Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,081 members, 7,939,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:34 AM

Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! (6931 Views)

Customs Recruitment - Scammers On Rampage / Beware! Evil Numbers On The Prowl. / Beware: Fake Job Recruiters On The Prowl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by afterseun(m): 10:14am On Oct 06, 2007
I'm a cadet from Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Why did u use the word "AHOY" in this case, Ahoy is kind of word use by captains onboard ship as an alternative way of calling a Naval Officer or anybody onboard a ship
Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by blechocho(f): 11:42am On Oct 08, 2007
BEWARE OF 2S & T THE MASTER FRAUDSTERS
i had an ungly experience wit my former emploters,they are a major 419 company masquerading as a clthing company,they are not just slave masters but majors wen it comes to decieving young unsuspecting graduates. The terms and condition of the employment was dat we were to undergo a one month training as sales facilitators,after which we would be accessed based on our commitment and seriousness towards the job. The training period was to last for one month ie the whole of august,we (22 of us,both mostly young graduate wit no experience) were to be paid N35,000 for the training period,on complition of the training period,if u were successful,u were entitled to a basic salary of N96,000 plus allowances making total month's salary to N110,000. The job sounded so good to be true,we were not given any target,we encouraged to give ourselfs target,we were given a VpN phone,business cards and allowances to move about and recharge our phones for telemarketing.On the first day on the job we were pushed into the field to start the job,that was wen we realised that were being taken for a ride,i had to resign at the end of the month(that was after about 90% of the staff had resigned or were fired),it took me one month wit the help of a legal letter tthreatening to take them to court before my money was paid,they even removed about N9,500 from the money.Be careful Y'all, dont be decieved by huge allowances and attractive paycheck
Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by bibiking1(m): 5:14pm On Oct 08, 2007
wow that was quite a pathetic tale, i really think something should be done to stem this awful tide. I really dont know why people can be so callous
Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by blankshell(m): 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2007
why are you guyz crowding ken undecided, give him a break. yes its no excuse to scam people because one is an orphan but at-least he is not helpless and doesn't lay in the streets begging or even carry an arm and make the roads more dangerous to travel.

damn it!! angry it his own way off hustling.

my only fault in "ken" is for him trying to explain to much to you guyz. does he even know you guyz, have you met, has he stolen scammed you off your cheezze? NADA, i don't think so!
rather i think your all just jealous or somtin'. that you couldn't come up with a more creative idea.
he came up with his own which unfortunately is illegal but it is not brutal or harmful to people @ least physically that is (maybe emotionally).

if you want to make a difference, post somtin' intellectual and lets make results in magnitudes outta bright ideas, after all, scammers are usually as a result of bright and convincing ideas which they made practical. And don't you come around talking about people blaming the current economy. there is a reason for every accusation, our economy is bad, and there is little or no job opportunities in the the labour market and I'm not just saying this "I'm living it" shocked
Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by blankshell(m): 7:05pm On Oct 08, 2007
[color=#770077]let me give you guyz a lil' info. gettin jobs these dayz in Nigeria (not just in Abuja) is in most cases not by what you have but by "who you know".
even though one might get an appointment into an organization by his kwali (result) this in most cases was influenced by his connections. i have seen graduates come into my company to submit their CV's with certified degrees (including 2:1's) but never got called back for interviews or even atleast a god damn test. and guess what the people that got taken in where all relatives or friends of relatives to the CEO or MD.
now what do you call that, i my self only got employed (though temporarily) through the influence of an executive member. Now in the case of i was a mere person who just walked in to their front door requesting a position, yeah , yeah,  you got it right i would be kicked out one handed without remorse.

now for them yahoozee peeps out there, i have no grudges against y'all, it's y'all way of hustle. but try and keep it discrete coz truly y'all tarnishing nija's gud name.

yes you got me right i said GOOD! believe it or not nija is gud and i'm proud to be a NIGERIAN. what da hell do you think is the reason for all these Lebanese and onyimbo's comin to invest in nija. which reminds me Bleep these Lebanese, now they are the real thieves; steallin off our own front yards and we let em'.
now how generous can one get than that, and you guys come off saying Nigeria is bad.
we have a great economy worth exploiting but instead of we allow international parasites rather than allow indigenous symbiotic individuals take part, and when we decide to take part in foreign activities they say we crooks. like that OPRAH woman.

we should be sayin Bleep her for insulting our country like that. With that screwed up head of her, i don't think her minds ever been right ever since she got illegally screwed (raped). nah!! lipsrsealed nah don't get me wrong, i share her sympathies with the whole past incident but you see, i always looked up to her as strong black woman and as the female malcom X (black activist) but it seems ever since she got rated as the worlds 2nd most powerfull woman and America's most riches woman, it became all about the money and power. now thats herown way of hustling while others just prefer to hustle on the net.
now who wants to say it ain't all about the money, huh?

now America is the worlds biggest e-scammers in the world while Nigeria is only the biggest in the whole of Africa making just a fraction to the total e-crime scale of the entire universe. but why the fuzz about Nigeria all of a sudden, OW i forgot "because we're black". now if Nigeria throws an a-tom bomb @ another country (remember Hiroshima) would we easily forgiven or would they blast us off the face of the earth. ding embarassed you got that right

we're not Yankee dudes, Neda are we whites. if America was a black African country and we threw an a-tom bomb @ Europe? do you think the war would be over by now? judgement question.

lets just thank God for what is and what isn't and keep on praying that all the negativity about Nigeria Will all just be yesterdays dream.

