Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,322 members, 7,881,188 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:05 PM

Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria (45083 Views)

Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In India / These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB / Kim Ung-yong, The Man Who Scored The Highest IQ Ever As A Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by justking(m): 9:56pm On May 08
Information technology šŸ‘
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by 12345baba(m): 10:04pm On May 08
A transporter or farmer that knows what he or she is doing earns more than all this shiiiit u posted here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Focusmind: 10:05pm On May 08
Gerrard59:

This is a better summary. But I am inclined to say that those who study math-based courses are better positioned to get good jobs faster than those who don't. Anyone can develop those attributes you mentioned with relative ease, but not so for learning mathematical skills after tertiary education.

You are correct. Those that studied courses with high math's and quantitative contents tends to perform better with job hunting because of their numeracy skills. You cant take away maths skill in today's job hunting. My former boss always made it clear to the HR that he needed people that are "very comfortable with numbers". That's the kind of people he likes hiring.

1 Like

Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by WantsandMore: 10:06pm On May 08
God1000:
Nice, though we have a lot of graduates that studied these courses in our universities and
Polytechnics roaming the streets without jobs

I studied information technology and it's a great course
have you considered career in networking? I hear it's awesome
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Morenikeji090(m): 10:07pm On May 08
Nonsense where is Nautical Science šŸ›³ļø and aeronautical science āœˆļø incomplete lists Bleep off
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by highchief1: 10:10pm On May 08
God1000:
If you believe that some courses are irrelevant in Nigeria, I will not disagree. Some even argue that even before the internet existed, these courses were what they are now. They arenā€™t just feasible. The spread of digitisation and technical innovation has made some fields more demanding. Yes, everyday discoveries tend to relinquish the importance of so many fields in schools. Notwithstanding, some courses are still performing exceptionally well in the labour marketā€”both profitable and useful.

https://thenationonlineng.net/eight-highest-paying-courses-in-nigeria/
no French
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Abuloma80(f): 10:29pm On May 08
God1000:
If you believe that some courses are irrelevant in Nigeria, I will not disagree. Some even argue that even before the internet existed, these courses were what they are now. They arenā€™t just feasible. The spread of digitisation and technical innovation has made some fields more demanding. Yes, everyday discoveries tend to relinquish the importance of so many fields in schools. Notwithstanding, some courses are still performing exceptionally well in the labour marketā€”both profitable and useful.

Like Seriously šŸ˜³
These are the 8 best courses in Nigeria, still with such poor pay! Let's summarize them.

1). GRAPHIC DESIGN Avg of N2.55m per year
= N213k per month.

2). MEDICINE Avg of N2.25m per year = N188k per month.

3). LAW Avg of N8.3m per year = N692k per month.

4). PETROLEUM ENGINEERING Avg of N5.85m per year = N488k per month.

5). ESTATE MANAGEMENT Avg of N1.3m per year = N108k per month.

6). COMPUTER SCIENCE Avg of N1.65m per year = N138k per month.

7). ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING Avg of N2.05m per year = N171k per month.

8. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY Avg of N1. 6m per year = N133k per month.

Hard to believe that. But let's see them in order of higher figures earned per month:-

1). LAW = N692k/month.
2). PETROLEUM ENGINEERING = N488k/month
3). GRAPHIC DESIGN = N213k/month.
4). MEDICINE = N188k/month.
5). ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING = N171k/month
6). COMPUTER SCIENCE = N138k/month.
7) INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY= N133k/mnth
8. ESTATE MANAGEMENT = N108k/month.

Haba Mr Poster! How and where did you come across these figures? If actually it's true I šŸ’Æ% encourage our Graduates to JAPA. I hate to convert these figures into Dollars ($). However let's see the highest and the lowest figures in the best 8 courses in Naija in Dollars ($):-
LAW = N692k gets about $532 per month.
ESTATE MANAGEMENT = N108k earns about $79 for a whole one month yet the course is amongst best 8 courses in Nigeria!

How do us and how did were deteriorated to this level? So those on the minimum wage in the Country of N30k/month earn $23/month. This an excellent case worth saying God Forbid Let's seriously engage in šŸ¤² prayers for the Almighty Creator (the Giver, the Sustainer) to take us out of this mess! No Mortal (an ordinary human - President) can do that for us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Revelation4(m): 10:51pm On May 08
SpatialKing:
Mathematics and Statistics
Geographic Information Systems
Surveying and Geoinformatics
You have eyes
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by stampo: 10:52pm On May 08
Satazaa:
mumu, there are courses you know of that others dunno about abi, and you cant even mention them

U don't need to insult me.... We are all hear to learn from each other.

It's my field and am a professional doing the same job outside the shores of Nigeria.

It would have been nice for us to talk about it rather than sending insults..

I take it as life anyway..

