Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,498 members, 7,944,440 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:29 PM

Northern Acn Moves To Split Party - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Acn Moves To Split Party (4012 Views)

Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by Afam4eva(m): 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2011
Gbawe:

Why don't you guys give us your prediction as per the future of the APGA where Peter Obi and Akunyili were appealing to the most ugly and baser instinct of folks by telling them not to vote for the "Yoruba" Party? Not a crime to love your region and be proud of it. What is wrong and pathetic is a constant desire to only see others as villains while viewing yourself as virtuous , pure and blameless. It is also disgusting that factually , even if you will never see it, you are guilty of everything you put at the door of the SW. Abi the act of Obi and Akunyili is not bigoted? Did Anenih, despite the GEJ camp trying tho appeal to all Nigerians, not threathen any SS candidate who was contemplating voting for a Northerner? Next minute we will hear that Yoruba folks wrote the book on ethnic bigotry!!

Nobody is seeing anyone as a villain. It's hypocritical to call yourself a nationalistic party when you're technically depriving other zones from seeing themselves as a part of the party.
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by Gbawe: 5:51pm On Nov 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

I laughed when I read Bafarawa say something to the effect of, "I, Buhari and Atiku wanted to join ACN to make it a national party. . . "

Where does the guy go grouping himself with those two, who can at least bring something to the table (either money or political machinery, or both)?

This is not the loss of an asset, but the loss of a liability.

Is it as if your deadbeat unemployed buddy from college who has been squatting on your couch and feeding fat from your fridge threatens to leave. If someone like that leaves, you breath a sigh of relief.

This really isn't that complicated.

If Benue ACN candidate wins Benue State and then decides to decamp, wahala dey.

But Bafarawa and co? Good riddance.

Man mi, don't mind these folks. Aregbesola, a Yoruba man, delivered for Ribadu . How did Ribadu do under the Northern ACN chapter that consist of individual who collect money yet fail to understand that grassroot mobilisation must be carried out fastidously? Which teacher will endorse the promotion of a  students who failed exams woefully?

The likes of Bafawara bring nothing to the table. The ACN should simply learn from past mistakes and refrain from associating with the likes of Bafawara. Buhari, IMO, is worth 100,000. 00 Bafawaras. The ACN , if serious about deposing the PDP, should reach out to Buhari and the CPC starting now.
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by Gbawe: 6:30pm On Nov 22, 2011
afam4eva:

Nobody is seeing anyone as a villain. It's hypocritical to call yourself a nationalistic party when you're technically depriving other zones from seeing themselves as a part of the party.

Is that what is going on here or have you just decided to believe that Bafawara and co are genuinely disenfranchised because that sits better with your convictions about the ACN?

You write like a fairly decent chap so it puzzles me you choose to believe the utterances of some of the most parasitic and duplicitous politicians in Nigeria. These guys failed woefully to sell the ACN brand in the North. The onus is on them[b] entirely[/b] to build and develop the Party in their region into a successful franchise. They must source their own structures and linkages because , if passionate about public office, they will be the direct [/b]beneficiary of ACN's success in the North. A Yoruba man will not lead Kano.

Study the birth of the ACN to understand that Tinubu actually succeeded , more than the founding fathers from [b]various regions
, to develop the SW franchise of the ACN into a serious force , to the extent some can now talk of "Yoruba Party", because he persevered while AGIPs (like Bafawara and Atiku) use anything/anyone that gets them close to the 'cake'. We may not have this poor Government in place today If others had shown the same steadfastness, longevity and enduring belief in the ACN, as a veritable platform, as Tinubu.

Atiku, for example, p.ro.stituted himself everywhere desperately. Yet those who showed the patience to develop a brand (ACN) convened by Nigerians from all walks of life are now accused of bigotry, fascism, etc. Pray tell me what we should blame other founding fathers of the ACN for as per the lack of conviction to develop the Party in their own region? Why can't Bafawara , in the North, do what Tinubu has done in the SW?

