Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,590 members, 7,878,687 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:23 AM

Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? (17672 Views)

With 250k, You Can Have A Cassava Farm / How About A Cassava Peeling And Washing That Actually Works? / Meet Zainab Eze, Student Who Owns 7 Acres Of Cassava Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Fryx: 1:38pm On Jun 14
Curious345:
I have 5m to invest in this cassava farming. I have looked for land for 2 years and have found none

Let me sell you some of my father’s land in Oyo. No one is kukuma using them. And it’s relatively peaceful there (illora area)
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Akinpresident: 1:41pm On Jun 14
Jamestown123:
Well, for as long as I know, in my place in Otukpo LG we don't sell land you can rent, you just have to know someone and farm as long as you want. I'm ready to guard you if you want

How I fit connect with you bro?
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by funkyj99(m): 1:44pm On Jun 14
I have plans to start up cassava and maize farm in two months land available for me at warake.near auchi and I have same budget....pls lets connect on whatsapp to share ideas and experience 08033988827
Peledonomy:
I recently got a contract and made 400k in profit. I am thinking of investing that money in cassava farming because It is one of the safest crops to plant.

Is this a good idea or I should plant something else?
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Joy2dworldxyz: 1:47pm On Jun 14
Curious345:
I have 5m to invest in this cassava farming. I have looked for land for 2 years and have found none

Why u go see land for moon?
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by dgitrader(m): 1:49pm On Jun 14
Ur farm location/distance and control/monitoring measures will determine the outcome of the business. Not the crop or season. As a new farmer or new resident, 80% of Ur visitors are out to eat your resources up, in the name of "consultation" or "work". Be careful , there's money in farm but there's no love in the bush.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by sacajawea: 1:52pm On Jun 14
The name rhymes/sort of sounds like Sodomy...
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by sacajawea: 1:53pm On Jun 14
Peledonomy:
I recently got a contract and made 400k in profit. I am thinking of investing that money in cassava farming...
First of all let me start by asking, what business or contract have you that 400k?
Please reply

1 Like

Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Curious345: 1:54pm On Jun 14
Until the government approve Ak47 for all farmers , then I have to wait .. until then

1 Like

Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Nwiboko26(f): 1:56pm On Jun 14
Cassava planting is the safest way not to loose money but sure say you guide am well So that won't feed hungry people indirectly
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by lanre316: 1:57pm On Jun 14
ProjectsCityNG:

Cassava is the safest way not to lose money in life. Go ahead. You are safe

Yes, except thieves come to harvest before you do. Godforbid.
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Bonaventura(m): 1:59pm On Jun 14
Curious345:

Come to Ebonyi
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by psucc(m): 2:01pm On Jun 14
You're not serious. Where do you look for the land? Hope that should be Aso Rock or VI, Lagos?
Curious345:

2 Likes

Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by WorkRemotely: 2:02pm On Jun 14
Cassava farming is a great investment.
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by toyinkin(m): 2:03pm On Jun 14
Abeg do
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by hardon1(m): 2:06pm On Jun 14
IMO, Aside leafy vegetables like pumpkin, green and water leaf, otazi etc and other veggies like okra. Every other form of crop farming is time, capital and labour intensive

Cassava is cool but catering for cassava farm until maturity is not easy. You need massive land to have commercially viable output.

If I have access to good land , I will cultivate veggies. Growing up, I know how much my mum used to make then only from ugwu cultivation
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by omoyami: 2:09pm On Jun 14
Curious345:

Can you farm in Ogun? Yewa North precisely.
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by stagger: 2:15pm On Jun 14
Peledonomy:
I recently got a contract and made 400k in profit. I am thinking of investing that money in cassava farming because It is one of the safest crops to plant.

I just planted a hectare of TME 419.

a) No more buying of gari
b) I can even be selling gari
c) I can sell cassava stems
d) I can use my stems to expand my capacity.

What is there not to love about cassava? A bag of gari now is nearly 60,000 where I am. A mudu is N1,700.

