Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,136 members, 7,890,839 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:36 PM

Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped (10006 Views)

Thief Caught And Tied In Abuja (Photo) / ‘the Police Arrested Me, Tied Me To Their Van And Shot Me Over N40' / Photos Of A Thief Caught, Beaten And Tied-up In My Area At Night. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 21, 2011
heard this this morning on smooth FM

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/robbers-lay-siege-ojodu-kill-1

Robbers lay siege at Ojodu, kill 1

The online editor of DailyTimes was also robbed and beaten up in the operation which lasted for hours
Article | November 21, 2011 - 6:53am | By Emmanuel Chidiogo

The online editor of DailyTimes was robbed in the early hours of Saturday. Cheta Nwanze, who lives in the Ojodu area of Lagos, had his car stolen as well as his laptop computer and other valuables.

To add to his ordeal, he was beaten up by the robbers, tied up and dumped in a primary school nearby.

The robbers had started their operation earlier that night on Aina Street, Ojodu and had free rein to operate for hours. Nwanze's landlord, Alhaji Abiola Sani, had reported the presence of robbers in
the area to the Lagos State Rapid Response Squad, but no one came for hours.

Eventually, some policemen from the Ojodu police station arrived but by that time, the robbers were nowhere to be found. The police left after concluding that the robbers had gone.

No sooner had the police departed than the robbers reemerged and began firing at Alhaji Sani's residence. They emptied entire magazines on the place and in the process, Alhaji Sani's wife was hit in the arm.

A resident of Aina Street, a doctor whose identity is yet to be released, was returning from his night shift and ran into the robbers. They promptly emptied bullets into his car and killed him on the spot.

Nwanze, who all this time was hostage in the primary school , eventually managed to make his escape at dawn. The robbers, meanwhile, were involved in a gun battle with the police along the Berger roadafter which they made good their escape. None of them was harmed.

sorry, man
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by gists: 9:28pm On Nov 21, 2011
Well, can we still say the slogan Eko o ni baje ooo
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by aljharem3: 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2011
I feel sorry for the state of security in Nigeria and especially Lagos

Chxta, I pray Allah would return ur valuables for you back in folds.
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by gigabytes: 10:36am On Nov 22, 2011
[flash=200,200]http://The robbers had started their operation earlier that night on Aina Street, Ojodu and had free rein to operate for hours. Nwanze's landlord, Alhaji Abiola Sani, had reported the presence of robbers in
the area to the Lagos State Rapid Response Squad, but no one came for hours.

Eventually, some policemen from the Ojodu police station arrived but by that time, the robbers were nowhere to be found. The police left after concluding that the robbers had gone.

No sooner had the police departed than the robbers reemerged and began firing at Alhaji Sani's residence. They emptied entire magazines on the place and in the process, Alhaji Sani's wife was hit in the arm.[/flash]

God will help us.
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by Wexelion(m): 10:37am On Nov 22, 2011
I think the police were involved in this robbery.
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by heynew: 10:45am On Nov 22, 2011
Wexelion:

LOL
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by ideylaff: 10:57am On Nov 22, 2011
No sooner had the police departed than the robbers reemerged and began firing at Alhaji Sani's residence. They emptied entire magazines on the place and in the process, Alhaji Sani's wife was hit in the arm

Dear Lord, please help this country, revive our leaders to wake up 4rm their slumber. Amen

This is getting too much

A resident of Aina Street, a doctor whose identity is yet to be released, was returning from his night shift and ran into the robbers. They promptly emptied bullets into his car and killed him on the spot.

