LUSTING.
Re: True Meaning Of Love by MrsChima1(f): 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]^^^

Could you gimme some examples? cheesy[/size]

A woman/man loving her/his partner after being raped, beaten, betrayed, mistreated, left for dead, and abandoned and forgave/continue relationship with sincere partner=unconditional love.VERY RARE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

A woman/man loving her/his partner because he/she can protect him/her from Nigerian policemen=conditioned love.  grin grin
Re: True Meaning Of Love by lifestyle1(m): 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]WRONG!

lol  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

sick!
Re: True Meaning Of Love by freecocoa(f): 6:12pm On Nov 20, 2011
Killz I think you are the one getting it wrong here,true there are qualities that will attract you to someone,now if you only love that person because of those qualities, that makes the love conditional but if you look beyond those qualities that is saying,if you can't find those qualities tomorrow,your love for the person still won't waver, then that is love,it happened to me and trust me I know the difference.
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Natasha2(f): 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2011
Phate07:

True meanings of love:

its not love its" LUST"

its not love its "PITY"

[color=#770077]''LOVE is'
when you do not know why you seem to be attracted to a person. Love has it reason and that reason is UNKNOWN,''!!!
tongue tongue

Seconded cool
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

A woman/man loving her/his partner after being violated, beaten, betrayed, mistreated, left for dead, and abandoned and forgave/continue relationship with sincere partner=unconditional love.VERY RARE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

[size=14pt]There must be an explanation. . . I mean, are you saying if i meet someone that just passed thru this phase and ask her:
"Why do you still love him?"
She: "I dont know why i still love him". . . .

Huh? That is psychosis in it's elemental stages. . . There is a reason for sticking to someone in love!. . .[/size]
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 20, 2011
freecocoa:

Killz I think you are the one getting it wrong here,true there are qualities that will attract you to someone,now if you only love that person because of those qualities, that makes the love conditional but if you look beyond those qualities that is saying,if you can't find those qualities tomorrow,your love for the person still won't waver, then that is love,it happened to me and trust me I know the difference.
[size=14pt]It's only a dead man that has no qualities. . .[/size]
Re: True Meaning Of Love by MrsChima1(f): 6:24pm On Nov 20, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]There must be an explanation. . . I mean, are you saying if i meet someone that just passed thru this phase and ask her:
"Why do you still love him?"
She: "I dont know why i still love him". . . .

Huh? That is psychosis in it's elemental stages. . . There is a reason for sticking to someone in love!. . .[/size]

Please do not confuse my posts with OP.  I am speaking of conditioned love versus unconditional love.  

OP illustrated confusion between love and lust and I was speaking of two types of love.  I don't know this unknown poo you are speaking of.  

You have mentioned that people love with reasons and I interjected by saying that's conditioned love.

Stay on path.
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2011
[size=14pt]Conditional Love Vs Unconditional love

Unconditional Love existed because Conditional Love was existent in the first place! Unconditional Love is a precedent of conditional love.

Unconditional love, doesnt exist on it's own. There must be something you love about someone.[/size]
Re: True Meaning Of Love by mashnino(m): 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2011
i luv d write up joor,

unconditional love or conditional,

all na stil love
Re: True Meaning Of Love by MrsChima1(f): 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Conditional Love Vs Unconditional love

Unconditional Love existed because Conditional Love was existent in the first place! Unconditional Love is a precedent of conditional love.

Unconditional love, doesnt exist on it's own. There must be something you love about someone.[/size]

You are speaking of attraction.  You can be attracted to someone and NOT LOVE THEM.  

Attraction and love are two different things.  You are attracted to that person because of A, B, and C but attraction can fade away.  If you are with the person because he or she has a banging body then you will not love the person unconditional because you lack intimacy and bonding with the person.  

