Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:13 AM

Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy (19603 Views)

Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging / Download Esin By Femi Adebayo Movie MP4 / Mercy Receives N25M SUV As BBNaija Winner (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by Orobadmeat: 9:17am On May 08
Reminds me of that Jiggaman pirate, grin grin grin
Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by Pussyisgud: 9:18am On May 08
The most annoying thing is when you open a movie on YouTube and it's not the name of the movie on the title that's showing its just something else, some shitty movie but tgey will put the poster and title of another movie there very annoying thing - fuckken click bait.
THEY ALL DESERVE TO BE SUED AND PAY DOUBLE, well done femi adebayo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by KillahPriest: 9:19am On May 08
Try writing just a verse on a song then you'll understand why intellectual property theft is so painful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by Goodlady(f): 9:23am On May 08
FreeStuffsNG:
“This isn’t just my win as a filmmaker and content producer but a while for all of us. We need to be ready to fight IP theft and piracy at all levels.
It's like he doesn't want to call out the big media company.
Congratulations Oga Bello Jnr cheesy Here's wishing you more wins.

In my opinion, piracy of IP is a form of terrorism against intellectual works and must be given same serious deterrence terrorists are served.
May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
Gimme expo sir, what's the name of that media company?

1 Like

Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by Timoleon(m): 9:28am On May 08
thesicilian:

The post seems more of an advert of their law firm than anything else

The advert too much. I think the legal firm wrote it on behalf of Femi Adebayo.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by schekubeh: 9:30am On May 08
I said his performance in JagunJagun is incredible I didn't say it was his best movie, or English is the problem here?
Adewale1603:
exaggeration. Na only jagunjagun be his only best movie so far

1 Like

Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by Timoleon(m): 9:31am On May 08
dadamonie150:

youtube too does the same, i downloaded 2 films of 600mb that was named jagunjagun which is not the real jagunjagun

That's the point of the law suit. YouTube didn't upload the media. Whoever uploaded it committed fraud to lure people like you to watch their content

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by Thereishel: 9:32am On May 08
Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by anonimi: 9:33am On May 08
schekubeh:
Femi makes great movies. His performance in jagunjagun is incredible. Much applause sir

I guess no need for DNA test to show he is a true son of his father, Oga Bello. cheesy

He has been doing great acting since he was a boy in the Owo Blow classic movie by OGD- Tade Ogidan.

femi4:
Indomie boy
Go n watch Owo Blow

You are a sabiman even though your name may not be Sabinus. grin

His performance in that movie was superb, especially given his young age back then.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by Timoleon(m): 9:37am On May 08
oyeb15:
Thank God for YouTube.

Nigeria movies producers would be running into loss everytime cos the alaba boys pirates movies /music CDs even before they are released.

YouTube is d game changer.

This IP theft happened on YouTube.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by ericmor: 9:47am On May 08
schekubeh:
Femi makes great movies. His performance in jagunjagun is incredible. Much applause sir

His best performance so far in every movies have seen him and also did well in king of thieves. I think he do better in all those traditional movie roles than those modern roles

1 Like

Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by Enemyofpeace: 10:26am On May 08
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by TheSuperX(m): 10:27am On May 08
schekubeh:
I just pray he should release part 2 this year

1 Like

Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by y3mi(m): 11:18am On May 08
Ecbatana:
angry

Originality is dying, there's a lot of copy and paste and IP theft out there. People have become intellectually lazy and A.I is not helping matters. Some years back, a particular president's inaugural speech was a product of IP theft.
Nigerians has always been comfy with mediocre, lacklustre stuff. They prefer to rinse and repeat copy-copy sh!t than think innovate or generate original contents forged iwith substance. Check out the music videos, gorywood etc. When one genius comes along with something that's never been done before, everyone jumps into that wagon until it's gets stale and crashes waiting for the next one.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by spagettiluv: 11:32am On May 08
omoredia:
Ok. Who pirate your emi lo kan movie?

Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by omoredia: 11:33am On May 08
[quote author=spagettiluv post=129846398][/quote]

Hehe 100 percent of the people that now buy the pirated copies are who? Lol 😆
Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by Pque(m): 11:34am On May 08
Already on d way to Appeal Court, why d victory chant?
Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by placeofallure(f): 11:38am On May 08
Adewale1603:

How many of his movies have you seen? It's not an exaggeration that Buọda Femi is a fine actor who knows his onions. There aren't many young actors within his frequency...maybe Ibrahim Chatta, Yomi Fash-lanso and probably Funsho Adeolu.
He's a phenomenal artiste no doubt. His works can attest to that. I have seen several of his works and he still surprises each time. I would've referred you to go watch some but unfortunately, I don't keep the names.

This win is a sweet win. One down, many more usurpers to go!
Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by placeofallure(f): 11:45am On May 08
Obakoolex:

Sincerely you're one of the rubbish undecided

Debunk this by showing how you have ever been useful for your country.

Thank you for this comment. Some people take absolute delight in rubbishing people's efforts without being anywhere near useful themselves, Aaaarrrgh!

1 Like

Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by Johncarlo07: 12:38pm On May 08
Adewale1603:

Ageshinkole (King of thieves) too, was a NYC movie.
Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by free2ryhme: 12:40pm On May 08
FreeStuffsNG:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/05/06/femi-adebayo-awarded-n25m-against-media-house-for-film-piracy?amp=1

he is trying to divert the public attention from his goofy award to bobrisky as best dressed female
Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by FreeStuffsNG: 2:10pm On May 08
Goodlady:

Gimme expo sir, what's the name of that media company?

You too love gists, haba.
Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by Bimpe29: 3:14pm On May 08
Good for you brother but be a good ambassador of values your ancestral town is known for.
Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by iconicceo: 7:37pm On May 08
Way to go!

Also, there is this particular tv station in Ghana that shows most Nigeria cinema and Netflix release movies.

If I have a way to report this, I will go any length to make sure they get sue and penalized.

Very f**lish people putting out the hardwork of others out for free
Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by theamazonguru(m): 9:17pm On May 08
lukui:
Merits of studying law

You don't have to study law to enjoy the benefits of law.
Just be enlightened.
Be informed.
Know your left from your right.
Know your rights.
Understand the basics of intellectual properties and what constitutes intellectual properties.

These things are basics that anyone willing to learn can learn.

Yes he studied law but he didn't defend himself as a lawyer.

What I feel worked for him is his knowledge of his rights to his intellectual properties.
Re: Femi Adebayo Awarded N25m Against Media House For Film Piracy by 7upnigeria: 9:32pm On May 08
michlins:
This is good. Piracy is killing the industry

And na developers start am that year for alaba. Remember Obasanjo wanted to close down alaba that year but they had to resort to protest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBNaija: Lolu "I Was Molested By Our Housemaid At 5 Years" / Arit Okpo Is New African Voices Host - CNN / #BBNaija: Nigerians Protest Evicted Housemates’ Return to Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.