Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,870 members, 7,889,910 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:54 AM

GEJ THINKS HE IS A GREAT LEADER ? -Great Leaders Face Stiff Criticism –Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ THINKS HE IS A GREAT LEADER ? -Great Leaders Face Stiff Criticism –Jonathan (775 Views)

PDP Staff Reply Party Leaders: Face Your Corruption Not APC / ABACHA, Our Great Leader! By Wale Salami / Great Leaders In Nigeria's History Before Total Colonisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GEJ THINKS HE IS A GREAT LEADER ? -Great Leaders Face Stiff Criticism –Jonathan by OmoTier1(m): 10:36am On Nov 21, 2011
Great leaders face stiff criticism –Jonathan
From JULIANA TAIWO-OBALONYE, Abuja
Monday, November 21, 2011

More Stories on This Section
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday at the State House chapel celebrated his birthday with thanksgiving to God for keeping him alive. The president, after cutting a cake to celebrate his birthday, also said criticism and opposition were normal, adding that every leader, who had made significant contributions to his people had faced stiff criticism and opposition, and called on Nigerians to continue to pray for the nation.

He regretted that most national issues were politicised, adding that those who deliberately politicized issues were aware of the right thing.“I thank God for keeping me alive to discharge the responsibilities of my office,” he stated, adding that, “when I decided to contest for the position of deputy governor of Bayelsa State, I prepared my mind for any eventuality, and God has been faithful to me.”

Alluding to the criticism that trailed the national honours presented last week, Jonathan said the GCON was awarded to Alhaji Aliko Dangote because he was the highest private sector employer of labour in the country, adding that the claim that the honour was previously reserved only for vice presidents was erroneous.
“Before Aliko, over 75 distinguished Nigerians received the GCON, while Chief Obafemi Awolowo received the GCFR, though he was never a president of Nigeria,” he stated.

Earlier, the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, had read the first lesson, while Navy Capt. Olu Bolade, minister of police affairs read the second lesson.

(1) (Reply)

Other Options To Removing Fuel Subsidy(pls Endure The Long Text) / Bomb In Kadun In Front Of Ma Street / Government High Overhead Caused By Ghost Workers - Okonjo- Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.