May His Soul Rest In Peace, what a pity and may GOD heal, protect and provide for the people he has left behind. Amen
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by ollystic: 11:01am On Nov 22, 2011
Its so painful to Hear about the Live Lost , It will be a Great pain to the Family of the Deceased , May the Lord Give them the Fortitude to bear the Loss and To Cheta May the Lord replace his Lost items in and He should be Thankful he Wasnt Killed , And To the Police , they are Nothing But Fools , They Will never Show Up until Robbers are gone but if it was to be a yahoo Boy they Will be there in just a Min , All the Ojodu  Police Station Police men Does is to Chase Yahoo Boys and Harass Innocent People On the Street Every Day , They Move in a Public transport bus and Some in their Patrol Van Doing nothing to Secure the Environ but Looking for preys to Feed on and Fill their own pocket , May God help us in this Country , Amen !!!
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by expert555: 11:14am On Nov 22, 2011
There are too many things wrong with the Nigeria state. The main thing is we are not capable of running a country. We will remain in darkness as long as man kind lasted on the face of earth. I don't want to engaged police bashing because there are too many other issues. A country where a rag-bag bunch of untrained BK haram sect scared the GOC from celebrating independence at a place where is normally held is not idea country. You have to stay and live of the country to see what is wrong with us, I'm sorry.
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by ochizo(m): 11:43am On Nov 22, 2011
Wexelion:

yes that's true. the police men were involved in it.
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by 9jauk: 11:46am On Nov 22, 2011
I need reasons to relocate to 9ja, deluded state.
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by otokx(m): 11:49am On Nov 22, 2011
Is it by force?
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by Afam4eva(m): 11:59am On Nov 22, 2011
I think every Nigerian should be armed because it's obvious the police cannot protect Nigerians.
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by brainpulse: 12:06pm On Nov 22, 2011
And Jonatin was celebrating his birthday amidst the state of insecurity and terror in this nation. He feels and shows less concern about it. This is egregious.
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by slex(m): 12:10pm On Nov 22, 2011
how did the robbers know it was alhaji that reported ?the police were in involved no doubt
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:10pm On Nov 22, 2011
If things are done the right way, whoever is the head of the cowardly police unit concerned should be called to account for why his men turned up hours late, and only after the robbers had robbed to their hearts content. If he cannot give a plausible answer, he should be sacked on the spot. If you don't have the liver and don't know what's involved in joining the police force, then find another job for chrissake!!! The first thing on these cowards mind when applying to join the police in Nigeria is certainly not service and being prepared to pay the ultimate sacrifice if need be; it's got more to do with making money.

My blood boils everytime i hear stories of robbers having free reign to operate, and police only turning up hours after the robbery has occured asking 'where dem dey, where dem dey', safe in the knowledge that said robbers are probably miles away at that point in time.

The reorganisation and adequate renumeration of the police force should be placed on the front burner by government, b'cos there can be no development and investment in the economy if there's no security.
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by brainpulse: 12:14pm On Nov 22, 2011
Its so bad on how will can save and keep stolen wealths and riches that could affect generations positively and how we can't do everything possible to keep and preserve inrecoverable life. cry
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by Ihengote: 12:26pm On Nov 22, 2011
Nwanze's landlord, Alhaji Abiola Sani, had reported the presence of robbers in
the area to the Lagos State Rapid Response Squad, but no one came for hours

No sooner had the police departed than the robbers reemerged and began firing at Alhaji Sani's residence. They emptied entire magazines on the place and in the process, Alhaji Sani's wife was hit in the arm.

Imagin,
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 22, 2011
Nigerian police bunch of dweebs in black, if its to collect 20naira frm commercial vehicles they will b faster dan d speed of light n shameless in d act, causing unnecessary go-slow. this is not new as dose so called dweebs in black collect settlements frm d robbers afta d mission, GOD help d NPF, R.I.P     angry
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by brainpulse: 12:52pm On Nov 22, 2011
And the police chief was giving an award. for wat?
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by pynkspyce: 12:55pm On Nov 22, 2011
Just sad on all levels.
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by mekaboy(m): 1:22pm On Nov 22, 2011
nigerian police- it sounds like they were the robbers, they robbed, when the landlord called them, they went to change to their uniform and came, then went back and change and started shooting at the man that called them.

every area should have their own localy armed vigillante security, we dont have need for these criminals or uniform.
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 1:27pm On Nov 22, 2011
Ihengote:

Nwanze's landlord, Alhaji Abiola Sani, had reported the presence of robbers in
the area to the Lagos State Rapid Response Squad, but no one came for hours

Imagin,
see wickedness. Maybe one of the policemen informed theobbers or even dem members and they decided to teach the landlord a lesson
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by Pennywise(m): 1:30pm On Nov 22, 2011
The Government, the man in the street infact everyone knows that Nigeria does not have enough policemen. We have a population of almost 200 million yet the number of policemen is 300,000. Now if u remove all the ghost workers on police payroll, discount those doing domestic duties for public office holders, you will get a number closer to 200,000.

