Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,833 members, 7,872,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:16 PM

Why Is Christine Zionism So Strong In Africa - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Is Christine Zionism So Strong In Africa (88 Views)

Israeli Anti-Zionism Jewish Rabbis Meet With Iranian President / IMF Boss, Christine Lagarde, Resigns / No Shred Of Evidence That Brett Kavanaugh Sexually Assaulted Christine Ford (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Christine Zionism So Strong In Africa by Bravery24: 12:28pm On May 23
By Kenneth Kaigua
(African stream Journalist)

Africa has about 700m Christians a large number of them support Israel or at least sympathetic to the ideology of Zionism .
Why is Christian Zionism in Africa so strong? African stream spoke to retired Anglican minister Stephen Sizer author of the book ‘Christian Zionism: Road map Armageddo?’and founder of the Peacemaker Trust. For more insight into the phenomenon.
Stephen Sizer; Christian Zionists dominant in America and that’s why it’s dominant in Africa because sadly, many Churches in Africa are dependent on funding from Churches in America and to be cynical, forgive me if I can get money for my Church from a particular Church in America or a denomination in America I’m more likely to get that support, if I align My theology with their theology that My doctrine with their doctrine they come to visit us they bless us they support us.
Kenneth; so it comes down to money this means Africa denominations that are founded by Zionist Christians from the United States are, in the mean supportive of Israel's racism and colonial policies towards Palestinians. And this where the slavery and racism come in you see, Zionism in the United States is quite strong in the Southern part of the country where slavery was deeply entranced.

Stephen Sizer; explains how this background shapes Zionism’s racist ideology. Christian Zionism is dominant within certain dominations and certain parts of America particularly the South which coincidentally was the area segregation pro slavery. And so again, you have a parallel with what we would call White supremacism White Nationalism the belief that we are superior and our understanding of the Bible is the dominant one.

Kenneth; And this misunderstanding of the Bible Zionist Christians is based on a misapplication of the scriptures relating to ancient Israel to the modern Israel entity calling itself Israel. The Old testament finds it’s fulfillment in this is Christ who emphasised the conquest of self and one’s own desires not the conquest of other races both Hebrew and Greek Scriptures emphasis; that membership of God’s people has always been open to all races on the basis of grace not by race. And that the understanding includes funding that has no strings attached as Sizer himself exceplifies.

Stephen Sizer, you know, the model in the New Testament is self-sufficiency you work and provide for your family. And that goes with the Church, so if I was a Pastor in Africa the expectation that I work half the week provide for My family and serve as a Pastor on Sunday, not that I receive My salary from you know, the hard earned money from My congregation or from America. You know, we should be independent. So My plea is to Christians in Africa be aware of where the money is coming from and what strings attached to it cut the umbilical cord go back to the Bible work out what the Bible actually says and develop an African theology not a European colonial White supremacist theology.

(1) (Reply)

Converting By The Sword In Christianity / Trump Continuing Down His Path Would Be A " Mistake" / Voleur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.