Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,786 members, 7,952,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:34 PM

Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? (377 Views)

Ika:ika People Local Politics / Edo 2020:Obaseki Man(local govt chairman) Chased Away With His Police(video) / #KWARADECIDES: Finally, Local Politics Takes The Day In Kwara Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by constantkayy(m): 5:44am On May 11
See what the Ifako-Ijaiye Local Government Chairman is doing. I believe if we get it right at the local level, the federal government will have less burden to carry.

Watch this 👇

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qwCnHlLqj8?si=vhSX86uqglzOiLed
Re: Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by cenaman(m): 6:04am On May 11
Since 2007, i don't know who my LGA chairmen/chairpersons are.
Re: Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by NeckingNgulping(m): 6:18am On May 11
cenaman:
Since 2007, i don't know who my LGA chairmen/chairpersons are.

My local government chairman is my cousin, Wike's arse-licker. No positive impact on the people. Like his counterparts, all he does is to personalize allocation meant for the people.
Re: Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by Noerection: 6:25am On May 11
For good 8 years Bitter Obi didn’t conduct local government election only to siphon their money to build NEXT in Abuja

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by modernWays: 6:26am On May 11
Lolz, Tinubu is both their state and local governments nah.

Nigeria youths are special kind of breed, some don't even know if there is local governments or responsibility of state governments, reason these arms of government abandoned their responsibilities, because they know as usually, ignorant people, which are on majority side will blame federal government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by helinues: 6:27am On May 11
grin
Re: Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by VinnyBaba: 6:29am On May 11
OP, I no know am. sad

If not for PETER OBI whom I like his Values of Frugality and delivery of Dividends of Democracy,
Nothing for concern me with Nigerian Politics. undecided smiley

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by NeckingNgulping(m): 9:02am On May 11
modernWays:
Lolz, Tinubu is both their state and local governments nah.

Nigeria youths are special kind of breed, some don't even know if there is local governments or responsibility of state governments, reason these arms of government abandoned their responsibilities, because they know as usually, ignorant people, which are on majority side will blame federal government.

I think it should be the duty of the state and federal government to frequently check on local government chairmen to know how they are utilizing the funds that were given to them.

If i gave someone a huge sum of money to execute an agenda, it's going to be my responsibility to see that the money is used properly.
Re: Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by Noerection: 9:44am On May 11
VinnyBaba:
OP, I no know am. sad

If not for PETER OBI whom I like his Values of Frugality and delivery of Dividends of Democracy,
Bitter Hoebi didn’t conduct local government election throughout his tenure as Governor as he was busy stealing their commonwealth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by modernWays: 12:28pm On May 11
NeckingNgulping:

I think it should be the duty of the state and federal government to frequently check on local government chairmen to know how they are utilizing the funds that were given to them.

If i gave someone a huge sum of money to execute an agenda, it's going to be my responsibility to see that the money is used properly.

No sir, they are the separate/independent tier of government according to 1999 constitution. Therefore, not under the control of state government. The only thing they have in common with sate government is joint account used to receive allocation from federal government. State, just like the way FG can approve State of emergency or conduct of election in a state, is same way states are mandated to the local governments. This is an area these unfortunate governors being exploit to hire care takers or refuse to conduct election and eat all the local governments fund.
Re: Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by NeckingNgulping(m): 1:02pm On May 11
modernWays:

No sir, they are the separate/independent tier of government according to 1999 constitution. Therefore, not under the control of state government. The only thing they have in common with sate government is joint account used to receive allocation from federal government. State, just like the way FG can approve State of emergency or conduct of election in a state, is same way states are mandated to the local governments. This is an area these unfortunate governors being exploit to hire care takers or refuse to conduct election and eat all the local governments fund.

Okay, i get it. However, it's obvious that pattern isn't yielding anything good. The constitution ought to be amended regarding that. There's a need for the federal government to monitor how allocations are spent and hold anyone who receives it accountable.
Re: Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by commoditiesnig: 2:17pm On May 11
Good question. Unfortunately i don't know as well. I'll ask my people in Irrua, Edo state.

We need to know and hold responsible our immediate leaders.. LG, HoR, Senate, Govs,
Re: Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by MEEVEET: 2:20pm On May 11
constantkayy:
See what the Ifako-Ijaiye Local Government Chairman is doing. I believe if we get it right at the local level, the federal government will have less burden to carry.

Watch this 👇

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qwCnHlLqj8?si=vhSX86uqglzOiLed
What is disturbing Nigeria right now is bad economic policies and terrible security

And these all these are 100% the job of the president

When we are secure and economy is moving

We can then deman roads, hospitals, schools, markets and the rest from governors nd chairmen
Re: Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by Bitterkola100: 3:12pm On May 11
VinnyBaba:
OP, I no know am. sad

the same obi that refused to conduct the local govt elections for 7 years
Re: Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by constantkayy(m): 9:21pm On May 11
If every local govt can consistently do food subsidy like this once or twice in a month, the Nigerian citizens will barely feel the impact of the economic hardship currently rocking the country.

This is Ifako-Ijaiye LG Chairman coming to the aides of his people. 👇

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qwCnHlLqj8?si=ywEU1MYwxYV4USyE
Re: Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by gbaskiboy: 10:02pm On May 11
Noerection:
For good 8 years Bitter Obi didn’t conduct local government election only to siphon their money to build NEXT in Abuja
Bittered soul! Tueh!
Re: Let's Talk Local Politics... Who Is Your Local Govt Chairman? by meditator(m): 10:55pm On May 11
VinnyBaba:
OP, I no know am. sad

That same Peter Obi refused to conduct Local Government Elections for 8 years when he was the Governor

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Court Stops Sanusi’s Reinstatement As Kano Emir / The South East Is "Unsafe" / Obj Wearing PBAT Signature Logo Cap?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.