Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,791 members, 7,912,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 12:19 AM

Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy (6343 Views)

Tinubu Orders Suspension Of Cybersecurity Levy / Omoyele Sowore Meets With Herdsmen And Farmer In Jalingo (Photos) / Omoyele Sowore Visits Adamma Okpara, Michael Okpara's Wife In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by Ofunaofu: 6:48am On May 09
Presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC) Omoyele Sowore, has kicked against the 0.5 percent Cybersecurity Levy recently activated by the federal government.

The Cyber security (Prohibition, Prevention, etc) Amendment Act 2024 (An Amendment of the 2015 Act) prescribes a levy of 0.5% of all transaction value.

However recently the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) directed the full implementation of the Act as was referenced in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) circular.

The fee is a debit charge on the initiator of the electronic transfer and not for the receiver of the transfer.

Reacting on his X platform, however, Sowore said, “The @cenbank is using the newly amended #cybercrimes Prohibition Act of 2015 to rob Nigerians while the @PoliceNG is using the old Cybercrimes Prohibition Act as a tool to cage journalists.

“When we visited the Cybercrime Unit of the @PoliceNG yesterday to #FreeDanielOjukwu, they claimed not to be aware of the amendment of the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act 2015 assented to by @officialABAT in February 2024, under the newly amended law @Policeng had no right to arrest Daniel Ojukwu because the notorious “Section 24” has forbidden arresting people based on frivolous petitions by aggrieved thieves on govt. Lawless country! #RevolutionNow,” he said.

https://leadership.ng/ex-presidential-candidate-sowore-faults-cybersecurity-levy/

9 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by Remman(m): 7:11am On May 09
This is exactly the pattern Buhari used. This means CBN execs still contain Buhari guys. We're still seeing Buhari style of policies.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by PlasmaTV: 7:28am On May 09
Every reasonable person knows that a cyber security Levy is another dastardly ploy to extort Nigerians. This government hasn't done anything but brought pain, hardship and poverty to the country. Just one year in, and the country has been flung apart. Even Buhari, in all his failures, didn't goof as hard as this.

But APC supporters would rather spend their life singing against Peter Obi than challenge this fraud of a government. Just watch as they'll find a way to attack Obi. It's like magic. Jazz.

Helineus
Yarimo
SeunMSG
St0la
MannaBBQ...oya come and defend your failure.

I don't know why MannaBBQ has a special status on NL. He can quote and insult others, but he can't be quoted. Seun should reverse this ASAP.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by Donchieli: 7:28am On May 09
Q & A
Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by NwaNimo1(m): 7:28am On May 09

5 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by Quest7777: 7:29am On May 09
Las Las, we all will take shots of Bitter Obi & be OK. grin

14 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by Brendaniel: 7:29am On May 09
Tinubu supporters don't know who they supported into office, some don't still know him....

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by jeromestarks: 7:29am On May 09
"Ex president candifate?"
Niaraland mods, una don smoke high quality weed

5 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by cjudy(m): 7:29am On May 09
They will soon call you OBIdient Sowore

Most of the Agbadorians don’t even have 1000 in their account so it won’t affect them. They’re not buying anything and making transfer just their normal agbo and Shekpe or ewa goi that’s all. So they don’t need to worry about the cybersecurity levy.

They even see it as huge development by their Oga at the top.

Remove Tribe and Religion from Nigeria and you will see huge development

15 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by EnglishUsa: 7:30am On May 09
What we are seeing now is the best of tinubu and everyone needs to enjoy it to the fullest. Tinubu second term is when we will see tinubu in full color so, guys enjoy now. Although I still have my APC cap and flag on my car so I am buying fuel 60 naira per liter... All this tax is for Peter Obi supporters, waiting concern me?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by obajoey(m): 7:30am On May 09
Let everyone go to court
Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by morikee: 7:32am On May 09
Which one be Ex Presidential Candifate
Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by cjudy(m): 7:33am On May 09
Remman:
This is exactly the pattern Buhari used. This means CBN execs still contain Buhari guys. We're still seeing Buhari style of policies.
It’s not Buhari style but APC style my dear. Same APC are still in power so nothing changes. So don’t you read when he said he’s going to continue where Buhari stop?

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by schekubeh: 7:35am On May 09
Candifate ke
Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by kennyz247(m): 7:38am On May 09
Is APC supporters too paying the cyber security level too?

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by cenaman(m): 7:41am On May 09
I thought Buhari was a failure and incompetent, not untill the certificate forger and a drug baron called Tinubu came and occupy aso rock illegaly with a stolen mandate and stolen identity...

5 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by Cj4charles(m): 7:42am On May 09
angry
Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by BoldBrainz(m): 7:42am On May 09
Nothing concern Nigerians with the light at the end of the tunnel. At least the Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu, has made sure of that grin.

Any day una realise say the only option na to break the tunnel, make una call us join una.

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by Franchise21(m): 7:44am On May 09
APC attack dogs always avoid threads like this
Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by benuejosh: 7:48am On May 09
Volume. Make Peter Obi hear you.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by edungene7: 7:49am On May 09
Tinubu and is gangs are on a mission to lower the purchasing power Ronu miscreants get ready your deportation to osun forest has been confirmed standing on the mandate indeed 😺
Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by Originality007: 7:55am On May 09
Thank God, agbado people are exempted from paying the Cyber security Levy grin

Very soon The balablu man will begin to tax The free oxygen u are breathing in

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by phemmie06(m): 7:56am On May 09
Keep wailing,

it shall favour me and my family gangs are exempted, instead of Cyber security levy we would be given money for transacting business.

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by Emmastan291: 7:58am On May 09
In Tinubu's Voice, Let Nigerians (Agbodorians) endure these baby steps of pain.

You can never see Reno Omokri fire shots or reply Atiku or sowore.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by TenderDenss: 8:04am On May 09
Over and out!!
Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by dfrost: 8:05am On May 09
Ofunaofu please check the front-page link text.

Candifate instead of candidate.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by Ofunaofu: 8:13am On May 09
dfrost:
Ofunaofu please check the front-page link text.

Candifate instead of candidate.

The mods that moved it to the front page is responsible for this.

I can't modified it
Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by dfrost: 8:25am On May 09
Ofunaofu:

The mods that moved it to the front page is responsible for this.

I can't modified it

It has been corrected now and changed.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Faults Cybersecurity Levy by zombieHUNTER: 8:31am On May 09
Tinubu was created by the devil to impoverish Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ten African Leaders That Died In Bloody Coup (photos) / BREAKING: Anambra Speaker Loses 3rd Term Bid As PDP Wins Nnewi South II / Gov. El-rufai Pardons 11 Prisoners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.