Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,799 members, 7,879,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:24 PM

What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? (15809 Views)

Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate / Goldman Sachs: Naira Looks Cheap, To Appreciate To N1,200/$1 / Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by InvertedHammer: 6:48pm On May 09
gnss:
I don't do Politics of Tribe ,Hatred ,Hypocrisy .

Yesterday I was having a discussion with an Elderly Man an APC Party Man who is a Staunch Supporter of Tinubu about the Economy Situations .

He Said ,Kama Ton Arawaje ,Ilu Osunwon Rara ooo.

Meaning ,Without Deceiving ourselves the Things in the Country is not Okay at all.

He is a Yoruba Man ,I am too .

I do not Belongs to the Class of People that Believes even if The President Policies is not Working Good Results then I must Keep Talking like a Zombie ,

Let's face the Reality .

Things are Getting More Worse .

If you say ,You are Okay ,Several Millions are Sufferings ..Go to the Streets and see .

Now Objectively ..

Concerning the Dollars ,Finance ,P2P , Crypto Etc have been Blammed ,Yet Dollars Keep Rising .

WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU THINK THE GOVERNMENT ,CBN GOVERNOR SHOULD DO PRACTICALLY TO STRENGTHEN THE NAIRA ?

/
1. Resign from OPEC. Sell crude oil in naira.
2. Have great control over mineral resources being stolen from the North and convert the price equivalent in naira before sales.
3. Join BRICS.
4. Get rid of politicians that treat the West like gods and imbibe patriotism by putting Nigerians first.
5. No import waivers on luxury. Place 80% tax on luxurious goods and automobiles even during renewal of annual registration. Do you want to drive Rolls Royce? To renew registration N2million annually.
/
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by MetaMatrix: 7:02pm On May 09
BabbanBura:
But PO has being telling you guys the solutions nah, why asking you here?

1. Production production production. You gat to produce for home and export. So Bulabu needs to mobilise the country to production be it farming, be it industries (manufacturing), be it human labour (capital). The above will reduce imports and therefore fx demands. Excess will improve fx supply. To achieve this, he needs to fix the security and roads

2. Improve exports - be it out solid minerals, oil and gas, agro and allied products, electricity, human capital (manpower, skills etc)

3. Prosecute the past and current thieves, recover funds stashed abroad and home, make them face jail term.

4. Continue to deal with speculators, bank chiefs that aid the politicians to launder funds, the BDCs that move money around for terrorism and other vices

These are arranged in order of impacts and priority. Buy Bulabu is only tackling number 4 and you all are clapping for him. Now that the effect if 4 has worn out, naira is slumping again

Shut up! Your stinking mouth. Your Obifake is a fraud.
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by cenaman(m): 7:03pm On May 09
able20:

Tinubu is Pandemic already.
Bitter Obi will cleans the BATeria in the pandemic....
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by Gerrard59(m): 7:27pm On May 09
That said, Nigeria doesn't need a strong currency. In fact, the obsession with a strong naira is one of the reasons for our poverty.
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by okoroemeka(m): 7:28pm On May 09
gnss:

Yesterday I was having a discussion with an Elderly Man an APC Party Man who is a Staunch Supporter of Tinubu about the Economy Situations .

Meaning ,Without Deceiving ourselves the Things in the Country is not Okay at all.

I do not Belongs to the Class of People that Believes even if The President Policies is not Working Good Results then I must Keep Talking like a Zombie ,

Let's face the Reality .

If you say ,You are Okay ,Several Millions are Sufferings ..Go to the Streets and see .

Now Objectively ..

Concerning the Dollars ,Finance ,P2P , Crypto Etc have been Blammed ,Yet Dollars Keep Rising .

WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU THINK THE GOVERNMENT ,CBN GOVERNOR SHOULD DO PRACTICALLY TO STRENGTHEN THE NAIRA ?

the solution is simple,move from consumption to production,if possible to target production of anything that is physically possible to do in Nigeria and reduce the pressure on forex for imports,but this will need a visionary leader and a strong committed team
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by meobizy(f): 7:37pm On May 09
I can type a complete thesis which will identify all our problems, highlight how they affect the average Nigerian and proffer solutions. So far everything starts and ends on the internet, the highest which will happen is the Nigerian media will promote it as a talking point. It will transform from an ordinary opinion on Nairaland to a front page topic. People will talk on it on the radio, career political analysts will use it for talking points, men in beer parlours will debate over it. Children on Nairaland, most especially, will use it to create threads upon threads. What will happen in the end? Nothing. It will be forgotten after three days. Everybody will face their individual lives and things will remain the same.

Don’t waste your time. The internet only solves the problem of needing a place to vent. Solutions are not drawn off it.
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by Eagba(m): 7:45pm On May 09
gnss:

Make Valid Points ,Speak Maturedly,This is too Childish.

What do you think Asiwaju Should do to Strengthens the Naira .

Several Millions are Suffering ,Don't you think about the Masses ,Why would you only care about Politicians Occupying a Position only when the people he Governs are Dying .

Oya Make Reasonable Suggestions and Leave whatever anyone says that Annoys you .
Mine is three steps
1 stop looking for foreign investors. Pass a law that stipulate that all government agencies, arm, parastatals, should spend 75% of there budget on Nigerian economy. I.e procure what they need from Nigerian companies/ companies that have 85% of there raw materials,/components made in Nigeria.
(We'll have billions floating around and looking for where to drop in research, development, productions, and procurement

2. Any organisation that enjoys any government patronage should as a matter of law be mandated to bank or reinvest 65% of there profits in the Nigeria economy.

2 strengthen SON,efcc and the judiciary

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by mikemike50: 7:57pm On May 09
All those oversea trip embarked upon by the president and his cronies need to be reduced. Every time the president travel million of dollars will be use thereby placing more demand on the dollar.
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by Ezemeiyogu(m): 8:01pm On May 09
hothead:

Two metrics are very important. If they can be balanced;

Demand-Pull: GDP growth, consumer spending, export volume.

Supply-Cost: Inflation rate, interest rates, business operating costs.

Gdp growth will mean consumer spending has increased and export volumes up.

How will consumer spending increase? Currently majority of the population earn less than $2.50/day. How can we increase the people's earnings to $10/day?
What resources/tech can be leveraged on?

I have ideas of several solutions leveraging on tech that can help increase earning of the people. That's another topic.

How will exports increase? What are the most exportable resources? Which ones have the highest return rates and the lowest creation cost? There are there in plain sight: we invest in them and make them 1st solve local gaps and then export across Africa and the world.

All of this is solving for demand pull.

Them supply cost - Inflation rate must be controlled using data, interest rates must be balanced with the Ecosystem to business operating costs low enough to keep sustainable operations.

Some actions can have elements of both demand and supply-side effects like address speculations which is necessary. After blocking all leakages from new technologies in the digital economy, create regulations like SEC is doing with the VASP license and then reopen the digital space up.

Show transparency and communicate about economic policies with citizens for input to build trust and confidence, potentially leading to increased consumer and investor spending.

Then obviously, Manage foreign exchange reserves effectively.

Break this in your own words so we can understand. This is showing 95% AI generated
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by benjanny(m): 8:07pm On May 09
Low Battery Pls Charge
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by Ezemeiyogu(m): 8:10pm On May 09
In the short run:

1. Cut cost of public offices, they won't die, 2. Invest heavily in Agriculture, rainy season is here with us at least. 3. Engage all technocrats for ideas and input irrespective of party affiliations, if I were Tinubu, I don't mind picking PO's brain in some issues. 4. Develop the courage and balls to send some persons to jail; there are economic saboteurs in the system and even with the best of policies and less attention to those people, Nigeria may not move so fast. 5.Reduce praise singers who don't offer truth, e g RENO OMOKRI. These can offer short term relief to our dying economy and can open doors to long term investments and plan.
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by Badmashiii: 8:23pm On May 09
BabbanBura:

1. Production production production. You gat to produce for home and export. So Bulabu needs to mobilise the country to production be it farming, be it industries (manufacturing), be it human labour (capital). The above will reduce imports and therefore fx demands. Excess will improve fx supply. To achieve this, he needs to fix the security and roads

2. Improve exports - be it out solid minerals, oil and gas, agro and allied products, electricity, human capital (manpower, skills etc)

3. Prosecute the past and current thieves, recover funds stashed abroad and home, make them face jail term.

4. Continue to deal with speculators, bank chiefs that aid the politicians to launder funds, the BDCs that move money around for terrorism and other vices

These are arranged in order of impacts and priority. Buy Bulabu is only tackling number 4 and you all are clapping for him. Now that the effect if 4 has worn out, naira is slumping again

5. Make policies to attract and retain investors. Reduce the tax rate for running business.
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by Kay25(m): 8:24pm On May 09
[quote author=gnss post=129861672]. Suggest What the Present Leader Can do to Strengthens the Naira Against the Dollar ..[/quote
They themselves aren't prepared they know nothing i pity obi when he eventually gets the power he would cry on national tv like a baby as the first sitting president to do that by the time he sees how bogus it's to manage Nigeria
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by Vaudoux: 8:37pm On May 09
Nigeria has a country should go back to Africans Black Job, And by using mothern tools with their population,Then their money going to be meaningful.
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by Mandate1: 8:40pm On May 09
MEEVEET:

First thing first listen to Peter obi interviews on moving from consumption to productions

Read and understand theory of comparative advantage

Then try and familiarize yourself with how developmental economics works

Now

Your revenue to debt servicing is already 110%
This means that you need to borrow 10% of what you earn to pay interests for the loan we have already borrowed

Recurrent expenditure is about 200% revenue that's the money needed to run government, pay workers, buy diesel for army, police and others

Does it make sense now to borrow money and do a very beautiful fine sweet costal road that would increase debt servicing/ recurrent expenditure and not increase revenue?

Does it not make sense to invest the loan into something that would increase revenue and at least pay back it's own loan? Is that not the logical thing to do?

How do you do this you would ask... By investing in your people like Peter obi said... How?

Let's take example a village in Benue... That village have 300 farming families and have 10,000 hectares... But can only farm 1000 hectares yearly due to manual labor

Now imagine CBN sends people to talk to this people... Why not put all your farms together and form a cooperative, each person shares being the percentage of farm they bring

Then as a cooperative you approach a bank nearest to you, they give you loan interest loans given to the bank by CBN

With this loan thy buy improved seeds, mechanize their farms

Not only would their yeild per hectares increase based on improved input they now farm more lands in far less time... So cost of production drops

They can still approach banks for more loan to process their products, for rice rice mill for cassava you can have ethnol , fruity juice for fruit farmers ,Feed mill for corn and soya bean farmers

These reduced the cost of production, make the price of foods to reduce and farmers richer

You don't do this by providing 75 billion to SMEs
You do this by providing minimum of 5 trillion years to banks at an interest rate of say 2% banks search for this cooperative, educate them, guid them and give them loan at say 7% interest rate

Must not be farms can he garments factory, leather works, ICT companies, etc

Now that's how you kick start economic growth
you're smart and intelligent.

1) In addition to all you said, I'm of the opinion the govt reverts the existing economy back to whr she met it. In simple terms, revert back to subsidy. People will say this is foolish, but it's the sincere truth.

For us to produce, we need cheap power. Energy is killing business in Nigeria. Declare a state of emergency in the power sector. And ensure that the power generation capacity gets to about 20,000mMwts in the next 1yr. Even if the govt doesn't do anythg meaningful in other sectors, let power be achieved in the next 1yr. This is basically the only meaningful way to drive production. With stable and cheap electricity, FDI will swim into Nigeria, and the so called scarce dollar will become a thing of the past. Business will produce more at cheaper cost and the economy will rebound.

2) Do we need domiciliary accounts in Nigeria? Not even a politically exposed person should have one. Only businesses who have verifiable reasons for fx should have such accounts, and this muct be under strict prudential checks.

