Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:18 AM

Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven (15445 Views)

Why Heaven Is No Longer My Target / Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / "Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by safarifarms(m): 4:57pm On May 19
Greenfusion:
Your write up is not clearly understood by me, please expatiate.
People who have heaven as their goal are usually misguided by wrong teaching that puts them into a fear of hell and struggle to make heaven. But when you have the right teaching and understanding you fall in love with God and heaven is already your reality as you have the assurance that God now duels in you. You enter into your rest.

I know some of what I've said may still be confusing and rightly so. Getting to that level of understanding is not a thing of one day discussion. There's a lot you need to know about God and salvation to get there.

Even the old testament prophets and Angels were so interested in learning about Salvation.

1 Peter 1:10-16
New International Version
10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by Sleekfingers: 5:14pm On May 19
The way most Nigerians talk about God. One will think say Dem be better people......a country riddled with hypocrites, confused people......

Despite calling God up and down like mad people.......see as Dem country be ?

Awon confused people
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by Instantsmspro(m): 5:16pm On May 19
[Wow! This is inspiring... Please could you share the instances or what exactly you did that made you to focus more on God rather than just making heaven... Thanks πŸ™]

2 Likes

Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by Greenfusion: 5:41pm On May 19
safarifarms:

People who have heaven as their goal are usually misguided by wrong teaching that puts them into a fear of hell and struggle to make heaven. But when you have the right teaching and understanding you fall in love with God and heaven is already your reality as you have the assurance that God now duels in you. You enter into your rest.

I know some of what I've said may still be confusing and rightly so. Getting to that level of understanding is not a thing of one day discussion. There's a lot you need to know about God and salvation to get there.

Even the old testament prophets and Angels were so interested in learning about Salvation.

1 Peter 1:10-16
New International Version
10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.
Still confusing, so what should i focus on and how do i go about it?
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by sonofthunder: 6:20pm On May 19
Negroid001:
heaven doesn't exist.

Coming from someone that doesn't exist....... Bravo
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by efelico: 7:03pm On May 19
This is na normal stuff. Christianity is centered on living a life to please God and not to make Heaven. It's a misplacement of priority to put Heaven before living a life to please God.

This post remember me of how some people read not because they want to learn but because they don't want to fail exam. You can't miss Heaven striving to please God

2 Likes

Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by safarifarms(m): 7:35pm On May 19
Greenfusion:

Still confusing, so what should i focus on and how do i go about it?
Of course its not a thing that you will understand in a day or even a month because there's a lot you need to unlearn in order to learn the real truth.

If you are serious and someone exposes this truth to you from the Bible that you have been reading for years you would be amazed and wonder how this has been hidden from you for this many years of your exposure to the Bible.

Even Jesus' disciples had a hard time understanding it even when Jesus was teaching them. Jesus even noticed their incapacity to contain some of the things he wanted to expose to them and had to postpone it till after they received the Holy Spirit.

John 16:12-13
12] I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

When you know this truth you will enter into God's rest and be at total peace.

Do you know why people are so afraid of death? Its because they are scared of what happens after. If they will be with the Lord or go to total damnation. But when you understand this truth, you'll no longer be afraid because you'll become so sure that you are secured in the Lord. This kind of assurance and confidence is what enabled the early believers to continue preaching even in the face of death threats.

You need to have the hunger for the truth which will make you free, and get to learn from someone who knows the truth. You'll need to take the learning with great patience because the truth would challenge a lot of things you've believed wrongly about God. You'll really get more confused during the learning process but along the way the light will begin to shine in and you begin to ask intelligent questions and as you get the answers you become librated.

You see the book called the Bible? Its full of mysteries that are only revealed to a few. The few are those who really seek the truth.

In Jesus teachings he always deliberately used so as to hide the truth from the Pharisees who felt they know better than him but he'll later explain it to only his disciples because they were those who believed in him and seek the truth.

Matthew 13:10-11
And the disciples came and said to Him, β€œWhy do You speak to them in parables?” He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On May 19
Sleekfingers:
β–  The way most Nigerians talk about God. One will think say Dem be better people......a country riddled with hypocrites, confused people...... Despite calling God up and down like mad people.......see as Dem country be ? Awon confused people
Indeed! They hide their wickedness and evil behind the many many of God and Jesus Christ is instead what the trend is. grin
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by Jayhome24: 8:28pm On May 19
Oh so you want to make hell ba?
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by Greenfusion: 8:55pm On May 19
safarifarms:

Of course its not a thing that you will understand in a day or even a month because there's a lot you need to unlearn in order to learn the real truth.

If you are serious and someone exposes this truth to you from the Bible that you have been reading for years you would be amazed and wonder how this has been hidden from you for this many years of your exposure to the Bible.

Even Jesus' disciples had a hard time understanding it even when Jesus was teaching them. Jesus even noticed their incapacity to contain some of the things he wanted to expose to them and had to postpone it till after they received the Holy Spirit.

