Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,655 members, 7,847,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 02:51 AM

Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) (54111 Views)

U.S Troops Told To Stay Alert After Russian Forces Moved In Niger Base (Photos) / Russian Troops Are Raping Women In Ukraine - Dmytro Kuleba (Foreign Minister) / 20 children Die In Maradi School Fire In Niger (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Crafteck1: 9:22am On May 03
CuriousCart:

Well, nobody fears nor respects the US military that's why Russian soldiers brazenly moved into their base.

That's the highest insult of all.
Like a man barging in to run a party with you & your wife on your matrimonial bed.

Lol... This bias hatred and veiw..... Just lol..
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by ruggedtimi(m): 9:36am On May 03
ibechris:

Is America Russia?

Russia has 9% of the world uranium and they are sufficient to cater for its needs.

is out there ..russia's military presence in niger is inreturn for mining license of uranium. And possible to disrupt E.U gasline project from nigeria to Europe.
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Triangles1(m): 9:39am On May 03
BOSSkesh:
Russia will play the same game the Americas and the French played in West Africa
My people are still not wise

I hope they are seeing this.
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Cantonese: 9:40am On May 03
CuriousCart:

I will travel to Russia straight.

Hahahahahahahaha

If dem put you for army, you go shout “abeg make una forgive me”.
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by CuriousCart(f): 9:44am On May 03
Cantonese:

Hahahahahahahaha

If dem put you for army, you go shout “abeg make una forgive me”.

What army?
US forces college kids to join their army.
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by ariesbull: 9:47am On May 03
jaxxy:

How many military regimes make sense?

U are at the mercy of 1 man's feelings or principles on any particular day. He is the law and determiner of ur faith as a people.

Democracy is built on a system that aims to protect ur rights and interests however it is not practiced properly in Africa or Nigeria.

Our version of democracy is corrupt and weak cos of the weak systems to check and correct the wrong actions of individuals in power.
is military the only type of government

Make Una dey reason naaa
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by ariesbull: 9:47am On May 03
Obedience40:

Google the top 20 economies
Even top 50
Countries that practice one form of democracy dominate it

It is because of democracy you can write on a forum like narialand an not be persecuted,
You can critic of your government and not thrown into jail
Go and criticise Putin, Kim, XI and face the wrath of the law

Oya Google am...I no see am
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Bouncing2(m): 9:50am On May 03
They’re looking for an underdeveloped impoverished area to settle their scores 🥲😂😂..

They don’t wanna destroy their civilized communities
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by occfx: 9:56am On May 03
WriterNig:

Credit: Reuters

Niger state and Nigeria should go and share base in Russia and USA too. What are they doing here... I hate double standards
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by paramakina202: 10:04am On May 03
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Don't worry, there will be another military coup that will chase them out like the have done to France, abi? grin grin grin

Cant happen o
Russia army are protecting the gorvernment.
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 10:06am On May 03
ariesbull:
is military the only type of government

Make Una dey reason naaa

we are talk about Niger here or did u specify another type of government to back ur submission?
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Heffalump(m): 10:06am On May 03
OriOko88:
undecided
With the vast area of land in Niger.why the close proximity.

BTW, USA any day anytime twice on Sunday. The amount of money Nigerians in US repatriate home is humongous. Na dem dey save us from hunger in naija. I LOVE USA cool

Don't mind the idiotts shouting Russia! How many of them have applied for visa to go live in Moscow? America remains the most liberal country on earth.
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Obedience40: 10:10am On May 03
CuriousCart:

If they won the two Gulf + Iraqi Wars, why is Iran still reigning supreme in the Gulf?

If they won WWII, show us a US museum holding Hitler's remains.

I'm waiting...

I don't have time for unintelligent mentions
You don't even know that during the time the USA fought the gulf war, Saddam Hussein Iraq was the dominant power in the middle East

And the USA and Iran were ally during the Iraqi Iran war
The Shite takeover of power in Iran brought the end of USA Iran relationships.