For Bafawara et al to now talk as if the Party owes them something ,merely because of membership, is astounding. It betrays the indolent  "centre must pay" mentality of some Northerners that sees them , to date, unable to develop widely accepted and competitive newspapers, banks, etc as well as has been done in the South. I will never support such indolence. If these guys genuinely pulled their weight, then they may have a case. As things are , given all we have seen, they just sound like disgruntled elements too used to a corrupt centre subsidizing their existence while they fail to pull their weight.
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by Ufeolorun(m): 6:35pm On Nov 22, 2011
The ACN  has got chance to survive the Pdp cos they have base and that's what politics is all about,I don't know pdp's base.They need to Perform,the AD didn't perform to expectation and that's  why 'igboro didnt daru' when Obasanjo rigged them out. We saw what happened in Ekiti during the rerun, they(pdp) were matched gun for gun,thugs for thugs,with 10000 police the Rec still ran away.Acn should consolidate in the west and see others crawl to invite them to help them out. all this bigotry noise is just flipping soggybeans  and does not really get to me sha, those who are quick at shouting /mention bigotry tend to be closet bigot who either met their match or feel outsmarted(complex).
Right now acn will go into any election with [b]potentially 7 states [/b]in the kitty.Sw+kwara will fall in any free election,now that's a political party.

I think the biggest mistake the acn made was letting of guard for the pdp, Buhari was just the best option for the party but look at what we are left with, an utterly clueless president with politically naive nannies. angry
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by honeric01(m): 7:00pm On Nov 22, 2011
johnie:

On paper, this is brilliant.

The reality however is what we saw (or didn't see) happen between ACN and CPC just before the last elections.

The two parties are too ego-ful to get together!

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/front-page-articles/3262-tinubu-lied-on-acncpc-alliance-bafarawa-as-acn-leaders-storm-ibadan-for-ajimobi-adewusi-soji-akanbi-absent-lam-shameless-alao-akala

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/how-personal-ambition-ruined-acncpc-planned-alliance/

We all heard and saw this, but this time around, it's going to be different, hence the reason for 1 year to figure that out. this year's own was not handled on time, hence the reason alot of things got into way and also distractions and divisions from PDP.
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by Beaf: 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2011
Gbawe:

Why don't you guys give us your prediction as per the future of the APGA where Peter Obi and Akunyili were appealing to the most ugly and baser instinct of folks by telling them not to vote for the "Yoruba" Party? Not a crime to love your region and be proud of it. What is wrong and pathetic is a constant desire to only see others as villains while viewing yourself as virtuous , pure and blameless. It is also disgusting that factually , even if you will never see it, you are guilty of everything you put at the door of the SW. Abi the act of Obi and Akunyili is not bigoted? Did Anenih, despite the GEJ camp trying tho appeal to all Nigerians, not threathen any SS candidate who was contemplating voting for a Northerner? Next minute we will hear that Yoruba folks wrote the book on ethnic bigotry!!

Not Yoruba folks, but ACN.
If you keep on referring to Yoruba folks in place of ACN, then you are very firmly justifying the fears of the Middle Belters and core-Northerners.
Ethnic bigotry is ACN's policy, not a Yoruba policy. ACN is separate from Yoruba, however the fact that you see them as one and the same is a definite consequence of ACN's fascist principles that preach sectionalism and weild ethnic bigotry as a primevial campaign strategy.
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by lagcity(m): 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
Let Bafarawa and co deliver something. They haven't delivered for ACN. I believe Tinubu and ACN leaders are smart and strategic; they'll handle this problem. But first, ACN is getting ready for battle in Kogi. We'll see cool.
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by lagcity(m): 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2011
Look at this Sani Shaaban from Kaduna. He jumps from party to party; went from ANPP to CPC to ACN. Are these the candidates ACN is supposed to invest in?

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvBhwprilqw[/flash]
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by Gbawe: 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2011
lagcity:

Let Bafarawa and co deliver something. They haven't delivered for ACN. I believe Tinubu and ACN leaders are smart and strategic; they'll handle this problem. But first, ACN is getting ready for battle in Kogi. We'll see cool.