The solution to this problem lies in State police. States should be allowed to employ train and equip their own police force. The fear that Nigeria will break up on account of this is complete hogwash. How many innocent lives like that of the young man above need to be wasted.

These are some of the key issues confronting Nigeria that requires bold, prompt and decisive leadership not for a clueless and weak individual.
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by Baawaa(m): 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2011
If will get the contents of this story right,police have case to answer!!
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by DeepSoul(f): 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2011
And yet the police chief was recently one of those given National Award. Pity

I think it's time Nigerians start getting gun licenses to protect themselves oh!

The Nigerian Police is not to be trusted. Every single day, I hear robbery stories out of Lagos. Na wa!
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by jidewin(m): 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2011
Its very clear and glaring,
How did the robbers knew who blew the whistle on them?
The men of SARS came after hours of free operation and no sooner had they left,the robbers re-emerged again.
do you supposes Nigerian police are your friends?
When they ask the public for useful information to tackle criminals and crime,its the same policemen that will eventually revealed the whistle blower to the same gang.
This is amongst the many reason why citizens must DEFEND themselves.ARM your selves.Robbers are not spirits but mortals like you and I.
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by eros(m): 4:48pm On Nov 22, 2011
Nwanze's landlord, Alhaji Abiola Sani, had reported the presence of robbers in the area to the Lagos State Rapid Response Squad, but no one came for hours. Eventually, some policemen from the Ojodu police station arrived but by that time, the robbers were nowhere to be found. The police left after concluding that the robbers had gone. No sooner had the police departed than the robbers reemerged and began firing at Alhaji Sani's residence. They emptied entire magazines on the place and in the process, Alhaji Sani's wife was hit in the arm.

From the quote above the police is obviously involved in this robbery, but then who will investigate and prosecute these thieving bast.ards  angry angry angry
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by mekaboy(m): 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2011
IT IS VERY SIMPLE TO FIND THESE ROBBERS, JUST FIND OUT THE POLICE MEN THAT WERE ON DUTY THAT NIGHT, THOSE THAT ARRIVED THE SCENE, CHECK THEIR PHONE CALL RECORDS WITHIN THE TIME OF THE ROBBERY. FIND OUT ALL THE CALLS THAT WHERE MADE AND RECIEVED WITHIN THAT TIME.

ARREST AND INVESTIGATE EVERYONE THAT CALLED THEM OR RECIEVED CALL FROM THEM DURING THAT PERIOD, YOU WILL FIND THEM.
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by ndigbo: 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
After reading the stroy, i got speechless!
May the Good Lord Grant the Doctor's family, friends and well wishers the Fortitude to bear thier lose! It's very painful losing someone who's profession is to save lives in this manner. For those Police(cus they a hand in this devilish act) fools God will surely Punish them! Cursed profession.
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by velo10: 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2011
Insecurity in Nigeria. When will this ever end? Even the police cannot swiftly respond to distress to discourage armed robbery. God help us.
Re: Chxta's Horrible Experience: Robbed, Beaten, Tied-Up, Dumped by nelly4(f): 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2011
A resident of Aina Street, a doctor whose identity is yet to be released, was returning from his night shift and ran into the robbers. They promptly emptied bullets into his car and killed him on the spot.[tt][/tt]

wait a min, if i get it a doctor was actually shot dead and the title of the thread still remains chxta terrible ordeal, moderator pls can u change the title to include the doctor that was killed which is more grave than a misely car and laptop by some editor who wuld probably get new ones from his coy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Us-based Nigerian Economist Killed In Enugu / Three Women Forced A Mentally Challenged Manto Have Sex With Them And Filmed It / Police Spokesperson, Muyiwa Adejobi: Police Not Aware Of Baba Ijesha’s Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.