Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,850 members, 7,942,134 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 09:20 PM

I Want To Start Developing Mobile Phone Games For Android What Should I Learn? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Start Developing Mobile Phone Games For Android What Should I Learn? (851 Views)

Developing Mobile Apps With Flutter: 2023 Free Training For Mobile Enthusiasts / How To Start Developing Java Programs And Apps In Fedora / Guys Where Can I Learn Python In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: I Want To Start Developing Mobile Phone Games For Android What Should I Learn? by lovediehatelive(m): 9:32pm On May 18
Unbiased1:

Developing any AA game can get pretty expensive. Let me highlight some things you should take note of to develop a football game or any other top game:

1) You will require a license to use the real names of footballers, clubs and stadiums which is damn expensive. When dream league was launched for the first time, they didn't use real names of football clubs and players due to the license required.

2) You will need a skilled work force. I'm talking about 3D modellers, programmers, markerters etc. You may not be able to build a full fledge football game all by yourself. Even if you are a skilled 3D modeller, you will get exhausted quickly except you intend to spend 25 years building a single game alone. Now you understand why there are only 2 major football games in the world: PES and EA FIFA. E no easy at all.

3) High graphics 3D games require detailed 3D models which will cost you money. For a football game, you realize that each club has up to 22 players, and each league has between 16 - 20 clubs. You may also need to model at least 10 stadiums, referees, coaches etc. You can either spend months upon months modelling these models yourself or assemble a team of designers to model them and you have to pay them per hour or you can buy some of the models which can be cheaper than paying salaries but, you may not get the exact model design you want and it's difficult to get detailed and quality models for free.

3) You need a powerful computer with high-end dedicated graphics cards to work efficiently. If you are working with Unreal Engine, you will surely require a very powerful graphics card to render the kind of game you are planing to build. GPUs can be very expensive to purchase.

4) You need to learn how to program in C# if you intend to use Unity 3D game engine or learn C++ if you intend to use the more powerful Unreal Engine. Games like PES and PUBG were built with Unreal Engine and you need to learn Unreal Engine blueprints and C++ programing language to build your game using it.

I would advice you start by buying a gaming laptop and start learning how to build a small game just to get familiar with the game development process. Learn how to model with Blender (free) or Maya (paid), Cinema 4D (paid) etc. Learn how to use a game engine. The most popular game engines are Unity 3D and Unreal Engine. Unreal Engine tends to pull more computer power though but games created with Unreal Engine are usually very realistic. Infact some designers recently used Unreal Engine for hyper realistic movie creation, that's how good Unreal Engine has gotten.

Get familiar with C# and C++ programming languages. You can find tutorials on YouTube and Udemy.

Notice I did not cover marketing and creativity and the issue of if your game will even be accepted by the public. These issues should be left for another day.
Re: I Want To Start Developing Mobile Phone Games For Android What Should I Learn? by lovediehatelive(m): 9:42pm On May 18
Unbiased1:

Developing any AA game can get pretty expensive. Let me highlight some things you should take note of to develop a football game or any other top game:

1) You will require a license to use the real names of footballers, clubs and stadiums which is damn expensive. When dream league was launched for the first time, they didn't use real names of football clubs and players due to the license required.

2) You will need a skilled work force. I'm talking about 3D modellers, programmers, markerters etc. You may not be able to build a full fledge football game all by yourself. Even if you are a skilled 3D modeller, you will get exhausted quickly except you intend to spend 25 years building a single game alone. Now you understand why there are only 2 major football games in the world: PES and EA FIFA. E no easy at all.

3) High graphics 3D games require detailed 3D models which will cost you money. For a football game, you realize that each club has up to 22 players, and each league has between 16 - 20 clubs. You may also need to model at least 10 stadiums, referees, coaches etc. You can either spend months upon months modelling these models yourself or assemble a team of designers to model them and you have to pay them per hour or you can buy some of the models which can be cheaper than paying salaries but, you may not get the exact model design you want and it's difficult to get detailed and quality models for free.

3) You need a powerful computer with high-end dedicated graphics cards to work efficiently. If you are working with Unreal Engine, you will surely require a very powerful graphics card to render the kind of game you are planing to build. GPUs can be very expensive to purchase.

4) You need to learn how to program in C# if you intend to use Unity 3D game engine or learn C++ if you intend to use the more powerful Unreal Engine. Games like PES and PUBG were built with Unreal Engine and you need to learn Unreal Engine blueprints and C++ programing language to build your game using it.

I would advice you start by buying a gaming laptop and start learning how to build a small game just to get familiar with the game development process. Learn how to model with Blender (free) or Maya (paid), Cinema 4D (paid) etc. Learn how to use a game engine. The most popular game engines are Unity 3D and Unreal Engine. Unreal Engine tends to pull more computer power though but games created with Unreal Engine are usually very realistic. Infact some designers recently used Unreal Engine for hyper realistic movie creation, that's how good Unreal Engine has gotten.

Get familiar with C# and C++ programming languages. You can find tutorials on YouTube and Udemy.

Notice I did not cover marketing and creativity and the issue of if your game will even be accepted by the public. These issues should be left for another day.

Obob..

Their is lots of work to be done o.

But I won't think about license and all that for now.

Just learning the basics of creating a football game

Will begin with simple games and an engine that consumes less power, less resources.

Then be learning the advanced stuff little by little

(1) (2) (Reply)

Xss Hole Is Not A Threat To A Language Is A Threat To All, Cross Site Scripting. / How To Query A Database Using Select With Mysql / Help With Database Development.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.