This is the crux of the matter. They gave very poor value for money during the last election and, to me, they are simply jumping before they are pushed out to be replaced by others. In Nigeria, how useful are Party members who cannot deliver votes yet demand to be maintained expensively?
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by lagcity(m): 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2011
^^^^^

e tire me ooo.
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by anonimi: 8:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
lagcity:

Look at this Sani Shaaban from Kaduna. He jumps from party to party; went from ANPP to CPC to ACN. Are these the candidates ACN is supposed to invest in?

Just like Amosun, Tinubu's satellite chief for Ogun state. There are others like him who are elected now on ACN's platform.
I have said it and will say it again Tinubu's ACN is no different from PDP. Except that PDP is run by a group of greedy ex-soldiers and their civilian recruits with national spread.
However PDP cannot be bothered about propaganda and media spins of mediocre (average) performance as excellent while taxing the poor masses more to make glossy projects for the elite. To that extent ACN is the smart cousin of PDP.
Tinubu's gang will find it difficult to be a national party as long as one man is playing king over everyone.
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by Reference(m): 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2011
The funny thing here is that practically every comment here is absolutely true. We only need to read through over again and to infer the magnitude and direction of politicking to come. This is one massive stress test and from what is happening so far it is becoming clear that to restrict politiking and parties to personalities instead of institution building is to restrict oneself from wider leadership.

I think democracy is actually working. It has a way of keeping the Nigerian question in sharp focus. No papering of cracks here.
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by anonimi: 10:24pm On Nov 22, 2011
anonimi:

Just like Amosun, Tinubu's satellite chief for Ogun state. There are others like him who are elected now on ACN's platform.

Just in case some people need to rejig their memories about Amosun's recent political trajectory, you can read the extract hereunder:

It would be recalled that Sen. Amosun got into the consciousness of the people when he contested for the Ogun Central Senatorial district in 2003 against the then incumbent Senator Femi Okurounmu of the Alliance for Democracy (AD).
Though, Amosun's four year stay in the senate between 2003 and 2007 was not that impressive, he however preoccupied himself with the project of becoming the governor of Ogun state in 2007. He actually wanted to take over the leadership of the state from the then Governor of the state, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, who just finished his first term then and was implored to run for second term owing to the ovation that greeted his impressive performance as the state's chief executive officer.
But Amosun will have none of it  and when it was clear the People's Democratic Party (PDP) which he and Daniel belonged  asked him to be patient, he (Amosun) fought the leadership of the party and decamped to a less popular party in the south-west of Nigeria, the All Nigeria people's Party. Infact, the ANPP is regarded as a northern party in the South-west region of the country.

Icon Image
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by Beaf: 10:32pm On Nov 22, 2011
^
Gaddem! shocked
Amosun has done AD, PDP, ANPP and now ACN!

lol!
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by lagcity(m): 8:30am On Nov 23, 2011
Beaf:

^
Gaddem! shocked
Amosun has done AD, PDP, ANPP and now ACN!

lol!

where did you see him as AD member? bros, u r getting old oo. u need glasses.
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by Akanbiedu(m): 9:57am On Nov 23, 2011
Gbawe:

Is that what is going on here or have you just decided to believe that Bafawara and co are genuinely disenfranchised because that sits better with your convictions about the ACN?

You write like a fairly decent chap so it puzzles me you choose to believe the utterances of some of the most parasitic and duplicitous politicians in Nigeria. These guys failed woefully to sell the ACN brand in the North. The onus is on them[b] entirely[/b] to build and develop the Party in their region into a successful franchise. They must source their own structures and linkages because , if passionate about public office, they will be the direct [/b]beneficiary of ACN's success in the North. A Yoruba man will not lead Kano.

Study the birth of the ACN to understand that Tinubu actually succeeded , more than the founding fathers from [b]various regions
, to develop the SW franchise of the ACN into a serious force , to the extent some can now talk of "Yoruba Party", because he persevered while AGIPs (like Bafawara and Atiku) use anything/anyone that gets them close to the 'cake'. We may not have this poor Government in place today If others had shown the same steadfastness, longevity and enduring belief in the ACN, as a veritable platform, as Tinubu.

