Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,750 members, 7,935,227 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 02:45 AM

Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy (21878 Views)

Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov / Edo Assembly Serves Gov Obaseki’s Deputy, Philip Shaibu Impeachment Notice / Why Oshiomhole Wants Direct Primary Election – Shaibu, Obaseki’s Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 4:17pm On May 04
Hespee93:

Is this how delusional you're.

Osho baba isncurrently a senator.

Look for your type to discuss with. I don't debate or discuss with nonentities and illiterates.
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by Afamed: 4:30pm On May 04
Was he also begged to run as Deputy during their second tenure?
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by Biofil84(m): 4:39pm On May 04
grin. Mr shaibu rest ooo
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by Jonjam269: 4:39pm On May 04
Benwems:
Watch how yoruba people will start insulting this man because him and obaseki fought Oshiomole and won and because they also said lagos is not edo. So really, who have hatred in them? Is it Igbo or Yoruba ?
Some yorubas will even claim to be in Edo state, meanwhile they are in osun or ekiti just to insult this man.
You couldn't do without dragging your master and tormentor the great Yoruba race to all your miseries and troubles. You loser!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by bibelo: 4:42pm On May 04
chiboycue:

If I were Philip Shaibu, I would have been loyal to Obaseki to the end in order to completed my tenure as deputy governor of Edo State and then vie for the senator of my constituency subsequently
Must every Governor or deputy Governor go and die in the Senate? Can't they go to their private lives and leave the stage completely.
All governor's and deputy Governor going to the Senate are all thieves that can't survive without government money
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by Theoarhics: 4:44pm On May 04
This homeboy you always talk about doesn't equate to competence. You can be an homeboy and still be incompetent and stupid. Enough with the homeboy statement, it's getting boring .
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by Theoarhics: 4:47pm On May 04
Even the legacy PDP that Shaibu is claiming alliance with knows that he stupid and his ambition to become governor is a white elephant project. They just need him now to add to the crowd of unfortunate opposition amongst PDP against Obaseki. After now them go tell am the truth.
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by samwash(m): 4:49pm On May 04
Afamed:
Was he also begged to run as Deputy during their second tenure?

When he & Obaseki decamp from APC to PDP, one condition PDP gave them was to drop his Deputy (Shaibu) so that PDP could give Obaseki another Deputy, but he forgot how Obaseki take fight for ham.
Shaibu was just too greedy about his governorship aspirations, nobody actually hated him. He nor want wait for him time.

1 Like

Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by Femeazy(m): 4:51pm On May 04
Used and discarded.
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by gaddafe(m): 4:58pm On May 04
The last sentence he said is true. What we have is foreigners ruling the state. Once their tenure ends they pack their bags and leave you in whatever misery they've put you in. However shuaibu was a serious disappointment. I had high hopes for him
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by jamesversion: 5:02pm On May 04
justified007:
MEN ..please work hard oo there is a BIG different between meet my LOVELY HUSBAND and my husband is there
6KJTZX2

6KJWTVP

6KJYGRH

HJK don cut your game. grin
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by sparko1(m): 5:19pm On May 04
ThiefnubuBandit:
Edo can never be Lagos. Oshiomhole and APC will never smell power in Edo State again.

Oshiomhole is still in power, representing edo north, except you mean the governorship, which if you look at it will most likely go their way.

1. The issue of his deputy should have been managed properly, now, they have both Oshiomhole and Deputy to contend with.

2. The deputy has a loyal following something they should have put into consideration.

3. LP candidate is a write off, the name betrayed him and there's no coming back from that.

4. The fact that PDP's candidate can hardly speak his language and not a grassroot politician makes it worse.
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by rolams(m): 5:21pm On May 04
chiboycue:

If I were Philip Shaibu, I would have been loyal to Obaseki to the end in order to completed my tenure as deputy governor of Edo State and then vie for the senator of my constituency subsequently

I swear!
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by oluwaahmed: 5:29pm On May 04
Stupid aye. See as jew mumu you
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by gbengayandipo20: 5:33pm On May 04
Shaibu is a liar o. You accepted to be deputy and when Oshiomole started having issues with the governor you started abusing and insulting Oshiomole to please the governor thinking he would hand over to you. You even went to Abuja to submit petition against Oshiomole that he should be arrested. Why didn't you mention the number of times governor have you Acting governor and how much you made even the amount he gave you to build stadium, money for Sports festival etc and how the governor insisted you must be his running mate in 2020 for second term 🤣

1 Like

Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by honour7: 5:36pm On May 04
Oghighirhighi:
Philip Shuaibu decided to swim against the tide by stupidly insisting on being the next governor against the bold rotation understanding that an Esan son is the next governor. He is lucky that Obaseki is too soft,after all Adams his new found saviour rubbished Odubu his deputy over mild issues.

Please say what you know, it was Obaseki that rubbished Odubu. Odubu was compensated with the head Of NDDC, it was Obaseki that made sure he was removed.
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by AbujaLagos: 5:50pm On May 04
ThiefnubuBandit:
Edo can never be Lagos. Oshiomhole and APC will never smell power in Edo State again.
edo don turn Lagos grin verified
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by humility33(m): 6:13pm On May 04
SoNature:
It seems there's an unwritten rule among governors not to let their deputies become governors. Philip Shaibu was loyal to Godwin Obaseki and even followed him to the PDP when he clashed with Adams Oshiomhole.

