Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,224 members, 7,964,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 04:54 AM

In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach (24282 Views)

Mourners Gather For Funerals Of Children After 'at Least 12' Killed By Hezbollah / UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets / Dead Decaying Bodies Litter The Streets Of Kyiv, Ukraine (Graphic Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by ClassicMan202(m): 7:10am On May 19
Ggg
Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by Greenfusion: 7:12am On May 19
Na this kind news APC morons dey like
Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by Solofresh2: 7:12am On May 19
Muslims for don bury comot mind since

3 Likes

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by Yankee101: 7:17am On May 19
You can inherit a man’s assets but you can’t bury him properly?

1 Like

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by omoredia: 7:17am On May 19
I be think sey money dey fall from sky in Canada as many idiots that supported tinubu were claiming. If you support tinubu life will remain hard for ur papa
Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by Winnin009: 7:22am On May 19
Why are my fellows so dull like this. Y’all shouting Muslim this and that; will the dead Muslim be buried in the bedroom?

They’re not talking about the cost of throwing a party or whatever. It’s literally the cost of the ground you want to put the person. The cost of digging the ground and covering it.

Do you guys get it now? Damn!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by travelzcruix: 7:22am On May 19
E loud " people cannot even go on credit". Lol
Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by Miramonica: 7:40am On May 19
uniquetechng:
You also pay those money in Nigeria, from mortuary charges to family elders' demands, I spent over 250k before burying my mum.
we spent more buring my Dad sef, close to 1.3 million, at a point I was like I have had it up to here, everybody just dey demand one thing or the other as if my siblings and I plug money from the tree... Infact, anybody wey fill say em fit stop the burial, I go use my last card make sure say the person go spend months in RSS custody.

I'm Igbo, you know how it is na, even the useless village youth, I been they wait for them to try any nonsense so I will teach them a lesson. But thank God everything went well.

2 Likes

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by papyjaypaul: 7:42am On May 19
vastolord4:
So even Canadians spend excessively on burial.. some people said it's only the igbos o! 🤔🤔
Burial and burial ceremony are not the same

3 Likes

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by osazsky(m): 7:52am On May 19
truthhurtsnaira:

Yep the Roman descendants way of life is destroying the world....especially the dance dance Blacks....
in Nigeria poor families spend more than 8000 dollars to bury the dead..them they buy reach 4 cows do d maths

1 Like

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by uniquetechng: 7:52am On May 19
Miramonica:
we spent more buring my Dad sef, close to 1.3 million, at a point I was like I have had it up to here, everybody just dey demand one thing or the other as if my siblings and I plug money from the tree... Infact, anybody wey fill say em fit stop the burial, I go use my last card make sure say the person go spend months in RSS custody.

I'm Igbo, you know how it is na, even the useless village youth, I been they wait for them to try any nonsense so I will teach them a lesson. But thank God everything went well.

.The only reason why we didn't spend more was because we buried her in our compound here in Lagos, and they still asked us to come to the village to perform the final burial rites whenever we are ready
The list they sent to us contain cow and two goats with other things include several tubers of yam.

3 Likes

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by AngelicBeing: 7:55am On May 19
angry
Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by osazsky(m): 7:56am On May 19
Solofresh2:
Muslims for don bury comot mind since
Muslim burial is expensive too...after the burial itself...u go cook for people for 40 days I know this Tru a friend dat lost her dad recently..I was shocked

4 Likes

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by AngelicBeing: 7:56am On May 19
uniquetechng:
.The only reason why we didn't spend more was because we burned her in our compound here in Lagos, and they still asked us to come to the village to perform the final burial rites whenever we are ready
The list they sent to us contain cow and two goats with other things include several tubers of yam.
They are hungry villagers, nawao sad

2 Likes

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by osazsky(m): 7:58am On May 19
uniquetechng:
.The only reason why we didn't spend more was because we burned her in our compound here in Lagos, and they still asked us to come to the village to perform the final burial rites whenever we are ready
u mean u creamicated ur mum..do dey do this in niaja
Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by godofuck231: 8:01am On May 19
Thats why they burn them like witches and condemned souls

1 Like

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by uniquetechng: 8:06am On May 19
osazsky:
u mean u creamicated ur mum..do dey do this in niaja
Auto correct changed it from buried to burned lol

3 Likes

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by uniquetechng: 8:07am On May 19
AngelicBeing:
They are hungry villagers, nawao sad
Very funny people, reaping were they didn't sow.

2 Likes

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by osazsky(m): 8:11am On May 19
uniquetechng:
Auto correct changed it from buried to burned lol
ok
Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by Procashtips(m): 8:15am On May 19
vastolord4:
So even Canadians spend excessively on burial.. some people said it's only the igbos o! 🤔🤔

The money is not to do party.
Its what you pay to put the dead body into the ground.