Atiku, for example, p.ro.stituted himself everywhere desperately. Yet those who showed the patience to develop a brand (ACN) convened by Nigerians from all walks of life are now accused of bigotry, fascism, etc. Pray tell me what we should blame other founding fathers of the ACN for as per the lack of conviction to develop the Party in their own region? Why can't Bafawara , in the North, do what Tinubu has done in the SW?

For Bafawara et al to now talk as if the Party owes them something ,merely because of membership, is astounding. It betrays the indolent  "centre must pay" mentality of some Northerners that sees them , to date, unable to develop widely accepted and competitive newspapers, banks, etc as well as has been done in the South. I will never support such indolence. If these guys genuinely pulled their weight, then they may have a case. As things are , given all we have seen, they just sound like disgruntled elements too used to a corrupt centre subsidizing their existence while they fail to pull their weight.

succintly put.

Their orientation needs to change, seriously.
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by Akanbiedu(m): 10:10am On Nov 23, 2011
What they are saying is that ACN is not paying much attention to their side- as in supporting them financially. But they need to understand that ACN, as against PDP, has limited resources to prosecute its agenda on a national scale at this time. So it's better for ACN to consolidate its strongholds first before expanding gradually to feasible states like Kwara, Benue, Kogi, Anambra(doubtful) and Akwa Ibom.

If ACN manages to capture these states, then a nationwide offensive may be possible.
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by Baawaa(m): 10:19am On Nov 23, 2011
I think the biggest mistake the acn made was letting of guard for the pdp, Buhari was just the best option for the party but look at what we are left with, an utterly clueless president with politically naive nannies. Angry

You have spoken very well,but Tinubu and co will not let Buhari become our president because he will be an obstacle to them.As a matter of fact Tinubu prefer the way Jonathan is ruling the country.If tinubu and co come out and saying all sought of rubbish about jonathan is just formality
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by Ufeolorun(m): 12:51pm On Nov 23, 2011
Baawaa:

I think the biggest mistake the acn made was letting of guard for the pdp, Buhari was just the best option for the party but look at what we are left with, an utterly clueless president with politically naive nannies. Angry

You have spoken very well,but Tinubu and co will not let Buhari become our president because he will be an obstacle to them.As a matter of fact Tinubu prefer the way Jonathan is ruling the country.If tinubu and co come out and saying all sought of rubbish about jonathan is just formality

He was just the only sane option for Nigeria (buhari).We have a party that has saddled this country with mindless disrespect for common sense politics and we had a chance to actually squeeze life out of it or put it on llife support.
I was disappointed in Acn.  to be honest though a buoyant Cpc may not be in the interest of Acn or let me say in the interest of Tinubu .(Tunde Bakare as VP of Nigeria will bury Bola Tinubu politically in the southwest,fact!).
Re: Northern Acn Moves To Split Party by Gbawe: 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2011
Ufeolorun:

He was just the only sane option for Nigeria (buhari).We have a party that has saddled this country with mindless disrespect for common sense politics and we had a chance to actually squeeze life out of it or put it on llife support.
I was disappointed in Acn.  to be honest though a buoyant Cpc may not be in the interest of Acn or let me say in the interest of Tinubu .(Tunde Bakare as VP of Nigeria will bury Bola Tinubu politically in the southwest,fact!).

Why are you not "disappointed" with the CPC also? It is thinking like this that ensured the merger failed. I.e the notion that the ACN is at fault for not getting out of the way and compromising 100% for the CPC as if the latter has some divine right to lead Nigeria. If CPC cannot put in the compromises and politics required then perhaps they are not ready to lead anyone. If you followed the failure of the merger, it is clear both sides felt they could not meet in the middle and everyone , painful as it is, should accept that.

This pious and sanctimonious desire to proclaim the ACN as being the side at fault is the problem I had with CPC and Buhari fans in the past. There is a political process in place the CPC must learn to excel at before the Party and its fan begin to get imperial notions that others should automatically get out of the way. That mentality is not indicative of democracy . It is authoritarian and arrogant. Approaching a negotiation table with that attitude means you are unlikely to get what you want.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Visionless Political Ambition & STV Working Hard Against the APC / Do You Remember These Images? / Portfolios Of New Ministerial Nominees LEAKED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.