Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,834 members, 7,915,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:38 PM

Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Or Buy A New Transformer? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Or Buy A New Transformer? (76 Views)

Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? / Tenant Who Was Served Quit Notice Builds Beautiful House Opposite Landlord / Should The Tenant Who Is Served A Quit Notice Still Pay The Landlord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Or Buy A New Transformer? by Obesity(m): 7:51am On May 22
Things to consider while responding

A. The landlord is living with the tenants
B. The Landlord is not living with the tenants

Mod please push it to front page for wider views

The view of the law should be cited if possible

Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Or Buy A New Transformer? by immortalcrown(m): 7:53am On May 22
Repairing or replacing transformers are the responsibility of the DisCos because every transformer belongs to the DisCos.

But since abnormalities are the order of the day in Nigeria, whoever uses a transformer should repair or replace the transformer when necessary. The task should not be left for only the landlord when the transformer serves both the landlord and the tenant. The task should not be left for only the tenant when the transformer serves both the tenant and the landlord.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Or Buy A New Transformer? by Nbotee(m): 8:23am On May 22
What business does a customer have with replacing a transformer?? Oh I forgot we are in Nigeria
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Or Buy A New Transformer? by lululovesblue(f): 10:07am On May 22
In my opinion these are things that shouldn't be considered at all. Look at other countries. My best friend has moved abroad. She complained to me about how she noticed her front door squeaked a lot. Mind you this is something she could have easily fixed herself with a screwdriver. But it wasn't her responsibility as she wasn't the owner of the building. In fact she told me she could get in trouble for that. She called the landlord and he resolved it. It is not the tenant's responsibility to be in charge of any maintenance of the property, as they are not the owners. Whether the landlord is living with them or not, as the owner of the building he's the one in charge of providing utilities to the ones paying rent, including electricity. Therefore it's his or her job to fix anything faulty. Is the tenant's name on the deed to the house? Abeg
Obesity:
Things to consider while responding

A. The landlord is living with the tenants
B. The Landlord is not living with the tenants

Mod please push it to front page for wider views

The view of the law should be cited if possible

(1) (Reply)

Selling! 4bedroom Semi Detached+bq @ Ajah. N110m. Eunice 08029562694 / Erection And Fabrication �� / Land For Sale In Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.