Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,947 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:45 AM

Sen. Ali Ndume, Mass Wedding, And The Logic Of People Driven Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen. Ali Ndume, Mass Wedding, And The Logic Of People Driven Corruption (119 Views)

Ndume: Our Corruption Is People-Driven, Politicians Share Their Loot With People / See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) / Buhari Has Driven Corruption Under The Table - Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sen. Ali Ndume, Mass Wedding, And The Logic Of People Driven Corruption by CAkpos(m): 1:32pm On May 17
I read in some Nigerian dailies that if anyone would be killed for corruption that has to do with stealing from the public purse, the stealing has to be in trillions.That is to say, a stealer of a million or a billion naira is not a thief or has not stolen enough. He or she is an apprentice whose stealing should not be overlooked. Stealing in the region of a billion should be considered a tolerated thievery. This is, as reported, coming from a high-ranking senator whom I admire for his candidness—especially in calling a spade a spade—during an interview.

However, I have some misgivings. Did he really say it? If any lawmaker would say that, it should not be the Ndume I know. I searched for the Channels TV interview only to confirm that Sen. Ali Ndume actually said so. It was a question about the death penalty for drug dealers vis-à-vis the condemnation of such a penalty by human rights activists. Ndume spoke passionately and logically to my satisfaction.

More information is in the link: https://thenews-chronicle.com/sen-ali-ndume-mass-wedding-and-the-logic-of-people-driven-corruption/

Re: Sen. Ali Ndume, Mass Wedding, And The Logic Of People Driven Corruption by orohbiro(f): 1:39pm On May 17
Mama: My son go into Nigeria and show them shege
Tinubu: OK mummy

(1) (Reply)

Chief Justices Of Nigeria / Igp’s Wife, Egbetokun Empowers Deceased Officers’ Families In Osun / 2 Charged For Possession Of Solid Minerals Without Licence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.