Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,799 members, 7,879,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:24 PM

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Got Tired Of Being In The Spotlight by King0G - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Got Tired Of Being In The Spotlight by King0G (105 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Are In A Class Of Their Own By King0g / Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g / Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Got Tired Of Being In The Spotlight by King0G by KiNg0G: 8:48am On May 23
I know I might get bashed for this like my previous threads because we have so many uniformed human beings in the Internet space who just don't read to correlate a well articulated post. All they are built for is to criticize one just because their favorites are not in the list or in one that doesn't fit their tastes. And sometimes I wish I could just.......uhh...... but as a Nigerian when I be, a top pro musical analyst... NA we we... we gather dey.

5) P SQUARE

We all know the feud that happened between the brothers, they had to break up for a long period of time, with everyone going solo, and this affected their career so badly that I even came to drop an analysis about it in 2021, stating it was too late for them, and different reasons why I said so. I was bashed all through the way, some asking if I was God. I was like, 'I am not God, but speaking the facts,' and as it is, my analysis was 100% correct.

Don't get me wrong, I am not jesting or happy for those brother's downfall. I was a fan, and I am still a fan of theirs when I need to listen to some love music especially this raining seasons to make my heart go tinga linga lin... But I think the breakup was not only the reason for their declination today, despite being in the Nigerian entertainment industry for over 2 decades. I think it got to a point. they were just tired of the spotlight. Because I have been thinking about it for a while now, they are good in hip-hop, R&B, even party jams almost all genres we know. Times have changed, but if they truly wanted to push, they would have dropped at least some hits since their reunion and wouldn't have left the mainstream the way they did. That's not how legends do... maybe stars.. but definitely not legends.

https://www.nairaland.com/6871815/think-too-late-peter-paul

4) MI ABAGA

Mr. Incredible, African rapper number one, the GOAT, the legend, the undisputed hip-hop king who held it down in Nigeria for years. But one mistake that MI made, I keep telling my OGs when we deliberate on issues like this, is him putting his hopes on those upcoming artists who came on the scene at that time to carry on the legacy after him, not knowing they would disappoint when the bread was no longer coming and turn into party jam singers in a hurry. The princes who never became kings. tueh!!.

It's just so disheartening seeing Ghanaians, South Africans, and even Kenyans MCs on the mic spitting hard bars to the extent of dissing us, left and right, year in and year out, and no one to respond because all these rappers have been converted to Afrobeats singers just because of their popular notion that 'rap no dey sell for 9ja'... like come on! The recent trend online with Sarkodie dissing Nigeria indirectly, saying he was just bragging, and so many people were asking if indeed he was, he would have named dropped Nigerian rappers instead, and I was thinking so deep after MI's era, Dagrin's era... which other rappers do we have in Nigeria who became popular worldwide... I mean, not per time GBEDU jam singers, lol... is it Blaqbonez or co? MI was just too quick to be tired of the spotlight. he retired too early, just because he wanted to pave the way for some individuals who really wasn't ready for the throne... now see where we are with the hip-hop genre. Disappointing

3) 2FACE IDIBIA

Well, I wouldn't really say baba was tired of the spotlight. I would say the spotlight was tired of him, and baba became tired of the spotlight. Get it? If you don't, forget about it. Tubaba, the one musical artist in a league of his own, tried to blend in with the new era, but it just became tiring, I guess and I doubt if people still do the gaga shuffle with new young talented artists saturating the Nigerian entertainment industry daily. Baba just had to relax. Early in 2019, I knew he would obviously having not paved the way for those top musicians on board now. If he had maybe it would have been a different stance. But no, he didn't... No one can point and say, "2Face put me on till this day..." Baba was just minding his business, doing his own thing, and now it would be so embarrassing to see him asking for features from those youngsters just to stay relevant, I guess, which I know he understands. But hey, Baba is a legend and deserves all the accolades he receives till this day. One of our own.

2) OLAMIDE

I really didn't know what happened to Baddo, but he was indeed the voice of their street. He kept it real, but some said after the death of his mother in 2018, that was when the shells started covering. Bro just felt like he didn't want to be in the spotlight that much, instead he invested more in his record label, helping upcoming artists, blessing them with a verse while he just sits and relaxes and watches them blow up from there. I understand a lot of us have different drives, plans, and as we grow we decide to live in our own expectations and not others. So I definitely understand... so many want to be kings while the real Gees prefer to be KING MAKERS

1) WIZKID

Show me one Nigerian musician who is or was more marketed than Wizkid, none. He has done it all, and like he said to OBO, even if he stops singing today, his name is already in the hall of fame written boldly. He came, saw, and conquered, but I guess the hunger for more fame and spotlight was just not there since 2015. All the albums he dropped seem like a forced and stressed-out piece of work, and that just wasn't really him. I mean, where is the Wizkid of 2010, the Wizkid of 2013. the hunger for more success, more fame, more awards, and most especially more tunes? The only thing that has kept him in the spotlight this long is the rivalry between 30 Billion Gang and FC ... genz Kids online, creating uncessary tensions, no doubt. We all know he has left the spotlight, just holding on to few strings and if Nigerian musicians were to be ranked today just like table tennis players, someone else would be right there sitting as one of the new big three in is spot as at now. Let's be sincere for once and hold no sentiments. A few tweets doesn't change anything compared to the number of works put in over the years by hardworking artist. They say na who fall na loose guard. You close eye, some one already prep to take your place.
Gracias

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Got Tired Of Being In The Spotlight by King0G by KiNg0G: 8:48am On May 23

(1) (Reply)

Best Of Beres Hammond Songs DJ Mixtape / A Historic Union: AMAN And PMAN Presidents Forge Path For Future Music / Kabza De Small Latest Amapiano Mixtape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.