I can go on and on, but to what benefit?Wasting my pad?

While I was bathing this morning, a thought ran through my head, and I was like, do any serious country that thinks about the future still dabble in the primitivity of "state of origin"? Nigeria should do away with it. Rather, place of birth and place of residence should be adopted.

I actually don't believe this country can get better.
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by Badmashiii: 8:44pm On May 09
FashionCookie:
After they'll say d leaders are clueless. Oya "intelligent" pple we dey wait. undecided
See as everywhere dry....😆 🤣

It's really tough being a leader let alone a whole president.

Forget those people calling our presidents "clueless" or 'dullards",when given the same opportunity they'll definitely do worse.

First of all you'll look for solutions,then you'll face another hard task of implementing it. To make any positive changes in this country,you must bruise a lot of people. And also get ready to be bruised too.

You're fighting a bloody war.

This post is just looking for solutions o,we're not dealing with implementation yet where you shall face the real work. See as everywhere dry,no much sensible thing.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by biremi(m): 8:44pm On May 09
This is sincerely from my patriotic heart

(1) Abolish trbalism; where you come from should not determine your rights
(2) Abolish state of origin
(3) Separate religion and government
(4) Build sustainable agro infrastructure that encourages self employment ( create taxable organisms and organisations not tax dependents)
I will add more when I charge my battery
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by Bouncing2(m): 9:04pm On May 09
BabbanBura:

Comrade better oyel full ya head and that of our lovely PO.

Those old cargoes has no clue and grit required to smoothly operate this now rickety car called ‘Nigeria’
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by Mandate1: 9:24pm On May 09
PARADIZEPRIEST:
STOP IMPORTING NONSENSE INTO NIGERIA LIKE EXPENSIVE FOREIGN LIQIORS E.G
MOET
HENNESSEY
CHAMPAGNE ETC
FOREIGN CARS
FORIEGN FURNITURES ANF FITTINGS
FOREIGN KITCHEN UTECIKS
FOREIGN SUITS AND FABRICS
THESE ARE THE RUBNISH THST TAKE OUR DOLLARS OUT.

ALL THESE THINGS WE HAVE LOCAL PRIDUCERS ON GROUND, LEAVE FOREIGN GOODS ALONE,tell all the four people that contested for presidency and their chronies to stop wasting our dollars ,and stop globe tripping like obi. even when election gllast year. angry
Oga, chill. Even Americans import all manner of things. Become an expert in commodities you produce and do it better. Importation is not a sin. Saudi, UAE, even Western societies import. Just balance your import to meet your export without negatively impacting your economy.
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by FashionCookie(f): 9:31pm On May 09
Badmashiii:

It's really tough being a leader let alone a whole president.

Forget those people calling our presidents "clueless" or 'dullards",when given the same opportunity they'll definitely do worse.

First of all you'll look for solutions,then you'll face another hard task of implementing it. To make any positive changes in this country,you must bruise a lot of people. And also get ready to be bruised too.

You're fighting a bloody war.

This post is just looking for solutions o,we're not dealing with implementation yet where you shall face the real work. See as everywhere dry,no much sensible thing.

You've said it all... grin
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by stallonsly: 10:08pm On May 09
It's so simple.... I had to retrieve my password on nairaland because I see this trend as interesting

The solution to naira appreciation is very simple... I just wish it can b implemented

First... Cut down the denomination of the naira note down to 100 naira note as our highest currency

That will discouraging hoarding of the naira note

Secondly all transactions should b done on local currency

Imagine paying senators and governors with 100 naira denomination note and putting high tax on use of dollar note..

Thank you
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by TemmyT002(m): 10:13pm On May 09
Go and ask Peter Obi
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by stallonsly: 10:15pm On May 09
stallonsly:
It's so simple.... I had to retrieve my password on nairaland because I see this trend as interesting

The solution to naira appreciation is very simple... I just wish it can b implemented

First... Cut down the denomination of the naira note down to 100 naira note as our highest currency

That will discouraging hoarding of the naira note

Secondly all transactions should b done on local currency

Imagine paying senators and governors with 100 naira denomination note and putting high tax on use of dollar note..