IRAN still flies USA made jet's
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Cantonese: 10:23am On May 03
CuriousCart:

What army?
US forces college kids to join their army.

Russian army. Conscription to fight in Ukraine. Dem go send you there.

You are not forced to join the US army. Or do you want to join? It is voluntary to join the American army, just like your country Nigeria. Conscription happens when there is a war or looming war.

If you wan join talk now make we know. No dey for corner dey do eye.
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by CuriousCart(f): 10:27am On May 03
Cantonese:

You are not forced to join the US army. Or do you want to join? It is voluntary to join the American army, just like your country Nigeria. Conscription happens when there is a war or looming war.

No conscripted Russian personnel is fighting in Ukraine, rather, the reverse is the case. Ukraine conscripted their youths to die senselessly which prompted a mass exodus last year.

To update you on things, just last week, Ukraine revoked visa renewals for young men abroad which means their youth must come back to Ukraine to renew visas (join the army) or become illegal migrants in their host countries.

The US featured many conscripted college kids to fight in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria & co. Many died.
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Obedience40: 10:30am On May 03
Cantonese:

Don't waste your TIME on that guy
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Cantonese: 10:41am On May 03
Obedience40:

I don't have time for unintelligent mentions
You don't even know that during the time the USA fought the gulf war, Saddam Hussein Iraq was the dominant power in the middle East

And the USA and Iran were ally during the Iraqi Iran war
The Shite takeover of power in Iran brought the end of USA Iran relationships.

IRAN still flies USA made jet's

Correct.

The Iran / Iraq war ran for eight years with no clear victor. Saddam Hussein showed Iraq then as the regional power, until things turned around in the relationship with the USA. The desire to control the oil resources of Kuwait, while pretentiously claiming Kuwait as Iraqi territory was the catalyst for the downfall of Hussein and Iraq. Hussein thought that claiming Kuwait would help cancel the debt owed Kuwait by Iraq. That move failed woefully. If Hussein got away with the invasion of Kuwait, he would have proceeded with Saudi Arabia, a key ally of the USA, who were also indebted to by the Iraqis. Hussein left the Americans with no choice. Again, in the days of the Cold War, the Iraqis were on the side of the old Soviet Union. They were enemies at that point.

Possession of weapons of mass destruction, refusal to co-operate with weapons inspectors, sponsorship of terrorism and the 9/11 in 2001, informed the invasion of Iraq in 2003 and killing of Hussein The rest is history.

Thank you for reminding me this morning. The events are like yesterday to me.

1 Like

Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Cantonese: 10:47am On May 03
CuriousCart:

No conscripted Russian personnel is fighting in Ukraine, rather, the reverse is the case. Ukraine conscripted their youths to die senselessly which prompted a mass exodus last year.

To update you on things, just last week, Ukraine revoked visa renewals for young men abroad which means their youth must come back to Ukraine to renew visas (join the army) or become illegal migrants in their host countries.

The US featured many conscripted college kids to fight in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria & co. Many died.

Oga, oga, oga, how many times I call you so? Wetin you no know na im pass you.

Do you know what it means by conscription? If you do how then are you not aware of what’s going on with Russian troops?

I know much more than you. I know what you do not know. You are free to ask me questions. I will happily answer you, my young friend.
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Nazgul: 11:25am On May 03
GloriousGbola:
You want them to fight and get it over with?
Lol this movie. cheesy

Let them fight biko. They should stop making noise like women
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Obedience40: 11:26am On May 03
Cantonese:

Correct.

The Iran / Iraq war ran for eight years with no clear victor. Saddam Hussein showed Iraq then as the regional power, until things turned around in the relationship with the USA. The desire to control the oil resources of Kuwait, while pretentiously claiming Kuwait as Iraqi territory was the catalyst for the downfall of Hussein and Iraq. Hussein thought that claiming Kuwait would help cancel the debt owed Kuwait by Iraq. That move failed woefully. If Hussein got away with the invasion of Kuwait, he would have proceeded with Saudi Arabia, a key ally of the USA, who were also indebted to by the Iraqis. Hussein left the Americans with no choice. Again, in the days of the Cold War, the Iraqis were on the side of the old Soviet Union. They were enemies at that point.

