Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,119 members, 7,925,515 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 05:06 PM

Naija Roads Vs Tesla Self-driving : Naija Man Tests Self-driving On The Road - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Naija Roads Vs Tesla Self-driving : Naija Man Tests Self-driving On The Road (41673 Views)

After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job / Car Driving On Three Wheels In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija Roads Vs Tesla Self-driving : Naija Man Tests Self-driving On The Road by DangoteIvy: 4:23pm On Jun 14
KILLED SEVERAL PEOPLE.

In March 2023, a North Carolina student was stepping off a school bus when he was struck by a Tesla Model Y traveling at “highway speeds,” according to a federal investigation that published today. The Tesla driver was using Autopilot, the automaker’s advanced driver-assist feature that Elon Musk insists will eventually lead to fully autonomous cars.

Tesla’s Autopilot and Full Self-Driving linked to hundreds of crashes, dozens of deaths

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-5fLK0Ivaw?si=RMhYqQNbHrNfljP6 [/url]

Tesla has settled a lawsuit over a 2018 car crash that killed an Apple engineer after his Model X, operating on Autopilot, swerved off a highway near San Francisco, court documents showed on Monday.

The settlement was made on the eve of the trial over the high-profile accident involving Tesla's driver-assistant technology. Tesla faces a series of lawsuits over crashes related to the alleged use of Autopilot, putting the automaker at risk of large monetary judgments and reputational damage.

1 Like

Re: Naija Roads Vs Tesla Self-driving : Naija Man Tests Self-driving On The Road by naijamanyoutube(m): 7:11pm On Aug 08
grin grin grin You read well.

tuzle:
baba try car for Nevada, u talk say he is even in the best part of Nigeria, abi na me no read well ni
Re: Naija Roads Vs Tesla Self-driving : Naija Man Tests Self-driving On The Road by naijamanyoutube(m): 7:12pm On Aug 08
I for give you a ride.
GboyegaD:

I know the road in the video very well, that is East Sunset right behind the airport.

As for self driving, I am not sure how comfortable I am with that right now. Maybe as the software keeps getting updated, it will get to the point where I am comfortable cruising in such vehicles.
Re: Naija Roads Vs Tesla Self-driving : Naija Man Tests Self-driving On The Road by naijamanyoutube(m): 7:14pm On Aug 08
I'm fine, you? You are right.

Konquest:

How's it going @Naijamanyoutube?

There are a few Teslas in Nigeria though. With more advanced motion sensors, even in near-chaotic road situations, self-driving cars can be fully used in places such as Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, etc, just like we have self-driving taxis in San Francisco.

1 Like

Re: Naija Roads Vs Tesla Self-driving : Naija Man Tests Self-driving On The Road by naijamanyoutube(m): 7:23pm On Aug 08
grin
Entanglement:
hope no he glo network you dey use take coordinate this car? undecided
Re: Naija Roads Vs Tesla Self-driving : Naija Man Tests Self-driving On The Road by naijamanyoutube(m): 7:24pm On Aug 08
Thank you for the reply

BreconHills:

Ignore the uninformed comments; there are already self parking and self driving capable cars in Lagos. The mapping in Lagos is pretty good especially with Waze which I understand has been acquired by Google.

There is no legislation backing driverless cars so I suspect no one would try anything other than self parking - it would simply be illegal.

Great fun you are having there! wink

2 Likes

Re: Naija Roads Vs Tesla Self-driving : Naija Man Tests Self-driving On The Road by naijamanyoutube(m): 7:25pm On Aug 08
It did?

Blessedpalms:

Nice to see your post made front page
Re: Naija Roads Vs Tesla Self-driving : Naija Man Tests Self-driving On The Road by naijamanyoutube(m): 7:25pm On Aug 08
grin grin grin
richmanrichard:
Try it in the north, I would take you to Boko Haram camp

1 Like

Re: Naija Roads Vs Tesla Self-driving : Naija Man Tests Self-driving On The Road by naijamanyoutube(m): 7:26pm On Aug 08
grin grin grin
RealEzee:
Its like u wanna change ur. address to spirit world estate permanently grin
Re: Naija Roads Vs Tesla Self-driving : Naija Man Tests Self-driving On The Road by naijamanyoutube(m): 7:27pm On Aug 08
grin grin grin
kenny714433:
Op, next time just tie a big cardboard on your hands and label them "Left" and "Right" before you make this videos.

As for if it will work in Nigeria, it won't last for 30 minutes before the program crashes due to overwork.

It would keep updating new scenarios into its server before your know it, AWS cloud is filled.

Fvck with lawless Nigerians and see the consequences.
Re: Naija Roads Vs Tesla Self-driving : Naija Man Tests Self-driving On The Road by GboyegaD(m): 7:33pm On Aug 08
naijamanyoutube:
I for give you a ride.

Bros, How una dey na? I go call you soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Innoson Shares 1000 Bags Of Rice, Gifts Anambra An Ambulance- PICTURES / Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? / Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.