Thank you
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by gnss(m): 10:47pm On May 09
Fuckyoumod:
this is a foolish question especially when the cause is known.

Naira was deliberately killed (devalued) by Tinubu after floating the naira. So nothing can be done until he decides to stop his stupid financial policies.
. Why would you respond to a Foolish Question?
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by Maa84: 10:50pm On May 09
There is no short term plan to fix the naira to dollar wahala . No time is late rather let's start now. Our leaders need to be very sincere with them self. Looting of our treasure is too much. Production is key. Do you know how much we spend to bring in petroleum products? Do you also know that it requires dollars to buy those products thereby weekend our naira? Let's start building modular refineries rather than expecting porth court refinery to start working. Channel money towards electricity generation. Tackle corruption and lastly free and fair election.
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by gnss(m): 11:00pm On May 09
Nigerfine3:
Grammatical blunder as headline, too bad
Mr .Grammarian ,Still the same questions..what do you think should be done to Appreciate Naira ?

.what do you think should be done to Appreciate Naira ?

The questions is Very Clear .

If you are Pained by the Grammar ,Deal with it ..
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by IAmHim1: 11:42pm On May 09
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by Scamburster(m): 11:50pm On May 09
PARADIZEPRIEST:
STOP IMPORTING NONSENSE INTO NIGERIA LIKE EXPENSIVE FOREIGN LIQIORS E.G
MOET
HENNESSEY
CHAMPAGNE ETC
FOREIGN CARS
FORIEGN FURNITURES ANF FITTINGS
FOREIGN KITCHEN UTECIKS
FOREIGN SUITS AND FABRICS
THESE ARE THE RUBNISH THST TAKE OUR DOLLARS OUT.

ALL THESE THINGS WE HAVE LOCAL PRIDUCERS ON GROUND, LEAVE FOREIGN GOODS ALONE,tell all the four people that contested for presidency and their chronies to stop wasting our dollars ,and stop globe tripping like obi. even when election gllast year. angry
Chai, big Nkakwu.
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by ufotunang: 12:18am On May 10
..I have been saying it...to appreciate the naira... Nigeria must be a producing economy...more exportation and less Importation of goods...and nigerians should value, buy, patronize what they have in their own country and nigerians should reduce the way they travel to abroad to school in foreign universities, travel for medical treatment abroad, buy foreign cars , products and goods....because all of this puts pressure on the dollars and more demand for dollars in a country where we are not earning much in dollars and foreign currency and dollars is in low supply and earnings.. and the refineries should start working so Nigeria will stop importing fuel disel kerosene and other petroleum products with dollars and all of this depreciates the naira and make naira to lose value against the dollars
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by BluelightHotel: 1:56am On May 10
Dump the usd and join the BRICS nations ,stand our ground and tell anyone that want to do business with us must deal with our currency..

Nigeria is a big market and they need our business more than we need them tbh and we need to know this and act accordingly.
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by Dshocker(m): 5:45am On May 10
gnss:

Let's face the Reality .

Now Objectively ..

Boost electricity, and assist manufacturers.

If we also focus in agriculture and export, the strength of the naira will pick significantly 📈
Re: What Do You Think Should Be Done To Appreciate Naira ? by Dshocker(m): 5:49am On May 10
Ola9ja23:

IPOBidients day dreaming

We know the reason why you people jubilate when Naira depreciate is bcs you think that would make your Bitter Obituary to win through back door

Even if Naira depreciate to 50000 against dollar, Asiwaju remains our president till 2031

Nothing your bitter Obituary or his IPOBidients followers can do to defeat Asiwaju

And you will keep suffering till the rest of your life, since you chose bad leadership, over good leadership, all because of tribal bigotry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

EFCC Raids Speculators As Naira Drops To $1,520/$ / How To Start Your Own Rice Business With 60k / Notify Customers Before Debt Recovery Moves, CBN Tells Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.