Possession of weapons of mass destruction, refusal to co-operate with weapons inspectors, sponsorship of terrorism and the 9/11 in 2001, informed the invasion of Iraq in 2003 and killing of Hussein The rest is history.

Thank you for reminding me this morning. The events are like yesterday to me.

100% correct
For once someone who knows history
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by mbos: 11:28am On May 03
bow to an inferior....what a travesty
muyico:
Russia must bow 4 GREAT AMERICAN?
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by mbos: 11:31am On May 03
like a landlord when you give ur tenant notice, he is entitled to months or in this case few years ...to dismantle , park and leave like the french colonial masters.....
oluwaseyi0:
But I thought Niger already asked US army to leave?
Do they refuse to go or Niger changed it's mirsnd
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Dicoomoba: 11:54am On May 03
Onyedikachi231:
The hopeless clueless and worthless gullible muslims pitching Russia against the west is taught world politics, they think it is Nigeria were the meaningless religion dictates how their brain sends electric pulses through their neurones.

I keep telling them islam played them dirty, they should actually be applying penis enlargement cream on their brain but they keep playing with their brains believing the wordings of a nymphomaniac paedophile, waiting for one Mahdi that will kill us the infidels just the wey they murdered Deborah in Sokoto, na same idiotic principle hamas go price Israel but Israel told them that when Grandpa cries for blood, Orders ceases to Be orders.

Idiotic bastards.

I saw one islamic idiot even seeing how they were snapping selfies, he thinks these guys have the dumb skull of the fake arse dumb skull mohammed.

I want to ask you one very simple honest cheap question that needs a frank honourable honest cheap Yes or No, which if you don't answer thunder will fire your mama and papa combined and if you are a muslim, Mohammed go collect stray bullet.

If the US gives you green card, will you reject it?

People watch top Notch hypocrisy manifest but thunder just dey dey laugh cos food don ready.

Poverty in your family has made you think only green card can do it , kid wise up and learn before you open your smelling mouth wua
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by fxexperts: 11:56am On May 03
ibechris:
Russia does not need ur natural resources but France and America.

Africa needs Russia now than ever.
This guy here does not think i guess. Russia that makes money mostly for selling natural resources are the ones you say do not need yopur natural resources you guys are a huge joke.

Nwaokunkpara:
I wonder why people don't see anything wrong with the US

So in your mind Russia is the one nothing is wrong with. no wonder your continent is a shithole and will forever remain a shithole continent.

Bouncing2:
They’re looking for an underdeveloped impoverished area to settle their scores 🥲😂😂..

They don’t wanna destroy their civilized communities
You are right though, and only a foolish child will bring an ant infested firewood home.

ruggedtimi:
is out there ..russia's military presence in niger is inreturn for mining license of uranium. And possible to disrupt E.U gasline project from nigeria to Europe.
At the bolded, that is just the truth and nothing but the whole truth. but too bad most Africans are just too dumb to realize it. we are about to be positioned as a continent to enjoy the wealth Russian use to enjoy but taking their place as the largest oil and gas exporter to Europe and I never expected the Russians to fold their arm and watch in silence, but Africans are so dumb they can't see the handwriting on wall.
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Jovi10: 12:16pm On May 03
Konquest:

I CLEARLY stated my VALID opinion here based on what I have personally witnessed for many decades of being on this planet and that should be respected! My last post was very succinct and had nothing to do with being sentimental like you incorrectly stated.

For your information, I'm well-read in terms of history and international affairs aside from being a globally well-traveled man. Your last paragraph was completely needless and insulting as you and I have NEVER meet before for you to come to the conclusion that I don't read or was being sentimental. Do you think everyone here is a young ignorant person born in the 1980s or 1990s or 2000s? I don't even recall having any conversation together with you since I originally joined NL in 2005.

