Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,627 members, 7,878,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:23 AM

Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab (1069 Views)

Tokunbo Wahab: Illegal Builders May Be Asked To Pay For Demolition / Lagos Commissioner, Tokunbo Wahab Shares Photo Of Houses Blocking Canal / Exchange Between Ilemona Onoja And Tokunbo Wahab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab by seanfer(m): 7:22am On May 08
Bobloco:

I wasn't making excuses for the developer

I said that the honorable commissioner came up with that excuse just to wriggle himself out of the quagmire. Simple

How did the Commissioner came up with excuse when all he did was just to quote a section of the approval the Activist poster and tag the Commissioner.
The approval gave a simple Instrua and warning, but the developer choose to do other wise and we ware claiming the government.
Re: Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab by GeneralPula: 7:22am On May 08
Bobloco:
He asked for building approval; it was provided. He then made a volte face and accused the poster of being sponsored by some developers.

The next is to accuse some political detractors of trying to rubbish the good work he is doing in trying to sanitize Lagos State. 

Na their way 

He won’t accuse anybody. If you do anyhow, you’ll see anyhow..

This is not Agulu..
Re: Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab by DMerciful(m): 7:40am On May 08
Are you saying some part of Mende is still standing?
seanfer:

The video circulating did not capture the whole demolishing exercise.

1 Like

Re: Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab by seanfer(m): 7:58am On May 08
DMerciful:
Are you saying some part of Mende is still standing?

Mende is a big town, what was demolished was just a building with set of flats on a parcel of land blocking the drainage way not the whole Mende was demolished.

2 Likes

Re: Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab by dealslip(f): 8:06am On May 08
Bobloco:
He asked for building approval; it was provided. He then made a volte face and accused the poster of being sponsored by some developers.

The next is to accuse some political detractors of trying to rubbish the good work he is doing in trying to sanitize Lagos State. 

Na their way 
Don't pretend that what he said is not valid, if you contravene the conditions of a permit, it renders the permit useless. It's very true that people sponsor such attacks against the government or are you not aware of such. Even people are of the opinion that even PBAT government sponsors attack so why should it be different when it's someone else. If I encroach by ordinary 5 metres into your land, won't you take legal actions against me.

2 Likes

Re: Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab by dealslip(f): 8:10am On May 08
Bobloco:

That's just an excuse the honorable commissioner gave to wriggle himself out of the quagmire.

Did he investigate to find out why a house given building approval will be demolished after sixteen years by the same government that gave the approval?
No he doesn't need to investigate his predecessor. His predecessors don't have the balls that he has to pull it down. They were afraid of outrage but Tokunbo is not. It has been illegal from the day it was put up and if it is pulled down after 16 years, it is still within the ambits of the governments right.

2 Likes

Re: Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab by dealslip(f): 8:14am On May 08
JAMO84:
Tokunbo Wahab is the next governor of Lagos State. If you can't obey the law of the State as an indigene, get ready to be prosecuted. If you are a non indigene, go back to your State, and I am not just talking about South East, even if it's Ondo.

I am a proud indigene of Osun State living in Lagos, and I have never disobeyed the law of the state.
I will gladly vote for him. I like when people are very real and are not afraid to do the things that are right regardless of social media malignancy, gaslighting, manipulation and blackmailing. We need a strong willed governor who wants everything to be done right. Greedy people will encroach on other people's properties then will want to manipulate them into not seeking redress. If you are a person that thinks like that in this forum just know you are evil and suffering from serious narcissism and Narcissistic people are demon possessed. Period

2 Likes

Re: Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab by ivandragon: 9:21am On May 08
lionshare:

I’m curious can you cite examples of such innovations that does not require boots of the ground?

I believe the government can access satellite images. It can assign teams that monitor images for specific areas. That way, once the monitoring team notices a deviation, they can send ground teams in.

Another way might be line of sight beacons. The drainage ways can be lined using motion sensor light beacons. Once the line of sight is broken, the office would be alerted so they know exactly where an encroachment might have occurred.