If you remove party expenses from Nigerian burials (Non muslim), you'd see that what's spent on the actual burial is minute.

Muslims don't even spend that much.

2 Likes

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by maasoap(m): 8:17am On May 19
STEWpid:
Chai..
Why should burying someone costs all that money??

The world should go the Muslim way in that aspect.

A dead person is already dead!!

There's no need for such iced meat!!

Their government can't help them provide a simple burial arrangement but have fund to build a permanent storage facilities for unclaimed dead bodies! What kind of fvckery is that?

4 Likes

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by Powersurge: 8:18am On May 19
emkz:
The next of kin say who don kpai don kpai. I cannot come and go and kill myself because I wan bury person.

It is clearly an economic decision.

It always makes sense to try our best to gove our last respects to the dead. It's one of the things that differentiates us from other animals.
Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by maasoap(m): 8:19am On May 19
Gadafii:
Muslim burial the best, who don die don die
Except for the rush that sometimes lead to burying people alive. We can do better in that aspect. I stopped one before

3 Likes

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by maasoap(m): 8:20am On May 19
Angelfrost:
They've never heard of the concept of CREMATION?!!

Abeg, Anti-Japa activist... This is not news.
Cremation is not cheap too. Then, comes the belief of the dead and its family
Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by CHAQUR: 8:33am On May 19
Their government needs cheap human parts for transplant... Reason they hike up the collection fee.
Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by Miramonica: 8:34am On May 19
uniquetechng:
.The only reason why we didn't spend more was because we buried her in our compound here in Lagos, and they still asked us to come to the village to perform the final burial rites whenever we are ready
That's Thier way bro, But we killed a Cow and goat for my Dad, when we came home for the burial, these guys have already calculated the list of drinks that we will buy...they handed over to me, I was pissed, close to 400k to buy drink, they even put Heineken and Stout...lol, fools wan drink premium beer untop our head, I just collected the list and started cancelling all the Heineken and Stout.

I told them that any of them wey Heineken or Stout dey hungry can go and buy it.

Basically, we only did the important traditional rites.

6 Likes

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by JoeEeL(m): 8:37am On May 19
IMMIGRANTS DON TOO FULL CANADA ALREADY.

IT'S NOT LIKE THESE IMMIGRANTS ARE COMING TO ESTABLISH BUSINESSES OR BRING INNOVATION. INSTEAD IT IS TO DEPEND SOLELY ON THE EXISTING JOBS AROUND, THEREBY CAUSING MORE UNEMPLOYMENT, INFLATION AND WHAT-HAVE-YOU.

IMPORT THE 3RD-WORLD, BECOME THE 3RD-WORLD.

1 Like

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by mmsen: 8:38am On May 19
AllenSpencer:
Western world!

You cannot even die in peace!

More than 80% of their population bury their dead with credit. I stand to be corrected.

With harsh and dwindling economy, people can no longer even go on credit.

Everything else is done on credit, why would they not also borrow to bury?

Car? Credit.

House? Huge Credit (it's called a death note in English).

Education? Credit.

Electronics? Credit.

Clothes? Even cheap clothes, nah credit (see Klarna's entire business model).

Even fuel sef, It's now credit that I see options for.

3 Likes

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by GreatOchuks: 8:44am On May 19
They should embrace the Chinese style; Cremation .
Once the person is confirmed dead , just drive to the outskirts of town , gather firewood, put the person on top , burn the body to ashes , then store some ashes in a jar to be kept at the Family house for memory purpose.

Una wan use billing kill next of kin

3 Likes

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by condensedmilk: 9:09am On May 19
JoeEeL:

IT'S NOT LIKE THESE IMMIGRANTS ARE COMING TO ESTABLISH BUSINESSES OR BRING INNOVATION. INSTEAD IT IS TO DEPEND SOLELY ON THE EXISTING JOBS AROUND, THEREBY CAUSING MORE UNEMPLOYMENT, INFLATION AND WHAT-HAVE-YOU.

how do you people think and write things like this?

Do you know how many foreigners that work in Nigeria and other parts of Africa? and do you think Africans can't do what they are doing here?

Do you know how much they earn while some tries as much to evade taxes?

Do you know how much that leaves Nigeria/Africa to the west as so called colonial tax?

Ask of the francophone nations and see why they are running to Russia for protection.

Do you know about the Royal Niger company in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by SIRTee15: 9:17am On May 19
JoeEeL:

What has this statement got to do with the topic.
Some of u just no get sense.

1 Like

Re: In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach by JoeEeL(m): 9:21am On May 19
vastolord4:

Why do u guys like to insert yourselves into everything? Why exactly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing / Russia Stages Massive Invasion War Games Off Ukraine(Pix) / Mark Zuckerberg Is The Biggest Billionaire Loser In 2018-see Current Net Worth

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.