Bonding and intimacy keeps couple together forsaking all others that is unconditional love. Sometimes a person may experience the unthinkable but still love that person because of bonding and intimacy.  Once two people are bonded, there are nothing that can break that bond hence unconditional love.
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 20, 2011
[size=14pt]So what is the foundation of Unconditional Love? What brings about bonding? So i cant love someone i'm attracted to? Is attraction limited to a banging body? If someone asks me why i love you Unconditionally, what would my response be?[/size]
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Natasha2(f): 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2011
killz I don't second your post this time,   There's no reason   for love, whereas the qualities of someone can definitely boost the love we feel for them but that doesn't mean those are the reasons why we love them
Re: True Meaning Of Love by MrsChima1(f): 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]So what is the foundation of Unconditional Love? What brings about bonding? So i cant love someone i'm attracted to? Is attraction limited to a banging body? If someone asks me why i love you Unconditionally, what would my response be?[/size]

You missed what Phate and I said moments ago.  Unconditional love has no definition.  If there are reasons then it is conditional love.  

Is it important to know why you love someone?  Is it that serious?
Re: True Meaning Of Love by MrsChima1(f): 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2011
Foundations of healthy relationship/marriage are respect, understanding, compassion, intimacy, and support.

Foundation doesn't contribute to love because you can have respect, understanding, compassion, intimacy, and support without loving that person.

Loveless relationships and marriages are common these days because attraction fades away then people are stuck most times.
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Amya(f): 7:04pm On Nov 20, 2011
I'm with killz on this. Unconditional love is that final stage of love when certain conditions are met. So, conditional leds to unconditional.
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Natasha2(f): 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2011
Amya:

I'm with killz on this. Unconditional love is that final stage of love when certain conditions are met. So, conditional leds to unconditional.
you mind explaining how conditional love leads to unconditional love? cheesy
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Amya(f): 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2011
I've fallen in love twice in my life, the third one's still on the works. On each occassion, there is this meeting of minds, this strong bond, this something you can't explain . . .

If you probably ask me what made me fall in love with them, i probably won't be able to give you a straight answer, cos i seriously don't know. On the face of it, it's just one of those things you can't place your finger to.

But then again, these 3 dudes have something in common ; mad sense of humour. I don't think it's a coincidence that the 3 people i happen to fall in love with my whole life just happen to have over the top sense of humour. Come to think of it, i guess i fell in love with them because of their sense of humour even though i probably never knew it at the time.

You see, conditional, then unconditional.
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Dyt(f): 7:35pm On Nov 20, 2011
D very moment i find out y m so crazy abt dis dude den everyth ends
Re: True Meaning Of Love by freecocoa(f): 7:35pm On Nov 20, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]It's only a dead man that has no qualities. . .[/size]
Bia nwoke'm don't make me talk too much,what I meant is that there are things that can attract you to someone,say physical beauty,what happens when its no longer there?I mean accidents do happen,do you stop loving the person cos he or she is no longer physically beautiful?(I know of one)cases like this do occur. Love doesn't need a reason to want to stay with you,it looks beyond your flaws and still appreciate you.

Oge obula e na eme ka onye selu ife before logging in,don't quote me again o,ike gi adiro'm.
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Natasha2(f): 7:43pm On Nov 20, 2011
Amya:

I've fallen in love twice in my life, the third one's still on the works. On each occassion, there is this meeting of minds, this strong bond, this something you can't explain . . .

If you probably ask me what made me fall in love with them, i probably won't be able to give you a straight answer, cos i seriously don't know. On the face of it, it's just one of those things you can't place your finger to.

But then again, these 3 dudes have something in common ; mad sense of humour. I don't think it's a coincidence that the 3 people i happen to fall in love with my whole life just happen to have over the top sense of humour. Come to think of it, i guess i fell in love with them because of their sense of humour even though i probably never knew it at the time.