God bless NIJA PEOPLE (PROUDLY GRIN WYT GRIN)

Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by JIGIJAGA: 11:44am On Oct 09, 2007
Hello Nairalanders, nigeria ll only Get better wen pple like dat braggard fool stops taking pride in his folly. ill gotten wealth always fades away dats why he uses words like "long leave" instead of long live. It shows his level of exposure and understsnding God ll help us and we must know it only gets better. I ve been in a bank job 4 about 7mths and dere is still room 4 others to follw, its only time. Pls lets be patient
Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by blankshell(m): 11:55am On Oct 09, 2007
patience doesn't feed the dogs.

Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by dafidixone(m): 1:04pm On Oct 09, 2007
sad Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by kencares: 9:15am On Oct 17, 2007
dearstan u are a big fool infact u must be a bad ass moda 4ucker, STUPID ASS HOLE
Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by RobbieLex: 9:58am On Oct 17, 2007
Oh hey you guys take it easy on kencares, he has been through a lot or at least his family has,

You guys should also realise that it takes a lot for someone to go through this life with all the ups and downs and come out straight, it takes maturity and discipline which i presume you are all aware that not everybody possesses, it takes a certain type of determination to change the world.

some people don't have any constructive bones in their bodies, period! and it only takes the grace of God to change such people, if you want to change the world do it!but keep it in mind that you will encounter people like ken from now till eternity,
Some common traits of ken like people are
1. Self pity - they blame everybody else but themselves for their misfortunes: the economy, their parents, their lecturers, the system, the government, e.t.c
2. Lack of responsibility:
2a. They almost always lack a conscience
3. Selfishness - they care only about themselves and solving their own problems forgetting about the millions of people who will be affected directly or indirectly by their actions.
3. Concerned more about today than tomorrow, willing to do anything it takes to sadist their thirst for wealth, power, e.t.c.
3b. Deconstructive behaviour: They pull down, bulldoze, scatter, destroy, cause sorrow, disharmony, e.t.c.
3c. They reap where they have not sown
4. Prefer to learn from their own experience
5. They will learn from their own experiences, hopefully early enough to repent and write a book or release some movie warning others to flee from this path.
6. They may live comfortably ever after but never happy ever after.

My friends don't blame ken, its the kind of person he is,

WELCOME to the world - The world wouldn't need changing if people like ken did not exist.

In summary let's all be more careful in our job hunt so we don't fall prey to scammers, rather than analysing their delinquent behaviour lets be more scam conscious, All the best my fellow job seekers grin

1 Like

Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by EUITECH(m): 8:28am On Oct 18, 2007
Ken,
Nothing is impossible OK. You could still concentrate on your studies and make better contacts. Who knows? You could get a better post in one of these companies and with Nairaland here you can always get the latest on job openings.
Take Care and best of lucks.
Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by cjones1: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2007
AWAH SEADOGG!I SAW THAT,IT WAS FRAUDLENT ,WE NO NEED THAT KAI TIN
RUGGED U!
Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by fredie(f): 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2007
blankshell,
i dont agree with you atall. Patience is a virtue that man shlould have and be proud of. Landers, no matter what anyone says, dont let yourselves be decieved that patience does not pat
Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by Tonyblu(m): 6:29pm On Oct 22, 2007
scammers? where!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by kaynoJah(m): 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2007
What I can't place here is the correlation of the heading,'Look b/4 You Leap,Scammers Ahoy!' with these fraudulent letters of scam. Why the highlighted words in same sentence? I hope there are no nasty insinuations here.
Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2007

yes, that's definately a scam, because most corporations in the US would mail an appointment letter of employment directly to you through mail, and it will welcome u aboard, indicate the benefits (briefly) and let you know when u can come into the coroprate office for new employee orientation or training, fill out paperwork, IRS tax forms/ witholding statements and insurance packages.

And it most certainly wouldnt be from US, and ask for money. Please avoid these scams at all costs. Remember, if in doubt, always, CHECK IT OUT.

(that goes for relationships too) lol

love & light,

Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by jiogah(m): 9:38pm On Nov 05, 2007
man kenneth i no blame u jo. if i sabi do that yr tin may b i for don HAMA by now if na jincheng i for de rock. notin do u jo. the situation cos am.
Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by umohlee(m): 11:35am On Dec 16, 2013
Broz, thanks for this rich info you share to safe a life. but the true is that most of our people are too lazy to work for themself which pays better.
Re: Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! by fankidzei: 2:12pm On Sep 22, 2015
kencares:
men u gat 2 go listen to maintain YAHOOOOOOOZEEEEEEEE then u will understand y u gat to struggle to make the moni thru any means since our country no wan gree support we youth. INFACT I DEY DO AM I CAN BOAST OF A HONDA LENGEND AND I AM CURRENTLY BUILDING A HOSTEL AT EKOSODI AT UNIBEN

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOY I GET THE uK NUMBER 2

LONG LEAVE G-MEN (benin city)

LONG LEAVE YAHOO (Lagos)

LONG LEAVE THE INTELLIGENT YOUTHS OF 9JA

KENNETH
a.k.a
Mr.Peter Wu
Sales Manager
TOPCROWN (SHENZHEN) TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD
CHINA

thru another man sweat and agony, abi

there's reward for every activities under d firmament...

i'm not going to judge u but be sure, even in ur old age, before u die, d heavens are bringing their massive judgement on u!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Academic And Non-academic Staffs Needed Urgently / What Is The Difference Between A Resume, CV And Cover Letter? / PAS Solar Limited Job Recruitment (20 Openings)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.