Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,557 members, 7,840,322 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Cornell University President’s Retirement Prompts Speculation After Tumultuous Y - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cornell University President’s Retirement Prompts Speculation After Tumultuous Y (56 Views)

UI Student Becomes First African Scholar To Cornell university, New York, USA / Cornell University Scholarships 2019. / Cornell University Student Strips In Class To Defend Her Presentation In NewYork (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cornell University President’s Retirement Prompts Speculation After Tumultuous Y by Rsahbrt5(m): 3:30am On May 10
Ithaca, New York-based Cornell University’s president, Martha E. Pollack, announced on Thursday that she will retire on June 30, as the campus grapples with anti-Israel protests, much like schools across the nation.

Cornell University Board of Trustees Kraig H. Kayser said in a prepared statement that Provost Michael I. Kotlikoff will step in as interim president starting on July 1, at which time Pollack will be given the title of president emerita by the Cornell Board of Trustees. She will serve in the role for two years, as a search committee looks for the 15th president within six to nine months of the end of Kotlikoff’s term.

“Serving as the president of Cornell has been an amazing privilege; there are few roles that afford so much opportunity to make a positive difference in the world,” Pollack wrote in a statement announcing her departure. “After seven fruitful and gratifying years as Cornell’s president — capping a career in research and academia spanning five decades — I’m ready for a new chapter in my life. I greatly appreciate the continued support of our Board of Trustees and the many faculty, students, staff and alumni who have shared words of encouragement through my time as president, especially over the past academic year.”

Pollack is credited with helping to create the Cornell Jeb E. Brooks School of Public Policy, expanding the accessibility and affordability of a Cornell education, and launching the school’s first-ever theme year celebrating free and open expression and inquiry, among other things. Read more here: https://aiapkpro.com/cornell-university-presidents-retirement-prompts-speculation-after-tumultuous-year-this-is-related/

(1) (Reply)

Discover The Magic Of Victoria During School Holidays / A Resourceful Guide On Machine Learning Certifications For 2024 / The UnCloth AI Ethos: Values And Standards In AI unclothedness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.