Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,325 members, 7,910,663 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 02:16 PM

University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission - Education (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission (188155 Views)

Poll: What are the performance of students that wrote UTME this year?

Excellent: 15% (3 votes)
Good: 15% (3 votes)
Fair: 50% (10 votes)
Poor: 20% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: What is the basis UI used in calculating their cut-off points last year?

60:40: 33% (12 votes)
50:50: 2% (1 vote)
60:40 but may change this year: 19% (7 votes)
50:50 but may change this year: 22% (8 votes)
Don't know: 22% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2012/2013 Admissions. ND/HND / Federal University Of Agriculture,abeokuta (funaab) 2012/2013 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by AbdHafeez1(m): 1:46pm On Jun 13, 2012
lekkan: (iii) Candidates can return to the portal, up till Thursday 14th June 2012 to edit/complete their previous entries or otherwise review and print their
submissions. Please ensure that you click "FINAL SUBMISSION" before printing. Applicants should note that no further editing CAN be done after final submissions
so y are you guys confusing people?
I wonder o.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 13, 2012
i'm having banking & finance from the polytechnic,ibadan & want to cross into u.i through direct entry to study economics is dis possible u can holla me on 2go "buyusjesus"
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 13, 2012
tundezy: I confirmed this from a reliable source dis morning. U.i is still using d 60:40 method of screening and students that choose d school dis year are not much like the previous years. Dis year cut off 4 some courses will be reduced but some will still be the same or even higher, e.g engineering course, medicine,economic,law and so on. The course will d lowest cut off will be vetenary medicine and Archaeology. Goodluck!
Hello i'm having banking & finance from the polytechnic,ibadan & want to cross into u.i through direct entry to study economics is dis possible
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 13, 2012
Lheyhe: THIS IS TO NOTIFY ALL CANDIDATE THAT MADE ANY MISTAKE IN THE PROCESS OF REGISTERING FOR THEIR P-UME THAT THEY CAN STILL GO BACK AND RE-EDIT THEIR SLIP WITH THEIR USERNAME AND PIN.
Hello i'm having banking & finance from the polytechnic,ibadan & want to cross into u.i through direct entry to study economics is dis possible
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by tundezy: 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2012
@buyujesus, i will advice u go to d admission office to find out urself, and i also think u will have a better chance if ur b/f is @ dinstinction level. Gudluck!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by tundezy: 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2012
The online submision of ur o'level and jamb result will come to an end tomorrow 14th of june while the processing and selection will commence immediately and names will be shortlisted on 22nd of june. If you are yet to pay @ d bank, u still have a day left. Please, study hard and pray because notin like RUNS and post utme EXPO in u.i See u guyz on top
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by oyedun82(m): 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2012
Wen z d exam date, june 26 or 22. Pls coz osu is also june 26
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by PrinceAdeoluwa(m): 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2012
Lheyhe:
You can still re-edit any mistakes you make, the last day for the correction is on thursday the 14th of this month.
hp u 4get dat u re nt 2 mk submission twice, u re-editing and also re-submission of ur form is dangerous
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by PrinceAdeoluwa(m): 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2012
Abd'Hafeez:

I wonder o.
help me tell them ooo, simple instruction.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by Babsbak(m): 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2012
Pls guys wen is d p.utme xam comin up.*NEED AN URGENT REPLY*
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by PrinceAdeoluwa(m): 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2012
TAKE UR TIME TO READ DIS VITAL INFORMATION FROM THE CHAIRMAN OF UNDERGRADUATED ADMISSION COMMITTE MR. Joseph Anthony.
He disclose dat its anticipated dat d university will be inviting between 9000 to 10,000 candidates using d Jamb criteria of merit, locality and Elds to write d examination dis year in contrast to last year's exercise where approximately 5000 candidates wrote d examination because the university of ibadan is increasing access to all candidates by this phased increase in d post ume participation examination.
so what we did was to put them into different program, unfortunately some of them did nt accept the offer of admission, dis year as soon as we put on the web and we send d invitations to them, we would open up anoda site on d ui portal where they would then indicate "i choose ui as first or i choose ui as second choice. IN A NUTHSHEL DIS MEANS UI IS NT USING 60:40 4 DIS YRS ADMISSION,so they re trying 2 mk use of jamb as d criteria into different departmen. AS STATED @ tribune.com.ng/index.php LOG IN TO CLARIFY URSELF.
2go: Tobken1

Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by PrinceAdeoluwa(m): 6:15pm On Jun 13, 2012
tundezy: I confirmed this from a reliable source dis morning. U.i is still using d 60:40 method of screening and students that choose d school dis year are not much like the previous years. Dis year cut off 4 some courses will be reduced but some will still be the same or even higher, e.g engineering course, medicine,economic,law and so on. The course will d lowest cut off will be vetenary medicine and Archaeology. Goodluck!
let knw d source where u get dat from dude.
CHECK DIS OUT 4RM A RELIABLE SOURCE
TAKE UR TIME TO READ DIS VITAL INFORMATION FROM THE CHAIRMAN OF UNDERGRADUATED ADMISSION COMMITTE MR. Joseph Anthony.
He disclose dat its anticipated dat d university will be inviting between 9000 to 10,000 candidates using d Jamb criteria of merit, locality and Elds to write d examination dis year in contrast to last year's exercise where approximately 5000 candidates wrote d examination because the university of ibadan is increasing access to all candidates by this phased increase in d post ume participation examination.
so what we did was to put them into different program, unfortunately some of them did nt accept the offer of admission, dis year as soon as we put on the web and we send d invitations to them, we would open up anoda site on d ui portal where they would then indicate "i choose ui as first or i choose ui as second choice. IN A NUTHSHEL DIS MEANS UI IS NT USING 60:40 4 DIS YRS ADMISSION,so they re trying 2 mk use of jamb as d criteria into different departmen. AS STATED @ tribune.com.ng/index.php LOG IN TO CLARIFY URSELF.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 13, 2012
Prince Adeoluwa: let knw d source where u get dat from dude.
CHECK DIS OUT 4RM A RELIABLE SOURCE

I anticipated this. Jamb criteria means SSCE grades are now irrelevant. The era of 60 : 40 or 50 : 50 has passed. U I will have more customers next year.
Good development.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by mickzzy(m): 7:41pm On Jun 13, 2012
Prince Adeoluwa: hp u 4get dat u re nt 2 mk submission twice, u re-editing and also re-submission of ur form is dangerous
M nt editing i jez want 2 print the 2nd part of the print out can i go on with it nd wont there be any dangerous problem of re-submittn my application.What will u advise?PLEASE ANSWER URGENTLY B4 TIME RUNS OUT!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by Babsbak(m): 8:27pm On Jun 13, 2012
Pls sum1 2 ansa m wen is d xam date
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by tobex40(m): 11:14pm On Jun 13, 2012
morufoye:

I anticipated this. Jamb criteria means SSCE grades are now irrelevant. The era of 60 : 40 or 50 : 50 has passed. U I will have more customers next year.
Good development.
There's nothing to gain bragging which method ui will use dis year. I think this shud b left 4 d skul senate to decide, al we shud b doing now is to pray to God whichever method they chooses 4 d invitation to favour us....lets jus wait and hope in God till 22nd! I beg una.
Bsides, @ PRINCE ADEOLUWA reread dat sentence again cos i dnt fink u undastands prof. Wood well, he's tryin to let u no dat jamb's principle or criteria of merit, elds and locality is valid 4 dis yr's invitation as other yrs ie d elds pt wil b lowa dan locality pt which wil b lowa dan d merit. Prof did nt in anyhow annuld d 60:40 or o'level method is his statement or say dat d jamb result wil b d criteria.
Plz try to read meaning into sum1's words and not cuming up wit d rong thinking or idea dat suits u. B +ve and careful wit wat u post here and stop deceivin #landers.
Fellow #lands o'level is valid.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by Lheyhe(m): 12:59am On Jun 14, 2012
I PITY THOSE THAT REGISTER FOR UI ADMISSION WITHOUT CONSIDERING THE 60:40 METHOD. Why did u think they want to shortlist candidate for the post ume on the 22nd and not invite all candidates.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by Lheyhe(m): 1:12am On Jun 14, 2012
Why are u guyz finding this simple English difficult to understand
(iii) Candidates can RETURN to the portal, UP TILL Thursday 14th June 2012 to EDIT/COMPLETE their previous entries or otherwise REVIEW and PRINT their
submissions. Please ensure that you click "FINAL SUBMISSION" before printing. Applicants should note that no further editing can be done after final submissions.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by AbdHafeez1(m): 2:52am On Jun 14, 2012
Lheyhe: Why are u guyz finding this simple English difficult to understand
(iii) Candidates can RETURN to the portal, UP TILL Thursday 14th June 2012 to EDIT/COMPLETE their previous entries or otherwise REVIEW and PRINT their
submissions. Please ensure that you click "FINAL SUBMISSION" before printing. Applicants should note that no further editing can be done after final submissions.
Thats what we are saying.Some Nairalanders here want to edit after clicking final submission!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by Nobody: 6:27am On Jun 14, 2012
@tobex40
I think what we do here is share information and there is no point taking offense when somebody says something that might not favor you. Just say what you think and move on. Prince adeoluwa has proven to be very supportive and helpful on this thread and thus has scored a lot of points as regards earning respect. He only shared an info he had. He deserves to be thanked not beleaguered.
That was in a very simple English. Why is it so difficult for you to understand? Are you sure you are ready for ui putme? Lo and behold, comprehension might be part of the test.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by Lheyhe(m): 6:54am On Jun 14, 2012
Abd'Hafeez:

Thats what we are saying.Some Nairalanders here want to edit after clicking final submission!
YES u can edit after clicking final submission provided u do it b4 14th of June 11:59pm and u have the username and pin, I re-edited my slip like 4 times last year because UI won't accept any silly mistake. All u need to do is to re-upload ur picture and signature and also make sure u click FINAL SUBMISSION after re-editing. U can also come to the school to confirm this today bcause 2morrow will be too late to correct ur mistakes. What they meant by multiple submission is that u must not use two pin for the same user.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by Shegz94: 7:02am On Jun 14, 2012
Lilly001: .
Am very sorry 4 d late reply@shegzy..ur aggregate is 75.7.. Buh last yr cutoff was 77.0..u beat d locality cutoff.
Buh let just pray d cutoff reduces dis yr..buh if to say na last yr cutoff they wan use..u beat d locality..chance still dey
@ Lilly, u're appreciated!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by PrinceAdeoluwa(m): 7:25am On Jun 14, 2012
morufoye:

Good development.
morufoye u gat wat d chairmain meant, so 4 those of u dat s still carrying d rumours of 60:40 shuld go and start reading 4 their post ume coz d post tme screening test is mainly to test every candidate if truly they own their jamb score, so u imagine hw hard d exam would be. Goodluck
2go:Tobken1
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by PrinceAdeoluwa(m): 7:32am On Jun 14, 2012
Lheyhe:
YES u can edit after clicking final submission provided u do it b4 14th of June 11:59pm and u have the username and pin, I re-edited my slip like 4 times last year because UI won't accept any silly mistake. All u need to do is to re-upload ur picture and signature and also make sure u click FINAL SUBMISSION after re-editing. U can also come to the school to confirm this today bcause 2morrow will be too late to correct ur mistakes. What they meant by multiple submission is that u must not use two pin for the same user.
u re wrong dude, d instruction was dat b4 u click final submission u must ve made all possible correction, because afta clicking final submission u cant made any change again, as for double submission we lead to disqualify. Dnt mislead nairalander. Dnt u knw no one can ever use two pin 4 same user, coz dat s anoda additional 2000naira making 4000, think abt it b4 u post.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 14, 2012
tundezy: @buyujesus, i will advice u go to d admission office to find out urself, and i also think u will have a better chance if ur b/f is @ dinstinction level. Gudluck!
can u help me to make enquiry from the admission pls
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by PrinceAdeoluwa(m): 7:47am On Jun 14, 2012
tobex40:
There's nothing to gain bragging which method ui will use dis year. I think this shud b left 4 d skul senate to decide, al we shud b doing now is to pray to God whichever method they chooses 4 d invitation to favour us....lets jus wait and hope in God till 22nd! I beg una.
Bsides, @ PRINCE ADEOLUWA reread dat sentence again cos i dnt fink u undastands prof. Wood well, he's tryin to let u no dat jamb's principle or criteria of merit, elds and locality is valid 4 dis yr's invitation as other yrs ie d elds pt wil b lowa dan locality pt which wil b lowa dan d merit. Prof did nt in anyhow annuld d 60:40 or o'level method is his statement or say dat d jamb result wil b d criteria.
Plz try to read meaning into sum1's words and not cuming up wit d rong thinking or idea dat suits u. B ve and careful wit wat u post here and stop deceivin #landers.
Fellow #lands o'level is valid.
@ tobex u make me laugh.. Coz d meaning u just read 2 dis statement by woods actually wrong, i didnt actually believe wen i first go through it, bt i mk confirmation on dis statement, so dnt just quote my statement wit wrong interpretation.