John 16:12-13
12] I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

When you know this truth you will enter into God's rest and be at total peace.

Do you know why people are so afraid of death? Its because they are scared of what happens after. If they will be with the Lord or go to total damnation. But when you understand this truth, you'll no longer be afraid because you'll become so sure that you are secured in the Lord. This kind of assurance and confidence is what enabled the early believers to continue preaching even in the face of death threats.

You need to have the hunger for the truth which will make you free, and get to learn from someone who knows the truth. You'll need to take the learning with great patience because the truth would challenge a lot of things you've believed wrongly about God. You'll really get more confused during the learning process but along the way the light will begin to shine in and you begin to ask intelligent questions and as you get the answers you become librated.

You see the book called the Bible? Its full of mysteries that are only revealed to a few. The few are those who really seek the truth.

In Jesus teachings he always deliberately used so as to hide the truth from the Pharisees who felt they know better than him but he'll later explain it to only his disciples because they were those who believed in him and seek the truth.

Matthew 13:10-11
And the disciples came and said to Him, β€œWhy do You speak to them in parables?” He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.
Okay, thank you
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by Kobojunkie: 5:07am On May 20
MysteryofLight:
β–  Believe it or not,someday you will end up in either heaven or hell. But if you continue like this,it will surely be hell:A place of pains,sorrow,regrets torments etc.
I am afraid their is not truth to your claim! undecided
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by Kobojunkie: 5:10am On May 20
D4gmail1:
β–  Don't be myopic. If you believe God can put his leg on the Earth as a foot stool then you must be thinking really really small of yourself and obviously you serve a small God. The Earth is smaller than a grain of sand when compared to the vast Universe 🌌. If someone can use the Earth 🌍 as a foot stool then it means there is someone else bigger than him who owns or controls the vast Universe, "The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool" this statement is an Esoteric statement meaning the Earth is under his command. Not someone placing his leg on Earth 🌍.
β–  God is everything and everywhere. God is the Universal Energy that dwells in us that is having an earthly experience. grin
So far so good! undecided

2. Say what now? undecided
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by essyiyk: 8:26am On May 20
my earnest desire too

2 Likes

Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by VULCAN(m): 10:09am On May 20
With all the multifaceted issues in the world...

...why should this concern you?

I cannot stand the sight of Amala.

But because I am psychologically balanced- I have no care nor interest in turning Amala eaters away from their passion.

You on the other hand aren't psychologically balanced.

Get Help

ReacherSaidNoth:
Why should anyone with half a brain aspire to end up in an imaginary jewish paradise in the first place?
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by LordReed(m): 4:19pm On May 20
sprints1:
My question is why would any sane being want to live forever... As a seasoned biologist I don't even care about heaven... After spending years on earth I will die and want to go and live somewhere else without the body... Where I wouldn't enjoy food or fun... All we will be doing according to the scripture is singing praise and worship.... Please let me enjoy my time on earth and die a peaceful death so that my progeny will learn and enjoy life.. Heaven and hell I don't want the two... Let me die and die no coming back or going elsewhere

I agree with you. And to add to this, in my short time on Earth I have come to realise that eternal life or living forever is not a worthy goal, not even if you were to never suffer any disease or age. The fact is the human mind doesn't quite comprehend what eternity means.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by sprints1: 6:53pm On May 20
LordReed:

I agree with you. And to add to this, in my short time on Earth I have come to realise that eternal life or living forever is not a worthy goal, not even if you were to never suffer any disease or age. The fact is the human mind doesn't quite comprehend what eternity means.
God bless you... I came to this reality when I had a near death experience... There is more to life sir... Than chasing heaven... I believe good deed is paramount... Whether good or bad the universe has a way of doing things... John was very holy yet beheaded... Cain that killed his brother died normally.... Just be yourself don't live to please anybody just be yourself
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On May 20
sprints1:
God bless you... I came to this reality when I had a near death experience... There is more to life sir... Than chasing heaven... I believe good deed is paramount... Whether good or bad the universe has a way of doing things... John was very holy yet beheaded... Cain that killed his brother died normally.... Just be yourself don't live to please anybody just be yourself
Eternally life and the chasing after of it was never meant for everyone to begin with. Jesus Christ said this over and over mind you but you lot never listen! grin
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by sprints1: 7:00pm On May 20
Kobojunkie:
Eternally life and the chasing after of it was never meant for everyone to begin with. Jesus Christ said this over and over mind you but you lot never listen! grin
interpreting the bible like a layman person... When Jesus said it is easier for a camel to enter through the needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God... Na joke u call am... Jesus did all he could to open you people eyes yet you people are still blind... Jesus was selfless and ready to speak the truth against all odds.... Oga go and sit down... Eternal life is not meant for people like you...
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On May 20
sprints1:
β–  interpreting the bible like a layman person...
β–  When Jesus said it is easier for a camel to enter through the needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God... Na joke u call am...
β–  Jesus did all he could to open you people eyes yet you people are still blind... Jesus was selfless and ready to speak the truth against all odds.... Oga go and sit down... Eternal life is not meant for people like you...
See... it is the foolish belief in interpretation nonsense that led you into the trap that is Christianity with its over 47,000 different interpretations(denominations) none of which remotely adheres to the contents of books that haven't changed in almost 2000 years. grin

