Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,338 members, 7,881,246 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:06 PM

Does PEP really work for hIV/AID?? Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does PEP really work for hIV/AID?? Help (286 Views)

Are You Hiv/aid Patient? / How Alcohol Tea Can Aid Help Corona Virus / Lady Designs Condom Made Cloth For Hiv Awareness (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does PEP really work for hIV/AID?? Help by Christianoir: 6:19pm On May 23
Ok

Re: Does PEP really work for hIV/AID?? Help by drstan(m): 7:01pm On May 23
Why will the person be on PEP constantly? The person is positive bro, but the fact she's on her drugs she you might be safe , if she's diligent to it and her viral load is undetectable.
My advice for you, just continue with the pep for a month to be at the safe side.

2 Likes

Re: Does PEP really work for hIV/AID?? Help by Lavor234: 7:12pm On May 23
Thanonos and Eros. Death and sex intertwined

1 Like

Re: Does PEP really work for hIV/AID?? Help by Christianoir: 8:20pm On May 23
drstan:
Why will the person be on PEP constantly? The person is positive bro, but the fact she's on her drugs she you might be safe , if she's diligent to it and her viral load is undetectable.
My advice for you, just continue with the pep for a month to be at the safe side.

She is taking prep… it for negative people who want don’t want to contract hiv… pep is for people who have slept with someone they are not sure of

1 Like

Re: Does PEP really work for hIV/AID?? Help by Kelklein(m): 9:09pm On May 23
Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) simply refers to taking medications that protect you against contacting a disease..

PEP is most effective if taken within 72hrs of exposure to the infecting agent, or a suspected carrier.

It is usually taken for 30 days.
Re: Does PEP really work for hIV/AID?? Help by drstan(m): 11:55pm On May 23
Christianoir:

She is taking prep… it for negative people who want don’t want to contract hiv… pep is for people who have slept with someone they are not sure of
for her to give you and always having it call for concern, that's my point. And how did you know it's prep and not the main drugs in a prep container, did you see and read the content?
Re: Does PEP really work for hIV/AID?? Help by Christianoir: 8:15am On May 24
drstan:
for her to give you and always having it call for concern, that's my point. And how did you know it's prep and not the main drugs in a prep container, did you see and read the content?

She didn’t give per say tho… she gave me a nurse number it was her who gave me and run test on me and told me to take the drugs for 28days.. I don’t think she is infected tho.. it just my mind playing trick. Off course I read it it pep
Re: Does PEP really work for hIV/AID?? Help by Akposkiz: 9:15pm On May 24
Hmmm!
Re: Does PEP really work for hIV/AID?? Help by BigYash: 2:32pm On May 25
Una sabi take risk sha
Re: Does PEP really work for hIV/AID?? Help by BigYash: 2:32pm On May 25
Una sabi take Yeye risk sha
Re: Does PEP really work for hIV/AID?? Help by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:47pm On May 25
Christianoir:

It's PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) not ''prep''. The way you wrote it is confusing
Re: Does PEP really work for hIV/AID?? Help by imagrg(m): 7:33pm On May 25
Toto and preek wahala can be better avoided.

(1) (Reply)

The Controversial With Them Act Like My Not Necessary / Brown And In The Latter Being The Creepy / Solution To Your Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.