I have personal magazines and books from the pre-1960s, 1960s, 1970s, right through to the 1980s in my personal home library, so, I know full well that the USSR was very active in promoting communism in several countries during the Cold War years. But it's all been a case of self-interests all the way on all sides in the area of international politics and military interventions. I'll stop here as I do NOT have the time to linger on this topic.

I'm sorry if you feel insulted, that was not my intention. Back to the matter, so what's Russias interest in Africa? It definitely can't be resources, so if it's not resources then what?
Influence in my opinion, Russia wants to have more influence and economic trade and to majorly break the influence of reduce the influence of western countries. Is this good for Africa? Yes it's very good for us because we have not gained anything from the USA if we have kindly point out one economic or infrastructural benefit any African country has gained from the USA?

Russia is pushing the world towards multipolar world order which is what the world needs.

1 Like

Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Jovi10: 12:18pm On May 03
ruggedtimi:
historian...that picture has been debunked. Putin was not a soldier but he worked for KGB in the 80s. At the time stated in pic,it was taken when putin was still in the university.
Also outside training offered to Mozambican freedom fighters in camps in Tanzania was largely conducted by Chinese instructors, not Soviet ones
And calculating his age by then he couldnt have been a senior officer to lead such delegations.
Further more, the zimbawean president Emerson Mnangagwa was serving a ten years prison term on the date stated.

Bro both U.s and russia are only in africa for our natural resources. For Russia is mostly Gold and Uranium.

The picture my not the real but historically the USSR helped African nations fight for their independence. Ethiopia was never colonized but because they could stand alone, it was because they had help from the USSR. Russia has gold, Russia has uranium so why would they need that of Africa?
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by ruggedtimi(m): 12:22pm On May 03
Jovi10:

The picture my not the real but historically the USSR helped African nations fight for their independence. Ethiopia was never colonized but because they could stand alone, it was because they had help from the USSR. Russia has gold, Russia has uranium so why would they need that of Africa?
america is almost rich with all the resources yet they still source from outside. Russia might be rich on uranium, but uranium deposit is one of the reason why they are in niger. Possible to sabotage France uranium supplies, since Niger was france primary source of uranium. Russia military in CAR have been exporting Gold and diamond in the Central african republic without paying tax back to the govt, there has been reported clashes between wagner groups in CAR and local rebel groups over minning sites... Sanctions on russia govt will make them to explore other means of earning wealth.
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Softing(m): 12:25pm On May 03
Mk them use you do slave trade now. Shey your sense dey gutter. As Niger they work for good governance Dey pain you.
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by mbos: 12:30pm On May 03
yes just like urs
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Russia is a very useless country
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 12:38pm On May 03
mbos:
yes just like urs
Respect your self oh, something dey worry you?
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Jovi10: 1:07pm On May 03
ruggedtimi:
america is almost rich with all the resources yet they still source from outside. Russia might be rich on uranium, but uranium deposit is one of the reason why they are in niger. Possible to sabotage France uranium supplies, since Niger was france primary source of uranium. Russia military in CAR have been exporting Gold and diamond in the Central african republic without paying tax back to the govt, there has been reported clashes between wagner groups in CAR and local rebel groups over minning sites... Sanctions on russia govt will make them to explore other means of earning wealth.

Please where's the article and link to this Russia exporting gold without paying tax please. I'll like to read it.
Re: Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) by Ghostagain: 2:03pm On May 03
Obedience40:

Look at this boy
In My original post did I say the USA won ww2 in Europe??.
I only said the USA won the war in the Normandy landings in France a theatre in ww2

You seem to not understand the meaning of the words which you use.
This is what you said:
Obedience40:

I am ashamed of you but more ashamed for the people who like your post.

The USA won the two gulf war's
Won the pacific theatre of ww2 against the imperial Japanese empire
Won in the European theatre with the Normandy landings in France
Won the Iraqi war

Are you schizophrenic?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chinese Man Sues Wife For Ugly Children! / Sierra-Leonean Minister Konomany, Backing Her Baby While Working In Office (Pic) / Speaker Nancy Pelosi Visits Taiwan (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.