Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,359 members, 7,932,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 12:00 AM

Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. (7213 Views)

Rev.fr Mbaka- Mikel Obi Should No Longer Be In The Nigeria Team / Vincent Enyeama Considering his Retirement from International football / Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by BizBooks(m): 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2011
For some reason, Mikel Obi happens to be the most talked about Nigerian player on Nairaland. Stories about him appear frequently in the Sports section and sometimes on the front page. When he plays for Nigeria, he is attacked, when he does not play, he is attacked even more.

In 2002, Sunday Oliseh announced that he will no longer play for the Eagles. At that time, he was still playing for his club in Germany. A few years ago, Seydou Keita also announced that he will no longer play for Mali. As we all know, he still plays for Barcelona today. Drogba has refused to play for the Ivory Coast several times this year. There is now talks that he has decided to stop playing for them entirely though he denies it.

Of all the active Nigerian players playing today, Mikel has the greatest to lose if anything happens to him while playing for the country. And believe me, if he sustains a career ending injury while playing for the Eagles, the NFF will most likely abandon him. I think it's time for Mikel to follow in the footsteps of Oliseh, Keita and maybe Drogba and retire from international football for his sake and the sake of his family.
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by BizBooks(m): 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2011
For reports of Drogba quitting the Ivorien national team, see this BBC link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/9053415.stm
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by cashful(m): 12:09am On Nov 23, 2011
It hasn't gotten to that, he needs the super eagles more than the eagles need him.
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by honeric01(m): 6:12am On Nov 23, 2011
And who cares? he's dispensable.
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by BizBooks(m): 6:30am On Nov 23, 2011
cashful:

It hasn't gotten to that, he needs the super eagles more than the eagles need him.

I don't think so. He is no longer a hidden talent and has already achieved all the exposure playing for the Eagles can afford him.
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by castrokins(m): 10:57am On Nov 23, 2011
WHO CARES? SO MANY PLAYERS FROM THE AGE-GRADE COMPETITIONS CAN PLAY AND EVEN DO BETTER IN HIS POSITION. ENOUGH OF THE OVER-HYPING. HE'S CLASS IN 2005, BUT HE'S NOWHERE NEAR THE TOP AGAIN SINCE HE JOINED CHESKI. NIGERIA IS SUFFICIENTLY BLESSED.
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by hbrednic: 11:04am On Nov 23, 2011
Mikel can go to hell,he is not a patroit.
i actually dont dig his style of football,he can hit the road.
nobody will miss him
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:08am On Nov 23, 2011
Oh my!! where are the Mikel Obi fans who have always argued that he makes more passes than anybody in the history of football grin - He should be on the same Level with Lionel Messi abi his legs are now tired grin
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by Kx: 11:12am On Nov 23, 2011
How did this make the front page?
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 23, 2011
Arsenal bids 500,000pounds for Mikel and demands for change to keep to their pocket. They claimed that he passes the ball as good as their goalkeeper. grin
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by sesman(m): 11:14am On Nov 23, 2011
oh please, let him retire, he wont be missed.  grin
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 23, 2011
I hate chelsea cos of him, he should go to hell & burn to ashes, nxt thread pleaseeeee
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by Ayoobscom(m): 11:18am On Nov 23, 2011
what sort of worthless topic is this?

has NL anymore criterias
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by Rodaliga: 11:18am On Nov 23, 2011
Says who?if players like yakubu n john utaka are being recalled into d squad, damn, these guys are old enuf to be his father, quit international duty,my foot.
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:22am On Nov 23, 2011
How old is he dat he should retire?
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by Okijajuju1(m): 11:40am On Nov 23, 2011
Mikel sucks monkey balls!!

He should wait till Chelsea transfer him on loan during the mid transfer window, he will beg to play for us and we will say;

Nigga eat a d|ck!
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by collinsJn(m): 11:43am On Nov 23, 2011
No Be LIE, @ NairaLanders, I 've Bin CONSTANTLY Hearing Dat Name,'MIKEL OBI '.
I Beg Who Be Mikel Obi ?
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by Basildon1(m): 12:03pm On Nov 23, 2011
Chidichris go soon arrive!!
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by DisGuy: 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2011
True, that way he wont be using nigeria as an excuse to his poor performance

cashful:

he doesnt need the 75% quota anymore, he should be a permanent resident now and the endorsement from nigerian firms are too little anyway
he should concentrate on his club career; the hassle is just sometimes too much, the nigerian coaches and admin seems to always look for an excuse and the players too actually
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by DisGuy: 12:21pm On Nov 23, 2011
PS: Oliseh, Keita, Drogba are well over 30 so they have dont their bits
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by Beaf1: 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2011
Is it the same Mikel Obi that have made Chelsea to concede a cheap goal against liverpool on Sunday? cheesy
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by oobim(m): 12:31pm On Nov 23, 2011
who is mikel kwa?a  mothaf.ucker whom luck has bn on his side.when his contract with chelsea expires,we shal knw where nx he'd be heading.d boy is talentless
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by no1madman(m): 12:34pm On Nov 23, 2011
D guy no sabi. . . . .He plays like pussi. . . . .
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by BizBooks(m): 12:37pm On Nov 23, 2011
When I say Mikel should retire from international football, I do not mean he should stop playing football entirely. Rather, I mean he should concentrate on his club football and let the NFF know he will no longer play for the Eagles. Playing for Nigeria appears to cause him more harm than good.
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by badmrkt(m): 12:50pm On Nov 23, 2011
milk'el can suck my arze if he k's, nobdy i'll eva wsh to play lyk him.ova hyped bigot,
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by sylve11: 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2011
BizBooks:

When I say Mikel should retire from international football, I do not mean he should stop playing football entirely. Rather, I mean he should concentrate on his club football and let the NFF know he will no longer play for the Eagles. Playing for Nigeria appears to cause him more harm than good.

it doesn't matter now, even the club he playS 4 shall do away with him comes january. . . cool
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2011
op i totally agree with you jwor, dem wan end em career,
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by BizBooks(m): 1:52pm On Nov 23, 2011
sylve11:

it doesn't matter now, even the club he playS 4 shall do away with him comes january. . . cool

Do you have a source for your statement? I have seen reports of Drogba and Anelka leaving Chelsea next year but not Mikel.
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by ortopazz(m): 1:56pm On Nov 23, 2011
as in o! we sef 4 nairaland de mess up big time. we give this guy more credit than he deserves he is a fake,fluky fluke, i mean he should go to hell.
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by ortopazz(m): 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2011
he is so overrated i just hope someone tells him about this nairaland forum he should check up comments and see he is of no use to us here in naija
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by ortopazz(m): 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2011
im just wan de form rubbish de speak British engs whia no swit for im mouth
Re: Mikel Obi Should Retire From International Football. by ortopazz(m): 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2011
make im leg brake dem we will c that diz guy na just gel playaar

(1) (2) (Reply)

Virtual Football Tipster. / AFCON 2021: Sierra Leone Vs Equatorial Guinea (0 - 1) On 20th January 2022 / Obaseki Celebrates Super Eagles As Nigeria Progresses To Round Of 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.