Most people cannot see the big picture. A food crisis is looming. Check the cost of tomatoes and beans, even common pepper.
Let the minimum wage bill be signed into law and give Nigeria till the end of 2024. You will see the kind of inflation no one has ever imagined in his life.

I once heard a young preacher say that a custard bucket of tomato will sell for 40,000 in a not too distant time. This was a year ago when same bucket was N2,500 in my location. Now you cannot even see tomato in the market again.

1 Like

Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Oshin56(m): 2:17pm On Jun 14
Curious345:
how please ? I hope you're just joking ?

Benue State is not ready to receive agro investors going by the near weekly genocidal massacres by the Fulani terrorists around that axis
which side you dey for Benue, because I'm having interest in cassava farming
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Holykiss4kind(m): 2:23pm On Jun 14
I need an available five plots of land to cultivate cassava in Abia South.
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Love800(m): 2:29pm On Jun 14
What is real farms?
newoffer:
Invest in a real farm and not those ponzi schemes
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by NEIGHBOUR(m): 2:30pm On Jun 14
Be careful to avoid stories that touch the heart!!!
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Opiosko: 2:33pm On Jun 14
Curious345:
Too much kidnapping in oyo
What about Delta state?
Even baba OBJ has a farm here. You can buy the land and recover it plus profit in one year. DM me for details.
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Love800(m): 2:33pm On Jun 14
Do they grow tomato in the south?
gucci20:

Chat me up on this line- 09038285500. And let me teach you on Tomato planting. Is very profitable and in 3months you'll start harvesting.
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by gbengalite(m): 2:34pm On Jun 14
Curious345:

Lands available at Agbowa, Ikorodu both for rent and sales
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by sheddyboy01(m): 2:34pm On Jun 14
Farming is the surest source of income presently, that's if the herders' aren't a regular visitor to your place.

Kindly make us your data plug, we sell sme data for all networks at affordable rates.
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Chigorkizz(m): 2:42pm On Jun 14
Jamestown123:
Well, if Fulani are disturbing us, I wouldn't have said you should come and invest in my place. I'm not joking, with your money, I can give you land, labour and market. Fulani only disturb in a particular LG
Where In Otukpo?
Adoka,ugboju,Ohimini or onyangede
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by bixton(m): 3:24pm On Jun 14
Curious345:

Where are you sourcing for such land?
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Thugnificent(m): 4:19pm On Jun 14
Curious345:
What's your location pls? I have something that might interest you cool
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by NwaliE01: 4:24pm On Jun 14
Peledonomy:

Are you a farmer?

Do you have knowledge/experience on farming?

If your answer is no, bros. You will loose the money.
Firstly, go and learn from real farmers, gain experience so as to get your facts and figures right. Then launch. Many people saying yes, yes, yes, are not farmers to begin with.

My advise to you is not to invest your hard earned money where you don't have knowledge/experience.

Run from those people telling you there are profits, you wouldn't loose your money etc. Rather find solace in those pointing out dangers for you and find a way to walk through them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Jii95: 4:24pm On Jun 14
Curious345:
Come to Benue, there are safe places like Gboko, Ushongo, etc where you can farm peacefully. With just 1m out of that your 5m, you can get x3 of your investment. I was able to invest in 6 plots of land using less than 400k, and I can proudly say that I have cassava chips 21 bags, each worth 52k, 8 bags of garri and 12 bags of akpu.
I rented the place for 2 years. Around May this year, I decided to try again with an improved funds. And by God's grace, I won't regret. Cassava farming is good and profitable.
You can contact me for an honest guide. 07064390347

1 Like

Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Verbtips(m): 5:30pm On Jun 14
Curious345:
try ekiti
virgin land dey gan sef
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Khallicopyro: 5:37pm On Jun 14
If you own a land use that money to plant cocoa. Plant the hybrid cocoa. You will thank me later. But if it is a temporary land cassava is good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Optimum Quality Crayfish, Best Prices / Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? / Governor Obiano Flags Off 2021 Wet Season Farming(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.