2. You didn't bother to read what Jesus Christ said at all in that very same context when asked by the rich young man how to become perfect, did you? The command Jesus Christ gave to the rich boy right there in Matthew 19 applies to all who wish to become of HIm
20 The young man said, β€œI have obeyed all these commands. What else do I need?”
21 Jesus answered, β€œIf you want to be perfect, then go and sell all that you own. Give the money to the poor, and you will have riches in heaven. Then come and follow me!”
When Jesus Christ said it would be easier for a camel to enter through the eye of a literal needle than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God, He meant it is pretty much impossible for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God. Why? Because one of the criteria for entering into the Kingdom of God set by Jesus Christ is that one has to lose the life he has to save it - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39 & Matthew 16 vs 24 - 28 & Luke 17 vs 33 & John 12 vs 25 & Mark 8 vs 35–37 & Luke 9 vs 24–25 - where the life one has includes family, friends, properties, jobs/careers, reputation, etc. undecided

In Matthew 13, by way of a parable, Jesus Christ described the Kingdom of God as a treasure that one has to sell everything he owns to purchase.
44 β€œGod’s kingdom is like a treasure hidden in a field. One day a man found the treasure. He hid it again and was so happy that he went and sold everything he owned and bought the field.
45 β€œAlso, God’s kingdom is like a merchant looking for fine pearls.
46 One day he found a very fine pearl. He went and sold everything he had to buy it. - Matthew 13 vs 44-46
To understand what is contained in Scripture, including the Words of Jesus Christ, you merely need to pay attention to His Words and Teachings. undecided

3. Eternal life is not meant for people like me but it is meant for people like you who have no care for it.🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 Like I said previously, Eternal life and the chasing after of it was never meant for everyone to begin with. Jesus Christ said this over and over mind you but you lot never listen to Him! grin
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by LordReed(m): 9:45pm On May 20
Kobojunkie:

Ehh we aren't the ones promoting eternal life na.
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by Image123(m): 10:39am On May 22
LordReed:

Na so. Dem no go wan die go heaven again. Na to stay for here dey enjoy wet in their hand fit reach. LoLz.

Even the richest Christians want to go to Heaven, or rather live eternally. No sane Christian wants to stay here on heart in the current state of earth and the body. But what do i say, your ignorance and hypocrisy consistently overreaches. It's no surprise since you can believe mumbo jumbo like big bang by faith.
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:21pm On May 23
Greenfusion:
Your write up is not clearly understood by me, please expatiate.
Okay. Just as someone else already pointed out here, some read their books not to learn but just to pass their exams, despite the fact that the best way to pass their exams is by reading to learn which ought to be the whole essence of going to school.

In this case, many Christians were just focused on passing God's test so they don't go to hell or miss heaven, instead of coming to know God and pleasing Him which ought to be the whole essence and is also the best way to make heaven.

So they stand a lesser chance of making heaven, because as a result, their commitment to God is not total as it ought to be but partial, since it's selfcentred not God-centred, so could easily be frustrated when things don't go their way.

Hence why it's better for a Christian's target to be pleasing God or drawing closer to Him instead of just making heaven or escaping hell.

God bless.
Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by Greenfusion: 5:29pm On May 23
jesusjnr2020:
Okay. Just as someone else already pointed out here, some read their books not to learn but just to pass their exams, despite the fact that the best way to pass their exams is by reading to learn which ought to be the whole essence of going to school.

In this case, many Christians were just focused on passing God's test so they don't go to hell or miss heaven, instead of coming to know God and pleasing Him which ought to be the whole essence and is also the best way to make heaven.

So they stand a lesser chance of making heaven, because as a result, their commitment to God is not total as it ought to be but partial, since it's selfcentred not God-centred, so could easily be frustrated when things don't go their way.

Hence why it's better for a Christian's target to be pleasing God or drawing closer to Him instead of just making heaven or escaping hell.

God bless.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Why My Target Is No Longer To Make Heaven by DonroxyII: 12:37pm On May 27
LandMann:
Christianity and Islam has grown in leaps and bounds in Nigeria yet the level of wickedness, dishonesty and all manners of vices has also grown...

Christianity and Islam has failed Nigerians. Stop being brainwashed
Christianity/Islam Doctrines Has not Changed But There is No Truest Christian/Muslim/Patriot Among Nigerians!

Nigerians has failed Nigerians πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? / Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.