Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,329 members, 7,937,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 10:14 AM

Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos (3054 Views)

‘Osinbajo Is The Chairman Of Short People Association Of Nigeria’ – El-rufai / Osinbajo Is The Current Chairman Of Short People Association Of Nigeria–el Rufai / El Rufai: Osibanjo Is The Chairman Of Short People Association Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Fighttillvictory: 10:39am On May 01
SuperOnyi:

Stop tripping and let them be, I'm tired of people like you making these folks feel like we're after their land or something — they are not more important than any other igboid group that make up the Igbo nation. The united "Igbo" ethnicity we know today is barely 200 years. They can be whatever they want, nobody cares... You just keep creating enemies for us! angry

I am also of that opinion, of ipob and the rest to respect the ethnic groups of biafra.
Of course they can be anything they want i am not asking them to be igbo. Biafra is a nation not an ethnic group, and every nation has more than one groups.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Whalis: 11:02am On May 01
Tochj:

Did you read this rubbish you just wrote before Posting?
So you have Aro in ikwere and still claim that ikwere is not the same with Igbo
What exactly did you smoke?
This is why other Nigerians avoid you people like leprosy. You can imagine an Osu descendant trying to rub his natural inheritance with a blue blood!
Let your iwuanyanwu try to hold that meeting again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Fighttillvictory: 11:02am On May 01
Whalis:

This is the particular reason Buafraud lost the war. When an Igbo man could get to your farm to harvest your crops and tell you that it is Biafran land.
i guess you do have a good time with your herdsmen
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Dream25: 11:23am On May 01
Whalis:

So your conclusion is anyone who says 'bia' is Igbo? Lol! Igbos are one of the most travelled people in Nigeria. They recognized the difference between a Spanish man and Portuguese man despite these people speaking almost the same language. The same applies to Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Also Ukraine and Poland. There is also Malaysia and Indonesian. Even in Nigeria Urhobo and Isoko, Yoruba and Itsekiri. They have no issues that despite these people speaking similar languages that they are not the same people. But wouldn't agree that an Ikwerre man that they do not have any historical ties with is of a distinct ethnic group despite some similarities in languages/words. .
Do you know not all Ikwerres say 'bia' for come?
Lastly, we have not stopped you from denying to be Igbos. We don't know who is Igbo and can't tell anyone he is Igbo. We are not Igbos as you have heard from the apex Ikwerre Socio-cultural organisation.
Your people can also come and say they are not. Ikwerres won't counter it.
Itsekiri are Yoruba people, stop doing nonsense example..
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Sergio103(m): 11:24am On May 01
Whalis:

This is why other Nigerians avoid you people like leprosy. You can imagine an Osu descendant trying to rub his natural inheritance with a blue blood!

Like it or hate it....you will keep arguing and defending this till maybe 100yrs of your life on planet Earth.

Guess what?.....it won't end.

Ever seen IGBOS claiming or trying to relate with ijaw?. We can only fight with them whenever they step in to the land that has something of ours (opobo and Bonny)

Kid..... Ikwere has something of ours. It's more like Aztec gold. It always call on us to be with it. In this case brotherhood is by force!

Our things you have are, culture, language, odinala, and belief. It's always calling on us. Till you shed them off......we won't stop claiming Ikwere as igbos.

And I know you may come up with this thing some of your Ikwere brothers always say here ..."if we can't let Ikwere be, then igbos should accept to be called Ikwere too"

And i tell you.... it's pure gibberish

You count one before two. The River, stream and sea empties to the ocean and not vice versa. So far the ocean is concerned.....it owns the River (no matter the argument)

Till tommorow...... Ikwere is igbo till you shed off our Identity
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Whalis: 11:34am On May 01
Sergio103:

Like it or hate it....you will keep arguing and defending this till maybe 100yrs of your life on planet Earth.

Guess what?.....it won't end.

Ever seen IGBOS claiming or trying to relate with ijaw?. We can only fight with them whenever they step in to the land that has something of ours (opobo and Bonny)

Kid..... Ikwere has something of ours. It's more like Aztec gold. It always call on us to be with it. In this case brotherhood is by force!

Our things you have are, culture, language, odinala, and belief. It's always calling on us. Till you shed them off......we won't stop claiming Ikwere as igbos.

And I know you may come up with this thing some of your Igbo brothers always say here ..."if we can't let Ikwere be, then igbos should accept to be called Ikwere too"

And i tell you.... it's pure gibberish

You count one before two. The River, stream and sea empties to the ocean and not vice versa. So far the ocean is concerned.....it owns the River (no matter the argument)

Till tommorow...... Ikwere is igbo till you shed off our Identity
You can't move faster than your shadow. Science has said I am in no way related to you. We have always invited your types to attend Ogbakor Ikwerre meetings to present this your agenda. Attaching by force. Don't rub on us ur filthy identity. Thanks.
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by payaseriy: 11:35am On May 01
Fighttillvictory:

thanks for the acknowledgement of biafra, but until a referandum says otherwise it is a biafra territory
territory kee u there. Mumu ethnic group. Land grabbers.