You see, conditional, then unconditional.
[b]nah that's what you think you didn't fall for them because of their sense of humour, since you don't really know why, you decided to point this out,

okay lets go through your post again, you said if you asked why you love them at the start you'll probably not have a straight answer, now that's because, you don't have a reason for loving, its unconditional, you don't love the guy because he's funny rather his sense of humour adds a plus to the feelings  you have for him, never mistake this to be the reason why you love your guy. So now you see that's its unconditional first? I'm not saying conditional comes first, its not even on the chat for me, Once there's a condition for loving , then the feeling is definitely not love.    
            Lemme take it a bit far, If I asked you why God loves you will you have an answer to be sincere? That's because the love God has for you is unconditional, you cannot point it to something. If you ask me why I love my bf I'll tell you I don't know, I mean he's not the only guy who wants me, he's not the only guy who is loving and caring so out of all the nice lovable guys why  am I with my bf? I don't have an answer to this because it goes beyond my thoughts and assumptions, but definitely there are things about him I like but I can't say that's the reason why I love him those things only add as a plus, its not the reason behind loving.   [/b]
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Amya(f): 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2011
^^^ can you fall in love with a random guy you meet say on the street? All i mean to say is before that unconditional love must occur, there must be certain things that draw you to him. Could be his personality or even his looks or just the intense chemistry you have. I believe true love grows and does not just happen.
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Natasha2(f): 8:28pm On Nov 20, 2011
Amya:

^^^ can you fall in love with a random guy you meet say on the street? All i mean to say is before that unconditional love must occur, there must be certain things that draw you to him. Could be his personality or even his looks or just the intense chemistry you have. I believe true love grows and does not just happen.
[b]whether true love grows or just happen it doesn't change the fact that its unconditional and that's what I'm trying to say. People fall in love like that, they meet people on the streets and end up falling for them, I can't say yes or no because one thing I know is where you met someone doesn't matter, and we don't have absolute control over who we fall in love with, I didn't know I'll be with my bf in fact I didn't see it coming it was like magic.

People fall in love in different ways, some fall in love with those they've known for long, sometimes you here things like '' how the hell did I wait this long before I saw her when she was always there?'' You hear things like she's marriage material but i don't love her, That's because we don't have absolute control of who we fall in love with, and when we eventually do, if its true then definitely is unconditional. Your good character can draw me to you and even if I fall in love with you it doesn't mean that's  the reason I love you , but definitely it will make me love you more,lets not forget no one is perfect if i have a good side i must definitely have a bad side, If you saw my good side then you definitely saw my bad side too and for the fact that you're able to love me the way i am already shows its unconditional.

So you see its not condition to unconditional because if it was that way then you'll definitely not fall in love truly because we all have bad and good sides,     So if you  say my character made me love you what about my bad sides? will you say you didn't see them? If my good sides made you love me then my bad sides can also make you hate me, but for you to love me with nothing withstanding makes it unconditional. [/b]
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2011
Amya:

kiss kiss kiss [size=14pt]I knew we would agree on something, sooner or later. . .

Now, how come you would like to get to know some one better? What happens to unconditional love then? Why not just fall and follow them instantly? Simply because, love needs to grow. She MUST exhibit certain qualities to make me fall in love with her. . . And then, when those qualities fade, the trust and love that has been built thru conditions, would guide us thru the stages you describe as unconditional. . .

There can be no Unconditional, without Conditional. . .[/size]
Re: True Meaning Of Love by MrsChima1(f): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2011
I see certain people are STILL confusing attraction with unconditional love.  SMH. 

What's up with this "random" people thing?  Aren't people random when you first meet them?

You can't explain/describe intimate intercourse to a virgin.   undecided undecided undecided
Re: True Meaning Of Love by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 20, 2011
[size=14pt]If i meet you, i'll be attracted to you, and then, what next? If i'm not attracted to you in any way, i cant fall in love with you. . .[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whats D Scariest Horror Movie U Have Watched / Is It Bad To Have Sex Infront Of A 2 Yrs Old?? / My First Gee Plus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.