Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,163 members, 7,977,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 06:54 AM

Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures (11982 Views)

Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits / Do You Need an Architect for your building designs, Renovations, Interiors / Post Construction Audit Of All Existing Structures In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by WorldRichest: 1:39pm On May 18
Alexlalax1:
So if I wan change bulb or fixing plumbing problems in my house, I should obtain permit first. Clowns!!!! Na only Mumu dey invest for that glorified slum with the way things are playing there currently. Everybody should think home.

I wonder why you all dropped out of Primary School and jumped into Mallam Audu's trailer carrying Cows from Bornu through Igboland to the glorified slum to come and sell Gala and La Casera inside glorified slum holdups

1 Like

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by chopnaira: 1:40pm On May 18
saahgroups:
Though I agree that things are very hard in the country at the moment but the planning and renovation permit is done almost every where in the world.
Like in UK and some EU countries..if you want to change your roof, window, external doors 🚪..even sometimes they as for existing and proposed architectural drawings, just for changing the type of building components. But you can do renovation inside the house without necessarily getting a permit.
Same in North America and many other African countries. Any renovation that could affect the structural safety of a dwelling will need permit.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:45pm On May 18
Tap0lane:
How is this news or maybe it is to anyone that as never built or renovated a house in Lagos before. I knew this over 5 years ago.

So, you've been using permits to re-paint, re-plaster or patch your leaking roof since the past 5yrs and you didn't see anything wrong with that?

And others need to start doing as you did/do?
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by ceejay80s(m): 1:47pm On May 18
We need to bring down this government with force, we need to stand to get her an force a revolution.....
Tinubu will ask arm to shoot but one day .....

U can't be living large out of my tax and still be forming Voltron on me
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:53pm On May 18
chopnaira:

Same in North America and many other African countries. Any renovation that could affect the structural safety of a dwelling will need permit.

Did you guys read the article before telling us about North America, Europe and other African countries??

The article is talking about re-painting, re-plastering and other aesthetic renovations, structural alterations

Una de dey too quick to compare even when clear assimilation hasn't been made
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:09pm On May 18
Last general election in Lagos shocked Tulumbu the Bat 🦇 and he thing the only way to avoid another disgraceful outing is to frustrate Igbos by destroying their properties and unnecessary taxation.. let me remind him .. any okoro that owns a building in Lagos has chima ezego of china, Emeka nwa ego of cambodia .... Ichie Agulu of Hamburg, Odogwu of Taipei, Onowu of Tokyo etc as brothers, friends , relatives or associates.. and these are the people bankrolling them whenever Tulumbu and his hateful goons come up with multiple taxation to frustrate Igbos out of Lagos so he can have his way.... No amount of tax u taxed Igbos will make them leave Lagos for people that were in their various villages in Osun Oyo Ibadan Ogun etc when Igbos were busy closing swamps and erecting buildings on it . U can't ripe where u didn't sow ...

Before u quote me.... Ask yourself why Igbos are not complaining about the economy hardship in Nigeria.. maybe u will get some clues

You must block Nigeria border entirely to get on them ... Failure to do so.. Igbos will continue to thrive...
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Believeintruth: 2:15pm On May 18
Josephkabila12:
you stvpid ibo beggers are just too draft and wretched from barren southeast. Who stops you ibos from leaving Lagos State with the polythene bag you came with and relocate to ur barren southeast ibo
Dude just shit your mouth there. The same people you call from barren lands are the ones you are in a hurry to sell lands to, and also for the record you are not a Lagosian so it also affects you
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Believeintruth: 2:16pm On May 18
ajimo54:

Na you be mumu! If u go outside Nigeria, u will know that Nigerians are not normal! You want good governance but not prepared to pay the due of good governance!

So this new policy is good governance abi.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Believeintruth: 2:17pm On May 18
Haaland21:

What is the business of alaigbo people with what happens in Lagos?
Face your region, and develop it.
Stop being a nuisance all over the world because of your quest for illegal money.
Busy body

Oga go back to your SW state and stop claiming Lagos
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Believeintruth: 2:19pm On May 18
Taiwoabbey147:
Why are someone people crying because of this?In a civilized society that is how it is done.

So for plastering your house you need permits?
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Believeintruth: 2:21pm On May 18
Kingson28:

Glorified slum your people are trooping to just to sell gala and steal like Evans to become billionaires from the region of the rising scammers.

I keep asking you guys day in day out. Bring data that shows the migration of igbos from South east to Lagos in the past 20years let us analyse the trends. None of you have agreed to do it only to spread lies and ethnic baiting.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Jamie248: 2:32pm On May 18
More money for them to smoke cocaine
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Omeggie1(f): 2:34pm On May 18
Thank you for your time.

I really appreciate.

1000Capacity:

Done
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Successmind(m): 2:44pm On May 18
Small time dem we go con dey blame dos agents.... Lagos state government sef dey kill ppl
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Tap0lane: 3:06pm On May 18
From your monicker n name one can tell you will perish foolish. Where in that article were you told the renovation permit cover repainting patching leaking roof ?

ChybuzzDD:

So, you've been using permits to re-paint, re-plaster or patch your leaking roof since the past 5yrs and you didn't see anything wrong with that?