1 Like

Re: Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab by Otamendi99(m): 9:29am On May 08
Bobloco:

That's just an excuse the honorable commissioner gave to wriggle himself out of the quagmire.

Did he investigate to find out why a house given building approval will be demolished after sixteen years by the same government that gave the approval?

No. Try to understand dat 3.0 part. And that is demolition dat is going on in mende, not all of the estate. But dat small part dat is blocking d flow of water.

1 Like

Re: Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab by Bobloco: 9:52am On May 08
dealslip:

Don't pretend that what he said is not valid, if you contravene the conditions of a permit, it renders the permit useless. It's very true that people sponsor such attacks against the government or are you not aware of such. Even people are of the opinion that even PBAT government sponsors attack so why should it be different when it's someone else. If I encroach by ordinary 5 metres into your land, won't you take legal actions against me.

I am not implying that.

But their penchant for accusing some imaginary opposition elements is what pisses me off. Just do your job; don't always see every criticism as being sponsored by the opposition.

2 Likes

Re: Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab by Airlord2030: 10:37am On May 08
Demolition everthing
Re: Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab by lionshare: 11:29am On May 08
ivandragon:

I believe the government can access satellite images. It can assign teams that monitor images for specific areas. That way, once the monitoring team notices a deviation, they can send ground teams in.

Another way might be line of sight beacons. The drainage ways can be lined using motion sensor light beacons. Once the line of sight is broken, the office would be alerted so they know exactly where an encroachment might have occurred.

While I’m not sure these ideas are workable I appreciate that you made efforts to suggest a possible solution.

Perhaps the second one will work in built-up estates that had already existing infrastructure’s to support the light beacons.

1 Like

Re: Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab by ivandragon: 12:54pm On May 08
lionshare:

While I’m not sure these ideas are workable I appreciate that you made efforts to suggest a possible solution.

Perhaps the second one will work in built-up estates that had already existing infrastructure’s to support the light beacons.

They are very workable, if the desire and effort is well coordinated.

Already, the Urban planning authorities already make use of satellite imagery, it is just a matter of refining.

For the beacons, you don't really need built up estates. The beacons can be solar powered and even have cameras integrated.

1 Like

Re: Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab by JAMO84: 2:00pm On May 08
dealslip:

I will gladly vote for him. I like when people are very real and are not afraid to do the things that are right regardless of social media malignancy, gaslighting, manipulation and blackmailing. We need a strong willed governor who wants everything to be done right. Greedy people will encroach on other people's properties then will want to manipulate them into not seeking redress. If you are a person that thinks like that in this forum just know you are evil and suffering from serious narcissism and Narcissistic people are demon possessed. Period
Well said
Re: Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab by Saao(m): 2:05pm On May 08
Raskimonojendor:
If you violate the condition(s) of your permit(s), expect to face the consequences. Simple as ABC.

Same people saying No to the clearing and demolition of structures blocking the drainage system (artificial and natural), would be the same people that would laugh at the state when it gets flooded.
the poster isn't against the demolition but said they should prosecute the officer that approved the building plans, he also name one officer that approved the building plans he attached. The commissioner is doing a good work but must persecute some corrupt offices instead of shielding them. Civil servants are the most corrupt in Nigeria not politicians, infact the corrupted the politicians
Re: Exchanges Between A Demolition Critic And LASG Commissioner Tokunbo Wahab by Baxilexi(m): 2:42pm On May 08
Truth is the child of time.

The LASG official’s claim that some meters were encroached on is debatable. These are peoples investments destroyed, nothing short of hard evidence will suffice.

He should provide a stamped copy of the originally submitted architectural design and show how it differs from what’s on ground.

The twitter guy only opined that if some officials were complicit or failed to dutiful carry out his or her duties the government should be held responsible as well. The commissioner didn’t address this.

See photos attached.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can Nigeria Become Better? / Forced Voters Registration / The Flaws Of PDP As A Political Party.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.