You guys are so ignorant and don't know anything about edo politics

We have 3 senatorial zones in edo state with over 7 tribes. We have never had tribal fight and we always rotate the governorship seat amongst the 3 senatorial zone

So u expect us to allow shuabu to be governor? When edo central have not produced a Governor since 1999?

How daft are you?
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by humility33(m): 6:16pm On May 04
softtorce:
But he was not selfish when against all odds he supported Obaseki second term bid ba ?!

You're not from Edo State and u are not based there

We have never had tribal fight in edo state and it is the only heterogeneous state where only one or two ethnic group don't colonize power. We rotate it

So shuabu can cry a river we've moved on
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by Viktori(m): 6:16pm On May 04
Matheusmartin:
Obaseki rose to power on the mantra of 'say no to Godfatherism'.
But look at him today.
Yeye people.

Oshiomole equally rose to power on the mantra of "One Man one vote" but look at him today... We know what happened in 2011 for his second term and Buhari's two terms. This game should be balanced.

Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by thomasjoe(m): 6:16pm On May 04
Yes ...
Edo no be Lagos ...
Your post reveals that you still feel pained by the fact that Edo no he Lagos ... but Edo will still never ever be Lagos despite all your feelings and current happenings.
We like am so ...Edo no be Lagos , we have zero tolerance for bullies and intimidation

JAMO84:
Edo no be Lagos don dey see Shege

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by humility33(m): 6:18pm On May 04
chiboycue:

Dude can never unseat oshomhole

He can't win his local government sef

He doesn't have a political weight
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by safariman(m): 6:43pm On May 04
Tochj:

I got the point now
It's very wrong for Shaibu being from oshomole side to take power
What happens to Edo central

Why must everything be turn by turn?? Let's put the best person up there and not a mediocre person because he/she its from Edo Central or its their turn. This is what breeds corruption, Edo Central people will now be expecting monies to flow to them just because their son/daughter is now the governor not based on capability. There should never be an Emilokan type of governance, it should be based on merit, I think we may still be too young as a nation to practice democracy coupled with the Nigeria's tribal factor or way of doing things which have been engrained or etched in us.
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 6:59pm On May 04
Was he begged to betray Oshimole.
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by Eriokanmi: 7:18pm On May 04
JAMO84:
Edo no be Lagos don dey see Shege
That still doesn't make edo to be the same as lagos..His points were clear. Can any of the lagos past or present deputy governors have such an audacity to talk to Tinubu this way? That's boldness. Edo can never be lagos. Lagos shall be free someday.

When I said Shaibu was a grassroots politician, who was catalyst to obaseki's 2 term victory, some naive guys here lashed out. I wish the pdp well. They'd learn a great lesson for allowing obaseki impose on them who to succeed him. I don't see shaibu joining the apc either

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by Lumarstone: 7:23pm On May 04
The last kick of a dyeing fabric horse.
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by Loonyy(m): 7:59pm On May 04
SoNature:
It seems there's an unwritten rule among governors not to let their deputies become governors. Philip Shaibu was loyal to Godwin Obaseki and even followed him to the PDP when he clashed with Adams Oshiomhole.

Loyal to Obaseki yes

But to say even followed to PDP

Is a big understatement

Obaseki Made a bold statement by crossing over to Pdp with his deputy

I remembered Pdp gave a condition of appointing deputy den

But some were made and d rest is History

Philip felt he was on top d game Bcux d governor looked docile

But there is a rotational formula in place n no 1 is above the law
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by Loonyy(m): 7:59pm On May 04
SoNature:

Loyal to Obaseki yes

Is a big understatement

But there is a rotational formula in place n no 1 is above the laaw
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by Loonyy(m): 8:00pm On May 04
SoNature:

Loyal to Obaseki yes

Is a big understatement

But there is a rotational formula in place n no 1 is above the law
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by Kaptainkoko: 8:18pm On May 04
[quote author=Benwems post=129781254]Watch how yoruba people will start insulting this man because him and obaseki fought Oshiomole and won and because they also said lagos is not edo. So really, who have hatred in them? Is it Igbo or Yoruba ?
Some yorubas will even claim to be in Edo state, meanwhile they are in osun or ekiti just to insult this man.[/quote

Try to take your drugs before commenting sometimes
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by NaijaphiliaBlog: 8:52pm On May 04
siant:
Ija lo de t'orin d' owe.

Apt proverb!

Ìjà ló dé t'orín d'òwe = It was an altercation that transmogrified erstwhile mellifluous ballads into now lugubrious apothegms.
Re: Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy by Yelight(m): 9:27pm On May 04
Oga Shaibu we don hear, tell us another thing. You were forced to be deputy and Edo need homeboy governor, noted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Looters Funding Biafra, Boko Haram, Restructuring Agitation - Magu / "Jonathan's Aide Took 10 Suitcases Of Hard Currency Into His Inner Room" - EFCC / Akeredolu: Agboola Ajayi Is A Neophyte, Nincompoop (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.