If u like believe if u like dnt believe, wat u ll find out is dat ui is nw progressing in their method of application, seat dwn there they wait 4 60:40, no go they read. Bt just dnt make dat statement again dat am deceiving nairalanders''. Bleep off.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by tobex40(m): 7:55am On Jun 14, 2012
@morufoye i meant no offence with that post, So if its hurts anybody dat person shud 4giv. But, try to undastand me, plz go and reread d tribune, prof wood neva said 'jamb result wil now b used instead of o'level or vice versa dis yr'. Al he's sayn is dat jamb CRITERIA, in othewords principle of invitn cand. base on d merit pt, locatily pt, and elds pt which he emphasised on immediately is still 2 b used dis yr.
Take it or u leave it, without o'level, there's no place 4 one in ui putme.
Its just about 8 days today, and everybody wil undastand him v well.
However, ui aspirant shud get ready cos d putme is goin to b survival of d fittest. Its a gud news dat more cand wil b invited dan last yr. Wat is certain is dat once invited, u hav an 80% possibility to gain admission. Gudluck pals!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by PrinceAdeoluwa(m): 8:02am On Jun 14, 2012
Lheyhe: I PITY THOSE THAT REGISTER FOR UI ADMISSION WITHOUT CONSIDERING THE 60:40 METHOD. Why did u think they want to shortlist candidate for the post ume on the 22nd and not invite all candidates.
bt u re nt God and u dnt actually knw wat ui admission committe have in mind 4 dis years shorlisting so dnt be pessimistic, and dnt try 2 put fear into nairalanders mind.
dnt let drag on dis again, let leave it till afta 22nd of dis mnth. Is no more far it is next week friday ok. Goodluck.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by PrinceAdeoluwa(m): 8:08am On Jun 14, 2012
Baba God na hm fit do am ooooo 8 more days 2 go
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by tobex40(m): 8:25am On Jun 14, 2012
Prince Adeoluwa: @ tobex u make me laugh.. Coz d meaning u just read 2 dis statement by woods actually wrong, i didnt actually believe wen i first go through it, bt i mk confirmation on dis statement, so dnt just quote my statement wit wrong interpretation.
If u like believe if u like dnt believe, wat u ll find out is dat ui is nw progressing in their method of application, seat dwn there they wait 4 60:40, no go they read. Bt just dnt make dat statement again dat am deceiving nairalanders''. Bleep off.
I will gain ntn in deceiving anybody here in #land. Luk, i confirmed my statement by using d helpdesk provided 4 dis yr's admission by ui, and one of d admission personnel confirmed dat its stil both jamb and o'level. So, #lands dont b confused or deceivd, use ui helpdesk for ur genuine info and answers to ur numerous questions or go straight to admission block in ui. Thank u!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by 2nex(m): 10:19am On Jun 14, 2012
@tobex40 tanks 4d info...bt my qstn is wat r d chances of dose dat chose u.i as 2nd choice..wil dey b shortlisted..pls nd ur enlightment on ds tanks
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission by Lilly001(m): 10:40am On Jun 14, 2012
See hw English dey kill people..I just wenttru d Tribune stuffs..Wat d prof means abt JAMB CRITERIA of merit, locality ad elds is d same as last yr.he said d diff btw last yr and dis yr is dat btw 9000 to 10000 pple will be invited whereas last yr na 5000 was invited all tru. He also said pple failed d pj last yr..So all he means is dat more candiidates will be invited buh d criteria of merit, locality and elds still dey kampe..so d cutoff will reduce wella.If u dey doubt me..go find dat info on tribune..give it a an english language GURU or teacher or Prof to interprete it 4 u.. I can assure all of u 99percent dat d cutoffs re coming down.
Na still 60:30 ooo....99percent guaranted
CHEERs

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (101)

JAMB/UTME 2012 Result Is Out! / JAMB-UTME 2013 Results Thread / Delta State University Abraka Admission 2013/2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.