Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,352 members, 7,940,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 01:46 AM

Fees For Deposits? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fees For Deposits? (689 Views)

DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits / Banks In Dilemma Over Idle $5bn Deposits / 15% CRR: Banks Face Increased Competition For Deposits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fees For Deposits? by sanguish: 4:31am On Nov 23, 2011
I am a Canadian business man who has just sold a large parcel of land in Lagos.

I've been told that there is a cash percentage of the check amount required to deposit the money in a Nigerian bank, even though I'm a Canadian national with documentation.

That is

I must have say $330,000 in US cash to deposit a $3.7m check.

Is this true? I inherited this land, have nowhere near this type of money, and my lawyer knew that going into things. He essentially created an unclose able deal.

Any information would be much appreciated.
Re: Fees For Deposits? by gonakoya20: 6:09pm On Nov 23, 2011
You don't have to deposit any money in the bank , i think this shady business wake sir/ ma
Re: Fees For Deposits? by sanguish: 6:13am On Nov 24, 2011
This is as I thought. However I'm sure how he would manage this considering I'm in the country and would be at the bank with him.

He claims you show them the money, that's all. Yet I've not seen this on any of the big Nigerian bank sites.

Something smells REALLY fishy. I agree.

Anyone else able to verify this?
Re: Fees For Deposits? by yamakuza: 9:57am On Nov 24, 2011
^ why not walk into the nearest bank and ask? Better still, EFCC.
Re: Fees For Deposits? by sanguish: 6:12am On Nov 25, 2011
If _I_ was there, I would. But I'm in Canada. There was a court case to get the land back, and after that I had to return to work. So the lawyer could handle the issues, since he knew my Father, I assumed it wouldn't be an issue.

Sigh. mistake.

But still having the deed and the buyers wanting it, I think the lawyer has made a mistake. He didn't anticipate my OCD taking over and doing research up the wazoo. I've spoken to one account manager already.

I appreciate the input from both of you. This put me on the lookout and caused much more intensive research.

Now I just need to determine if there is a Nigerian Lawyer complaint organization.

Thanks to you both
Re: Fees For Deposits? by sanguish: 6:12am On Nov 25, 2011
efcc?
Re: Fees For Deposits? by yamakuza: 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2011
sanguish:

efcc?

Economic and Financial Crimes Commission : they could entrap him.

Thought you said u were in the country?

Your account manager should be able to guide you through this.
Re: Fees For Deposits? by phattongue: 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2011
hello Mr, I have a feeling that you kind of trust nobody still you have to trust someone, I must say all you need is information and some genuine contacts to help resolve the issue at hand, but as simple as it appears it may be a bit complicated owing to the fact that all you need is not obtainable in one place, I can be of help by helping you get all the information you require and suggesting contacts in terms of a reputable law firm, bank details and other things you may need to make this a success, but you will have to raise me a token for mobility and I will not mind being compensated for a job weldone at the end of it all, also, before your deposit is made you may have to visit NIGERIA to be sure and once you are satisfied you can make the deposit yourself, my mail is samora_dean@yahoo.com and phone is +2347066454949

(1) (Reply)

OIL & GAS Business / 2m Bbl Flco Needed In Naira Deal(72/4)nigerian Water / Good Business Opinions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.