Have a good night rest.
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 11:16pm On May 08
Focusmind:

You are correct. Those that studied courses with high math's and quantitative contents tends to perform better with job hunting because of their numeracy skills. You cant take away maths skill in today's job hunting. My former boss always made it clear to the HR that he needed people that are "very comfortable with numbers". That's the kind of people he likes hiring.

And they get the best jobs because the high paying jobs are math based. Think oil workers, tech, high finance and even sales. The reason for my signature.

1 Like

Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Emu4life(m): 11:37pm On May 08
ednut1:
The average lawyer in Nigeria earns less than 40k a month

grin

1 Like

Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Tats(m): 1:20am On May 09
Promismike:
Pls remove petroleum engineering and law from there.

Others are true except those two. They are just like any other course in Nigeria that you need to have one oga at the top to succeed as one.

I bet you know nothing about Petroleum Engineering, if not, you wonā€™t be saying this.
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Ajoray: 1:25am On May 09
Ndubuisipaul1:
Remove graphic design. Graphic designers are hungry nowadays. Alot of graphic designers in Nairaland begging to design for 2k.
One even dey just above you
And na canva dem dey use oh
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Mypeople2(m): 2:10am On May 09
God1000:
What about yahoo technology? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by VTJN(m): 3:39am On May 09
Fearyourcreator:

Lolzzzz... Light always dey here ooo... People like you no dey wan pay electricity bills.. na why you no get light
grin grin grin

65 years old country still living in darkness, shouting up nepa grin
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Fearyourcreator: 6:05am On May 09
VTJN:
grin grin grin

65 years old country still living in darkness, shouting up nepa grin
We don't do that in my area anymore
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by qtx(m): 7:17am On May 09
God1000:

Controversial article I must say.
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by maktop(m): 7:22am On May 09
Kidnapping and random taking is the biggest paying career now.
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by maisauki: 7:30am On May 09
Don't disturb yourself...just look for a course females are rushing into, it's a good one...like
Women in Tech
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by VTJN(m): 7:45am On May 09
Fearyourcreator:

We don't do that in my area anymore
tell that to your fellow RONUs grin
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by lukui: 8:51am On May 09
Don't forget that they have chiselled down Computer science into meat chumps!

Yahoo yahoo lawmakers in Babarigas!
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by YoungLionken(m): 9:33am On May 09
Hassanmaye:

How can someone travel abroad and be suffering unless they don't know their way

I used to think this way too until I got to a point in life where I realized that, life's not fair to everybody, regardless of the efforts or accurate calculations..

I don't know about you but I know some rich people today who became wealthy not because they were too careful and also, people, despite being intelligent, are still battling with poverty...
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Thugnificent(m): 9:52am On May 09
God over everything smiley
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Love800(m): 9:55am On May 09
What is speech pathology?
chi4ik4:
Speech Pathology is the highest above all. Kindly make a research about thia profession.
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Love800(m): 10:03am On May 09
Why is wrong with doing business?
Monaboo:
Me am looking for job with good pay in Lagos.

I'm tired of business.
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Love800(m): 10:09am On May 09
That is STEM na. Abi?
Gerrard59:
If you want a high-paying job regardless of the industry, study a math-based course. The more calculations and numbers a course has, the higher its chances of being lucrative. Also, if you plan to relocate from Nigeria, the math-based course gets more job opportunities and funding.
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Thanks18(m): 10:21am On May 09
Where is Physiotherapy, pharmacy and Radiography? Op, you missed these lucrative professions too
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 10:25am On May 09
Love800:
That is STEM na. Abi?

Yes. Anything math-based is STEM.

Thanks18:
Where is Physiotherapy, pharmacy and Radiography? Op, you missed these lucrative professions too

Good professions, but not exactly high paying but better than most professions out there. Stable employment is certain.

1 Like

Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Chrixtopha(m): 11:57am On May 09
i CAnt relate this, was the op trying to say per month or does he/she meant per year?
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by TheAdvocate(m): 12:05pm On May 09
Even a charge and bail lawyer earns far above N2 million per annum. A 'good lawyer' can earn billions in a year. An election petition cases last 2 to 3 months and the least a lawyer can earn in it is N5 million.
Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Love800(m): 12:21pm On May 09
What is the difference between a good profession and high paying profession?
Anything good profession suppose to be a high paying job.
Gerrard59:

Good professions, but not exactly high paying but better than most professions out there. Stable employment is certain.

1 Like

Re: Eight Highest-Paying Courses In Nigeria by Love800(m): 12:23pm On May 09
Thanks for your reply concerning the STEM stuff.
Gerrard59:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Niger Delta University Graduating Student Signs On Colleague's Chest (Photo) / Archibong Bassey, UNICAL 19-Year-Old First Class Graduate Shares Success Story / Waec Result 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.