And others need to start doing as you did/do?
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:23pm On May 18
Tap0lane:
From your monicker n name one can tell you will perish foolish. Where in that article were you told the renovation permit cover repainting patching leaking roof ?

Read the exerpt below, you useless son of bastard yoruba man! Son of a useless creature!
You can't even read and understand simple write-ups before spewing out deeply-rooted ethnic hates!

''Renovating buildings in Lagos requires a permit from the Lagos State Physical Planning Permit Authority (LASPPPA) for activities such as retiling, re-plastering, and other aesthetic improvements, as per the Lagos State Physical Planning Permit Regulations, 2019''

1 Like

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by baralatie(m): 3:29pm On May 18
This is absolute fraud and retrogressive
So the last is saying for you to maintain the house you inhabit.you need a Lagos state planning approval
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Diligence: 3:46pm On May 18
Lagos is officially bereft of innovative ideas!

Tax kill una there!

Everyone: Take ur destinies in your hands, after all, the money they REALISE may never be accounted for, leaving behind avalanche of debts!

We say EMPHATIC NO! TO THIS!
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Kingson28: 3:47pm On May 18
Believeintruth:

I keep asking you guys day in day out. Bring data that shows the migration of igbos from South east to Lagos in the past 20years let us analyse the trends. None of you have agreed to do it only to spread lies and ethnic baiting.

Provide the data for us.
Thanks.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by surgical: 3:50pm On May 18
Alexlalax1:
So if I wan change bulb or fixing plumbing problems in my house, I should obtain permit first. Clowns!!!! Na only Mumu dey invest for that glorified slum with the way things are playing there currently. Everybody should think home.
Not only that I think it's time for the people of lagos to free themselves of these tax masters so they can breathe, it is time to end the reign of APC in lagos otherwise,they will suffocate and die under the yoke of APC

1 Like

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Sapasenator: 4:15pm On May 18
You guys are lucky say no property tax yet!
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Sapasenator: 4:17pm On May 18
Focusmind:
Make una relax!!!! The enforcement won't be that strong on ordinary people's properties. They will be targeting corporate buildings, commercial and highbrow areas renovations. Not one low budget renovation in mushin or ikorodu.

Don't be quick to say that, It can be used to target anyone in the future. Renovations are not an everyday affair so no big deal. I will get my permits.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by GodHimself(m): 4:45pm On May 18
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by starz100: 5:02pm On May 18
So if I my inside house needs painting I will get a permit for it.They will soon come with breathing and living permit.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Mrexcell(m): 7:03pm On May 18
What's the difference with what's called deve here in warri were violent touts from host communities extort residents for things a simple as packing ur filled soakaway pits?
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Mrexcell(m): 7:10pm On May 18
Alexlalax1:

This is exactly what is obtainable in some areas here in warri it's called deve u will see violent touts coming to extort residents for painting their houses, changing leaking zincs, packing filled soakaway pits etc.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by slowice(m): 7:48pm On May 18
If you show them your ronu republic Id you are free to renovate
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Alexlalax1(m): 8:05pm On May 18
Mrexcell:

This is exactly what is obtainable in some areas here in warri it's called deve u will see violent touts coming to extort residents for painting their houses, changing leaking zincs, packing filled soakaway pits etc.
ln a sane society, it's okay cuz you see the results of what you are paying for. Not in an unorganized clime like Naija
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Omodua(m): 8:16pm On May 18
LexngtonSteele:
grin

" Lagos is no man's land" they said.

Until Tinubu started dishing them free hometraining.

Now, they shout to UN, FIFA, UPS, FGGC and MI5 grin

They foolishly allowed their hate to crown 👑 Tinubu indirectly.

He will rule for 8 years and they can only but cry grin
One expects to you to say the truth for once.

Renovating a house requires a permit,even if it's plumbing and it's okay by you?

Where's your sense of reasoning??

I guess you don't own a House. Otherwise, you won't support this nebulous philosophy and order.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Believeintruth: 8:20pm On May 18
Kingson28:

Provide the data for us.
Thanks.

Oga you made the allegation, so you need to provide the data as evidence to support your allegation. If you cannot then it is mere stupid talk you just made.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Omodua(m): 8:22pm On May 18
Reality3080:
We are expecting the arrival of the ever narcissistic wailing wailers

The cry cry babies of Nigeria

They must cry about everything

Note ….I didn’t mention any name but just watch out for those who will reply me
Continue to support evil. Bad governance.

Are you satisfied with trend of events that ordinary plumbing job in your house requires permit? How?? Does it sound reasonable

Such nebulous philosophy should be discarded. No nation passes this trajectory to develop.

Lagos leaders will soon realize their policies will not help in the development of the state.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Omodua(m): 8:28pm On May 18
Tap0lane:
How is this news or maybe it is to anyone that as never built or renovated a house in Lagos before. I knew this over 5 years ago.

okay

Why bringing the topic again when residents are already done with the news. Why resuscitating it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

At Least 52 Die In Johannesburg Building Fire / Nigerian Building House Plan Designs. / A Beautiful Water Front estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.