U accused the Fulani herdsmen of grabbing ur land nd u are doing dsame to other people.

These people have their own ancestral heritage. The Niger Deltans are independent. It even more culturally correct to say that they are closer to the Yorubas than the Igbos.

It only in death that Niger Deltans will allow those low iq igbo men to rule over them.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Whalis: 11:36am On May 01
Fighttillvictory:

i guess you do have a good time with your herdsmen
They just slaughtered some persons in Enugu days ago. Are you just coming?
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Whalis: 11:39am On May 01
payaseriy:
territory kee u there. Mumu ethnic group. Land grabbers.

U accused the Fulani herdsmen of grabbing ur land nd u are doing dsame to other people.

These people have their own ancestral heritage. The Niger Deltans are independent. It even more culturally correct to say that they are closer to the Yorubas than the Igbos.

It only in death that Niger Deltans will allow those low iq igbo men to rule over them.
Don't mind the silly people. I have always asked them why didn't Asari's grandfather use Ikwerres as slaves? Not all tribes Asari's grandfather used as slaves. He used a specific tribe.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by AfonjaScud: 12:01pm On May 01
LegendHero:
Who is Iwanyanwu?

An obessic, brainless and fooling buffoon with no sense commensurate with his age.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by AfonjaScud: 12:02pm On May 01
Sctests:
This is a good one, we yoruba muslims need to throw an Owambe party for this. 🕺🕺🕺💃💃

grin grin

A mental case.
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by AfonjaScud: 12:05pm On May 01
opamoses1:

Ikwerre and Ibos are calling themselves out, trust an insecure Ibo man to throw Yoruba in the mix.

This one no concern Yoruba people abeg.😂

Like the headless miscreants with comnent above yours.
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by AfonjaScud: 12:08pm On May 01
Sergio103:
Warn those in diaspora too associating themselves to the big umbrella of IGBO too.

Is there anything like "he's of Ikwere tribe of Nigeria in USA or UK"?

Nah!!

I think it's time we start excommunicating them outside Nigeria from us. Go Fûck yourself

You're so pained by your outright rejection. grin
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:12pm On May 01
See Yoruba that dont share border or boundary with Igbo putting mouth in Igbo affairs.

Na wa for this one Nigeria ooOO

Even Northerner is tellus who who are our people. Is that not very funny.

Meanwhile na Benin Language Ikwere and their fellow Igbos they speak here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO4jPtDMaWw&t=348s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU4bv62BrZQ&t=615s

An honest conversation with our Ikwerre people towards the Unification of Ndi Igbo
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Tochj(m): 12:24pm On May 01
Whalis:

I won't come down to gutters with you
If that's what you wanted No
Everyone created by God is unique
My village has wiped out anything like Osu decades ago
You avoid them
But fought bitter civil war to keep those you want to avoid; Ask yourself.
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Whalis: 12:30pm On May 01
Tochj:

I won't come down to gutters with you
If that's what you wanted No
Everyone created by God is unique
My village has wiped out anything like Osu decades ago
You avoid them
But fought bitter civil war to keep those you want to avoid; Ask yourself.
Ikwerres joined the war to liberate themselves from igbo shackles. And after then a stadium was built on Ikwerre land and named Liberation Stadium. And as if this didn't make meaning to your people Wike changed the name to Yakubu Gowon Stadium who led the liberation. An Ikwerre man over his dead body would never accept anything to identify with the Igbos. It won't work.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Sergio103(m): 1:59pm On May 01
AfonjaScud:

You're so pained by your outright rejection. grin

Do I know you?

Bug off!!
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by gidgiddy: 2:05pm On May 01
Bliss4Lyfe:
See Yoruba that dont share border or boundary with Igbo putting mouth in Igbo affairs.

Na wa for this one Nigeria ooOO

Even Northerner is tellus who who are our people. Is that not very funny.

Meanwhile na Benin Language Ikwere and their fellow Igbos they speak here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO4jPtDMaWw&t=348s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU4bv62BrZQ&t=615s

An honest conversation with our Ikwerre people towards the Unification of Ndi Igbo

I liked the way they talked in this video, everyone bared their mind in their dialect, both the Ikwerres, the Isu guy and the guy from Ogba, and understood each other. That Masquerade the Ikwerres of Omarelu have called "Okolosu', is also in Imo, called 'Okolosa' and is also called 'Okolonsha' in Anambra. Just small dialectical change, but the cultural heritage our fore-fathers handed down to us. Agents of division don't know what was said in the video,except where they spoke English, and that's why they are outsiders

At the end of the day, it's all about brotherhood, something money can not buy
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:08pm On May 01
gidgiddy:

I liked the way they talked in this video, everyone bared their mind in their dialect, both the Ikwerres, the Isu guy and the guy from Ogba, and understood each other. That Masquerade the Ikwerres of Omarelu have called "Okolosu', is also in Imo, called 'Okolosa' and is also called 'Okolonsha' in Anambra. Just small dialectical change, but the cultural heritage our fore-fathers handed down to us. Agents of division don't know what was said in the video,except where they spoke English, and that's why they are outsiders

At the end of the day, it's all about brotherhood, something money can not buy

Join to promote the channel. He is doing a good job for Ndiigbo.
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Tranquill: 2:12pm On May 01
Tochj:

Did you read this rubbish you just wrote before Posting?
So you have Aro in ikwere and still claim that ikwere is not the same with Igbo
What exactly did you smoke?

There are a very few Aro settlers in not more than three Ikwerre villages. They came many years ago running away from persecution at the time.

These people are not even up to 150 in total and they know themselves. They are mainly farm helps and restricted from doing many things like the indigenes so how does this make Ikwerre Igbo?
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Tranquill: 2:18pm On May 01
Igbo people will leave matters bedevilling their society and their concern would be about who is accepting or not accepting to be Igbo.

They are the only tribe in the whole world that are deluded to think that they are in an any position to tell anyone who they are.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Anselemchi(m): 3:01pm On May 01
Wa Zo Bia is the major classification of the major tribe in Nigeria
If u speak bia(come) and refuse to identify with those that speak bia and prefer Zo, it's ur problem and foolishness on ur angle, in 2011 Good luck Jonathan wasn't identified as ijaw , Igbos were killed in the northern Nigeria, let alone ikwerre man whose language is 98 percent central Igbo language how do u explain this, ur name, culture and language, don't lose ur identity because of Nigeria political polarisation of d igbos
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Anselemchi(m): 3:02pm On May 01
Tranquill:
Igbo people will leave matters bedevilling their society and their concern would be about who is accepting or not accepting to be Igbo.

They are the only tribe in the whole world that are deluded to think that they are in an any position to tell anyone who they are.
my problem with ur post is that u cant tell me 10 things that makes u to say u re not Igbo but Anambra man, nsuka man or Abakaliki man is
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Topsido(m): 3:04pm On May 01
grin Na Yoruba get their medicine. My lovely Ikwerre people if they continue to disturb you call Oodua line. We got you!
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Topsido(m): 3:12pm On May 01
Meanwhile Kogi State Yoruba and 90% of Kwara Yoruba, Usen in Edo State and Itsekiri in Delta are begging to be joined with their kins in the southwest. This thing no be by noise. If he didn't dey he didn't dey.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by tunjiajayi: 4:58pm On May 01
Fighttillvictory:
Igbo or no igbo you're in a biafra territory

Them go kill una taya.
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Forumites: 5:01pm On May 01
opamoses1:

Ikwerre and Ibos are calling themselves out, trust an insecure Ibo man to throw Yoruba in the mix.

This one no concern Yoruba people abeg.😂
Reno how are you? U don change that your shoe? In case you’ll don’t know. This is Reno omokirikiri monicker.
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Daveconsult007: 3:32pm On May 05
Whalis:

Other Nigerians avoids Igbos?

Bro please come off it.

The ibos are the envy of Nigeria, take away political squabbles, most Nigerians are happy with those people.
I have been across several ethnic groups in Nigeria and beyond to other African countries, Ibos are a pride.

From their business acumen, doggedness ,resilience ,hardwork, innovation those guys are a force...here in Cameroon 🇨🇲 ,as someone a smaller ethnic group, I'm proud to call Ibos my fellow country because the barriers they break across the continent is a thing of pride

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Daveconsult007: 3:43pm On May 05
Rivers States is quite a funny state.

It's a state where every local government is an ethnic group, but regardless i strongly believe these are politically motivated .
Re: Ikwerre People Association Warn Iwuanyanwu To Stop Associating Them With Igbos by Daveconsult007: 3:55pm On May 05
Coming to Igbo denial in Rivers state, basically I don't have a dog in the fight but I'll start taking these guys who go around writing long articles on newspaper including the dude that is running his mouth on this thread serious when I see them going to their respective community shrines to swear or declare that they have nothing to do other Igbos elsewhere

Let them engage it in the true African way.
If they can't this then its all politics and economic survival.

Bottom line, any Uche, Emeka, amadi from Rivers whether ikwerre or not will be treated as an ibo in cross river state or outside Nigeria..

I spent my early days in Rivers state as a non indigenous person , believe we know the ethnography,

Ijaws in the riverlines
Ogonis
And ibos in the upland areas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Elected On The Platform Of Labour Party Joins APC / Is Nigeria A Failed State? / Criticise Yar'adua Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.